Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Boathouse Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 51 52 53 54 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:50 pm
Sleep, the evil has passed, and you enter the dance...
The worst part is, you sell your cadence short.
You sow happiness with every step you take...
You wake up and life resumes its process.
While you walk like air in a world without music...
Devoid of your colors, a little too specific.
You swim in pain, and it's almost time;
Close your eyes, death awaits you.

And if it hurts, it's because they don't understand: Nervous
The knife lodged in your heart for so long: I hope this wasn't stupid of me...
And if it hurts, it's because they can't see you: ?
While your smile is finally extinguished: Boathouse

E L S B E T H | L Y N W E N | V A S S
B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | F O U R T H Y E A R User Image

Elsie was nervous as she entered the boathouse. The inside was a bit gloomy, since there was no lighting other than the windows, and she didn't stray far from the door. It was hardly pitch black inside, but she felt uncomfortable being here alone. The letter she'd received was clenched tightly in one hand like a life line. How did she know this wasn't a silly prank, or even a trap? The blonde Hufflepuff was significantly less trusting than she once had been, and though she was still inclined to think the best of this "group" and their apparent leader, one Jacob Drage whom she did not know, this could all be a lie. After all, they obviously didn't want her to let anyone else know where she was going. She was starting to think that perhaps she should have owled Newlyn a quick note, or even left one in her dorm, in case something horrible happened to her and she went missing... or worse. At least her reasoning would be understood. Even if she would probably be known as That Very Stupid Girl Who Agreed To Meet Strangers In a Boathouse. Down by the lake, it was a bit chilly and damp, and she jangled her bracelets quietly and tapped her feet in an effort to warm herself a little, and provide some sound in the otherwise very quiet atmosphere. All that could be heard was the sounds of the small waves from the lake lapping up on the shore and then receding. Oh, she hoped this hadn't been a very bad idea... Her wand was in her pocket, she reassured herself, and easily in reach, and she knew some decent defense spells. Just in case.

IT ONLY HURTS BECAUSE THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND.

And if it hurts, it's because it doesn't include-
The knife lodged in your heart for so long!
And if it hurts, it's because they can't see you-
While your smile is finally extinguished!
Sleep, the evil has passed, it cannot catch you...
Breathe, you are no longer the bait.
Your pain is melted delirium and others-
Quickly forget that you are no longer with us.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:08 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ 5th Yr Gryffindor ➳ ➳
➳ ➳ Muggle-born, Daughter of Late Officer Brian Kiss of the Kent Police ➳ ➳
➳ ➳ PrefectReserve Beater 01 ➳ Vice-Captain of the Reparifors Group Therapy ClubDueling Club Member ➳ ➳

Laurel and Dragon Heartstring Wand
Born on June 22, 2011
5 feet 7.5 inches tall
Wearing: Casual Clothes
At: Boathouse
Time: Night
Thinking: Special Group? And meeting this late is sketchy, regardless if it is from Jacob or not.

User Image Veronica had made her way down to the boathouse as instructed by the letter from Jacob which she had burned after fairly well memorizing its contents and letting the ashes float away out of her dorm window. Her hand hovered over her wand which was tucked into one of her long socks for easy access, a habit she had picked up early on. She wasn't particularly thrilled about being out this late at night called out by vague letters-even if it was from someone she generally trusted like Jacob-but if ever questioned about it she could pull the typical line of 'as a prefect I felt it was my duty to investigate the matter'. It sounded good. Though, she was actually more curious about the true nature of the group and its members than thinking it was a mere prank worth investigating.

User Image As Ronna approached she paused briefly hearing the jangle of jewelry and narrowing her blue eyes continued onward her footsteps fairly light as she walked forward making out a girl in a year below her-Hufflepuff house if Ronna remembered correctly, though Ronna never bothered to remember that many names, especially of those who weren't in her house and/or year. The girl seemed fairly nervous and Veronica could only guess she had been called out by some suspicious letter too. "I forgot what down here looked like at night," Ronna spoke up as she stopped a few feet behind Elsie. She more or less said it to announce her presence to Elsie than actually expecting a response.

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:17 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          "dating" Michael Davenport
                                                          Looking Shady at the Boathouse with Chimera
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Exhilarated
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ This should be interesting... ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

Coin-operated boy; ஒ ஒ ஒxxx
                                                          All the other real ones that I destroy ஒ ஒ ஒxxxxxx
                                                          Cannot hold a candle to my new boy and I'll ஒ ஒ ஒxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceGypsy made her way down to the boathouse as quickly as she could, in contrast to her usual bad habit of being horribly late for anything. For once, she was going to be on time. Maybe even early, she didn't know. She hadn't really watched the clock after seeing it was time to get ready to head down. The Ravenclaw, in a sudden burst of impishness, had decided that, well, the thing was technically a secret, right? So, she'd better dress appropriately. Aside from her bright pink hair, which was presently tucked under a hat, she was black from head to toe, even her lips. She didn't know why, she'd just thought it was funny. Not like she was really sneaking around or anything, she'd waltzed past a couple of professors on her way out the door, even. They might not've noticed she was actually walking out the door, of course, but whatever. It wasn't like anyone was worried about her... being a prefect and all. She snorted at the very idea, approaching the boathouse with a light skip in her step. She was somewhat surprised to see that she was only the third person to arrive, and even more surprised to see that Elsie had been one of the first. She would've expected Jacob at least to've been early. Ronna's arrival wasn't much of a surprise, though. She offered the Hufflepuff a small wave, and a smirk. "Heya, Elsie, Ronna." she said, eyes sparking purple. She'd never really spoken to Elsie, which was sort of odd, since she was one of Echo's best friends. But, then, whenever she was around Echo's friends, Tanya tended to monopolize the conversation. She was like that. Which Gypsy admired about her, really. Merlin knows Echo needed someone in his life who could annoy him as much as she could. And she hadn't really spoken to the Gryffindor girl at all since they'd arrived in school, which wasn't particularly unusual, since they weren't exactly friends. At least they didn't try to hex one another on sight.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxஒ ஒ ஒ Never let him go
                                                          xxxxxxஒ ஒ ஒ And I'll never be alone
                                                          xxxxxxxxxஒ ஒ ஒ Not with my coin-operated boy

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:02 pm
Woke up in London yesterday
xxxFound myself in the city near Piccadilly
xxxxxxDon't really know how I got here
xxxxxxxxxI got some pictures on my phone
User Image

Convoluted OriginsTaken by Bradley♪ Musical Magician♫Illegitimate Nott ♚Lionel

╔═══════════════════╗
Tobi didn't exactly have a problem sneaking out of the dungeons and it sort of saddened him that most professors or prefects didn't care about busting him because he would be leaving by the end of the year. Guh, he was old. He did however make a quick trip to the kitchens because, eh, he could. Wasn't like the house elves were gonna rat him out. He grabbed a few butterbeers to split among everyone, on the prospect that everyone actually showed up, as well as a backpack of wrapped goodies. Mostly for himself but if he decided one of them needed a bit of sugar he might share. He took his normal route to the lake as he usually did for when he and Bradley had their alone time or their Anniversaries and then began his trek to the boathouse. It seemed smaller than he last remembered, then again he was seeing it from a distance. The young man couldn't bring himself to walk much faster, liking the cool air that surrounded him and the beauty of the surrounding forest in the way distance. He'd have to drag his boyfriend out her for another midnight picnic before he got too crazy with his NEWT's. Even while dragging his heels he managed to make it to the boathouse in good time and saw that he was the only person without a Y chromosome in the entire place. As a sign of goodwill and a peace offering, since he was literally the odd man out, he placed the still cold butterbeers out on one of the small tables...or was that a shelf? Either way they weren't on the floor. Tobi already knew Gypsy and Elsie was the one he'd invited to come in the first place so the other girl must be the one for Gryffindor. He didn't really remember her name and only knew he was in the house of red and gold because she had damn good aim out on the Quidditch pitch. He raised his hand in a greeting and gave a half grin to them all. "'Lo Gypsy, Elsie, girl I don' know. Help yourselves ta the drinks. You'll prolly need them inna bit." he said wryly before leaning against a wall. Part of him wanted to also state his name and that he was an alcoholic but felt that would be slight overkill so he stayed quiet for once.
╚═══════════════════╝

Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley

mc2

Oh this has gotta be the good lifexxxThis has gotta be the good life xxxThis could really be a good life, good lifexxxSay oh, got this feeling that you can't fight xxxLike this city is on fire tonight xxxThis could really be a good life xxxA good, good life

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:39 am
User Image

User Image

BROKE MY HEART ON THE ROAD
                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx S̷E̷W̷I̷N̷G̷ ̷T̷H̷E̷ ̷P̷I̷E̷C̷E̷S̷ ̷B̷A̷C̷K̷ ̷O̷N̷ •.••}
                                  █▌█▌WALKING GETS TO BORING WHEN YOU LEARN HOW TO FLY !

Won't confess all my sins!
                                                                            You can bet I'll try it!
                                                                            But you can't always win!

IWONTCRY I'MTOYOUNGTODIE IFYOU'REGONNAQUITME

ςยรє เ'๓ ﻮұקรұ, гє ұ๏ย ς๏๓เภﻮ ฬเҭђ ๓є?

A I N TxxxI TxxxJ U S TxxxT H ExxxW A YxxxL I F ExxxG O E S

xxxxxxxxxxxxxc̷o̷m̷e̷ ̷a̷l̷o̷n̷g̷ ̷f̷o̷r̷ ̷t̷h̷e̷ ̷r̷i̷d̷e̷.

Cash meandered out of the castle nonchalantly. When he'd gotten the letter, the first thing he'd thought was that he had to tell Bonna. Of course he'd decided better of it. He'd tell her once he knew what it all was about. He did not want to provoke her insanity if it turned out to be nothing or some dumb prank. Not that he thought the head boy and Gryffindor Quidditch Captain was they type to pull a dumb prank on a poor unsuspecting second year like him, but hey you never knew right? He had his hands shoved into his pockets and his head high and confident to avoid any suspicion. And no one even questioned it when he walked out the front of the castle and made his way down to the boat house. He walked slowly and leisurely, not in any hurry at all to get where he was going. Although that seemed to be the case most of the time.

A slight smirk on his face was all he had to offer as he entered the boat house and was met with 4 different people that were all on the quidditch teams. If that wasn't ironic he didn't know what was. Jacob wasn't there, which was weird since he was the one that asked them there. At least he figured he'd asked all these people to meet here. He shrugged and grinned at Gypsy. " 'Lo Gypsy." He greeted, before nodding a hello to the others. None of which he knew very well, let alone the names of them. It seemed he was the youngest here though, which was rather disconcerting.

Yukina101

Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley""

mc2

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:23 am
User Image
                                                    Lately I been, I been losing sleep
                                                    Dreaming about the things that we could be
                                                    But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
                                                    Said no more counting dollars
                                                    We'll be counting stars
                                                    Yeah, we'll be counting stars

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

$ł⑂тн℮ґїη ℙяℯḟℯ¢т || ℱїḟтℌ ¥εαґ || Ṕґøʊⅾ ♏ʊḓ♭ℓø☺ⅾ

════════════════════════

Stealth honed from the streets brought Jer down to the boathouse. The boathouse was dark, and he could easily pick out the sight of several forms in the dark. He walked purposely forward and after catching a glimpse of Gypsy, he walked around her and went to stand with Ronna. He wasn't exactly keen on standing with Gypsy, even if she was his best friend. Ruddy hell, who told someone the person they were dating was dying, anyway? Jer didn't tell her that his brother was dying, since he obviously wasn't. Why should she... Ugh, this was about the one point he wished that Steffi was more available to talk to. Shoving his hands into his pockets, he stood casually, looking over everyone before snorting and raising one hand. A whispered Lumos later, and a glow was positioned in his palm, just bright enough to see everyone better with. "'Ey everyone! Take i' tha' everyone's no' 'ere ye'? Or is tha' Jacob heap o' Coke tryin' ter be presen' and pas'?" He slouched, waiting. Hopefully the meeting wouldn't take too long.

════════════════════════
                                                    Thoughts: Man, an' I though' tha' I'd be las'
                                                    OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I feel the love
                                                    And I feel it burn
                                                    Down this river every turn
                                                    Hope is our four letter word
                                                    Make that money
                                                    Watch it burn

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:34 am
User Image

A n a s t a s i axXx R o m e l l i e r

x. ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███
                                                      xx`◜ a n a˟↘ ᴛʜᴇhissy - sᴘᴇʟʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴇ
                                                      xx( ) THAT'S A 1 2 3 AND IT'S STUCK TO MY NAME ↘↘
                                                      xxx FIND ME DOWN IN THE DUNGEONS FIND ME DOWN IN THE DUNGEONS - DOWN IN THE DUNGEONS
                                                      xx▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ( I WANT A TURN IN THIS GAME )

( feeling : bright, as usual . ♔ . with : chimeras . ♔ . at : boathouse )
                                                            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxthird year . ↘ . slytherin . ↘ . parselmouth . ↘ . halfblood

- With a letter slipped deceptively up one green sleeve, light footsteps made their way across the castle grounds, footing sure despite the skyscraper heels strapped onto said feet as they headed towards their destination. Picking her way towards the boathouse, the tall blonde watched the path for any obstacles, humming absently as she did so. The meeting had to be at night, didn't it? At least it made things easier when it came to sneaking off. People were less likely to look for her once the sun had set.

- Though she'd had exactly zero plausible ideas about the cryptic letter she'd received and what it meant since it made its way to her person and barring the whole suspiciousness of its very existence, the levels of apprehension she could feel swirling in herself were surprisingly low. At least, if anything went wrong, she had a name to foist it off on. Jacob Drage- - - she vaguely remembered the name from Quidditch. Was he a Gryffindor? She thought he was a Gryffindor. Huh.

- Nearing the wooden construct, Anastasia tucked her wand more securely into her holster, noting those already present before stepping out of the shadows and into the clear area where they were all gathered. "Evening!" she greeted easily, tone light and cheerful as always. Was she the last to arrive? She hoped not.

o o c : o vo

The Forgotten Weasley

Cara Miakitty

mc2

Devlyn Maycry

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:25 am
User Image
                                              It may sound absurd but don't be naïve
                                              Even heroes have the right to bleed
                                              I may be disturbed but won’t you concede
                                              Even heroes have the right to dream
                                              And it's not easy to be me

User Image

════════════════════════

Sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Hᴇᴀᴅ Bᴏʏ || Bᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ

════════════════════════

Jacob walked down to the shore, his face set in a frown as he spied light from the boathouse. Was that...? Upon getting closer, he had to facepalm. Jer apparently had conjured up some light. Jacob rolled his eyes as he approached the group. Seemed like everyone was here already. Well, this made things easier. At least he could work from this point. Crossing his arms, he looked around the group. This had to be better than the non-existent meeting he had been to. At least he hoped so. "Hi. I'm Jacob. I... have a feeling either you guys are going to hex me for sending you those notes, or you're going to listen before doing anything. Personally, I'm hoping for the latter myself. I asked you all here to invite you to join the Chimera Club, an organization of students dedicated to protecting the school and its inhabitants. We basically keep our ears and eyes open and watch for trouble around the school. We try and protect the students of the school. We also help each other out as much as possible, since we can't be at two places at once, and even we can't do things by ourselves."

He quickly hid a wince from his words, knowing that two of the club's members had been in trouble, with no one to save them. Well, not before a bunch of stuff happened. Shaking his head at the memories, he looked at everyone again. "I know we're not great, and that we haven't graduated yet, but this? It's kind of a big deal. I can recall one instance when the school was in trouble and we could have used someone to try and help out. Think outside the box. That's what the Chimera Club is supposed to be. I'm not asking you to place yourself in danger if you're not willing to, or if you think you're in over your head. Also, if it helps, the older Chimera; Tobi, Gypsy, Jeremy, and I are still going to be here, at least until the end of the year. After that, yes, it would be just Jeremy and Gypsy here, but don't hesitate to send a message to any of us. Especially if you need help. After all, we Chimera look after each other too. We're all students as well. We don't ignore people if they need assistance. That's our job, especially if the adults in the school can't help."

Jacob sighed and ran a hand through his head. This could go a lot better in his opinion, but he'd had just as much information as that. It wasn't as much as he'd hoped it was, but it was something, and hopefully it was a start. It was certainly more information than he had. That was it. He had no idea about how things would go from here, but it was a start. "If you have questions, please ask. Heck, I had a lot of questions myself, and no one really to tell me anything. It was kind of like the last group popped into my life to let me know about it in the vaguest of terms, and then poofed again. That's not happening here. I plan on giving all of you as much information as possible. Also, I know how hard it is to keep secrets, so I'm not going to ask you to. Find someone you can trust to talk to, and confide in them. I did it with my father and brother, and surprisingly it helps. At least then you know you're not alone in your secret, and even if you happen to be over your head and the other Chimera can't help, someone knows and can try and help there. It's not right to expect for everyone to be able to do everything, which is why other people should be aware of what's going on. Just in case the worst-case scenario should happen, you shouldn't be left on your own. Anyway, any questions? I'm pretty sure that everyone has some. I'm pretty sure I do."

════════════════════════
                                              Thinking: Well, first meetings are always fun...
                                              OOC: Private Scene

I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
                                              Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
                                              Only a man in a funny red sheet
                                              Looking for special things inside of me

Socks

mc2

Devlyn Maycry

Grespeciatto

Yukina101

Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:33 pm

➳ ➳ PrefectReserve Beater 01 ➳ Vice-Captain of the Reparifors Group Therapy ClubDueling Club Member ➳ ➳

Born on June 22, 2011
5 feet 7.5 inches tall
Thinking: What is the worst case scenario, anyways?

User Image Veronica nodded to first Gypsy and then the others as they arrived she leaned against the wall of the boathouse raising a brow when Jer decided to stand next to her instead of Gypsy. What was going on with those two anyways? Weren't they supposed to be close? She let out a sigh as she waited for Jacob to show up and when he did her focus grew on him as she listened as he introduced the purpose of the meeting-of really quite a variety of students assembled especially the younger students, her, Gypsy, Jer, Elsie, Anastasia, and a Ravenclaw Ronna wasn't familiar with.

Once he finished his introduction Veronica pushed off from the wall and put down her foot, though she kept her arms crossed, "So, like a reincarnation of Dumbledore's army, without the threat of an evil psychopathic wizard out to take over the entire United Kingdom?"

She shook her head, unfolding her arms and said, "I'm all for doing the right thing and helping out people, but this sounds vaguely vigilante-like and I would rather work on problems within the typical order of things. Anyways, I can't really imagine any particular current problems that the Chimera Club would be able to handle any better than those better trained to handle such issues. Unless there is some looming great threat going on I'm not aware of..." She trailed off and looked at Jacob and then to Tobi and then to the others before looking at Jacob.

User Image She turned red and said quickly and waved her hands, "I just... I don't mean to be rude, it's just... sorry I'm having trouble seeing why the Chimera Club was started and why it needs to persist. I mean obviously issues arise. There was the Fall Festival carnage of course. And people have their own personal issues to deal with, I am sure... but a specific group hiding out in the shadows just doesn't seem all that logically necessary."

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:38 pm
Valentina La Russa
Third year Gryffindor

As Valentina walked down towards the Boathouse to go play her violin. She was walking down the stairs thinking about if she will pass this year. When she got the the boathouse she took out her violin and started to play to relax herself. Valentina was classical Beethoven Moonlight Sonata . She was about 5 years old when she started to learn violin and never gave up. "I like the classical muggle music especially learning it is much better." she told herself. "I coul spend all day here playing this. I will have to go to class sometime I can't keep not going otherwise a Howler will be sent to me by my parents." She said to herself.

(OOC: free to talk to me)  

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:08 pm
Sleep, the evil has passed, and you enter the dance...
The worst part is, you sell your cadence short.
You sow happiness with every step you take...
You wake up and life resumes its process.
While you walk like air in a world without music...
Devoid of your colors, a little too specific.
You swim in pain, and it's almost time;
Close your eyes, death awaits you.

And if it hurts, it's because they don't understand: Guarded
The knife lodged in your heart for so long: They want me?
And if it hurts, it's because they can't see you: Chimeras
While your smile is finally extinguished: Boathouse

E L S B E T H | L Y N W E N | V A S S
B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | F O U R T H Y E A R User Image

Elsie gave a muffled squeaking sound of surprise and whirled around, eyes bulging, until she realized it was a just a girl, likely not that much older than herself. She knew she'd seen the girl before, but didn't remember her name. She didn't say anything for a moment, breathing heavily until she had calmed down, and was put more at ease when Gypsy joined them. She knew Gypsy. She was Echo's sister, and Elsie knew she was a good person. At least, Elsie had never seen or heard or her doing anything awful, though she knew the Ravenclaw had a reputation as a troublemaker. At least she was nice enough, anyways. The group grew as Tobi, a younger boy she didn't recognize, that Jer boy, the one with the thick street accent, a blonde girl she recognized as a Slytherin second year, and finally the man of the hour, Jacob Drage himself. Elsie listened patiently, more guarded than nervous at this point. She was being asked to join a club of some sort dedicated to protecting people? Her? Elsie the Coward, as Morven oh so politely termed it? Elsie didn't think she'd ever done a brave thing in her life. Her reaction to a dangerous situation was usually mind numbing terror and screaming. A lot of screaming. Granted, when her father- had tried to- well, when he'd lost it, she'd done more than stand there and shriek, but Newlyn had saved them all. Not her. Even Morven, who was the first to save her own skin, had shown bravery that far surpassed what was usually expected of a twelve year old. Elsie had run down a lane, gotten help, sent a frantic letter, and then gotten back to late to do much but cry over what had happened. Her mouth was open slightly in shock. Tell someone she trusted? Who? Her friends? Newlyn? I'm an orphan, she wanted to snap defensively, but knew she wasn't going to, One of my best friends is dying, the others think I'm mourning the death of my dad, who, by the way, my older sister killed because he lost his mind and tried to kill us- It was too much. This was too much. "I can see the need for the club, myself," she said in a very close to timid tone. "Adults can't always fix things. In fact, sometimes they end up breaking things. A lot of things. Students feel more comfortable coming to their peers for help, rather than professors. We don't have classes to teach and papers to grade. We see what they might not, and we certainly hear about it. There's almost never a secret at Hogwarts that stays a secret forever. And, well, the typical order of things- the Ministry wasn't very helpful when Voldemort was rising to power, you know?" She shrugged and looked around at the rest of them. "I just don't think I'm that qualified. For um, protecting the school, and people, and-" she fell silent, thinking. Why had she even been chosen? Had it just been a random thing? Because surely there were other Hufflepuffs, ones who weren't basically a disgrace to a house that was noted for loyalty.

IT ONLY HURTS BECAUSE THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND.

