Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Prayer requests
Please Pray For Her....(UPDATE!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:34 am
My sister, Sarah, is twenty years old. She hasn't exactly been 'right' as you might put it, and she's broke down emotionally a lot, but now she's really starting to....lose it. I don't mean to sound mean when I say this. I'm scared for her.

Last night, she said she saw a leprachan out of the corner of her eye watching her, and that she had a conversation with it. We all had a laugh about it, but I thought she was just joking. I don't think she was....

And now these 'hulicinations' are out of control. She can't eat, sleep, or even go about her day. It's just making her go crazy. Apparently, even her mattress began breathing.

Please pray that whatever this is, it will be worked out, and that Sarah will be safe. She even said it's irritating her so much she'd prefer to die. And she's done many crazy things that have almost killed her before. Once she even took an overdose on pills. We never found out if it was on purpose.

I'm sorry, but I'm just so worried. She may be insane, but I love her and if anything happened to her....v.v

UPDATE(January 26, 2011 11:21AM-January 26, 2011 11:30AM)::
Sarah's out of Rockford, and she seems to be doing very well. I think all your prayers helped, and I thank you for doing so : )
However, I'm overhearing my mom talk to my brother about Sarah's....problems. Apparently, my brother believes Sarah thinks that if she doesn't sleep, then something bad'll happen. Because at night, all these 'spirit' things are at their height.
According to him(and he's probably the one who understands Sarah best in my family)she thought when her friend Sammie died in a car accident was the start of, say, the appocolips(which I definetly misspelled). But she's calmed down about that.
If you're wondering, I think the hullucinations came from her lack of sleep. She has some sort of insomia. Plus, she has so many energy drinks before bed....

And now I just heard that she experiences much before she was even 13. Her friend in elementry school died of drug overdose, because his brother left, like, a needle out. Sarah asked my mom if she could stay after school to do something, when really she went to his funeral. :/ I guess he poked his finger on it or something....
At least a lot of things she's getting out to her docter and councler....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:45 am
(Whoops, think I put it in the wrong sub-forum o3o)

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:56 am
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

She really needs to talk to a psychiatrist, psychologist, or therapist and really explain that to someone. She needs the correct help and if needed, the right medication to help her.

She may end up in a hospital for a time, but I can speak for my family and say when my husband went into the hospital it was for the better. We faced many hard times before things got better, but God used that time to get my husband the helped he truly needed.

I will pray for your sister and your family. I know how hard it can be to deal with the sickness of paranoia, major depression, and hearing voices.

...Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:10 am
Thank you. She sees a psychiatrist(and believe me, seeing one helps her a lot more then it does me....)and it might just be side effects from all the medicine she takes, but slowly her mind....might be slipping for real.

As I've stated, she's had many breakdowns before and ended up in a hospital called Rockford, but she hates that place and it helps her for a little while before just....failing. I know for a fact she's had some hullucinations before, but they were just little and like, 'oh, I thought I saw a cat behind me'. And she hears voices. I know that too. She's just a big mess. :[

Another thing....I really doubt Sarah believes in God. She just....doesn't respect him. Like, she curses a bunch, and she also sometimes will use his name in vain. I hope that someday she'll follow him, but for now....

But aside from all the crazyness, Sarah is a very nice, sweet person, and I love her for that. She has a good heart, just bad ways of expressing her anger and stuff....I hope she sees the light, I really do. Maybe after all this is through?

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

Azkeel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:27 pm
Has her personality changed?

Almost sounds like she's under attack... Does she use recreational drugs?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:29 pm
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

Paranoia, hallucinations, schizophrenia, and other issues do not go away on their own normally. Medication is needed and often times finding the right kind of medication is VERY hard.

My husband was put on a bunch of different meds and they just messed him up worse. sometimes the wrong meds can make your symptoms worse than they would be on their own.

Has your sister ever had a problem with drug use, marijuana, alcohol, or heavier things?

How old is your sister? Does your sister understand that she truly has a problem with these things? Has your sister ever made up things to get attention?

Do you try to share God with her as much as you can? Not forcing it down her throat, but showing her that a transformed life through Christ is possible. He can set us free from our problems and sicknesses.

