Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
Paved Courtyard ("The Quad") Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:30 pm
User Image
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛
Samuel Meridith

First Year __
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛

✔Age: Eleven
✔Mood: Excited
✔Status: Single

He smirked as Ariana offered her pinky for a pinky swear. "Pinky swears are a big deal to us," he said and chuckled, but took her pinky with his. "I do solemnly swear to remain friends and hang out, even if we're sorted into different houses."

Out Of Character: ...

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:34 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Katrina Varren

First Year ___
╚══════════════╝

Where am I? Paved Courtyard
What am I doing? Waiting with my friends
What am I thinking?I'm glad they don't hate me.

Kat giggled at Chase's comment and nodded. "I guess, unless there are evil upperclassmen." She continued to giggle. "I suppose the upperclassmen will be nice though."

Out of Character ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:37 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
First Year: Unsorted

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana smiled after the pinky swear. Tired of guessing what house everyone will be placed in, she changed the subject. "What classes are you guys looking forward to the most?" Ariana asked Sam, Chase and Kat, thinking about flying on a broomstick on her own.

wearing

((Yay, we're all on at the same time again))

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:49 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick
~ Unsorted ::: First Year ~

User Image

Chase contemplated for awhile, then said "That could be a possibility, considering how young kids these days love pranks." He sounded like an old turtle and even Chase knew it. But it wasn't something he could change so easily, since he never acted quite like his age. "Guess it's our responsibility to snuff out the honest ones from the... Creative ones," he said.

Responsibility, uh? Back in London, his classmates would be sitting at their desks doing homework or something of that sort. No responsibilities, just school, eat, sleep. Chase was offered freedom, an idea alien to all the eleven year olds back at his previous school. Guess he'll just work harder.

When Ariana asked her question, it hit him that he never thought about the classes he would take. All first years were required to take a total of eight classes, with the same schedule and all. "I don't know. That's why I'm planning on finding out once I've had one or two classes," he answered, "But Herbology certainly sounds interesting."

((Yes indeedy~))

User Image

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being.
His heart withers if it does not answer another heart.
His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

Catastrophic Ecstasy

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:57 pm
"Oh, ah, I'm reading it because it's really interesting. And I think I might try to learn more languages because it'll let me read more books and learn more." Elliot tried grinning hesitantly. Then Cheshire let out a nyaow from on top of his hat and he chuckled and lifted the kitten down, now juggling the book and the cat at the same time. "But I don't really make friends easily. I spend too much time reading for that." His fingers drummed on the book's binding as he looked up at the castle.

Then he looked around the crowd of gathering students. It was easy to see that some were more assured of themselves, while others weren't. Most were busy talking amongst themselves, and none looked as nervous as he was. He tried taking another deep breath to calm his nerves as he turned back to smile at Shina and Rue.  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:58 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
First Year: Unsorted

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

"Ooh, I think I'll like Herbology too!" she exclaimed once Chase told her it sounded interesting. Ariana has been interested in plants and flowers since she was little. She spent a lot of time outside in nature environments.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

aliciazee

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:27 pm
viscountknight3

User Image
User Image
Selene Gillette
Unsorted || First Year

User Image

“Indeed it is”, Selene agreed, “But, it’s Hogwarts, it’s the best” she continued with just a bit too much pride for an eleven year-old who hadn’t even begun the term. Selene took note of the girl’s name, not certain if she’d heard it before. If Andromeda was a pureblood, with the pureblood line being stretched so thin, she might come across that name, Yarrow, again in the future. Selene liked to find every advantage possible as early on in the game as she could. She had, indeed learned her mother’s lessons well. The handshake Selene received in return from the girl didn’t surprise her as much as it impressed her, and Selene was not easily impressed. It was evident that this girl had had training on some level. Be it “pureblood etiquette” classes Selene had received from her mother at home or some formal training in a Charms school, she couldn’t be certain. She wondered if this, too, would come up later.

Selene was caught off-guard when the girl began speaking in French. She was not prepared for that, and that, to Selene was simply unacceptable. She did not speak French fluently, even if she did understand it a bit. In this small way, Selene had suddenly lost her edge. That thought brought on a short moment of panic, had Selene bitten off more than she could chew? Selene had to remain calm and use her mind. Even in what seemed a harmless conversation, having the advantage was important and she needed to find a way to get it back, or, perhaps, make it seem as if this advantage did not concern her. No, she decided, she could use this to her advantage. How could being at a disadvantage work for one’s favor? Well, if the person at the disadvantage had been taught by Irene Gillette, they would know. Moments like these, Selene was astonishingly grateful to her mother. After all, Selene’s lessons consisted of many rules and mottos. One such mottow, she recalled quite clearly. “Let your enemy believe they having something over you, then use it against them. Selene had just the thing

“Yes, my Father speaks French fluently, I, unfortunately do not share that talent”, she made a dismissive motion with her hand. Admitting this weakness was hard, but she still had a few tricks up her sleeve. “I understand the language better than I speak it.” Then, in answer to Andromeda’s question about the superiority of France to England, she responded. “From what my Father tells me, it is simply beautiful.”

She wondered if France held some sort of meaning to this girl, so she gave the place this compliment in order to gage the girl’s reaction. She also, by her chosen path, was not at liberty to judge whether the girl was simply trying to be a “know it all” or if she had lapsed into French for some other reason. This was, indeed valuable information and Selene couldn’t help but feel she had made her comback.