Diamond Wales

Yukina101

mc2

Cara MiaKitty

Grespeciatto

Devlyn Maycry

And if it hurts, it's because it doesn't include-
The knife lodged in your heart for so long!
And if it hurts, it's because they can't see you-
While your smile is finally extinguished!
Sleep, the evil has passed, it cannot catch you...
Breathe, you are no longer the bait.
Your pain is melted delirium and others-
Quickly forget that you are no longer with us.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:04 pm
Woke up in London yesterday
xxxFound myself in the city near Piccadilly
xxxxxxDon't really know how I got here
xxxxxxxxxI got some pictures on my phone
User Image

Convoluted OriginsTaken by Bradley♪ Musical Magician♫Illegitimate Nott ♚Lionel

╔═══════════════════╗
Tobi watched the last few people trickle in including another boy, finally, from quidditch who still looked a bit green around the gills, Jer which didn't surprise him in the least but it did surprise him that he wasn't hanging over Gypsy like usual. Did the two lovebirds have a falling out? A blonde young Slytherin also joined him almost reminding him of Steffi, almost, and finally their fearless "leader" arrived to spill the beans on their secret organization. The girl who's name escaped him started off speaking her mind about how she thought that such a group wasn't really needed since there were adults more qualified to handle these situations making him snort softly. He was technically an "adult" and he still thought of the others as useless adults. At Elsie's softly voiced opinion however he grinned and nodded inwardly preening from being the one to bring the person with at least a little bit of common sense before he heard the rest of her tiny speech making him frown. The older boy had always known she wasn't the most confident of girls but she made up for it with her general niceness and sweet exterior that she exuded. Lately he hadn't seen much of either making him worried about what might have happened during the summer. Tobi pushed himself off the wall and went over to stand by her to talk to her privately. "Ya know Elsie, we didn' jus pick an' choose or pull names outta hat. We each picked a person from our own house tha' we thought would do the name chimera proud, an' I chose you. Not ta be creepy or nothin', but I've been watchin' you since you were jus' a firs' year. I've seen the way ya are with yer friends an' with others. You have this innately good soul tha's not really seen nowan'days an' I know that whenever pushed you'll do the right thing. Even with that harpy of a lil' sister, sorry." he quickly apologized. He knew that some siblings didn't like other people talking about one another even while they did it themselves.
╚═══════════════════╝

Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley

mc2

Oh this has gotta be the good lifexxxThis has gotta be the good life xxxThis could really be a good life, good lifexxxSay oh, got this feeling that you can't fight xxxLike this city is on fire tonight xxxThis could really be a good life xxxA good, good life

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:45 pm
Valentina La Russa
Third year Gryffindor

As Valenina was feeling abit awkward ound all this other students, she decided she was going to go somewhere ele to play her violin in peace. She needed to get this bit of classical music peferct before getting on to more harder stuff. Inthe end she decided she would just wonder around the castle until she could find a place to play her violin.

Exit to Entrance Courtyard.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:21 pm
User Image
                                              It may sound absurd but don't be naïve
                                              Even heroes have the right to bleed
                                              I may be disturbed but won’t you concede
                                              Even heroes have the right to dream
                                              And it's not easy to be me

User Image

════════════════════════

Sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Hᴇᴀᴅ Bᴏʏ || Bᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ

════════════════════════

Jacob winced when Ronna compared the Chimera to vigilantes. He doubted that had ever been the case. If they were, then there would have been a lot more issues at the school that could have gone horribly wrong. Besides, his own father would never have even let him jojn a group of vigilantes. Garret himself had to deal with those from time to time, and his uncle was certainly not the type to condone such activities. He however had to hand it to Elsie, who voiced exactly the reason why the Chimeras had been formed. "Actually, Elsie's right. I know of plenty of people that can't go to adults with issues because of mistrust or the thoughts they won't be believed. Or they're in so much trouble that they think adults wouldn't listen and would just blow it aside or something. I've seen it happen. I can name off a list of dark wizards my father deals with on a regular basis, and all of them have ties to this school in one way or another. It almost seems like the school's cursed to have crazies or something try and do things here. And we're not asking you to do more than what you're willing to do. If you don't feel comfortable with the group, then you're more than welcome to decline the offer."

He refused to mention his thoughts on what dark wizards were real threats, because honestly, he didn't want to know. It wasn't like he willingly went into his father's business, or his father told him about them. In a lot of cases, it was all over the Daily Prophet. Megan was just one of them. If enough of them decided to, they could cause a lot of issues for the school, and he didn't want to be responsible for standing by and doing nothing when bad stuff happened around him. In that way, he felt impotent, since he'd seen a lot of it happen, and could do nothing about it. He only wanted to help people. "Sorry, my brother accuses me of being Mr. Hero a lot. He's accused me of constantly trying to fix things, and I don't know, maybe I do, but I can't just do nothing when people I care about are being hurt, or when people around me are in trouble. I mean, that's why I was chosen. Because I happened to be the type that wants to help people. I also saw you Ronna. Last year, on the pitch, and before that, during my fourth year tryouts. You saw something wrong with what was going on, and you didn't back down to me or Elli. You stood your ground and spoke your mind. You refused to let someone be hurt without stepping in and trying to help. That's why I chose you, because you don't back down, and you have a stubborn streak that refuses to let other people sway your opinions."

════════════════════════
                                              Thinking: Well, first meetings are always fun...
                                              OOC: Private Scene

I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
                                              Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
                                              Only a man in a funny red sheet
                                              Looking for special things inside of me

Socks

mc2

Devlyn Maycry

Grespeciatto

Yukina101

Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:15 pm

Born on June 22, 2011
5 feet 7.5 inches tall
Thinking: Ah, yes my infamous stubborn streak...

User Image Veronica glanced at Elsie and listened as she pointed out the fact that adults can't always fix things and sometimes end up making things worse. And, the fact that students tended to feel more comfortable coming to their peers, though Ronna had trouble seeing herself as all that approachable compared to most of the others she could name in her year and those above and below it. As for secrets, Ronna didn't really know for sure if that was always true. She felt like people tended to pick and chose what went around. Toby and her kissing got around quick, but the fact her father died-something that was mentioned on muggle news-passed most people by. She was fairly sure that most people didn't even realize it.

She listened as Elsie went on about the Ministry not being all that helpful when Voldemort was rising to power and then went on to say that she felt unqualified. That was when the older Hufflepuff, Tobi, explained his choosing and his faith in her. In Ronna's opinion self doubt in your abilities was generally kept people in check and on the right path generally anyways. And then Jacob spoke about the fact they couldn't go to adults with issues because of mistrust and spoke about dark wizards his father dealt with on a regular basis with ties to the school. And the school was cursed with crazies-which was somewhat valid considering a dead body did turn up one year and before that there was the whole curse that was putting muggleborns into a coma-and then said she could always decline the offer.

Hearing out Jacob's speech about being the type to want to fix things and then pointing out that was why she was chosen because essentially her stubbornness. Taking a deep breath she said, "I wouldn't know about going to people for help, to tell you the truth, be it peers or adults. I'm the type to handle things on my own. Though, you'd be surprised-Elsie, was it?-what doesn't get spread around and what does."

She let out a sigh and uncrossed her arms and said addressing Jacob, "You could also argue me refusing to bend on my beliefs that year caused more problems than help. Or it at least did for me. Anyways, it isn't that I intend to necessary decline, I just am not particularly fond of working from the shadows when things could be done above-board and within traditional rules. Of course, the bureaucracy of rules can bog justice down from being served. I can't really flat out refuse. Besides, wouldn't it be my duty more or less to make sure something like this remains just and fair? Working from the shadows makes it a lot easier to stray from what is right."

User Image "I'm on board, I don't see why not," She added with a shrug. "If the organization acts as you say it does then technically the Chimeras would be free of any unethical or anything criminally able to be persecuted successfully in the end. Besides, you are one of the few people I can confidently say I generally trust the judgement of."
Diamond Wales
The Forgotten Weasley

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 51 52 53 54 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games