Please keep in mind, I am in no way trying to belittle your sister's issues. I am just merely asking questions to get to understand it a bit better.

...Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:29 pm
No, but she's like screaming and it's scary and upsetting to watch her like that. My mom took her to Rockford, so maybe she'll be a little better. D:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:35 pm
I'm personally against psych's and try to resolve things on the spiritual level. I've been a witness to demon activity in people close to me and I've witnessed the same demons get cast away through the power of our Lord. (I've been used to deal with these problems) It takes some faith on both parties though. Like for example the demons left when I was around and the problems were resolved but when I left they came back after ahwile due to the persons actions. I think the main problem was the person thought of me as the one that cast them out when it was just God doing all the work and I was just being used.

Is there a weird feeling in her place of residence?

(I take complete spiritual stances on this. But the attempted suicide part means she deffinetly most likely needs to be under constant monitoring if need be medical monitoring. At least untill it's resolved.)  

Azkeel

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:42 pm
@Faith:
Honestly, and I'm ashamed to say it, but I try to stay out of her life. It's just...too insane for me. One minute she's happy, the next I hear her crying. Or laughing. Not sure. They seriously both sound the same.
And I'm a little anti-social and shy, so I never am really the one to bring up...well....anything, in fear of offending someone.

The only thing I know she's made up on purpose is 'accidently' dropping her phone in the toliet so she would be able to get a new one =.=
Today she really didn't seem like she was making it up. I could just tell this was all really going on in her head.

@Azkeel:
All I know is that she told me that when she was 13, she used an Ouja Board or however you spell it. That definetly did not help. And when I shared a room with her, I'd often wake up in the night and think I was seeing something. Whenever you're in there it feels like you're being watched. During a night I woke up and could swear that my vision was blocked by what looked like a scene from an old movie. Horses running with men on their back, in black and white. Sometimes I wonder if I was dreaming, but....
I don't think Sarah herself has demons in her, or whatever you're saying(sorry, didn't really understand it... sweatdrop ). I can't explain it, but I think I would be able to tell if she did.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:50 pm
Not in her but around her it seems. When did these problems start? (If it's around the age of 13 x.x)  

Azkeel

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:53 pm
Not sure. I'm younger then her by a lot. How much I will not say, because both Gaia and meh parents forbid me to give out personal information.
For all my memory is worth, she could have said it was 15 ._.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:56 pm
That is awful. I will pray for her. That must be so hard for you, she must get all the attention. I know how you feel, my brother has autism.  

Hidden By Music

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:00 pm
@Christy: Actually, I don't have a problem with being ignored blaugh
I'm anti-social.
I have enough people to talk to. Six other people in da house xp
Wonder why I go to a therapist?
Was to find out why every now and then I feel like entire crap, but now it's just to find out why the heck I'm so anti-social :3 Maybe I have a fear of leaving home?

And anyhow, I thank you. I'll pray for your brother as well. It's hard on me because I hate to see her suffer, even if she is loony D:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:26 pm
All I can say is believe God will sort this out for you. I hope she gets better, and I will pray.  

Secret_lillies

Desirable Genius

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:30 am
Sarah's out of Rockford, and she seems to be doing very well. I think all your prayers helped, and I thank you for doing so : )
However, I'm overhearing my mom talk to my brother about Sarah's....problems. Apparently, my brother believes Sarah thinks that if she doesn't sleep, then something bad'll happen. Because at night, all these 'spirit' things are at their height.
According to him(and he's probably the one who understands Sarah best in my family)she thought when her friend Sammie died in a car accident was the start of, say, the appocolips(which I definetly misspelled). But she's calmed down about that.
If you're wondering, I think the hullucinations came from her lack of sleep. She has some sort of insomia. Plus, she has so many energy drinks before bed....

And now I just heard that she experiences much before she was even 13. Her friend in elementry school died of drug overdose, because his brother left, like, a needle out. Sarah asked my mom if she could stay after school to do something, when really she went to his funeral. :/ I guess he poked his finger on it or something....
At least a lot of things she's getting out to her docter and councler....

Prayer requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games