“Of course”, Selene acknowledged. Starting the year was exciting and a little enthusiasm was to be expected, though, she remembered the gawking boy from earlier, she would never allow the excitement she felt to have her make a fool of herself. Then the girl said it, Slytherin. Those who wanted to be Slytherin knew of the secret power the house held. They knew that Salazar preferred pureblood. This was another valuable piece of information that Selene would use to inform her study of the girl. Perhaps the girl would make a worthy ally, if she could be kept in check.

“I think we agree on the value of being placed in Slytherin. I, too, have a long family history of Slytherins." In response to the comment of Slytherin being “tainted”, it seemed Selene had a lot to say "Many without a courageous bone in their body might call it a tainted house. The only thing that house is tainted with is greatness.” Selene said, again letting her pride get away with her.

Noticing the girl’s pin, and intentionally attempting to throw her off after making the mistake earlier, Selene asked her a personal question. A question, perhaps, too personal to be considered polite, but, if the girl truly had the manners Selene assumed, propriety would dictate either an answer, of a clever way to avoid answering. Watching the girl struggle would be interesting indeed.

“That a beautiful pin you are wearing”, Selene complimented first to throw her off her guard, “how did you come by it?”. Selene smiled the most innocent encouraging smile she could muster, barely containing her glee at thinking she had caught the girl in a trap.  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:29 pm
User Image
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Rutam gave Elliot a curious glance, then turned it to Shina. "You would make a good Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff, Elliot. You're a very good judge of character, Shina." A giggle escaped her as she watched the boy try to handle his book and the kitten. She took a look around the courtyard like Elliot had. "Wow, I didn't realize how many first years there were..." There were cliques formed all over, though some didn't look like they were friends. "Hey, I think those two are arguing. The blonde guy next to the brown haired boy." 'Fighting already? That's not a good way to start a new school year.' Rue thought, turning back to her group but keeping an eye on the pair.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image
User Image

(( OOC: Talking about Ben and Matt fighting.
Wow, dumb me. I'm sorry Vixen!))

Nova_Cattus

Mythical Shapeshifter

Catastrophic Ecstasy

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:37 pm
Elliot blinked as he finally managed to get his book put away and started petting the affronted kitten, then looked in the direction that Rue was glancing. He let out a weak chuckle before shaking his head.

"Some people just don't get along well. Here in Britain it seems a lot of people are concerned with the purity of blood, which just doesn't make sense to me. Both of my parents came from magical families but they weren't magical themselves, so it's pretty apparent that blood has little to do with having magic." He didn't know if that's what the fight was about but it did seem the most likely reason for a fight this early. "In any case, a fight this early just doesn't bode well. Can you imagine what they'll be like if they get sorted into antagonistic Houses?" He shuddered slightly and shook his head.  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:25 pm
User ImageShina giggled softly. "Mother thinks Western Purebloods are silly. She can trace her bloodline to the Taika era, and thinks that all the Western wizards who are proud of being able to track their lineage for a few hundred years are foolish," Shina told Rue and Elliot.  

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:54 pm
User Image

Steele looked around, not really knowing anyone here. He heard names like Samuel, Katrina, or Ari, but he couldn't place these names with the right person. This was very new to him, being muggle-born and all. Steele just really hoped that he could make friends with someone, or he might as well kiss his enjoyment goodbye. He then looked forward, wondering if anyone would come up to him, rather than him going up to them. He would surely talk to the first person, but no one probably knew that.

Steele was honestly confused. What were they about to do? Why is everyone so excited? The more these questions flashed in and out of his head, the more and more he stared in wonder. He wished someone would just explain to him this opening ceremony, but he didn't know how to ask without making himself feel like an idiot. Now, all he could do was wait...wait for his fate to bring him to the right place. Steele just wished that he knew he was a wizard from day 1, for all his training in lacrosse has gone to waste. He only wished he knew that earlier.

(Sorry guys...better posts and post layout coming...using my phone at moment xD)  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:58 pm
User Image

Joseph Luxton
Unsorted First Year

After helping Juniper and Eretria, Jennie didn't want help, so he put his hand down and followed them into the line on their way to sorting.

As Jennie asked if they were on their way to sorting, Joseph raised his eyebrow. Hmm, she must be a muggleborn. But he didn't disrespect her for that.
"Yeah we are" he simply replied to Jennie.

M i n i R e d S t a r s

King_of_Tarts

Ruthless Man-Lover

9,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:18 pm
User Image

Who's
up for a...

User Image

User Image

Ben had to bite his tongue so hard that it almost bled just to keep from losing his temper. A sly smirk crossed his face. "Do you think I'd risk making a scene?" he asked innocently. "Your pride will only serve as your downfall." he added. "How do you think it'd end up if there were a scene? Would more people side with the prideful stuck up Slytherin to be, or would they side with the innocent boy who is new to this world?" he inquired. Matt may have won one chess game against Ben, but the war was far from over. "You were wrong to underestimate me," he whispered closely to the dark haired boy in front of him. Somehow the cat and mouse game they were playing satisfied Ben.

...little friendly competition?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:51 am
Marko James

I may not fully SEE you....
I may not fully HEAR you..

User Image ````Marko Looked around, liking that his place was more lit. But then he saw that boy. He edged away from him, not wanting to be teased or insulted. He hated when that happened. He looked at his hands, then his wet legs. He wondered if any one would slip on the water he was dripping.
But I KNOW you are there.

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:51 am
User Image

Annabelle Humphrey
Unsorted First Year

Once Mark got out of the boat Annabelle saw him looking worryingly at a boy. Who was it? What had he done?
"Who is that?" she asked him curiously and eyed the boy.
Whoever it was, if he did as much as put a finger on Mark, Annabelle would break that finger off. Well, maybe not, but something close. Kick in the groin maybe.

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff