Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
Paved Courtyard ("The Quad") Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:08 am
User Image
User Image

At first all Charlotte could do was blink and she smiled back. Glancing away, she tapped her finger against her chin as she thought over what to say. As far as life story's go, her was rather boring in her opinion. It wasn't like she had traveled a lot or had done anything interesting like take up sword making as a hobby. Still she had to say something, so she started,"Well, I was born in Crystal Palace, London. I lived there with my mother and on rare occasion my father would drop by. They're story is interesting, but long so I'll cut it short by saying...They were separated. Anyway, my mother works as an editor for a muggle mag and helps a local designer sometimes...Um I don't have any siblings, but I've got tons of cousins and stuff."

"Um...I like sushi. I'm addicted to cheese fries and ginger ale, not together of course, but just in general," she said brushing back her hair. The curls hadn't really moved, but felt like she had to do something with her hair. Sighing she continued, "Anyway, my Dad owns an advertising company, they had ads up for the most recent Quidditch Cup. Though his latest project is restoring a small shop called Scribbulus, on Diagon Alley. It needs tons of work, I spent most of summer there as well as helping my Da with his work."

She felt a buzz of excitement as she remembered all the stuff they had done. Smiling, she said, "I got to meet some Quidditch players, who were doing a photo snap for us. Then we got to watch them play. I joined him when he went to a German broom workshop that had been taken over by a local company. It was cool all manufacture line. After which we had to wait for the company to accept our idea...which takes time as well as check to see if the Daily Prophet has space open for an ad."

"Just to tell you that the Daily Prophet main business is a mess. Paper all over the place, ink floating in mid air, strange creatures all over...it is a mess. I'm surprise they get anything done in there, it is such a wreck," she said leaned back on her palms to look up at the sky. It was almost like a colored pictured. Studying above, she continued, "It was fun and there was so much to learn. I really enjoyed it...If you want next summer I can see if you can join us. I'm not sure if we'll be doing much seeing as my father is determined to actually clean the store he just bought...Oh! Did you hear about the break in Diagon Alley?"

She bit her lip at that. Her mind was scary place, jumping from one thing to another at the drop of a hat. She had in truth just read about it in a letter from her father that morning. She glanced at Levera and gave her a meek smile.

___________________*___________________
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
{{}{Springy 10 1/2 inch, Birch wood with a core of Jobberknoll feather}{}}

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:48 am
First Year Slytherin Student: SaLevera Sykes

User Image

Levera watched bemusedly as Charlotte bounced from one thought to the other. Her animated talking was something new to Levera, but she didn't dislike it. Levera was content to listen to Charlotte talk and just wait for her moment to add in her two pence. "Sure," she said the when Charlotte invited her to spend the summer with her, "I'd love to spend the summer with you, I'm not sure where I'd go otherwise. I'm not sure how much help I'll be though."

Levera also turned to look up at the sky, still listening, but also admiring the natural beauty of the area that Hogwarts was located in. She was glad that Charlotte had so much to say, because Levera wasn't sure if she really knew how to keep a conversation going, but she was perfectly willing to learn. "Break in? What shop?" Levera asked, suddenly glad she got her sword out of Gringotts and stored safely with Yaslana.

~~~~~~
“Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength.”  

Feverw0lf

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:14 pm
User Image
User Image

She closed her eyes to try and remember. Her father hadn't been really been all that interested. He had just been notify her off why they weren't going to be working on the store for the holiday. The vagueness of the letter had bothered her while she had been eating breakfast, but at this moment, she wished her father had share more information with her.

Well no, if the break in was bad enough that my father wasn't sure about taking me to Scibbulus, then... she thought as she reached for her bag. She had gotten a subscription that summer and had taken up the routine of reading it during her evening break. Pulling out her latest Daily Prophet, she flipped through ignoring the front page story of some Wizard Ministry problem with Chinese imported ink.

Ah ha! Found it...Now let me see... she thought reading through it quickly. It appeared that it had been just one of several break in that had happened in the area. Raising her eyebrow, she flopped the paper against her lap as she turned her attention and her eyes toward to say, "Supposedly there have been three different places in Knockturn Alley that have been broken into, the latest one was an flat owned by a 'former' Death Eater. Supposedly nothing was taken, though the whole place was trashed. Personally I don't see what my father is so worried about...it isn't anywhere near our shop. At the same time...It frees me from having to worry about cleaning the dusty place up."

Folding the news paper, a thought hit her, but she shook it off. If Nott ever talked to her again, she would inquire for the time being. She was just going to let it all go. "That stupid boy better talk to be soon or else," she muttered stuffing the paper in her bag.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:32 pm

User Image

Levera cocked her head at Charlotte, "From what I can tell "Death Eaters" are still a sore spot for the wizarding world. I only have a vague understanding of the history, but from what I can gather it's going to be a while until people stop jumping at the name 'Voldemort'"

She watched Charlotte stuff that paper in her bag, completely unsure as to whether or not Charlotte was actually talking to her, but she figured she'd make a comment anyways. "Nott's a young boy going through puberty, he's flitting among everything with two legs that's got or is developing breasts. I would just walk up to him, start a conversation and dominate it so he doesn't get distracted by whatever hormones are raging through his system" She nodded satisfied with her idea. "If you'd like, I'll go with you to talk with him."

Levera cocked her head at Charlotte waiting to see whether or not she liked her idea.

~~~~~~
“Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength.”  

Feverw0lf

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:53 pm
User Image
User Image

Charlotte tried to contain a shiver as she heard the name. She wasn't afraid of the dead man, if you could call it that. She was more frightened of the idea. Books, words, rumors, and even songs had been created in the time after it's passing marking the horrors of what he had done. She was sure that some of it had to be exaggerate. Fables to frighten children and story to remind adults to be wary of the dark. It was logical, it was orderly, it caused goosebumps to pops up on her arm. So long as there is darkness, there shall be shivers to fear to go along with them. I'm just glad that there is no way for them to pop up again...And even less of a reason. she thought as she finished organizing her bag a bit. Closing it she sighing and turned to Levera to find that she caught her muttering.

Which proved to be a good thing, right up in till Charlotte remember why Nott wasn't talking to. Complication like that and his new found romance with Keara made a simple walk up and chat rather difficult to contemplate. If it had been for any other reason, well almost any other reason, but her currently one, plus a few others. Than she would have jumped at the idea. Instead she said, "I'm not sure about that...I mean, it is not a bad idea. It's just that...the situation is complicated."

She ended as she looked down at the ground. Some underneath the bedrock, mortar, and earth was a room in the dungeons of the castle where he was currently. She almost want to jump up and put Levera's plan into actions. However she knew that if she went to him, it would create a vast entity that would have formerly been it own person, would blow up to the size of a small country. His ego would be impossible to live with after that or maybe she was just clutching at straws. Probably a mixture of the two, since Nott ego can grow to big at times...Still talking can't hurt, she thought as she scuffed her dainty black ballet slipper shoe against the ground of the courtyard.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:57 pm

User Image

Levera tipped her head, "I'm not so good with the social aspects of the world, so you'll forgive me if I don't understand why it's too complicated to talk to him." Levera honestly was confused. She didn't completely understand what it was that made a boy act like....and animal around the opposite sex. Nott was being rather rude to his friends by staring, jaw on the floor, at every female that walked by.

She just wanted to walk up to him sometimes and smack him on the back of the head to knock some sense into him. He hadn't really spoken to her since the first week of classes. Levera had been convinced that she and Nott could have become friends....but he was too fickle for that.

Levera stopped her train of thought for a moment. Why does it bother me so much that Nott is so fickle.... she wondered, then shook her head, being at Hogwarts was having strange effects on her emotions....

~~~~~~

Feverw0lf

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:32 am
User Image
User Image

Charlotte glanced around the courtyard as if she thought that there were answers hidden in the folds of shadows or the leaves the rustled and skipped across the grounds. She wasn't sure how to tell it. For some reason, it seemed easier to tell the transparent spirit than the flesh and blood friend. I wonder why that is? she thought and then let out a suffering sigh.

"Well...okay...afew days ago, Nott and I met up as usual to study. Um...after...it was going well, we were laughing and having a good time. Then, I don't...something changed and he...he...he...he kissed me," she mutter the last two words hoping that no one else had been let out early from their class. Shyly she glanced over at Levera, "I d...I don't know it was nice, but I just...didn't like it. It didn't feel right. I guess romance novel have that much, but really I guess...You see I kinda panicked and well short story even shorter...He ran out and I then I ran. Gah! Now the whole thing is a mess. With him ignoring me and my trying to talk to me...I sometime think I should have just gone with it, but I don't want a relationship. I just want a friend. That is it!"

She was now glaring down at the brown grass, as if it was the reason for the current stalemate. In truth, she try to glare through it, down into the shadowy room in the dungeons. Stupid boy! I don't mind his girlfriend, but really stop being a coward and talk to me! Maybe Levera is right, I should go and talk to him and stop waiting for him to come and chat with me, she thought letting out a frustrated sigh.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:03 pm

User Image

Levera listened carefully to Charlotte's story. When Charlotte had finished Levera nodded to herself, then tapped her chin thinking carefully on what to say next. It was hard, though, she didn't really understand all of this relationship stuff. When she was training there was a strict unspoken rule of forget things easily because an enemy one day may become a necessary ally the next. But Levera also understood that the rules of training, don't necessarily work too well in a typical social environment.

"I think, perhaps you should initiate a conversation with Nott in a neutral place where you both feel comfortable. ," she finally said, after a long moment of silence, "There's no reason you should ever have to go with something that makes you uncomfortable if there are other options. I think you should tell Nott how the kiss made you feel, ask him never to do it again without your permission...and then propose that you two strike up a friendship."

Levera looked up at Charlotte, not judging her at all, hoping only that Charlotte would find her advice acceptable.

~~~~~~

Feverw0lf

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:49 pm
User Image
User Image

Charlotte nodded as Levera spoke. Her mind went over the information. It seemed logical, instead of waiting for him. She would take the first step. Still it needled her pride and caused her to worry. If they did get their friendship back together than she might have to deal with Nott's ego again. While she would never tell this to him face, she had enjoyed the days where his ego hadn't been fighting to center stage in all her conversations with him. Then again she didn't have conversation with him, so that explained that. Still there has to be a way for me to meet him and start this conversation...if not in our old classroom. Then maybe... for a moment she allowed her thoughts to drifted a bit trying to come up with a way to get him to be in the same place as was.

Then she felt like slapping herself. She had been so caught up in trying to decided how to make it seem like a coincidental, when she should have focused on just meet with him to talk. Sighing, she rubbed her temples with both of her index fingers, "Now all I need to do is figure out how to meet him in a neutral area. Do you know if he goes to the Library after dinner or does he just hang out in your common room. Wait...wouldn't he be out spending time with his girlfriend," she glanced at Levera hoping she had some clues since Charlotte certainly hadn't kept track of the fool after dinner. She was often off to the Library or her common room depending on whether Xenos had his study group.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:47 pm

User Image

"
I spend a few hours after classes lying out on one of the couches in the common room....I haven't seen him come in except for once.
" Levera looked up to the sky as she thought to herself. "I haven't spent that much time in the library, so I can't speak for there...."

She rubbed thoughtfully at her chin. Come to think of it she could only recall seeing Nott once outside of classes. "I assume he spends his free time with his girlfriend....I can't think of anywhere else I've seen him...."

~~~~~~

Feverw0lf

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:12 pm
User Image
User Image

"Then that only leaves me with the unfortunate task of chatting it up in front of his lovely girlfriend. And I don't think discussing this situation would be...good,"Charlotte said frowning, her brows furrowed in concentration. There had to be a way to meet him without breaking into the happy go lucky air that surround the cheer two some. She leaned back on her palm, as they chilled against the cool stone under her. She let her head loll back so she could look up, above she could two owls happily hooting as they went off bring or send messages at their master's benefit.

Then she blinked thinking it over, while sending notes might seem weird if you send a note to some one you live in the same building. It was even odder to think that she needed to send him a note. Grinding her teeth she tired to think it over, but really a note was the only thing she had. Sighing she turned to Levera and said, "Do you think it would be a good idea to send him note?"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:37 pm

User Image

"Wait a minute!" Levera said suddenly, snapping her fingers. She remembered suddenly where she saw Nott the most. "It slipped my mind at first, because I try not to pay attention to the world when I go for runs....but I sometimes see Nott by the Great Lake. There's a little secluded wooded area there where he practices magic. We might be able to catch him there!
Levera grinned at Charlotte, she was proud of herself for remembering and at the same time kicking herself for forgetting.

~~~~~~

Feverw0lf

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:35 pm
User Image
User Image

Charlotte just blinked at the Slytherin girl a little startled by her sudden enthusiasm. Then smiled back, this answered several things for her at once. One, she had been wondering where he had been practicing. Two, why he hadn't blasted everyone during the test. Three, why Levera was never overly winded from her trip up the Astronomy tower stairs. The last one was just a side note, but still it answered several things.

"Good. Now all I need...Wait, when do you go on your runs?" she asked.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:49 pm

User Image

"I run at the end of everyday. I either jog for an hour or sprint through five miles." Levera grinned, running was a great stress relief and it meant that she wasn't winded when she had to sprint to class or take long walks up stairs.

~~~~~~

Feverw0lf

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:46 pm
User Image
User Image

Yuan sat quietly in a corner of the Quad. He was tired as evident as the dark circles on his pale face. Grog crawled around on the grass attacking the random insects that were around. The third year was still having those crazy dreams, to top it off now he was having other crazy dreams on top of it. Recently he had a converstation with Xenos and knew exactly what his long time friend was going to say. Not a big deal except that everything Xenos talked about he had seen in a dream and not once had the pale boy mentioned any of it. It had made the other laugh but for Yuan it scared him more. This day just sucked.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image  
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces