Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply MoM Level 2 - Department of Magical Law Enforcement
The Auror Office Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:35 am
User Image

E V E L Y NxxxJ A C O B S

AURORxxxxxxSLYTHERINxALUMNAxxxxxxPUREBLOOD

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

There was a certain sense of satisfaction when one was finishing the after-mission paperwork, Eve knew. Sure, she usually grew bored quickly but the first few days after let her wind down and relax, especially after stressful missions, and finishing the paperwork was just the icing on the cake. The last couple of weeks however, were far from relaxing. Take it easy, they said, she seethed internally, you'll stress too much, they said; I'm pregnant not delicate! She held back an irritated snort; ever since they news broke a few weeks ago, too many people started treating as if she was made of glass, especially on missions and for the past few days, she'd been stuck on desk duty. It could be worse, she chanted; it could be worse but goddammit she was bored.

She was about to attack her next stack when she heard the characteristic 'pop' of apparition and Matteo took his seat at his desk next to her's, sighing and muttering something in what she guessed was Swedish. Eve felt a pang of sympathy for him, she heard of his most recent catch and she didn't envy him at all; nothing was more annoying than the arrogant, stuck-up 'pureblood' criminals who always did their absolute best to make the lives of aurors miserable. "That twit of yours finally got locked away?" she asked Matteo sympathetically; he definitely looked a few minutes away from blowing up at something, or someone.

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                  ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                                  a txxthe Auror Officexxxxxw i t hxxMatteo Eriksson-Eide
                                                                  f e e l i n gxxexasperatedxxxxxw e a r i n gxxcasual

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                              ━━━━
                                                              Sorry for the delay, got side-tracked sweatdrop

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:44 am
User Image
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXΜλττεσ Ƭσгsτεπ Σгικssσπ-Σιdε
AurorRavenclaw AlumniMugglebornspxace

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

xx Feels like I'm waking from the dead and everyone's been waiting on me
                                                  xx At least now I'll never have to wonder what it's like to sleep a year away
                                                  xx But were we indestructible? I thought that we could brave it all
                                                  xx I never thought that what would take me out was hiding down below

Matteo was debating whether he should use a quill or a pen, as he usually had no problem to them. Well, to be fair, Matteo was so used in using pens and only used quills at exams back in school because you know, it was required. Quills weren't that bad, aside from the pain of having to dip it again and again to the inkwell, and that was probably why he rarely used them. Who the hell still used Quills, anyway? Well sure, probably 75% of the Wizarding population but seriously, it was the twenty-first goddamn century! But you know what? Whatever, Matteo could maybe write something with a calligraphy pen and tell them to suck it up if they didn't like it. Picking up his fountain pen, he was going to do his paperwork when his workmate Evelyn piped in only to ask if he finally caught the twit. He shut his eyes and was very tempted to say something very dry and sarcastic, but he decided to watch his own manners at the last second; He didn't think someone like his friend deserved to hear that.

Looking at his friend, he sighed and finally replied, "Yeah, that case has been a pain in my a**. That twit just called me a 'teeny teenager' just because he's as tall as my six-foot brother and I told him, 'Well, such shame that someone shorter than you caught you redhanded'" He rolled his eyes and added, "And really? Who calls themselves rich when they steal? It's really dumb, if you ask me-- " And then he remembered: Right, politicians. Of course, some shitheads taxed the living shite out of people and suddenly their euros went up as high as the Tokyo Tower. Assholes. Shaking his head, he realized he had been talking too much. But for real, that case has been tempting him to kick something hard with his left leg, even if that one was prosthetic but he wouldn't honestly care. He ran his inked fingers through his hair and sighed, "Sorry 'bout that, I must've talked too much right there, yeah?" He didn't have an excuse for him doing so, but then excuses were like s**t: Everybody has them and they're terrible. "Anyway, how're you? I heard you're in desk duty recently? Why's that?" And yes, he considered it strange considering how Eve, in his opinion, tend to be active in missions. Wait, had he been not caught up with some things? Sheesh, what a disappointment in him as he usually saw himself as having good hearing. Maybe his work and responsibilities (including *cough*Austmar*cough*) had been wearing him out.

Wish I could find a crystal ball for the days I feel completely worthless xx
                                                  You know I'd use it all for good, I would not take it for granted xx
                                                  Instead, I have some memories for the days I don't feel anything xx
                                                  At the least, they will remind me not to make the same mistakes again xx

ᴡɪᴛʜ [Evelyn] ᴀᴛ [the office]

ЅιπɢlεΔττιгεƬнεϻε Ѕσπɢ

< Out.Of.Cases >

oyehh

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:29 pm
User Image

Matteo took a moment but he replied, ranting about the prisoner and his jabs about his height and Eve couldn't help but chuckle. "That's what happens when they get caught, lose all imagination and get desperate." She nodded when he mentioned the wealth of the criminals; she understood being desperate and having no other options but otherwise? Not at all. "Depends on what they're stealing but many think that they can buy their way out of Azkaban." A stupid thought in Eve's opinion but idiots always exist. "And don't worry about that, frustrating cases do that that to you," she smiled at Matteo when he apologised for his rant. Just complaining about things helped a lot, Eve knew.

When he asked about her recent grounding, Eve had to sigh; even thinking about it made her want to hex something. "I'm alright," she told him, before continuing. "Truth is, I'm pregnant," she blurted out, rubbing the bak of her neck. "And because I'm oh so delicate," she rolled her eyes at this, "I shouldn't stress myself too much with fieldwork." She sighed after her outburst, she shouldn't be unloading her problems on Matteo and deep down, she knew they were right, but that didn't mean she had to like it. And she couldn't feel any resentment about her situation (other's reactions was a different matter) because she had been wanting another kid; she just didn't expect one. "Merlin, sorry about that Matteo," she said, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Guess they're right about too much paperwork driving us mad," she joked.

o o c
                                                              ━━━━
                                                              - - - - - - - - - -

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:20 am
User Image
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXΜλττεσ Ƭσгsτεπ Σгικssσπ-Σιdε
AurorRavenclaw AlumniMugglebornspxace

xx Feels like I'm waking from the dead and everyone's been waiting on me
                                                  xx At least now I'll never have to wonder what it's like to sleep a year away
                                                  xx But were we indestructible? I thought that we could brave it all
                                                  xx I never thought that what would take me out was hiding down below

Matteo shrugged when she reasoned that it must be because of desperation that people tend to lose imagination when getting caught, as it could be a reason why but the insults could have been worse. "Could be worse" He said, "Though I would be surprised if he called me a mudblood considering he's actually a half-blood, at least that's what the Witch Watcher said." He chuckled and shook his head thinking that it would be a total contrary if someone called him that. He rolled his eyes when she said about people thinking they could buy their way out from Azkaban, "Psh, that is a myth. I don't even believe that old rumor about some guy named Maximillian Chaisty getting out of Azkaban because his family paid something to the Ministry, he only got out for a while 'cause they were lucky about some lawsuit s**t" Hell, he even heard that the bloke had his a** handed to Azkaban again with some old couple for having some house elf corpses (which is, gross) and some Dark Artefacts, yet they still called themselves Slytherins... Matteo was pretty sure they lacked some cunning, at one point. How very unfortunate.

The young auror stared at her when Eve said that she was pregnant. Wait, how come he had not heard of this? And he could not just say 'What?' because he heard it fine and clear, it just took time for him to let it sink in, "Oh... Um, congratulations?" He looked bemused when she seemed to complain about people thinking she was delicate, he could tell that she was being petty for being doted around but he thought that was something logical the mates would do. "Well, to be fair, stress wasn't that great for babies so that could be why people had to go easy on you. And well, I kind of feel you; When I came back here after getting injured during the Hogsmeade incident, people at first went easy on me thinking I might die or whatever." He shrugged, besides, Anika and Marina were the two people in this office who went with pregancy, after all. Also, Matteo did become a bit petty towards some of his mates when he came back because Jesus Christ, they just could not let him do this job properly like serious, he wasn't a f*cking Hit Wizard. If he were, then that would be the time he would let people worry about; But he's a Auror, he wasn't that stupid to make his mortality rate drop. He only lost a leg, not his f*cking head. "And don't worry about me, I would rather do this than getting another consecutive headache, to be candid."

Wish I could find a crystal ball for the days I feel completely worthless xx
                                                  You know I'd use it all for good, I would not take it for granted xx
                                                  Instead, I have some memories for the days I don't feel anything xx
                                                  At the least, they will remind me not to make the same mistakes again xx

ᴡɪᴛʜ [Evelyn] ᴀᴛ [the office]

ЅιπɢlεΔττιгεƬнεϻε Ѕσπɢ

< Out.Of.Cases >

oyehh

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:39 am
User Image

Eve nodded when Matteo said the insults could be worse. "True, but either way it doesn't excuse their lack of creativity," she said. She hummed thoughtfully when he mentioned Chaisty, she'd heard about that even though she hadn't worked on that case personally. "We know that, but they don't, unfortunately. Seeing they faces when they don't get off free even after attempting bribes would be funny if it wasn't so annoying." Eve wondered what went through their heads; it was hard to believe people that conceited and oblivious existed but they did.

Eve smiled when Matteo awkwardly congratulated her after a short silence. "Thanks, it was a surprise, but not a bad one." She sighed, Matteo also thought she was being petty and she couldn't blame him; she was. She felt a flash of guilt when he mentioned his own lack of a leg before she pushed it down. One of the reasons she joined the Auror corps was to protect her fellow jurors and every injury felt like a failure but if she let it affect her each time, she wouldn't be able to do her job. "I know they mean well, and they are right. I'm just being stubborn," she smiled self-deprecatingly. Eve knew she shouldn't be so annoyed when they meant well but she couldn't help herself. That's not an excuse though. She laughed outright at Matteo's statement, "I can understand, but personally I'd prefer dealing with the idiots in person rather than the paper. How're your brothers by the way? Still driving you up the wall?"

o o c
                                                              ━━━━
                                                              I'm really sorry about the delay Julian, I got a bit busy with RL crying

Jade Galaksylph

MoM Level 2 - Department of Magical Law Enforcement

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces