Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Boathouse Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 51 52 53 54 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lupus et lux lunaris

4,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:34 pm
User Image
Malady turned toward the girl ((Indala)) and stared at her.
And then...she continued to stare. " The Castles' founders' were of old magic. When they combined their magics, do you really believe that the strength of it wasn't terrifying. Magic itself doesn't necessarily bend to your every whim, combining that with the fact that the four founders' opperated very differently...well. Imagine: yes, the magic of a hufflepuff could do great good but the magic of a Slytherin is mischevious. Ravenclaw magic is highly intelligent and Gryffindor magic is reckless, or 'adventurous'. So generally, you would have a castle that, while keeping you in relatively good shape (Hufflepuff magic), is smart enough (Ravenclaw magic) to force you into a part of itself that shouldn't exist (Slytherin magic), or transport you to a different time (Gryffindor magic)."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:35 pm
User ImageUser Image

"Adventures are a must!" Kaera exclaimed. That was something she looked forward to when coming here. Adventure. Excitement. It would certainly help to take her mind off things. Ryn turned towards the groundskeeper and asked about meeting the caretaker. Kaera pondered if they actually would be meeting this caretaker. Well, one sure way would be to break the rules and get detention. Let's try and avoid that route...

User Image  

Rechosia

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:48 pm
Indala jumped slightly not expecting the woman who had been leading them to take notice. I've got to pay more attention to my surroundings she noted. "Oh, well perhaps they should hire someone else? It's good to hear that they have at least taken the cleanliness of the castle into consideration."

Surely she is a professor...

"Sorry, I may have missed this earlier. Who are you?" The woman was captivatingly beautiful and seemed kind. Indala had noticed this right from the start. She glanced at the woman's hand looking for the ring that would symbolize a union.

Then hearing a reply from the girl she responded. "My, you certainly know a lot about Hogwarts. Did you do some research before you came? I prefer to take things in stride, let the cards fall where they may."

" It is interesting though how so many variations of magic can create a place and still have an affect on it hundreds if not thousands of years after the fact. I can't wait to get started. I want to learn all that I can." She smiled brightly at the girl. ((Malady))

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:55 pm

User Image

User Image
Charlotte ❖ Victus ❖ Claremont❖
User Image

Charlotte was standing in slightly stunned silence. All the chatter that was going on, some of it held its worth. Others answers and questions, were note worthy only do to the pure absurdity of them. These are going to be my classmates? Well, I guess that is why they and I are here to see just who is absurd, she thought as she tried to keep hold of her excitement.

Xander's words helped, smiling she turned her head towards him slightly as they queued up with the others and then set off, "I know, I'm so excited...I just hope we get a move on or else I'll have fainted have way through."

She glanced over at the stairs. Maybe they were magical too? Magically transporting you to the Great Hall and the feast. Charlotte pushed the nonsense out out of her head, with a small shake. Sighing, she stared disheartened at the first steps that lead to the castle above.

"I wonder if there is an incantation or spell that could make normal stairs move like escalator, If so I need to learn that one so that future first years need not surfer as I have," she said feeling her stomach give another bubbly rumble.

User Image
Current First Year
User Image

Mellow Magpie

MademoiselleHarmonie

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:05 pm

Lyra Wynne | 1st Year; ___________
User Image
User Image

Lyra arrived at the Boat House, she was calm even with the spiderwebs around, she sneezed softly, and took her gum and wrapped in it's package before stuffing it in her robe pocket. She wondered what House she would be in...Lyra had some smarts but there would be no way she'd get into Ravenclaw '...Gryffindor? she asked herself, well maybe her father was one, she didn't know about the rest of his family though, and her mother's family never went to Hogwarts, they were Australian, so no House blood from them.

Lyra didn't see herself as a Slytherin, not that she thought negatively of them, she just didn't see herself as one. "What will I be...a Hufflepuff or a Gryffindor?" she murmured, her words seemed to be meant for the Hat that had yet to be placed on her head.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:05 pm
Tyler Dean

First Year ---------

User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Tyler smiled "I'm not afraid of getting lost. After all, as me Mum always said, A wrong turn is just the beginning of a new adventure. And a new adventure is just what I hope for"
He looked at the girl who had said about the different types of magic in the castle. "You think so? Seriously the types of Magic don't matter, as every house has produced famous witches and wizards. and think they all started the same way we are now" he nodded "Just before I got on the train my Dad, told me that"

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:17 pm
User Image Nicole sighed happily she was glad that it seemed people were just as nice to her as she hoped to be to them. "Thank you for trying to comfort me back on the boat. I normally don't freak out if i'm with my brother Kevin but i've lost track of him in this crowd." she smiled looking at the girl (Sphyria) who had comforted her as well as the guy that had ridden the boat with her. "I'm Nicole Johnson." She said politely introducing herself. However as she spoke her eyes wondered around the crowd trying to find Kevin hoping he hadn't gotten sucked into one of his books again and missed the boats.

(Office of Confusion: kevin is also a first year but I had to fix something and am waiting for him to be fully accepted so that's why she's looking for him and I'm not posting as him.))  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:40 pm
User Image

Nott occassionally picked up on snippets of conversations around them. Everyone seemed to be feeling the excitement and all seemed anxious to explore the school. Although some of the chatter seemed silly. Nott thought of greeting some of the other students that were around him, but frankly he wasn't in the mood for making pleasantries. He, Charlotte and Alexander all seemed to be on the same page. We are so ready to be Sorted, let's get to it.

Turning to Charlotte he had to smile as she bubbled excitedly. But soon his face contorted in confusion. "Ezkalater? What is that? That sounds like something from Azkaban." He looked back to the steps trying to reason out what she was talking about.

He just wanted to take off running up the steps and all of the way into the castle, but his legs were starting to feel heavy and awkward. This was their future, every step took them closer to a decision that would affect their next seven years and possibly their life beyond it. What would he do if he was put in Slytherin? A part of him was very curious. But when he imagined being told the decision and having to walk to the table, he didn't see himself doing it with a smile. His parents were both from Ravenclaw but he couldn't imagine being placed there himself. Charlotte was the brainy one. Granted he was smart and capable, but he didn't want to be lost in his parents shadow.

Garden of Wisteria

Lupus et lux lunaris

4,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:43 pm
User Image
Malady ignored the girl (( Indala))'s enthusiasm for learning, when the boy (( Tyler)), she had originally spoken to, deigned to anwser. " If you don't think that the Founders' magic matters then you don't understand the concept of Old Magic." Her sneer became more defined. " And you won't be one of your 'great wizards' unless you understand magic...in all of it's forms."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:49 pm
Tyler Dean

First Year ---------

User Image

Tyler rolled his eyes "Whatever" he said "And I can be anything I want to be. This is the beginning of our lives"

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:03 pm
User Image
User Image

Listening to the girl was slightly amusing. Leaning over to Kaera, Ryn raised her hand to Kaera's ear whispered to her " Looks like someone is running for Slytherin princess."

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:06 pm
User Image

Alexander Greyson
1st Year

Xander laughed. It was rather funny that Nott didn't know what an escalator was. Although Alex came from a wizarding background, his family went out into the muggle world very often, so he knew most of what everything was. His house even had some electronics, although it had taken them some time to get them to work with the magic around.

"An escalator is a muggle moving staircase. It uses motors and electricity to move the stairs up or down. Quite handy, actually. In malls, where there are lots of floors, you use them to get from floor to floor without having to wait, like when you wait of an elevator." He said, still laughing a little.

Xander thought back to what he had said, then winced. Hopefully Nottingham knew what an elevator was, or if not, hopefully he didn't bring it up. It would just end up as a conversation with him and Charlotte explaining how the muggle world worked to Nott. It wasn't that he didn't want to tell Nott, it just wasn't the time, and his mind was on the coming sorting.

Mexican Donuts

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Moshe Yitzchaki
User Image

Moshe mind had wondered off completely when he noticed a group of kids arguing about something. It seemed to have something to do with the school. Moshe ignored them and moved on. He was still hoping to find the people he had first spoken to when he had gotten off the train. At least then he would not feel so shy talking to them.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:11 pm
User Image
Malady stared at him ((Tyler)) for a long moment. Then she positively beamed, it is the beginning of our lives. It's the beginning of my life. Thank you mum and dad. It's sad really, she thought toward her parents, if the both of you had not died so tragically, I, personally, would have had to 'off' you to get where I am today. Her smile morphed into a wicked grin. Luckily, you did die...quite painfully I might add.
Aware of the faces she had been pulling, Malady schooled her expression to one of superiority. It wouldn't do for the other students to see her so giddy, regardless that sadistic thoughts were the cause.

Lupus et lux lunaris

4,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

Rechosia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:16 pm
User ImageUser Image

Kaera snickered at Ryn's remark. It was true, the girl would certainly fit in there. And she had had enough of the girl's snide comments. Linking arms with both Ryn and Tyler, Kaera turned the three of them around so they were once again facing the groundskeeper and away from the girl. She looked at Tyler, saying, "Don't worry about her. You're completely right. You can be anything you want to be." She smiled reassuringly.

User Image  
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 51 52 53 54 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces