Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Boathouse Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 51 52 53 54 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:55 pm
The Boathouse

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"The Boathouse is an underground harbour at Hogwarts where the boats are stored and where they dock when the first years arrive at Hogwarts Castle.

There (are) only three entrances to this building: The path outside The Quad, the stairs going down from the Entrance Courtyard and the Lake."

Students are welcome here, but there isn't much to see.

Incoming first-years get off their boats here, after making the journey across the Black Lake.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:25 am
♧3lean0r Duke♧
♧Care of Magical Creatures & Groundkeeper♧

User Image

Eleanor stored her boat outside the boathouse. She hopped off the boat onto the stone ground beneath her, waiting for first years to do the same and go into a single file.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:26 am
William RadcliffeUser Image

Will climbed off the boat and held his hand out for Alys to get out of the boat. "Transfiguration like that is dangerous though. You could permanently damage someone like that. Then they'd wind up at St. Mungo's and it's not pretty there." He paused, and looked at her. "St. Mungo's is a Wizard hospital."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:28 am
User ImageAlys 'Eel' Kayln Abrams

The little boats came to a stop underneath the schools. Grabbing Will's hand,she clambered out of the boat. "Yeah,I know. I spent a while reading about this stuff in Flourish and Blotts." Her feet finally on solid gowned,she smiled.

Llamapocalypse

Amateur Millionaire

20,275 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:32 am

Once he helped her out of the boat, he took her hand and led her towards Eleanor Duke, their guide. "So, you're excited for Transfiguration, Charms and Potions. I'm looking forward to them too. Mostly Potions and Defense though. My entire family is stupid good at Potions for some reason. Well, dad is cause he's an Auror. Mum, not so much actually."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:37 am
User Image

CAMILLE CALDWELLFIRST YEAR
Camille let out a long sigh of relief when they had reached the boathouse. She scrambled out of the wooden boat and shuddered as she felt the cold stone earth beneath her feet. "Well, that's comforting." Camille mumbled quietly, distracting herself from the low temperatures by lining up behind Professor Duke.  

Porcelaine Ivory

BunnyxAngel

2,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:37 am
User Image
Angela Spark

Angela got out of the boat and lined up, just the same as the groundskeeper. She thought Jane would store it okay, and the other girl. She had been so nervous about what house she would be in, she didn't remember about the book she had dropped into the water. The guilt that she had promised to keep care of it to her mother was spreading more than the nervousness. Angela straightened up and tried to block the thoughts out of her mind. Oh, if only it was dark! Angela said, remembering the time she had gone stargazing with her father and felt blissful, like everything in the world was gone except her and the stars. Angela stood very steadily trying to calm herself down.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:38 am

Alys nodded. "I'm also looking forward to all my classes. I'd love to learn everything I can so I can actually get out of the alleyways. They get boring after a while." Sighing,she followed him to Professor Duke.

Llamapocalypse

Amateur Millionaire

20,275 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:40 am
User Image
User Image

Ryn was ready to get out of the boat, she didn't enjoy going over the lake knowing what lived in it. She put the lantern back on the hook and hopped out. once on solid ground Ryn turned back and held out her hand to Kaera, "My Lady, my I be honored in helping you out." Ryn said with a giggle.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:45 am

Will nodded. "That's understandable. Oh man, I wonder if they still have a hippogriff here!" He said, his thoughts wandering once more.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Rechosia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:53 am
User ImageUser Image

The boats finally came to rest at the boathouse, and the students began to climb out of their boats and form a line behind the groundskeeper. Ryn was first out of their boat, and once out she turned and offered her hand, giggling and saying "My Lady, my I be honored in helping you out." Kaera returned the giggle and grasped Ryn's hand as she got out of the boat and stood on solid ground. She was glad to be out of the lake.

Since they no longer faced the icy wind that blew off the lake's surface, Kaera removed Ryn's cloak from around her and handed it back to her cousin. "Thank you," she smiled. Turning towards the other students, she moved to get in line. Finally, they would be walking into the castle and their new journey here at Hogwarts would begin.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:53 am

Alys smiled. "Yeah,they had a whole flock of them. They can't have all died out. They live a really long time."

Llamapocalypse

Amateur Millionaire

20,275 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100

XThe Lily Of The ValleyX

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:54 am

Jane Butler

Jane got out of the boat, and guided it into the boathouse safely. "Almost there!" She said to no one in particular, getting in the small line that seemed to be forming. Taking a glance back at the lake, she promised to come back and see if the merpeople were still there in the daytime. They were dangerous creatures, she remembered her parents warning her, and not to be thought of as dumb creatures. She got in line behind Angela Spark, the girl she had sat with on the boat. Nervousness was starting to invade her mind again, about what house she would get into. Along the boat ride, she had decided firmly that she wanted to be a Gryffindor-and why not? It was in her blood (half-way, at any rate).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:59 am
Tyler Dean

First Year ---------

User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Tyler stepped out of the boat and stumbled. He blushed and got in line. "Not much longer till we find out our houses" he said "We all know there is a chance we won't be in the same so how about No matter what we agree to be friends" he smiled

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:59 am

Will nodded, absentmindedly. "There also used to be a giant living in the Forbidden Forest. I wonder if he's still there. Oh, and centaurs. They're still there. They're constantly fighting with the Ministry for more land, since the Ministry keeps restricting their territory."  
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 51 52 53 54 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff