Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
I has question.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:30 pm
User Image

Am I not truly a Christian now? O-O"

I saw somewhere, some verse in Titus... What was it...
Titus 1:16 - "They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good."

I screw up A LOT and I mean a lot.
But I pray and go to church, and I read the Bible and I do believe in him...
All of my doubts are going away. I also ask for forgiveness too and i ask God to help me be a better person and to help me with my issues.

But i keep having that rage issue and I just screw up a lot.
My Main thing is saying GD and my anger.

i don't have violent outbursts anymore but it is still in my head, when I see people that i don't really like I get that rush of anger, and I'll say really mean things in my head.
I hate doing that and I don't want to do it anymore.
I know that it isn't Christ like.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:33 pm
Personally I think everyone has their own way of being "one" with Him, so just by one verse saying "they" I don't exactly think it means you. Everyone was made their own special way. God probably made you angry nature for a reason.  

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200

xMockingJay

5,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:38 pm
As long as you are working on improving on these things, then I believe there is nothing wrong. If you work hard (but don't kill yourself) to improve, and to become more Christ-like, then I believe God will forgive you. Eventually, you will overcome this problem.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:40 pm
Quote:
To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

“But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

“I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Luke 18:9-14 NIV

Truth is, all of us are just as unrighteous as you are. Just because our sins are different doesn't make us, or anyone else, any better than another. None of us are worthy to be called righteous.

All we can do is try our hardest to be more like Christ, and ask for his forgiveness and mercy. And he will provide for us.  

Saint Crazy The Follower

Hidden By Music

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:49 pm
Nobody is perfect. I can say I've had my share of mistakes that I'm not proud of, and God probably wasn't too happy either. But if you pray for His forgiveness, he will forgive you. As long as you keep working on improving those things, you'll feel better. And if you believe that there is a God and Jesus died for our sins, then, in my beliefs, you are christian.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:33 pm
You sound Christian to me, you have the exact same problem I had(well I still get it sometimes but not as much as I used to mrgreen ) I used to freak out and wounder "am I Christian, am I Christian" because I would always fail at my repentance, and I started emailing this one guy from illbehonest and he told me alot of stuff but I'll skip to the point, what saves your repentance or the perfect and finished work of Christ? I'll tell you this much nothing you do will ever save you, you can't buy your way into heaven, it's a free gift! mrgreen my friend you are saved by faith and not even the size of your faith matters because it's all about Christ and nothing about salvation has anything to do with you or(and) your performance. God saves men who repent not men who repent perfectly, otherwise we would all be in Hell because aint no one perfect right? DO NOT however use faith as an excuse to sin for it is not a liscence to sin, you must repent and keep repenting until you die.
Luke 13:3 and Luke 13:5 both say the same thing;
I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.

Romans 6:15
What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? By no means!

Romans 4:5
And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

Isaiah 64:6
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Matthew 11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 3:28
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Watch these they help out alot mrgreen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzMId-VgdAM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeEnEXPBQTM&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpDD6_Zo0Js

if you have more doubts fill out this form http://illbehonest.com/behonest and send it in but if they don't respond to you within a week just contact them on their contact page and they should respond the next day. Hopefully this helps and makes sense because I'm bad at explaining but if you don't quite get it tell me and I'll try to clarify or if you just have some question you can ask me that too mrgreen  

starry night-163

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:58 pm
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

As long as you believe in your heart the Christ is Lord and that he is your savior then you're a christian.

I mess up constantly, I try not to and even when I think I'm doing well and getting better God shows me just how much more I need to grow. As long as we are ever mindful of our actions and do our personal best to be more like Christ then that's all that matters.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:04 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

My Pastor (I think it was my Pastor sweatdrop ) said a few years ago that there is a difference to sinning and being a sinner. We all were sinners but when we repented and came to be saved then reborn in Christ we were cleansed of all that. But just because we have accepted Christ into our lives, that does not make us suddenly perfect, not in the least bit. We are all still humans, our DNA hasn't changed at all, so we will still occasionally fall into sin, the thing that separates us sinning from the sinners is that we realize our wrong, repent of it, ask for forgiveness of it, ask for help on never doing it again, and truly try to strive to be better Christians/followers of Christ, while the sinners just continue on in their sins.  

Because grey will not do.

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

St Tamminominay

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:52 pm
Change is the law of life.

Don't Worry I get outbursts a lot too sweatdrop

Also, when bad things happen to my family,

I blame God for it, start swearing, and go bananas everywhere.

But, at the end, I go to confession and I feel like a new person :]

And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:12 pm
Testicular Diabetes
User Image

Am I not truly a Christian now? O-O"

I saw somewhere, some verse in Titus... What was it...
Titus 1:16 - "They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good."

I screw up A LOT and I mean a lot.
But I pray and go to church, and I read the Bible and I do believe in him...
All of my doubts are going away. I also ask for forgiveness too and i ask God to help me be a better person and to help me with my issues.

But i keep having that rage issue and I just screw up a lot.
My Main thing is saying GD and my anger.

i don't have violent outbursts anymore but it is still in my head, when I see people that i don't really like I get that rush of anger, and I'll say really mean things in my head.
I hate doing that and I don't want to do it anymore.
I know that it isn't Christ like.

User Image

Aw no, this is just Sin. Anger happens but as we continue to pray and ask for forgiveness and patiently deal with ourselves God will help us. Our parish priest told me and my father if strange feelings or thoughts persist. -Cast them out in the name of Jesus Christ. His name is holy and powerful.

I’m proud of you! Keep praying for strength and forgiveness. We won’t be Saints over to night but to be a saint you have to try to be Christ like everyday  

WhitneyWynterheim

Girl-Crazy Lovergirl

15,915 Points
  • Chocolate Champion: Sundae! 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:49 pm
Trying to fit into a title is not what gives you salvation.
If you think you are doing what is right in God's eyes then you don't really need anyone else's approval of whether you are this or that.

If you think your anger is a issue and that it is getting in the way of you and God, then I'd suggest you work on it. Put yourselves in someone Else's shoes. What if you were the person you are getting mad at? Why did that person act the way she/he did? Most of the time we get angry at things that we can't understand. You never know what goes on inside someone's head/life until you ask. Sometimes people have really good reason other times people are just ignorant and stubborn.
Most importantly ask God to help you get rid of that.
Anger can be really devastating for those around you and most importantly yourself. I say this because I have dealt with people who are just like that. They'll get angry for the slightest thing even if that wasn't any motive for anger. It really puts a strain on relationships and the only person that is most affected by it is you.
I'm not saying that it is wrong to get mad. I get mad as well sometimes, but learning how to control your anger is key. Sometimes you have to take in big breathes and just let it go. Whenever you feel like the temperature's rising just stop, ask God to help you deal with the situation, and remember that whether that person is right or wrong we are all allowed to make mistakes sometimes.
;]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:36 pm
Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Isaiah 53:5 - But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him, and by His wounds we are healed.

Psalm 103:12 - As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.

No one is perfect except the Lord. We all make mistakes. But God has brought us into His loving arms and forgiven us our sins.  

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:12 am
This scripture means, people who claim to know God and have a personal relationship with Him, but would rather live for the world, by their actions, and would rather walk their way, and not Gods.  
Bible and other christian discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games