Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Boathouse Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 51 52 53 54 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Antechrista

Dapper Gawker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:52 pm
User Image

User ImageHaving been yanked out of the boat in the least graceful way Stanley could imagine, the boy stumbled forward and quickly turned around to face Woil.

"Oh, Wally," he said, as if he was talking to an old friend. His voice resounded with mock offense. "I can't wait either, but please let me stand up on my own!" He chuckled softly and went ahead of the group of friends, catching up to Rayne.

"Really can't wait," he repeated for emphasis.

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:04 pm
User Image
Unsorted- First Year

User Image

Luke didn't really notice that he was the only one in his boat till it had docked at the boathouse and he climbed out. His satchel hung loosely from his solders as he shrugged off the fact that he had yet to talk to anyone. Not the first time he had felt it troublesome to converse with other people his own age, but maybe it wasn't the best thing he should be doing he decided with a sigh. Collecting his thoughts, he put a smile on his face and began to follow the already moving group of students trying to find the best one to talk to.

He made the motion to swish his sucker from cheek to cheek a pattern he had been following all night, but stopped as a small frown replaced his fake smile. He took the empty lollipop stick from his mouth, how bothersome he thought as he dug around in his bag for the extra grape sucker he had brought. Ah here it is he thought as his hand closed around the familiar shape and drew it up out of the bag. After unwrapping it he popped it into his mouth and began to walk towards the castle once more.

Luke’s attention was taken by the mention of his favorite house. He hurried to catch up to the boy who had mentioned it slowing when he had caught up. "Your cursed", Luke asked with a puzzled look on his face as he looked at the boy and kept pace with him? "Oh names Luke by the way", he stated as he held out his hand and a smile spreed across his face.

If you ever wish for things that are in the past,
just remember that the wrong things aren't supposed to last

User ImageXXXXUser ImageXXXXUser Image

Loveless 13 The Elder

Beloved Vampire

17,900 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:04 pm
User Image

User Image

Woil nodded to Stanley and he moved away from him. He twitched again and he almost tripped and fell. He caught himself and continued up the stairs. He made it to the other first years and made his way after Stanley, and he accidentally bumped and stopped next to the boy with white hair that his other personality considered a rival. "Oh! I'm sorry!" He said looking at him with wide, innocent, eyes. "Sometimes I'm a little clumsy when I think..." He continued on, looking a bit embarrassed.

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:06 pm
User Image

Drake laughed following after Tay. "Sure," he said smirking, following along beside him, out of the boat house and toward the castel. He laughed as his eyes changed color again, to a emerald green this time.

"Aye Tay, friends?" Drake said sticking out his hand smiling.

So I feed myself...... then forgot there were people in this box and went for a smoke with some friends before coming back. Sorry  

Odin Moon

Liberal Nerd

8,800 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:47 pm
User Image
яεġrετ┃ηστнιηġ ♦ ғεαя┃ησ σηε ♦ ταkε prιdε ιη┃εvεяyτнιηġ
User Image
Colton took note of Phi's soft skin and gentle touch as they made contact once more. He nodded strictly in response to her question, letting her now in a more subtler way that he would be more than happy to accompany her to the sorting ceremony.

After they were safely out of the boat, Colton turned for a moment to allow Ronyo the chance to include himself in their journey if he liked. It surprised him very little when the boy's first words were regarding the loathsome blonde that had scurried off at first chance. The gray of his eyes almost seemed to darken a touch as his mind wandered back to the student unwillingly.

"Cunning little badger, wasn't...he." He commented, finally deciding on a gender, as well as answering Phi's question about whether or not any of them had spotted Blaire's bulging adam's apple. He didn't like to be deceived, it was on of his most hated pet peeves, but if he happened to be housed with him, there would be little he could do to avoid it.

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:41 am
EMRYS VICT
----------§----------
----------§----------
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.
----------§----------
----------§----------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the boat came to a stop, Emrys jumped out of the boat and was thankful to be on firm, solid ground. Helping Echo from the boat, he took a moment to look around the boat house. Hearing the Keeper mention a gargoyle caused one of Emrys' eyebrows to shoot up. 'This I have to see.' He told himself, standing on his tiptoes and cranning his neck to try to see it. "Did you hear that? A gargoyle. I can't wait to see it." He said to Echo, his excitement finally surfacing.

{~~~~~~~~FIRST YEAR~~~~~~~~} {~~~~~~~~UNSORTED~~~~~~~~}

User Image

SilentlyVicious

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:56 am

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - unsorted

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Phi listened to the other's opinions theories and overall dislike of the character at hand. Phi hated disliking. If she really had to choose, she tried to be indifferent, but Blaire was pushing that line. Though Phi still had the mountain of curiousity she had to tend to, and she knew she would not be able to keep herself from trying to learn more about Blaire.

SHe gave Colton a grim look, seeing he too did not like finalizing how he felt without knowing the stranger further. She could also see, in those darkening but still striking eyes of his, that he had a worry. What it was though, Phi could not catch as it whisped away again from his eyes.
SHe had her theories, but she did not ponder them. Instead and motioned for thier relatively large group to move forward towards the forementioned steps and sorting.

╚══════════════════╝

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:59 am
User Image

User Image

Echo's excitement only grew as they reached the boathouse. After being helped out of the boat by Emrys she thanked him and stood in awe looking up at the castle. "It seemed so much smaller on the shore..." she thought aloud.

Shaken from her thoughts by Emrys question about gargoyles she frowned, wide-eyed. "Did you say...gargoyles? I-I'm not a big fan of them honestly." Finally seeing his excitement emerge, however, she quickly turned the conversation back over to him. Tilting her head slightly she asked, "What makes you so interested in them?"

How interesting that something like a gargoyle would bring him out of his shell...

User Image

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:01 am
User Image
first year - unsorted
▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

allen w. rhoddes

▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
muggle born - wizard raised

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time.”
– Leonard Bernstein
“Now, somehow, in some new way, the sky seemed almost alien.”
– Lyndon B. Johnson

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

¦¦
Allen had returned his attention to Bea and helping her with her things when he was shoved from his left. Stumbling a bit, he looked over to the source with stlightly wide eyes. It was the boy. ALlen couldn't help but allow a grin to spread over him and he brushed himself off.
"No worries, mate." His dark eyes flashed at the boy, glad he could finally encounter him. His curiosity was whirling.
"I am Allen." He threw up his hand in open greeting and added with a smile, "Cheers."
¦¦

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:47 am
EMRYS VICT
----------§----------
----------§----------
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.
----------§----------
----------§----------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hearing a slight tinge of fear in Echo's voice, Emrys turned and looked at her, trying to figure her out. 'She's happy on those crazy boats, but is afraid of these noble creatures?' Sighing softly, Emrys took out his journal and opened it, flipping through pages, looking for something. "Here we go. One of my favourite poems about gargoyles." Clearing his throat, Emrys began to recite the poem.

"In a long-ago time, when long ago peoples
Were building cathedrals and raising up steeples,
They crafted stone creatures and set them on perches
To guard and protect and watch over the churches.
So gargoyles were born, and they stood night and day,
Keeping evil and terrible spirits away.

And ne'er was a creature so true and so loyal
As the watchful, courageous, and fearless gargoyle.
But the years came and went, and the people did, too.
And in time, they forgot what their ancestors knew.
And whenever they passed by the gargoyles' lairs,
They trembled in fear at the gargoyles' stares.

And as time went along, people's fear turned to spite,
And they sneered and they cursed at the guardians of night:
'Demons!' they grumbled -- 'grotesque!' and 'horrid!'
'Those beasts don't belong on the house of the lord!'
When the gargoyles heard these words that were spoken,
Their stony old hearts became crumbled and broken.
Then storms rumbled in, and their eyes filled with rain,
And in stillness they stayed, alone and in pain.

But as it so happened, some angels were near,
And heeding the grief of a gargoyle's tear,
They each fluttered down from the heavens on high
To sit with the gargoyles beneath thundering skies.
Now, angels have ways of making things right,
So they stayed with the gargoyles all through the night,
Patting their heads and wiping their tears
And whispering life into gargoyle ears.
And soon all the gargoyles did magical things:

They gurgled and coughed and shook out their wings.
Then together the angels and gargoyles took flight,
And they soared through the clouds on a blustery night.
And while over pastures and hills they were winging,
The voices of angels were radiantly singing
Music of healing and songs of rebirth
To all of the creatures in all of the earth:

...((skip a little))...

And the gargoyles beheld wherever they roamed
That the souls of the lost weren't really alone.
Each one had an angel, each one was protected,
And each one was cherished and loved and respected.

And so it is true with the gargoyles this day,
For all of the angels who love them have stayed.
And together they wait until days become nights,
To embark on their dark and most glorious flights.
So if you see shapes in the night sky, don't fear
--For it simply means angels and gargoyles are near,
Easing the earth with their gentle night call:
God bless the gargoyles. god bless us all."

((To avoid any plagiarism: God Bless the Gargoyles by Dav Pilkey))
{~~~~~~~~FIRST YEAR~~~~~~~~} {~~~~~~~~UNSORTED~~~~~~~~}

User Image

SilentlyVicious

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:48 am
Slip out the back before they know you were there
and at the worst you'll see nobody cares,
you don't want to be around when it all goes down...

User Image
William Dante Nott the Third

Not far behind Blaire, though the blonde seemed more preoccupied being at the head of the line rather than joining the group, which had always been fine by Dante. His family would often tell him how Blaire was born to lead, but Tay, his family would say, well, he was trained to follow, to watch, and to blend in with the crowd. "Aye," Tay nodded his head decidedly. "-been cursed since the day I was born, or at least that's what I been told." Though he failed to mention any direct names.

"William Dante Nott," He quickly introduced himself to Luke, head held high, though it meant little with his short, four foot eleven stature. "-but most people just call me Tay." With that said, a hand protruded forward to seize a hold of Luke with a friendly shake of the hand. "I didn't see you on the train- did you fall asleep too?" He asked, wondering if he had been the only one to pass out.

He continued on his journey, the spark of laughter only kept at bay for the momentary silence of respect while another spoke. Rays aflamed with gold veered vigilantly towards the castle, it's size nearly tripled since the last time he turned to glance at it, but, he was still a way's away. "Aye. mate-" Tay redirected his attention to the blue-eyed blonde, now his newly deemed friend, at his side and withdrew an arm once more to seize a hold of Drake's hand with another friendly shake and a smile to match it. "Blimey, I sure can't wait for that feast, though."

╔══════════════╗
Injuries: -
Thoughts: 'Hungry...'
╚══════════════╝

User Image User Image User Image
..even heroes know when to be scared.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:56 am
User Image

Drake laughed "Bett the single thing I want right now more than anything they won't have."he had been craving a kowandik bar since he left home early that morning.

He had one left in the fridge at home, one and his mum wouldn't let him eat it for breakfast. Though he had tried to plead his way into geting the chocholate covered ice cream square, he had no luck convensing his mother he should have it .

A slight frown wound its way to his lips, before the though of answering Luke came to mind. "I'm not cursed so much as I am just unfortunate. Realy my best friend is the cursed one. Wonder how Dill is now..." Drake let his sentence fade. No need to depress people with his past.

He looked up his eyes now deep purple. "So, who is ready for flying lessons." He laughed disarming the bomb in his head.

Odin Moon

Liberal Nerd

8,800 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Dark Prince of Thorns

6,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:31 am
User Image
User Image

Disinclined to engage in the idle chatter of his peers, Blaire continued onward toward his destination. He was never one for small-talk if it wasn't furthering his agenda. Awful lot of poets, he commented to himself on one passer-by. Drawing closer and closer by the minute, the first-year couldn't help but to roll his eyes at his cousin, "Honestly, William, can you think only of food?" He shot the boy a discouraging glance as he made his way through the crowd.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:39 am
Slip out the back before they know you were there
and at the worst you'll see nobody cares,
you don't want to be around when it all goes down...

User Image
William Dante Nott the Third

"Psssh-" Tay retorted. "Hogwarts has everything, mate. I'd be bloody surprised if they truly don't have e'rything to your hearts content. Those house elves think of e'rything, I hear." He explained, because, from all of the stories he had been told, he simply couldn't believe that there would be someone who couldn't find something they liked to munch on.

"Ooh-hu," A particular shallow flap of wings and distinct hoot caught Tay's attention, his golden gaze alight with fire glanced up towards the darkened sky to witness a black silhouette, with orange gleaming eyes, looming down towards him. "Drogo," Tay greeted the large, thirty inch long Eurasian Eagle-owl as it descended and preched itself on Tay's extended arm carefully.

"We don't have to take flying lessons if we don't want to, do we?" He wondered as he veered his attention towards Drake. But before he could explain his question, Tay glanced forward towards Blaire with a flat look. "Maybe if you woulda woken me up for the trolley like I asked, I wouldn't be so hungry. But to answer your question, dear cousin.....

"No. I can't."

╔══════════════╗
Injuries: -
Thoughts: 'Hungry...'
╚══════════════╝

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
..even heroes know when to be scared.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25