The Story Unfolds -- Open & Plotting! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

derivative

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:08 am
I figured it would be easiest for us to plot and work our stories out together if we had a thread to do it in! Since we aren't likely to all catch each other online/on a messenger. =)

Open! If anyone would like to post and seek out some interaction with the group, please do so!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:11 am
Profile skeleton from my plot thread, if you want to use it!

[size=10][imgleft]url here[/imgleft] [b]Name[/b]:
[b]Parents[/b]:
[b]Siblings[/b]:
[b]Mate[/b]:
[b]Children[/b]:
[b]Other Family[/b]:
[b]Temper[/b]:
[b]Sexual Orientation[/b]:

[b]Likes[/b]:
[b]Dislikes[/b]:

[b]Personality[/b]:

[b]History[/b]:

[u]Breeding[/u]

[b]Breeding 1[/b]:
[b]Breeding 2[/b]:
[b]Breeding 3[/b]: [/size]

Plot skeleton?

[size=10][b]Things I'd like to see[/b]:

[b]Things I wouldn't like to see[/b]:

[b]Plot one[/b]: rinse, repeat as many of these as you need![/size]

derivative

Anxious Prophet

derivative

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:14 am
User Image Name: Azazel
Parents: Gada & Dresden
Siblings: Elsa
Mate: N/A
Children: N/A
Other Family: Alti, grandmother.
Temper: Stubborn
Sexual Orientation: N/A -- too young to care!

Likes: Owning things, having control, bossing others around, swimming, being the center of attention. (He will love to fly once he learns how.)
Dislikes: Being powerless, being small, being told no (like, really, really dislikes it, even more than children normally do; hello, horrible temper tantrum), snow, thunder storms.

Personality: Azazel is troubled and a little bit unpredictable. He's still young, so the direction his life takes is very dependent on how his parents nurture him; if they continue to look at him worriedly and make him hyper-aware of his different features, they will become even more important to him than they already are. He has a short temper, partially due to the fact that he is still a child and doesn't understand how to manage the more potent emotions that he deals with on a daily basis. Being as young as he is, it hasn't occurred to him to doubt that his parents are his parents, but as he gets older, if the notion that he belongs and was meant to be a part of his family isn't reinforced, he will become suspicious and see himself as an interloper, a cancer to the family, slowly eroding it.

He is unsure, but not shy or soft-spoken; when he doesn't know what to do or say he either seethes, stubbornly saying nothing at all for days, or explodes with temper where he stands, digging gouges into the earth with his hooves and snapping his wickedly sharp teeth at no one in particular. He has never been violent toward his parents, knowing at the core of himself that doing so would be wrong even if nothing feels quite right about his life, but sometimes he imagines he sees fear in their faces as well as the concern, the puzzlement at his features. And this bothers him. He is not afraid of his parents; his parents shouldn't be afraid of him, should they?

His place in the world is a precarious one, but he is a steadfast, determined individual. Given the right environment, he could flourish as a positive influence, very protective and possessive of what he considers his -- his parents, right now, and the little basket that he sees as his sibling, even if he resents it. A lot of how his personality will eventually develop depends on his parents; will he lean toward the "good" side of things, controlling his temper and using his energy to protect, albeit grumpily, those he holds dear? Or will he come to consider himself an outcast, slipping away from those who raised him, striking out on his own to find others "like him" and fall into their way of life?

As with any child, there are parts of his personality that are inborn -- his mulish attitude, his determination, his short temper and his desire to guard that which he considers his -- but as he grows, these traits will be exaggerated for better or worse depending on how life treats him. After all, he is still young. Anything is possible.

History: There has been no specific event so far that has influenced Azazel's life, but rather an overwhelming, eternally present feeling of wrongness. Though his parents won't come out and say that anything his wrong with him, they way they look at him makes him feel awkward and unhappy, and stirs a temper that he doesn't have the life experiences or resources to control. He doesn't lash out at his parents, because they are obviously his parents and he doesn't want to displease them, but he wonders why they look at him with reservation in their faces. He also resents the basket, apparently-stillborn, because his parents hold hope for it, seemingly more hope than they do for him; they're traveling to see the Angeni to have the basket blessed, after all, not to fix whatever is wrong with him -- or so he thinks.

And surely there must be something wrong, because he doesn't look like either of his parents and they don't look at him like they do each other -- and you can bet he's noticed. He doesn't have any other example to set them to, but his family... just feels strange.

Breeding

Breeding 1: N/A
Breeding 2: N/A
Breeding 3: N/A

Things I'd like to see: Interaction with the parents! I'd love for some one-on-one time with each of them, especially since I'm sure they'll be influencing Azazel in two very different directions. I'd love, love, love for him to get conflicting messages from his parents, make his childhood even more confusing than it already is.

Adventures with his little brother/sister when they pop! Azy probably won't be the model big brother, being very possessive and commanding, and will actually probably bully his little sibling until they do what he wants. Parents can step in to make this happen less, but I'd love to work with pinch to figure out what kind of relationship they'll have when they get older. <3

Meeting with the "Angeni"! He's a tiny little angry fellow, and will probably give a lot of lip and sass, but he's not outwardly violent yet, so no attacking. Just a lot of angry.

Things I wouldn't like to see: Complete and utter shifting to one side -- I'd like him to be confused and influenced by all the people in his life, so he's a bit conflicted and unsure exactly where he stands. So he won't be wholly good or wholly bad, ever, but especially not when he's young -- he's just going to be a mixed-up kid getting a lot of signals and trying his best to please his parents while still acting in the way that feels most natural to him.

Plot one: tbc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:58 am
User Image Name: Alti
Parents: N/A
Siblings: N/A
Mate: None
Children: Dresden
Other Family: None
Temper: Ruthless
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Likes: Kalonas, dark things, being evil, disposing of worthless beings, tormenting/killing the weak.
Dislikes: Anything that is not a Kalona, those who are nice, loving and gentle, bright colors, cheery things.

Personality: Dark, ruthless and power-hungry, Alti wishes to gain power by destroying those who are weak and manipulate those who prove to be somewhat worthy. She is not the type you ever want to cross for you will feel her hooves crush you before your back is even turned. Alti believes that the only worthy breed to roam the lands are Kalona and will stop at nothing to rid the lands of the weaker species, this became her true and ultimate goal after seeing her own foal born with nearly no sign of Kalona blood within her.

Shall expand this a bit later, but this is the short and sweet version so to speak.

History: It had been the perfect plan, one that had been thought out over a long time. She would find a Kalona stallion as dark and twisted as she was to help bring in a new generation of Kalona, one that would be more hateful than even she. While finding a Kalona stallion was quite easy she refused to settle for the first one that she came across, instead she searched for many months until the perfect specimen was found. He had tried to kill her at first sight, and that instant hatred and coldness in his eyes told her that this was the one she had been looking for. Though they fought viciously in the end the pair came to a draw, neither able to overpower and kill the other. So Alti made her offer to the stallion, to have him help sire foals that would be shaped into their visions and used as minions in their search for power.

He of course agreed to this. So the two had paired up, and together created two baskets. These would be the first of many new Kalona who would become an army of destruction and chaos in the lands. But all was not to be, for as the baskets opened the most disgusting sight met her eyes. A filly whose only sign of her Kalona heritage were her cloven hooves emerged from one. The other was a true Kalona filly, however the stallion instantly turned on Alti and managed to steal the only worthy daughter of the pair.

Alti was furious and had planned to kill the abomination right then and there. But she withheld her hooves and abandoned her instead, without anyone to look after her the foal would perish in no time. And so she set out to find her would be mate and take back what had been stolen from her, however she never found him again or her worthy daughter. So she began to roam the lands with a new agenda, kill everything that was not a Kalona and purge the lands of this unworthy taint.

Breeding

Things I'd like to see:
The chance to interact with her grandson, to try to corrupt him and turn him against his parents so that she can have her first new minion. Dresden could make an appearance and stop this of course, though not entirely necessary.

A run in with that Angeni. Preferably one where she fights him, but a nasty exchange of words could work as well. She will being hunting for him to find out what he wants with her grandson.

Things I wouldn't like to see:
Anyone trying to reform Alti against her hateful ways, because a) It would never work and b) whoever tried would probably die.

Plot one:
I would like to see Alti try to, perhaps after an initial run in with Azazel, to come back and try to forcefully take him away from his family, and perhaps his sibling too depending on what comes out of that basket of course. Perhaps Dresden and Gada could team up and try to stop her? If they succeeded that would only fuel Alti's anger more which would be good in a way.

She-Ra of Etheria

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:01 am
User Image Name: Elsa
Parents: Gada & Dresden
Siblings: Azazel
Mate: --
Children: --
Other Family: Alti, grandmother.
Temper: --
Sexual Orientation: --

Likes: Her brother, her mother, her father. Being told what to do, given direct and clear orders, confirmation that she's doing the right thing. Flying.
Dislikes: Being unsure of her duties, being conflicted, being confused.

Personality: Elsa is a lump of clay and the world around her is the sculptor. Frighteningly receptive to outside influences, Elsa is completely eager to be given an order so that she can follow it through. She doesn't speak often and she might come off as being a bit 'slow' -- this could be a side-effect of being a late-bloomer but it's hard to say. While Elsa hungers for approval from her parents and never strays too far from either of them, Elsa is completely and utterly co-dependent on her big brother. She may just love him more than anything in the world. Without him she turns into a completely anxious mess, and often follows him around - sometimes without him even realizing it.

History: Not much to put here that we don't all already know. Born to a Wind father and a secretively part-Kalona mother, Elsa was a late bloomer and has finally broken free from the restraints of her basket.

Things I'd like to see:
+ Manipulation by her mother.
+ Interaction with her brother. Lots of it.
+ A meeting with grandma. I'd like to see grandma try and worm her way in to Azazel's life through Elsa, maybe?
+ Interaction with papa. How did he lose his wing, does he miss flying, etc.

Things I wouldn't like to see:
+ Her brother to disappear from her life. However, this might be a good turning point for her, so if this is something that has to happen, I can see it causing her to fall into a downward spiral of terribleness.

Plot one: rinse, repeat as many of these as you need!

Plots are WIP atm~ :3  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:09 am
User Image Name: Pascallion
Parents: Magpie x "..."
Siblings: ---
Mate: ---
Children: ---
Other Family: ---
Temper: Charismatic
Sexual Orientation: He's never really thought about it, before. To be in a relationship would be to stay in one spot and drop his little "game," which just doesn't seem possible in his mind. I'd imagine he could swing either way, though, if he ever does find romance.

Likes: Fine grasses and hays, a safe and quiet spot to sleep at night, flight, birdwatching, and, as he would call it, "winning" at his "game."
Dislikes: Constantly being uprooted, not being able to actually help those who come to him, that period between being on the run and finding safe shelter, those who are a little "too curious" about his wings.

Personality: He truly is a friendly fellow, all games and facades aside. Had he been born into a different herd, he'd probably be a upstanding, model stallion. But he wasn't that fortunate, though he isn't one to talk negatively about his lot in life. Others had it way worse, after all. And he, with his cunning mind and smooth words, took advantage of them. Sure, he feels guilty at times, but it's all in the name of survival, and survival trumps all things. If he can actually help another, he will. The problem is, he can rarely actually help someone else.

Because of this, he remains a drifter. At times, he often feels quite lonely, but remembering the fall of the Merryhooves will boil his blood enough to keep him moving on alone, too afraid to actually drop his charade and trust others. He is certain that if he did, he'd pay blood for what he has done, but maintains the belief that he only needs himself and that the hope, however false it is, probably does some good at least. Probably.

History: Pascallion wasn't always a charlatan. Oh, wait. That's a lie, yes he was. You see, Pascallion had the pleasure of being brought into the world by Magpie, who was a rather radiant young horse. She was also rather promiscuous, but that's beside the point. Magpie was part of a small herd of thieves entertainers that travelled the lands, providing joy and amusement to all who would welcome them to visit. Their "Band of Merryhooves," as they called themselves, was led by an aging stallion, who saw promise in the charismatic, golden Pascallion. He got along well with nearly everyone he met, was generally friendly, was a brilliant actor in their little performances, and was not yet a year old, thus he was still easily influenced. He was prime material for molding into what they wanted. Thus, Pascallion became an Angeni.

He played his roll well, perhaps a little too well, but it had it's consequences. He was separated from his young, actress of a mother, which befuddled him. He couldn't quite grasp the concept that he, as an "Angeni," could not call her his mother, for fear of giving the charade away. The stallion that led the herd, Ingus, decided that Magpie was simply too much of a liability and banished her from their merry little band, unaware of the dire results his actions would have. She sounded the alarm quite willingly at their previous stop, with much whining and making herself and her son out to being victims, and the swindled horses were quick to tail after the Merryhooves, craving some sort of retribution.

When the herd caught up with the thieves, they were quickly disbanded. Some were killed in the process. By this point, Pascallion was a rather young adult and he willingly followed the herd back to his mother, but the horrors of the battle that he had witnessed never left him. In fact, it drilled into his mind that no creature was to be trusted. He had seen how quickly his "friends" had turned on his mother and how she had lied to this new herd. It was, in a way, damaging. He picked up his old, second pair of wings and left, to make his own way in the world.

And he did it the only way he knew how.

Breeding

Breeding 1: ---
Breeding 2: ---
Breeding 3: ---

Things I'd like to see:

1) Azazel - He'd like to take a look at the youngster he "blessed," if only to see what came of his "powers."

2) Alti - I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a run in. He's an actor, not a fighter, so I doubt he'd put up that much of a fight, if he can help it, but he will if he has to.

3) ??? - Depends on how the plots turn and what comes out of the basket?

4) Dresden - He's a pretty sharp fellow and I think he'd probably see through her lies. That being said, he'd probably admire her ability to settle down and be "normal," despite what she's hiding. A friendship or truce of some sort might be interesting!

5) Gada - If he was to find out about him being lied to, that would be fun!

Things I wouldn't like to see: Not really sure O:

Plot one: Forming some sort of truce with Dresden

Plot Two: He's not one for confessions, but if Gada were to figure him out, that could be interesting. Likewise, he meeting Alti would be fun.

Rainhowl

Tipsy Prophet

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:55 am
User Image Name: Dresden
Parents: Alti x ???
Siblings: N/A, I think
Mate: Gada? Sort of?
Children: Azazel and ???
Other Family: N/A
Temper: Duplicitous
Sexual Orientation: Whatever she needs it to be. Right now? She, uh, only has eyes for Gada. Yes. That's right.

Dislikes: I'll fill this out later

Personality: Dresden is something of an emotional chameleon. She can be patient, when it suits her or furthers her ends. She can be sweet, if it's necessary to sucker somebody in for food or protection. She can be loving... in a fashion. To anybody, even those who know her well, she's a simple mare with a little bit of a temper. But a hot temper can be mistaken for passion, which is how she plays it off when she snaps. So far, it's worked pretty well. While she does feel something for her mate, it isn't the deep, abiding love that a normal mare would feel. Rather, it's a mix of pity and amusement that she can pass off as affection. As of late, she's begun to care more about the male- she tells herself it's relief that his blood didn't express itself in her child. Maybe it is something more? Only time will tell.

History: Res remembers her mother.

And it makes her so upset to remember the mare. She remembers the graceful curve of her horns, the power and strength in her neck, the wide leathery wings that she'd so desperately wished she'd had. While she never loved her mother, she'd admired her, and she'd always hoped for the same. But when she was small, her mother simply left. It wasn't like she didn't know why. The kalona had never been fond of her daughter, never been proud. And why should she have been? 'Res, after all, was weak. Stupid. Useless. Embarrassed and ashamed, she took the abandonment as a sign that she needed to work harder. She'd learned to feed herself, to hide her emotions, to control her temper, and to lie about her past. She'd learned how to mingle, how to manipulate, how to use. She'd drifted between herds, looking for somebody stupid enough to be suckered into supporting her for a time, then move on.

When she met her mate, she knew the match was perfect. Strong muscles, not terrible on the eyes, simple enough to believe anything she said, and most importantly, flawed. If there was one thing she understood, it was how to use others' flaws against them. He was weak; he needed her. She'd learned something of the healing ways in her life; after all, not just the kalona kin had cloven hooves. There had been unicorns and the like willing to share what they knew with their "distant cousin." So once again, she lied. The hooves were those of her kirin grandmother; her knowledge of medicine was genetic. With his missing wing, he was more than willing to believe her. She cared for him with a soothing voice and poisoned words, convincing him that nobody else would ever care for him, that he was flawed, but not to worry... she appreciated him...

It was only a matter of time before they decided to have children. She wanted girls, girls she could teach to be just like her. Girls she could teach to ruin lives. Girls she could one day introduce to her own mother. She was so very excited to see those baskets...

Breeding

Things I'd like to see:

Things I wouldn't like to see: Confessions. It's not in her nature to come clean about things.

Plot one:I want to see her get to know Pascallion- they both survive on making others believe what they want them to believe, so they'd form an uneasy truce. She also knows exactly why Azazel looks like a Kalona, but she's never going to let Gada know why she knows.

Plot two:
It would be fun maybe to have her meet her mother and proudly show off her little Kalona son. While I can't imagine Alti ever accepting her, she can certainly hope for her mother's approval.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:19 pm
User Image Name: Gada
Parents: N/A
Siblings: N/A
Mate: Dresden...for now.
Children: Azazel and ???
Other Family: N/A
Temper: Reserved
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Likes: Quiet, security, knowing his place in the world, having a family.
Dislikes: Being hovered over, talking about his injury, histrionics, uncertain situations.

Personality: Gada is a quiet, reserved stallion. He only loosens up around his mate, and then only a little. He is not simple-minded, but he is rustic and trusting. He knows he is not particularly clever or talented in any particular aspect of his life, but he has faith in his ability to react quickly and fairly to problems. His past experience with the kalona attack has left him with a grave and stoic approach to danger; once, a poisonous snake threatened the herd he was traveling with, and he calmly walked up and trampled it to death. His calm efficiency with matters such as this can be unnerving to some, but underneath that cool exterior he still harbors many misgivings about his own personal worth. He is willing to put himself in harm's way because he thinks his life is worth less that the lives of those who he considers whole. As a consequence of his earlier experiences, he feel inadequate around winds, aloof but friendly toward most normal, fear and extreme distress when confronted by kalonas, and a great amount of respect and love for Angenis. (This explains why he was so eager to trust Pascallion, even after Azazel emerged a kalona.)

History: Gada never thought of his wings in any sort of prideful fashion--spirits, he never thought of his wings much at all. No more than he thought about his hooves or his tail or his nose. He was a whole creature, and that was all that mattered to him. He was sound of mind and body, and that was enough for him to give praise to the gods. He would never run as fast as his land-based cousins, or swim like the mers. He could not heal, or hide in the forest like a ghost. But he could do what he was formed to do.

He was a sturdy, predictable stallion in his herd. The sort that was there to help out when an extra set of legs was needed, the sort that never stirred up trouble. He was a threat to no one, a friend to everyone--but a close friend to not a soul. That's the problem with being a middle-of-the-road sort: everyone may like you, but no one loves you.

One day, as he foraged, tragedy struck. He wandered into the thick of a bramble patch, seeking out sweet late blackberries, and was too engrossed in his search to notice that not all the rustling around him was made by his herdmates. A kalona which had bedded in the brambles for the night saw Gada and took the golden opportunity to have a meal, and the poor sap never saw it coming.

It was to his everlasting fortune that he turned to snag a cluster of berries as the kalona leapt at him--the bite meant to crush his throat instead caught his withers, just above his left wing.

What followed next was a fight for his life.

Gada screamed that high-pitched horse scream, that deafening sound of pure terror and pain. He reared back, desperately trying to pull away, but the kalona was not to be deterred. It adjusted its grip, mouth slipping on slick warm blood, and found new purchase in the meat of his wing joint. Sharp, wicked hooves beat at Gada's chest and legs; spiraling horns sought out the soft places in his neck and chin. Gada knew he was going to die--every fiber in his being, every last ounce of him knew it. He was hyperaware of his suffering. The hoofs were beating bruises into his flesh, his tendons were popping and tearing. To add insult to grievous injury, he could feel every single thorn from the brambles shredding his hide as he flailed. They tore his right side to shreds, breaking his feathers and gouging his skin until he could feel the warm pricks of blood welling there too.

The kalona had not let go once since its first attack, and now it was twisting and tugging its head, Gada's wing still clamped cruelly in its mouth. There was an agonizing shredding sensation--the worst pain Gada had ever felt, so far beyond what he had imagined possible--and with a sick wet sound, the pop of a joint coming free and and the snapping sound of bone breaking, the wing simply...came off.

There was a moment, a single perfect moment, where Gada twisted away from the kalona and saw it standing there with his wing in its mouth. It looked limp and foreign and wrong, like a dead bird in the mouth of a mountain cat. Brown and cream, mottled by red, showing a bit of startling white at the base, held in the mouth of a dark grey kalona with murder in its features.

But the moment passed almost as soon as it had begun, and Gada bugled his terror and rage and reared at the beast before him. As it spat out his wing, he caught it in the face with a hoof, sending it stumbling. He was the nightmare of hooves and snapping teeth now, the fear of death in turn burning all his other fears away. His commotion drew his herdmates out, and within moments there were hooves and beating wings everywhere.

The kalona vanished into the undergrowth, and that's when the new danger started. With the predator gone, the adrenaline flooded out of Gada. For the first time since the ordeal had begun, he felt the true nature of his wounds. He staggered a few feet and fell. Thorns from crushed vines dug into his side, but it was such a small hurt compared to everything else.

Such a small hurt.

And then he lost consciousness.

He awoke later to find that the worst of the pain was gone, replaced with a tingling coolness. A huge soquili bent over him, its muzzle lipping softly at his side.

Be calm, it said. I'm only trying to help.

Gada stared numbly up at it; too tired to lift his head, he rolled his one eye to get a better look. Four enormous wings blocked out the sky, a soft and silky glow emanating from them. An Angeni. She was beautiful, the color of the sky in the morning, and she was doing such wonderful things to his wounds.

He fell back asleep after that, but the image of that beautiful mare went with him, and it comforted him.

--

After that, things were different for Gada. He could no longer fly up to the roosts of his herd. For the time it took for his recovery, members would spend the night with him at ground level, but he could tell it spooked them.

They were hard time for him. He would forget, sometimes, that his wing was missing. He would run and beat his good wing, and for a brief second he would become airborne. But, inevitably, he would spin sharply out of control, his knees buckling under the crash, and go down. He had to become resigned to the fact that he was now land-based--permanently.

Eventually, he decided he could no longer burden his old herd. He was not whole, not sound of body like he once was. He could not fulfill the purpose he was supposed to have, and he was bringing down the herd. He left one day, with the most perfunctory of good byes, and that was that.

For a full set of seasons he wandered the earth. Many creatures commented on the nature of his injury, and eventually a weariness set in so that the questions didn't hurt like they once had.

He met a mare once, in a herd he traveled with for a short time, a grey sweetheart who reminded him of kindness. She looked past the ugly scar, past the sullen exterior, and found something he did not know he still possessed: the ability to be truly happy.

He became for her a land-based stallion, not a wounded wind. They raced along fields together, all four hooves off the ground at once, and even then he did not think about flying--he thought about running, running with her, the heady thick air close to the ground intoxicating him, letting him laugh as he ran in a way the thin air of the skies never would.

Those were the good times.

When he left that herd, she went with him. Not long after that, they found she was with foal. It was an exhilarating thought. Their children. Their children.

But as time passed, and the foals became baskets, a worry began to bore into his heart, dark and insidious as a parasite. He had come to terms with what he was--a broken thing, caught halfway between species. It had been a long, hard time before he was able to accept it. What if their children--their two foals, hiding innocently in their baskets--what if they inherited his injury? If they were wingless, like their mother, that would be one thing. But to have only one wing, to feel the stares of others upon them, to try to fly only to be thrown back to earth...? It was unbearable.

One day he heard gossip of a prophet, an Angeni, who had wandered into the area. It was like a gift from the gods themselves, his presence.

Gada snuck away from his sleeping mate one night, leaving her swaying protectively over their baskets. It worried at him, leaving them alone, but it was for the greater good, he thought.

The Angeni was...not exactly what he had been expecting. He was smaller, for one thing, and he did not glow like the memories Gada held so dear. But he spoke in a grand way, and his color was beautiful to behold, and--most importantly--he offered what Gada wanted most in all the world: hope.

So Gada offered up the only thing he had to spare: himself. His word and his breath, his body and his will. He would repay the Prophet a great boon for his blessing, and he need only say the word and it would be done.

And the golden Angeni told him that all would be well: his children would be whole and untarnished--whatever shape they took.

It was all Gada wanted, really.

He slunk home, feeling lighter than he had in weeks, and he laid his muzzle on his mate's withers, felt her peaceful breathing in her frame.

Things would be all right. He had faith.

Breeding

Things I'd like to see: With Pascallion: a reveal of the False Prophet--but not too soon. Gada is trusting, but also prides himself (obviously falsely) on being a good judge of character. His confusion at the looks of his son and his anger at being duped--especially by someone he had utmost faith in--will probably lead to an angry (possibly somewhat violent) outburst which is not in keeping with his general low-key demeanor. I'd love to see how that plays out with Pascallion, since he is already mistrustful of how people will react when they find out he's been conning them. Gada's reaction may in fact simply reinforce that assumption.

With Azazel: an attempt to reach out to his son. He has in innate fear and distrust of kalona-kind, but Azy's just a child and he hasn't been outright violent yet... Given the way the story develops, I can see Gada either trying to forge a relationship with a grey-areas Azy and accept him for what he is, eventually even maybe getting over the vast majority of his discomfort and stoically defending Azazel as he "defended" himself after his wing was torn off; or, otherwise, breaking all ties to a violent and corrupted Azazel and leaving. Basically, the more "kalona-like" Azazel's attitude, the more Gada will pull away.

With ???: OMG I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT POPS OUT.

With Dresden: He's going to be SUPER remorseful. He pretty much thinks this is entirely his fault right now, which would make him extremely easy to manipulate. Although he's bogged down with guilt, feelings of inadequacy, and love for his mate, though, he's not stupid. Lies can only go so far before he realizes things aren't adding up. I can't wait to see how this gets twisted around.

Things I wouldn't like to see: Dunno at the moment!

Plot one: N/A

Necrona

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:32 am
So now that everybody has their profiles up, shall we get to plotting?

First, I'd like to hammer something out with She-Ra. When exactly was Dresden abandoned? I've got her living with her mother for a few months, but in your entry, it was immediate. We should figure this out. It's kind of important that she remembers her mother, but she doesn't have to be around for any real length of time. With these guys, I think a few days is enough to form some pretty lasting memories. What do you think?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:04 am
I am flexible on the time of Dresden's abandonment. She could have stuck around for a few days, perhaps she got a bit injured fighting the stallion over the other foal and was forced to stick around long enough for Dresden to form memories of her. But no matter the reason we can say she stuck around for a few days before abandoning her.  

She-Ra of Etheria

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:48 am
I like the idea of injury; something like that might make her even more bitter towards the foal. So a few days after birth it is!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:15 am
Yeah I think injury works best as really that would be the only reason for her to stick around long enough for Dresden to remember her.  

She-Ra of Etheria

derivative

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:32 am
Woo hoo! Plotting time. <3 I would love to get RPs in with everyone, honestly. Maybe not all at once, because that would overwhelm me (I have RP obligations in other shops, so I can't get too many threads going anywhere...) but definitely one-on-one interaction with Azy and his family.

I really, really hope that Gada can be a calming influence on him, because from a personal stance, I hate the idea of black and white morality. I really hate to write it, too. I think the best evils are the ones who find themselves justified and have good traits and good qualities that are just pushed too far, and every good character should have flaws and selfish motivations, too. So as Azy grows I would like him to embody that; right now, he's at a stage where he's still too young to really be able to control his temper, but I'd love for his father to help him learn how to master that!

Given how many negative influences it seems like he'll have, he'll probably lean toward the darker side, but I would be really really sad if he couldn't make even an unsteady bond with his father and he ended up driven away. =( If we can, I think it would be cool to try to keep this group at least semi-together. So Azy is always going to be stubborn, possessive, and controlling, but this could be tempered a bit by a good influence... as well as exacerbated by bad ones.

I would love for him to have run-ins with his grandmother, especially because he resembles her so strongly. I might want to save this until after I have a little interaction with his parents, though, because I'd really rather try to keep Azy around the family as long as I can. A lot of things will fall into place for him when he sees Alti, but I don't want him to be quite vulnerable/gullible enough to just lap up what she says... so I'd love for him to have a bit of bonding time with Gada in so that he will take what she says and consider it, but not immediately believe it all. It'll confuse him, and that's what I want -- he's going to have some hard decisions growing up, I just want to try to avoid him becoming completely evil or completely turning his back on his evil tendencies.

Interaction with Mom would also be awesome! Having his confidence bolstered and being assured that he is strong, capable and not a freak would be really great for him to hear. Also, one-on-one time with her so that she can try to mold him how she likes, too, would play into his whole confusion-about-life-and-his-future thing, so if you're game for that, I am too.

As for the baby, he will cart it around almost everywhere and talk to it a lot. xD So the baby will probably be used to hearing its voice by the time it pops; he probably spends half his time complaining to it and the other half reassuring it that he will teach it everything it needs to know and it'll grow up big and strong like him.

I'd love for him to meet Pasc, too, just so he can be grumpyfaced and resentful toward him. He is still just a child so he's going to be rude and kind of bratty about any sort of interaction, but I'd be interested to see where it would go. * u*

And I'm open for others' ideas!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:52 am
I'm really up for pretty much anything *u*

Pascal will want to meet with the lil' family, to see what in the hell is going on, and maybe Dresden either before or after that. The whole figuring each other out thing will be interesting and he wouldn't want her to give away his secret.

Rainhowl

Tipsy Prophet

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:13 pm
I think it might be really interesting if he meets Dres before meeting the family. She could be sneaking a peek at him, trying to see what makes him tick... maybe she could catch him with his second set of wings off... and she wouldn't tell him that she was the mother of the kalona he blessed. It'd be interesting for her to have the upper hand for a while, before he sees the family together and puts two and two together and gets four.

Actually, I really wanna sorta plot that. Want to start something, Aurrie? AIM RP will work.

Oh! AIM addresses! I'm wrathlet on AIM and cm_p_vitticeps on YIM. I really love IM RP, so feel free to add me! Just tell me who you are (if it's not evident from your username).  
Chat and Plot Zone

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff