Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
Paved Courtyard ("The Quad") Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:43 pm
User Image
User Image

🌹 We'll do it all, everything, on our own. We don't need anything or anyone.
                                                            🌹 I don't quite know how to say how I feel. Those three words are said too much. They're not enough.
                                                            🌹 Let's waste time chasing cars around our heads. I need your grace to remind me to find my own.

If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world? 🌹
                                                            Forget what we're told. Before we get too old. Show me a garden that's bursting into life. 🌹

Heather blinked up at her friend as he spoke. She could see how much this was hurting him inside. She could see it in his eyes, clear as day. It hurt her, to see her friend so upset and confused. All she wanted to do was make him feel better. About himself, about this whole situation, about everything. It was in her nature to do so, to want to help those that were close to her. "So you didn't know that he liked you. It's not the end of the world, Dhyl. You'll get through it. I know you will. You're tougher than you look, you know." Of course he would be okay. He had to be.

Dhylan started pulling on his hair, leaving Heather her thoughts. 'He's really torn up about this. What do I do? Everything I say only makes him more upset. He looks so sad and... Is he... Is he crying? Oh no. What now?' She didn't know what to do, what to say. Words just started pouring out of her mouth. "You do fit in, Dhyl. You're Dhylan Nolynn, which is pretty awesome, if you ask me. You just have to find the right people to fit in with, like me. Rem, Ari, Ada, Rom, Ter, Nell... We all love you just the way you are, you know that right? And it is possible to love whoever you want. Maybe you're bisexual, did you ever think of that?" Okay... so that probably wasn't the best way to go about that, but she didn't know what else to say. She just wanted the old Dhylan back. The one that would hide behind his hair when he was embarrassed and had a smile like gold. Was that too much to ask?

🌹 All that I am, all that I ever was, is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see.
                                                            🌹 I don't know where, confused about how as well.

Just know that these things will never change for us at all. 🌹
                                                            If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world? 🌹

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:18 pm
User Image
I burn, burn like a wicker cabinet, chalk white and oh so frail
I see our time has gotten stale
The tick tock of the clock is painful
All sane and logical, I want to tear it off the wall
I hear words and clips and phrases
I think sick like ginger ale
My stomach turns and I exhale

User Image

I would swallow my pride, I would choke on the rinds
But the lack thereof would leave me empty inside
Swallow my doubt turn it inside out
Find nothin' but faith in nothin'
Want to put my tender, heart in a blender
Watch it spin around to a beautiful oblivion
Rendezvous then I'm through with you

Dhylan didn't know what to think. Eun had made it seem like the end of the world that he didn't know, but Heather was telling him to shrug it off. He didn't want to do either, since he knew he wouldn't feel right. Maybe he should just stay middle ground and try not to anger either party. That's how he usually survived. Of course, Heather said he was strong, but Dhylan felt weak and helpless.

The blond began talking about how he did fit in, how he had a lot of friends, but he simply shook his head. She said he might be bisexual, which caused him to look like he'd hit a sudden epiphany. "You're right... Why didn't I think of it? Maybe I'm attracted to both... Or, maybe I'm attracted to neither?! What if I'm asexual?! How will I ever find love?!? Ogod..." Dhyl started pacing around again, mumbling to himself. He really wished this was easier! Sadly for him, he had never been one to handle stress well, and it was usually easy to tell when he was freaking out.... this was one of those times.

{OoC: Part of a plot scene. Snow's on the ground for it, it's mid-late December}

So Cal is where my mind states
But it's not my state of mind
I'm not as ugly, sad as you
Or am I origami, folded up and just pretend
Demented as the motives in your head
I alone am the one you don't know
You need take heed, feed your ego
Make me blind when your eyes close
Sink when you get close, tie me to the bedpost

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:37 am
User Image
User Image

🌹 I don't quite know how to say how I feel. Those three words are said too much. They're not enough.
                                                            🌹 Let's waste time chasing cars around our heads. I need your grace to remind me to find my own.

Forget what we're told. Before we get too old. Show me a garden that's bursting into life. 🌹

Heather waited. She waited for a reaction. Any reaction. Good. Bad. Something. Anything that told her he was still conscious in his mind, that his thoughts still flowed. Perhaps they didn't flow evenly, but if there was movement in that stream of consciousness, then she would be happy. Well, maybe not happy, but she would greatly prefer that to a brain-dead Dhylan. The slightly younger Badger held a certain stare, one that showed that he understood. Had she gotten through to him? Was the old Dhylan back now? Well, from what he was saying, it sounded like he was. This was good.... and now it was bad again. Halfway through his words, Dhyl switched emotions, from understanding to denial, going on about being asexual and not being able to find love at all. He began to pace once again, mumbling something or another to himself. It was starting to freak Heather out. She hated seeing him like this, so stressed and unhappy. The teen approached the taller Hufflepuff, grabbing him by the hand and pulling on it with all her strength. She had to stop his pacing, get him to listen. "Dhyl. Can you please stop pacing and mumbling and pulling at your hair? Please? Just stop and listen, okay? You are a very, very special guy, and I believe that there's someone out there for everyone. Somewhere, there's a person that was meant to be with you. I can feel it. When they'll show themselves is out of my knowledge, but I know they're out there. You will find love, Dhyl. You're already loved by so many." It was true, what she said. Now all she had to do was get Dhyl to believe it too, but that was a battle all it's own.

🌹 All that I am, all that I ever was, is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:21 pm
User Image

User Image

Dhylan kept pacing, quickly becoming lost in a sea of his own thoughts. They were flying in from everywhere, everything to a wedding with a faceless bride to him alone on his deathbed. Would he really die alone?! A light sheen of sweat accompanied the paling of the already fair-skinned teen. Out of nowhere, something took his hand and jerked him, rather violently, from his thoughts. Before he had time to fully register what was going on, he was being told to stop. To stop pacing and mumbling and pulling at his hair. Had he pulled his hair? He hadn't even noticed. Suddenly, he became aware that he indeed had been abusing the ebony locks.

When Heather told him he'd find somebody and that he was already loved, he shook his head hard. "No!" He clamped his hands down on her shoulders, then gave her a light shake, his arms clearly locked with the effort it took not to just collapse on her. "No one loves me, Heather. I'm that weird tall kid that only talks to females because they pity him. Seriously! Prove to me that any one of them love me! It's damn impossible, Hawthorn." His eyes were boring into Heather's teal irises, challenging her. Though, if one were to glimpse past the frightening intensity of his glare, they would see the insecure teenager behind them, desperate to be reassured that he had a friend in this lonely world.

{OoC: Part of a plot scene. Snow's on the ground for it, it's mid-late December PS: Heather gave me permission to shake her a bit.}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:58 pm
User Image
User Image

Well... This wasn't going as well as she had hoped. Dhylan not only freaked out, but he really, really freaked out. He shouted at her, grabbing her shoulders and shaking her entire body. Her head rolled around like she was a bobble-head doll. It was not a pleasant feeling. He started his rant about how no one would ever love him, asking for proof of someone's love for him. Proof? What better proof could she give him other than her word? "It's damn impossible, Hawthorn." Heather stared wide eyed at him. Had he just... He had. He just referred to her by her last name. He wasn't messing around. He was really upset. 'He wants proof? I'll give him proof.' The teen glared at the taller boy. She was done playing games with him, dancing around the answer he needed. The Beater reached up and pushed Dhylan away from her with all of her strength. Now free, she took a step backwards and stood her ground. "Dhylan Charles Nolynn, you will not touch me like that ever again, or so help me I will show you how a real Badger fights. Do you understand me." It wasn't a question. She was not to be handled in that way. She was still a young lady, despite her fierce attitude on the Pitch. Angry teal eyes shot daggers into the crystal blue eyes before her. Suddenly, Heather rushed forwards, straight for Dhylan. Her hands began to rise. Was she about to hit him? No. Instead, the girl crashed into him, wrapping him in a tight hug. He needed his proof, after all. "I love you, Dhyl. Maybe it's not the love you're looking for, but it sure as Hell is better than nothing at all. You are that weird tall kid you described, but girls don't pity you. None of us do. We're your friends because we all love you. Why can't you see that?" For the first time in a long while, Heather clung to Dhylan, hugging him tighter and tighter, refusing to let go. She just wanted him to be okay again...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:32 pm
User Image

User Image

Dhylan looked in to the teal irises he knew so well. He didn't realize that he'd grabbed her by the shoulders until she was shoving him backward. His thin arms flailed a bit, the tall teen struggling to keep his balance. When Heather began to tell him off, his bright eyes darkened. "Do you understand me." That... that was not a question. Not a question at all. With a slight quiver to his lip, he gave a tiny nod, honestly a bit scared. No, he wasn't scared of Heather, but himself. Emotions, thoughts, ideas, and possibilities flew about his head, making the teen feel physically ill.

His eyes widened, then clamped shut as the girl darted at him. Her hands had been raised, so, naturally, his first instinct was to tense up and brace for impact. There was impact, but not what he had been expecting at all. He peeked down to see the blonde squeezing him as hard as she possibly could. His arms quavered a bit as he carefully wrapped them around her. His hands rested awkwardly in the small of her back, holding her close to him. He slumped down a bit, then rested his cheek on the top of her head. She loved him, but not the kind of love he was looking for? What did that even mean?! He nuzzled the top of her head again, letting a few icy tears run down his cheek. Luckily her hat would have prevented the cold drops from hitting her.

"Heather... there's only one... love, except for familial... but...we're not... You... you think of me... as family? B-but... NO!" Why was he fighting this?! He had broken up with her year ago! He'd moved on and everything, developed more crushes and everything... but she thought of him as family?! What kind of family? Brother? Dad? Creepy uncle only allowed to visit on hols? He pulled away from the girl's embrace in a jerking move, then walked several feet away, before plopping in the snow, looking the exact opposite direction of the blonde. It... it hurt knowing she didn't love him the same anymore. No one did! He was right!

Stupid, damnable "love."

{OoC: Part of a plot scene. Snow's on the ground for it, it's mid-late December}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:16 pm
User Image
User Image

ℐirst 𝒴ear ❶ ℳuggleborn ❶ ℛavenclaw ❶ 𝒞haser

Alex trudged through the quad feeling exhausted but accomplished. Ravenclaw had just had a scrimmage to keep fit for the next game, and the mini-team that he was on had won. Of course, not without a few bumps and bruises. The young boy was fitting to curl up in the common room with a book and do some serious relaxing. Not a whole lot of free time had graced Alex since joining the team, and he liked keeping busy, but every now and then it was good to settle down for a bit. Especially after getting wind rash and sore shoulders.

The quad was near empty, except for a few students wandering to and from classes. The next class Alex had was not for a few hours; astronomy. Snore. Something about that class always put the chaser into a snooze fest, even though he loved stars and constellations. The blonde continued walking, growing more and more weary with each step.

❶ OOC:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:56 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Corabell Kiremono~Hufflepuff Third Year~Half-Blood

Corabell cut through the quad, distracted by a dozen things. She wasn't paying too much attention to the nearly empty surroundings until she nearly ran right into another student. "Ah! Oh, I'm sorry!" she apologized. "Alex...ander? Sherwood, on the Ravenclaw team, right?" Corabell asked.

KlutzyChild

Where am I?
Who am I with?
What am I doing?
OOC: (( This is NOT taking place at the same time as Heather and Dhylan's RP. Alexander and Corabell are there a different day. ))

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:53 am
User Image
User Image

The girl's voice and her proximity startled him as he walked; he jumped an inch and relaxed when he saw her. "That's okay," He said with a half smile. Honestly he did need his rest, and people nearly knocking him over wasn't the best thing, but Alex wasn't one to show irritation unless it was really provoked. At least the girl had apologized. And then she'd said his name. Now that was unusual. Not many upperclassmen knew his name outside of Gypsy and a few other second years. Of course, being the only first year starter in quidditch this year must've given him some kind of reputation. This suspicion was confirmed when the girl pointed out his team. It was kind of nice to be recognized.

"Yup, that's my name. And yours is?" The young ravenclaw kept his tone in check, trying to sound as friendly as he could. Her robes were Hufflepuff robes, and since the sorting Alex had come to learn a little more about the badger house. The students of the house were definitely much nicer than some. The boy could think of a few students that could do well with a few detentions. If this girl followed what he'd seen so far, he didn't want to come off as rude. Suddenly conscious of his manners, he stuck out one of his hands for a handshake.

Hopefully she wouldn't mind that he was covered in sweat and grime. Scrimmages tended to do that to the boy. The rest of the team took no heed of his rookie status; they let him have all of their might. It was something he appreciated a good load. It made him feel accepted, which was definitely a first. In an effort to seem less repulsive, the boy wiped his hand on the hem of his sleeve before offering it again, giving another awkward smile.

❶ OOC: ❶

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:05 pm

"Oh, pardon! I'm Corabell Kiremono," Corabell said, shaking the offered hand with no apparent notice taken of the state of the hand or the boy it was attached to. "I'm the reserve Keeper on the Hufflepuff team, and my sister is Shina, your seeker," Corabell explained. She paused, brow furrowing. "Speaking of relatives on teams...any relation between you and the British National Team's Keeper? You have the same last name," Corabell said.

KlutzyChild

Where am I?
Who am I with?
What am I doing?
OOC: (( This is NOT taking place at the same time as Heather and Dhylan's RP. Alexander and Corabell are there a different day. ))

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:19 pm
User Image
User Image

Alex took in the new information with a smile. Shina was an excellent teammate and seeker, and if this was her sister, then Alex wanted to make a good impression. Also, he'd be shooting against her one day if he continued in quidditch. He looked forward to it. "Oh, Shina. She's great." He blinked a couple times, unsure of what to say, when Corabell spoke again. She alluded to relatives, and Alex shook his head.

"I don't have any relatives, or at least none I know of. I live at wool's," He said a bit sadly. Man, the British National Team's Keeper? Alex had never seen professional quidditch, so he had almost no clue that he shared the name with a keeper. The information was neat, but the boy didn't take much notice. There were tons of Sherwoods in the world, and Alex supposed that the orphanage had probably given him his name anyway. This was just a cool tidbit of coincidence. "That's pretty cool that we have the same last name though. Thanks for telling me that." As his hand rose toward the back of his neck, Alex took it down and placed it in his pocket. He was getting better at catching himself with his habit. Though he didn't really like to stand idle.

❶ OOC: ❶

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:07 pm

"Hm. I just was wondering, since you both play quidditch. And...the keeper's full name is Tyson Alexander Sherwood," Corabell said, with a shrug and a smile. "I didn't mean to bring up any unpleasantness. But still, perhaps when you are older, it might be you people speak of when they mention Sherwood on the English team!" Corabell said cheerfully.

KlutzyChild

Where am I?
Who am I with?
What am I doing?

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:39 am
User Image
User Image

Leaning comfortably on one of the pillars, the young professor was stretched out in the space between the two stone columns, looking decidedly very young and non-professor-like as he flipped through the large tome in his hands.

Attempting to finalize a few papers and tweak his lesson plans, Jackson Giovanni cut a different kind of picture against the background, clad in fit denim and combat boots paired with the usual almost-corporate top-- just a little bit tilted from the proper with the presence of numerous gold earcuffs. Absently twirling his pen, the man honestly couldn't decide whether to include the supposed qualities of a pharaoh or not. Too much information? Gah, he didn't know.

Being perfectly honest, he hadn't really expected things to run as smoothly as it had, even for him. It was only a few days in, yes, but it was a nice thought. At least the beginning would be good, if nothing else. Either way, he could definitely see himself staying for a while, if only for the fact that his best friend was here-- but he had a hunch there would be other things.

t h e r e a r e p l a c e s t o be s e e n , t a l e s t o b e h e a r d - - -
c l a s s r o o m

c l a s s
c l a s s i s i n s e s s i o n
n e u t r a l
s i n g l e
o o c: closed~

Rawwry

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:19 am
User ImageUser Image

I see this life like a swinging vine, swing my heart across the line in my face is flashing signs, seek it out and ye shall find...

Company:
                                                Thoughts:
                                                Wearing:
                                                The Feels:

Aubrey walked through the Quad, it was her free period and she had plenty of time, so why not do the thing she did quite well? Mumble sarcastic remarks under her breath? Yes, well, she was good at walking quietly as well. Bree sighed and toyed with the bracelet around her wrist. Maybe she should have worked harder to make friends in her earlier years? She shrugged and looked up, noticing a student leaning against a column. And he wasn't wearing his uniform...Okay, she knew she wasn't a prefect or anything, but was that even allowed? Not wearing your uniform during school hours? Aubrey walked toward him and tapped the boy on the shoulder, "Excuse me, but, uh, you're not wearing an uniform. And, well, that just isn't acceptable." Bree almost smiled at herself. Her first sign of authority over younger students. 'That'll show him...'

OOC: closed~
                                                And I feel something so wrong
                                                By doing the right thing, I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie. Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly...

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:54 am
User Image
User Image

Jackson hadn't been expecting the tap or the small reprimand on his supposed infringing of the rules due to his attire, but he couldn't say he wasn't surprised either. The veela has sort of prepared himself for the consequences when he had agreed to teach, so he was more or less expecting it all.

Still, it didn't mean he liked it.

A dry, slightly ironic smile lifted the corners of his lips as cognac eyes raised to look at the girl who addressed him. A thin brow arched along with the expression. Stretching his leg, the young professor laid down the tome he was reading, looking at the redhead. Ah, a Slytherin. "No, I'm not," he agreed wryly, tone droll and amused. "I imagine it would definitely not be acceptable-- if I was a student, that was," he finished with a smile. It was a common enough mistake, he supposed, and something he definitely expected to come in the future.

t h e r e a r e p l a c e s t o be s e e n , t a l e s t o b e h e a r d - - -
c l a s s r o o m

c l a s s
c l a s s i s i n s e s s i o n
n e u t r a l
s i n g l e
o o c: closed~

Rawwry

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games