Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
Paved Courtyard ("The Quad") Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:58 pm
Paved Courtyard
"The Quad"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"This courtyard is located on the Hogwarts Castle exterior area. It is connected to the Viaduct and the Boathouse. Four towers are located at either corner of this courtyard: The Grand Staircase Tower, Gryffindor Tower, North Tower and Stone Bridge Tower; and the Hospital Tower and Suspension Bridge Towers are located in the middle of two different sides."

All students are welcome here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:13 pm
User Image
User Image

Charlotte took a breath as she walked into the courtyard. A slight breeze played between the four large sides of the castle which cast half the courtyard into a light shade. The day was hot, one of the last signs that summer was still resisting the coming seasonal change. Walking further in, she noticed that a few of the older students were around, studying, chatting, or sleeping a bit before the next class. A perfect place to accomplish some work and study at the same time, she thought as she sat down on one of the benches in the courtyard.

Settling herself, she pulled out her Potions book, intent on studying more about each potion she would confront this year.

___________________*___________________
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
{{}{Springy 10 1/2 inch, Birch wood with a core of Jobberknoll feather}{}}

Mellow Magpie

Garden of Wisteria

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:32 am
User ImageNott smiled as he followed her out into the sunshine. Naturally she sat and stuck her nose directly in a book. Nott perched on the back of the bench next to her and playfully snatched the Potions book, holding up at the limit of the reach of his arm, grinning at her slyly. She was already too smart for her own good and had clearly achieved her goal of becoming the 'know-it-all' of their grade. Nott was doing well, but it was hard to stand out with Charlotte cast such a large shadow over the rest of them.

Not that he minded. More opportunity for him to escape notice for the less than savory activities he may or may not have had a hand in. Smiling at her now, he tossed the book easily to his other hand and dropped it on the far side of him on the bench. With a mischievous grin that said quite plainly, 'Please, feel free to climb over me to get it'.

"Come now Lottie, it is counterproductive to go outside to study. To really appreciate sunshine and fresh air you have to experience them. And studying will ruin your focus for that end. So come on, lounge and chat with me. You know that I'm more interesting than Potions anyway."

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:51 am
User Image
Alexander Greyson
1st Year Ravenclaw

Alex was walking on his way to the library, but he had gotten himself a little lost. He knew where he was, sort of. He was pretty sure he was headed in the right direction. Then, he noticed Charlotte and Nott talking in the courtyard.

Running towards them, Xander was slightly relieved. Maybe they could confirm the direction to the library. He knew how to get to the library from the common room, but he had started out from the Great Hall, and didn't have that great of an internal compass.

"Hey, Charlotte! Hey, Nott! The library is this direction, right?" he said, pointing to his left.

He took a good look at what they were doing. "Are you guys studying? kind of a weird place to do that if you ask me."

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Mexican Donuts

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:33 pm
User Image
User Image

Charlotte had gasped as Nott snatched the book from her hands. Turning to follow it and reaching out for it she brushed against Nott in attempts. She glowered at him for moment, then notice with discomforted how close they were. Move back a touch, she continued to reach out for her potions book.

"Give it back. Give it back," she said in a strained voice as she tired to reach for it. However just as her fingers touched the corner, Nott moved into his other hand and then onto the other side of the bench. Scowling she glared down at him, he knew there were only two chooses. Walk around or climb over him, she could from his smile that he would like the latter. She continued to glare at him as he spoke.

"No-" she started, but was cut off from a call. Turning slightly she noticed that Xander was coming towards them. Despite her flustered and slightly anger state, she smiled and waved a greeting at him. Right up in till she asked that question. With a humph she placed her hands on her hips and glared away, across the courtyard into empty space, "Yes, well Nott was just pointing that out to me. However I want to enjoy the last bit of summer sun, but fall and winter forces us inside to study. There is nothing wrong with enjoy a fine day and a good book at the same time, in my opinion."

"And while chatting with you is interesting," she continued turning her gaze toward Nott. She glowered a bit, but she could display true anger since she had found it amusing, "I need to study. We might have a quiz soon. It always better to be prepared, than surprised."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:03 pm
User ImageNott gave Alexander a smile and a wave as the other boy joined them. He was glad to hear that he wasn't the only one who disapproved of the gross misuse of sunlight. While he had gotten to chat with Charlotte a little during their classes, it seemed like he hadn't really gotten to talk to Alexander at all.

"Hey Xander! What do you think of classes so far? Anything piquing your interest? Or making you want to stick your head in a cage of Red Caps?"

Charlotte was still trying to convince them that studying was a worthwhile pursuit as Nott rolled his eyes at her. Holding the book by the edge of its binding, he dangled it in front of her. "This," he snatched it back, "is not a 'good' book. It is a school book. You aren't reading for pleasure. You are studying. You will not be prepared when we have a quiz. You are already over-prepared. So put the brakes on this obsessive scholarly insanity and relax. Just chat, pretend that there is more than class. You are already the best in our year..in everything. Mission accomplished."

He smiled broadly and kept the book far away from her. Charlotte was a very fun person and Nott didn't want to see her worrying for nothing. He knew that as soon as she was out of his sight, she would be back to studying. Even when she mentioned that sod of a third year it was always about the 'study group' that he ran or asking him for help studying. If she dated him it would be the most boring relationship of all time. Oh the saucy looks across the library, and the intrigue as they riddled out spells and potions. Oh my.

User Image

Garden of Wisteria

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:27 pm
User Image
User Image

"I do not know everything...why just a minute ago, I'm sure I forgot to put down a spell on that Questionnaire we had in charms. Even worst than that, I've made a mistake in Potions," she said giving Nott a stern look. Internal she was more concerned than her outward face showed, being a know it all was hard work and wasn't made any easier when books and Professors seemed to clash on basic information. It seemed like a never ending battle And one I plan on winning, she thought glaring daggers at the hand holding the book away. For a second she thought about simply summoning the book to her, but then remember even though there were allowed to use magic...that didn't mean outside of class. Which means...I'll have to use force...No, wait try civility one last time.

"Fine, lets chat, but first hand over my book," she said in a calm, controlled voice. She put one hand in front waiting for the book, while she sat rather primly on the bench. She suddenly hoped that Xenos hadn't been walking by when she had been trying to get the book back the other way.Oh, that would be embarrassing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:03 pm
Indala walked into the quad and immediately spotted an open bench.
She put her bag at the end , took out a book on Celtic faerie tales, and laid down on it, taking up the entire thing.
The bench was sun-warmed, and felt nice against her back. She smiled and opened the book, happy to get some time for personal reading.

User Image  

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100

Feverw0lf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:05 pm
First Year Slytherin Student: SaLevera Sykes

User Image

Levera wandered out to the quad. She was glad it was still warm at Hogwarts because she hated wearing those stuffy robes all the time. She picked a bench and sat down to wait for Charlotte. In the mean time she flipped open her book on the American Civil War and immersed herself in reading about the tactics.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:38 pm
User Image
User Image

Charlotte passed by other students, as she stepped off the stairs on to the ground floor, her body burdened with her half an hour worth of research in the small library of Ravenclaw tower. As she got closer to the quad entrance she wondered if she had gotten enough. There had only been two book, she was certain she could have found more, but her time had also been spent on looking for information for her Astronomy essay. She frowned as she thought over the essay, trying to figure out if she should have added more. But I didn't want to be late and it was already half way done. I couldn't add much more to it, she thought stepping out into the quads bright sun shine, blinking. The warmth overpowering the chill that had begun to settle in.

I'm sure my essay will be fine. Right now, I need to Ah! There she is, she thought as she looked for and found Levera on a bench not to far away. Walking over, she smiled, noticing that there was a book in the Slytherin girl's hand. However she was almost sure if was a book on potions. Smiling despite this, she said, "Hi, Levera. Sorry I'm a touch late. I was finishing off my astronomy essay."

Taking a sit beside the girl, she placed the book down on her lap and smiled as she opened one up. She flipped through quickly, stopping at a page she had marked with a piece of paper. Opening it she turned to look curiously at Levera, "I should probably ask. Have you found anything on the Alihotsy Draught? I've managed to find something on it, like what it is and what makes it up, but I didn't find anything on famous people who wrote it. Though I've heard the library is open, so we might find stuff there...?"

Mellow Magpie

Feverw0lf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:08 pm

User Image

Levera blushed some and pulled the textbook out of her messenger bag. "I only managed to find what little was in the textbook. But all it said what the primary ingredient is and what it does...I was going to go to the library, but it was closed when I went to look. I think it may be open now if you want to head up there. I checked the place out. There's even a work area we can sit at." Levera pointed to the spot in the textbook. It was in a small appendix in the back. There was only a short paragraph and a small sketch.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:18 pm
User Image
User Image

Charlotte nodded slowly. She had heard as much from those she had passed along the way here. The older students seemed eager about it, but it made sense since the library was the only way for some of them to get information for all the paper they were getting drenched with."Well, then," she said closing the book and the collect the other. "how about we head over then? I want get this essay over with before dinner...and that work area sounds like a joy."

Standing she looked down at Levera and smiled. She dusted off her uniform skirt, though she hadn't really bothered to keep it orderly. Her shirt was untucked, and while her tie was on it wasn't neat. In truth, she wondered why she had attempted to dust off her skirt at all. Sighing, she continued, "So...Since we're partners I suppose we should get to know each other. Right?"

Mellow Magpie

Feverw0lf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:04 pm
((OOC: Sorry I missed that last post where you mentioned we should get to know each other, MW, I was really sick that week.
Shall we try again now that I'm not high on cough medicine? X3))

User Image

Levera led the way out into the Quad, she sat down on one of the benches a little further away from the caste. "Ok, talk away. Ask me anything, I'll answer to the best of my ability."

~~~~~~
“Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength.”  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:46 pm
User Image
User Image

Charlotte let the strangely warm damp breeze of the Quad wash over her as she stepped out into the Quad. Winter had claimed areas, but it was clear that fall wasn't going to back down and retreat. Well the weather certainly support fall in this case, she thought as she brushed a curl from her face. The sun was up and if the ground wasn't damp with melting snow, she would have enjoyed it like Nott had suggested to her once. Alarming how things change...

Sighing, she turned her attention back to the present. All during the walk up, she had been contemplating what to say to Levera. They had spoken some, but not much and while they knew each other. They didn't truly know each other. Heck! I don't even know if she has ever had a relationship...and it seem very rude to ask that, she thought following Levera to the bench. Settling next to the other girl, she sighed, unsure of what to say. Finally, she took a deep breath and said, "I'm...sure you've noticed...That..um, that Nott and I aren't talking. Okay the thing is that there was a clear misunderstand and I don't want to burden you with all the information or my problems, but I need advice or at least someone to talk to who isn't going to tell me to go and run into his arms and smooch him back...Which is the last thing I want to do."

"Basically," she said as she had paused to catch her breath. "I'm asking...if you would mind being my..."

She paused considering what she needed. She didn't need a sounding board, plenty of people around the castle had been great for that. She wasn't in need of advice per say, she had plenty. As she gripped her elbows and rubbed then it came to her. Smiling she turned to Levera, "I'm asking if you wouldn't mind being my friend."

"Of course," she added quickly, "That means I will be asking the typical questions. Where do you live? What food do you like? Siblings, that kinda of stuff."

Biting her lip, she paused again. Strangly enough, all that had come out of her mouth had seemed far more rude that asking if she had every had a relationship or had a boyfriend. In the hopes of calming that, she said, "I'm sorry if I seem rude, I don't mean to be...Sorry..."

With that she decide her best choose was to button her lips together and decide which section of the Library she was going to investigate that afternoon. Since apparently I can do nothing right with my mouth at the moment. So much for Ravenclaw cleverness...

Mellow Magpie

Feverw0lf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:05 pm

User Image

Levera studied the Ravenclaw girl for a moment she could tell that Charlotte was very nervous, but still it was a long pause before Levera replied. "I was born in Paddington, London. I lived a bit of my life in the Southern united States and then moved to Tibet. I left Tibet and moved to Leicester about six months before the school year started." She tucked some of her hair behind her ear and took a deep breathe before continuing. "I don't have any siblings. My mother died before I got to know her and.....let's just say I'm estranged from my father. "

Levera sat back on the bench and crossed her legs. "My favourite foods are southern comfort food, I'm addicted to fried chicken. And yes, I do know how cliche that is" Levera chuckled a bit at herself before continuing, "I studied sword fighting and survival training before I came here and my hobbies include running and forging swords."

She crossed her arms over her stomach and smiled warmly at Charlotte, "I wouldn't mind being your friend if you can put up with me. And you certainly aren't rude. Your turn to tell me a bit about yourself."

~~~~~~
“Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength.”  
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff