Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
Favorite Thanksgiving Dish

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Main dish:
  Turkey
  Ham
  Vegitarian
View Results

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:44 pm
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

Often times one big thing about Thanksgiving is the food (of course I know what Thanksgiving really is about) so I want to ask everyone:

What is your favorite food dish on Thanksgiving?
Is a dish you only have on holidays,
or a dish you make through out the year,
but enjoy it on holidays as well?

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:06 pm
I really like stuffing.
We never actually stuff it in the bird, we just eat it. xD

Pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce are really good too.
Mmm, I hope my parents are gonna make a good meal when I go home this week. x3  

Saint Crazy The Follower

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:25 am
Saint Crazy The Follower
I really like stuffing.
We never actually stuff it in the bird, we just eat it. xD

Pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce are really good too.
Mmm, I hope my parents are gonna make a good meal when I go home this week. x3

I watch cooking shows a lot and actually stuffing the bird with the bread takes moisture away from the turkey drying it out, as well as it harbors many bacteria from the bird, but stuffing the bird with seasonings like rosemary, thyme, sage, and onions, and other things is okay because you won't be eating them and they will help add flavor... lol

Pumpkin pie is my favorite dessert unless someone makes a Pumpkin cheese cake.

I think my favorite dish is deviled eggs (I never liked the name of them but they taste amazing lol) as well the crudites (vegetable platters)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:29 am
anything my mom makes^^ all her food is good and she lets us help cook it, which makes the meal better, cause it was made with love^^ heart  

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Saint Crazy The Follower

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:38 am
Oooh, pumpkin cheesecake? :3

I love all things pumpkin, especially in the fall. Pumpkin bread, muffins, pumpkin spice latte from starbucks... 8D  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:43 pm
Saint Crazy The Follower
Oooh, pumpkin cheesecake? :3

I love all things pumpkin, especially in the fall. Pumpkin bread, muffins, pumpkin spice latte from starbucks... 8D

Pumpkin cheesecake is super yummy. My mom made it last year and my kid stole over half of it in the time it took me to run upstairs and get something then come back down. (mind you, she was only 2 1/2yrs old then) but I wasn't upset for long she did the same thing to my dad because he let her use the fork to get a bite from his slice ha ha ha.

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Riku Elmwick

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:19 pm
My mom's pumpkin pie is good but her carmal apple pie is divine!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:32 pm
Oh so hard to choose from I love all of them Hmm but my top five would be pumpkin pecan pie with a bunch of whip cream then the turkey with the stuffing and the cranberry sauce in it mhm so delicious and then the HAM and then theres that cornbread OMG and then last but not least the corn hmph not really a big fan of corn. you obviously can tell I am a girl who loves eating.  

Her-Infernal-Sentinal

5,850 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:16 am
mooey96999
Oh so hard to choose from I love all of them Hmm but my top fice would be pumpkin pecan pie with a bunch of whip cream then the turkey with the stuffing and the cranberry sauce in it mhm so delicious and then the HAM and then theres that cornbread OMG and then last but not least the corn hmph not really a big fan of corn. you obviously can tell I am a girl who loves eating.

ha ha ha it's always hard to choose a favorite when there is so much variety!

why do you not like corn that much? It's like a SUPER favorite in my family... as long as it's frozen sweet white corn or fresh corn on the cob with garlic butter ha ha ha.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:12 am
My mom's Corn Cassaroll.
It's amazing.

Bioluminescent Sharpies

5,650 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:12 am
The pumpkin pie and cranberries! heart  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:02 am
I am one of the few people that do not eat Turkey or Ham or Stuffing on Thanksgiving. My main dinner is 2 thin and small slices of ham on bread, rolls, and the marshmallows on the squash. I usually wait until dessert to eat, so I'm either really hungry until then, or filling up on soda.  

karmastinks18

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:18 pm
I wouldn't be able to choose.
My mom makes the BEST Thanksgiving dinner ever.
I'm not even exaggerating.
whee heart

Today our main dish was the turkey, she cooks it with red wine, then she cooks the stuffing separately.
Then we have a bunch of other different sides, it varies every year. Ex sad coleslaw/corn/ steamed vegetables/mashed potatoes with gravy/pumpkin pie/ ham with pineapple.)
This year my sister decided to experiment with a ground beef mix, looks like it's going to be delicious, I saw ketchup, mustard, spices, cranberries and tomato juice go in there. 0_0

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:18 pm
faithful quenga
mooey96999
Oh so hard to choose from I love all of them Hmm but my top fice would be pumpkin pecan pie with a bunch of whip cream then the turkey with the stuffing and the cranberry sauce in it mhm so delicious and then the HAM and then theres that cornbread OMG and then last but not least the corn hmph not really a big fan of corn. you obviously can tell I am a girl who loves eating.

ha ha ha it's always hard to choose a favorite when there is so much variety!

why do you not like corn that much? It's like a SUPER favorite in my family... as long as it's frozen sweet white corn or fresh corn on the cob with garlic butter ha ha ha.

Don't get me wrong I like pop corn and buttered corn.  

Her-Infernal-Sentinal

5,850 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

--Melaho_Oira--

Sparkly Student

31,950 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:27 pm
I actually love ham on Thanksgiving and also on Christmas. My grandpa, God bless his soul, had a recipe that has staying in our family for many years. When my grandpa died last year in August, I was devastated. I had taken him and his knowledge as a chef for granted while I was growing up. I had seen him make his Christmas ham but never thought to ask him for it, and he had never thought to write it down since he was used to the recipe.

My step-mom and Dad put their heads together with me to try to come up with the recipe. The first time that I cooked it was last Thanksgiving, I had absolutely no measurements to go by. So, I just prayed that God would let my grandpa be there while I was cooking so that he could help me know what to do. The crazy thing is, I felt my grandpa so strongly that it was as if he were standing next to me talking me through all the steps. Needless to say, when I finished the ham and had a taste of it, I cried like a baby because it was my grandpa's ham.

All I can say is Praise God, and Thank you Grandpa Mel!!!  
Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games