Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
Any advice on reading my bible more?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Her-Infernal-Sentinal

5,850 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:12 am
I am really lazy and I want to read my bible any tips or advice on how to force me to read the word more?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:17 am
Forced? You shouldn't be feeling a need to be forced...  

Azkeel

Her-Infernal-Sentinal

5,850 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:16 am
Azkeel
Forced? You shouldn't be feeling a need to be forced...

Well I wanna read it I'm not being forced but I wanna force my self not to be lazy  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:21 am
Well, we are instructed to not be lazy, it's a sin. And also the outcome from laziness isn't very good.
❝The desire of the lazy man kills him, for his hands refuse to labor. He covets greedily all day long ...❞ Pro 21:25-26
The importance of reading the Bible is beyond what I can say. It's our guide and manual to life. The more you read the Bible, the more you understand God and His Ways and with more knowledge of God the closer your relationship with Him can be. It also becomes easier to know what is morally right and wrong and helps you grew in wisdom.
❝This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.❞ Joshua 1:8
Here are a couple tips to use when reading the Bible.
1. Pray about it. God will help you. (also I'll pray for you ^-^)
2. Plan a time when you won't be distracted.
3. Take your time when reading the Bible, even reread and research anything you don't understand. It also helps to take notes and talk about what you have read.
Hope this helps you! =]

pinkglittergirl2

Sparkly Shapeshifter

11,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:55 am
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

start off in small doses. I know for me when I first started to read the bible I had a hard time keeping focused and it felt like I had to force myself to do it.

Also read books of the bible that appeal to you most, first. That way it will keep your interest more. Are you the type to write notes or journal? Maybe write down scripture that you find encouraging or that just stick out to you. Make it fun for yourself.

prayer is a big one as well, always pray that God will lead you before you open your bible. Thank the Lord afterward and ask that what ever knowledge you read be accepted into your heart and mind.

Try a study bible in the version that you like most. I like reading the interesting things that those have to say. It helps make it fun for me and I really enjoy reading my bible now.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:29 pm
faithful quenga
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

start off in small doses. I know for me when I first started to read the bible I had a hard time keeping focused and it felt like I had to force myself to do it.

Also read books of the bible that appeal to you most, first. That way it will keep your interest more. Are you the type to write notes or journal? Maybe write down scripture that you find encouraging or that just stick out to you. Make it fun for yourself.

prayer is a big one as well, always pray that God will lead you before you open your bible. Thank the Lord afterward and ask that what ever knowledge you read be accepted into your heart and mind.

Try a study bible in the version that you like most. I like reading the interesting things that those have to say. It helps make it fun for me and I really enjoy reading my bible now.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

OH good Idea and yes I love taking down notes especially on sticky notes there so pretty. And thanks smile that helps a lot  

Her-Infernal-Sentinal

5,850 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Saint Crazy The Follower

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:00 pm
Think of the Bible as a really really long love letter, from God to us. It's not a homework assignment, just something to remind of all the ways and how much God loves us, and what He wants us to do about it. It's important for us to read it since we don't always have the chance or take the time to listen to God's voice; having His will in writing is very very useful.

If you have a favorite verse or story, I suggest finding it first, then looking a little deeper and reading a little farther. Maybe you'll find something about it you haven't known before.

If there's something weighing on your mind, maybe a personal problem or something you've been wondering about, try looking it up. Some bibles have topic indexes in the back, or you can go online (I like BibleGateway.com) and search for a few keywords and see what you find.

And of course, if you're still not sure, just open it up to a random page and start reading! I still do this from time to time. biggrin

Good luck!  
Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff