Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
The Afterlife

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:21 pm
Everyone has different concepts on it, and how you would feel in it. Some don't think about it, and others don't believe in an afterlife. What do you think the afterlife is like? Do you believe in it? Tell me in detail of every belief you have of the afterlife please.

I personally believe the afterlife is what you want it to be. I will tell with more detail if some other people here inspire me to write my full beliefs about it c:  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:26 pm
It depends on what Afterlife we're talking about.
If it's Heaven and Hell stuff, then yes, I believe it.
If it's floating me down the river in toliet paper and in a sercophagus, along with all my stuff, no. xD

I dunno, as I never really think about it. Because when I think too hard, my brain goes pooey and I get depressed. :c

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:35 pm
I mean the entire afterlife. Heaven and hell what you think about both of em, and how they are  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:02 pm
Since I cannot post it so eloquently and be able to post my thoughts in a comprehendle way, I will just post some references as to how I view Heaven and Hell.

Heaven 1

Heaven 2

Hell

Life after death

The Final Judgement

Hope these links clear up my stand points. Any questions, feel free to ask!  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:49 pm
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

I believe in Heaven and Hell

If you love the lord and accept him as your savior, you will go to heaven
if you deny God and don't accept him you go to hell.

Simple yet powerful and I don't think too much about what heaven will be like or what hell is like. I know heaven will be bliss I don't know what it will look like but it won't matter because I will be with God.

Hell is a horrible place to me I picture it as a black hole, a void, a senseless place where there is complete absence of the Lord. To me that sounds pretty wicked and scary. But I know I will not end up there because I believe in the Lord my God and he is my Savior.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 am
faithful quenga
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

I believe in Heaven and Hell

If you love the lord and accept him as your savior, you will go to heaven
if you deny God and don't accept him you go to hell.

Simple yet powerful and I don't think too much about what heaven will be like or what hell is like. I know heaven will be bliss I don't know what it will look like but it won't matter because I will be with God.

Hell is a horrible place to me I picture it as a black hole, a void, a senseless place where there is complete absence of the Lord. To me that sounds pretty wicked and scary. But I know I will not end up there because I believe in the Lord my God and he is my Savior.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

In the bible it says that heaven has streets of gold and Hell is a prison where your tormented by demons and your stuck there forever and you live in fear. There complete opposites and God will choose which one we go to.
and yes I agree with you. about how god judges  

Cha cha miku

Avioke

Conservative Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:03 pm
Heaven. AH, I love this subject, truly.

I believe the same about how God judges as you, faithful quenga.

I do not know what Heaven and Hell will looked like, honestly. I have heard many things and many stories, and I have decided that I don't care about knowing about it in this life. When God takes me home, I will know, and I am content with that. All I know is there must be bacon. xD

My mother argues with this, saying that there is no death in heaven, and therefore no meat. I say, plants are alive as well, so there will be nothing. I know, we won't need food. But surely we can still have it if we so wish? Someone snaps and there's a plate of steak in front of me?

There will be no more need to kill an animal to sustain ourself? These are just guesses, things that no one can answer, unless it says something about it in the Bible, which I am beginning to read again. I did not get far last time I tried, a few years ago. D:

When reading the following, do not think that I am suicidal--I am nowhere near. Suicide is a sin, as I well know.

I cannot wait to die. Let me explain a little more.

Just the other day, I was roleplaying. Now, I know that these are just characters, but it made me sad because so many people are like that in real life. They were partying and drinking and smoking. Guys were taking advantage of girls or girls were willingly giving themselves out to any guy. And the narrations and the explanations of the character's thoughts were so messed up and so horrible. My characters, of course, were not taking part in any of this. In fact, I am prouder of the post of one of my characters during this point in time of the roleplay than I have been about any post of any character in my entire life. My characters is a Christian, and oh I did express her [my] thoughts. I just dared them to kick me out.

But anyway, it made me so angry and so sad. That night, I was sobbing [and listening to depressing/beautiful music] as I thought about the horrible state of the world. I am... well, I am harsh, so I was thinking how stupid these people all are. I'm not condemning them to Hell, I'm just...

Well, I'm a female, and females are supposed to be the comforting sort, the ones with advice. I'm strong-willed and completely without doubt in my Faith, and therefore I'm a bit astonished when it comes to the stupidity of other people. I don't understand how someone can doubt, I don't understand how people can act so stupidly, and I don't care at all if they know it. I am not the soft-touch person that helps people in the most delicate way possible, I tend to just want to smack idiots into reality instead. xD

So I get angry about it. Easily. I say countless times 'God, take me now.' I honestly would not mind if someone came and shot me in the back of the head as I write this now. If I had three months to live, sure I'd be scared and sad, but I'd also be relieved. And when I got up to Heaven, I would look and shout 'AHA, SUCKERS.'

I've run out of time, but I have no doubt that Heaven will be the most wonderful thing... I cannot even imagine the peace I will feel and the happiness. There will be no tears, no sadness, no anger. Heaven will be perfect. And I'm getting a bit impatient. I think about Heaven so often. I'm not afraid to die. I'm not even afraid to feel pain before I die. Torture? Whatever. Pain for that amount of time hardly matters when I get to spend the eternity with God after it. Bring it ON.

xD I'm sorry, I'm a bit tired, so this is all over the place and... well, poorly worded.

Bible and other christian discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games