Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
Paved Courtyard ("The Quad") Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:59 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ISOLDE BLODWEN _____.___
Third Year, Hufflepuff, Pureblood ________
══════════════════════════ _____

”Urgghh,” Iso threw her head back to the sky and groaned. ”How can I be so ruddy awful at this? This is supposed to be easy!” She huffed and growled and wriggled, flung herself backwards so she was lying on her back in the snowy grass. Flurries of white drifted in the wind, kicking snow off the roof and trees. Beside her, Grimm gave an apologetic hoot. Iso sat up with another groan. ”Alrigh', alrigh', I'll try again, but I'm telling you Grimm, it's hopeless.” The owl turned to preen its feathers, obviously not as invested as the conversation as she was. ”Carpe retractum!” She shot her wand out like a whip, a flash of bright light slung out from her wand like a rope and wrapped around her satchel, she gave a mighty tug but the spell splintered and broke off before she could pull her bag towards her. ”Ugh, again? I blame you Grimm, this—this is all on you.” Well, it was better than blaming herself anyway.

════════════════════
WHEN:: Winter 2042
WHERE:: The Quad
WITH WHO:: Grimm, the horned owl

════════════════════

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:00 pm
User Image
JONAH LANE
RavenclawFirst YearEleven Years OldReserve Beater

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Jonah positively loved the wintertime. Warm drinks, reading by the fire, the entire Christmas season… Today, his sights were set on the snow. He shuffled about in a secluded corner of the quad, shaping and stacking bricks of snow in a large circle while his owl, Circe, rolled on said work and deterred his progress. “Circe!” He huffed at the owl when she flapped her wings, breaking a chunk off of one of the bricks, “That's so rude. Cut it out, would you? Can’t you see I’m trying to work?” He tried to glare at her, but when she tilted her head sideways and coo’d at him, well… It was tough to stay mad at such a cute little thing. Circe hopped over to her owner and pecked at his boots, drawing a sigh from Jonah as he knelt down and offered a mittened hand to his avian friend. “How about this...You can stay in my hood if you behave. Do we have a deal?”

He honestly had no idea whether or not Circe understood a word he was saying half the time, but for the moment she seemed to be feeling cooperative. She practically ran up Jonah’s sleeve—luckily not snagging it with her talons—and dove head first into his robe’s hood. He supposed she must have thought it made for a warm nest.

“Thank you, Lovey!” the boy chirped, picking up one of his snow bricks as he stood again. Carefully, he placed the brick on top of another and secured it with more snow. A work in progress, but the foundation for his igloo had been made, and the rest seemed to be shaping up quite nicely. He really only had to figure out how to make the roof work and craft a proper doorway... He'd been here since they finished up Flying Class this morning--he didn't even make it back to the tower to drop off his things--and only took a break for Transfiguration at Block 6. But if he kept working alone, at the rate he'd been going, he likely wouldn't get this finished tonight much to his disappointment.

═════════════════════════════════════════════

Status
When // Winter 2042
Where // The Quad
With // Circe the Tawny Owl
Feeling // Cold, but Productive
Thinking // I hope none of this will melt by tomorrow if I can't finish tonight...

OOC:
I hope you're up for snow forts? <3

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Hm, a curious mind, an adventurous spirit!
Oh, you could do so well in so many places, my boy
Legacy or not, I see you going far
But, let's see then... I think, for you, it'll be

Ravenclaw!

Trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:45 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageFirst Year SlytherinUser Image
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera ran outside after classes, having seen Jonah trying to make an igloo while she was outside for classes. She wore her favorite clothes, those that were warm and fluffy, and allowed sweaters. She even got a cute sweater that held the Slytherin Emblem on it to show house pride. She slid on her gloves, and from a distance made a snowball. "Wingardium Leviosa," she said, and floated the snowball to just above Jonah's head, then she released her spell, the snowball aiming for his head.

This, was her current way of announcing her presence without using a quill or anything pointy. During the fall it had been any leaf on the ground she could find, and it would just sit on whoever's head. She hadn't quite gotten to what she would do in the spring yet.

She walked the rest of the way to Jonah and fell backwards into the snow, away from his igloo. "So, whatcha doing Jonah? and why aren't you using magic to do it?" She grinned, she knew he was making an igloo, but at the size and rate he was going, without magic or a friend he would never finish before dinner.

▬▬ "Within each of us is the capacity for both good and evil." ▬▬

Where: The Quad; first year; winter 2042
With Whom: Jonah
Thinking about: Snow!
Vespera Description: Short 4' even, blond hair, green eyes and slight tan.
Wearing:

User Image

OOC:

_____

trickblues

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:46 pm
User Image
JONAH LANE

Jonah was humming happily as he worked, so focused he was left completely unaware of Vespera’s presence until a bomb of cold, cruel snow descended upon his head, causing him to practically jump out of his skin in surprise. “Ves!” He yelped without looking away from his igloo, fully aware she was the culprit. He’d been through this routine enough already the past few months to tell. First the leaves, then snowballs… What in the world would she use in the Spring? Pebbles? Dandelions? Easter Eggs?

He finally turned to her when she made her way over, a grin tugging at his lips as he watched her unceremoniously drop into the snow. She was so silly. “Circe and I are making a fortress!” He exclaimed, pounding his chest proudly with his fist while Circe popped her head out of his hood to peer at Vespera over Jonah’s shoulder, “Any self-respecting magizoologist needs a place to research. Newt Scamander had his magic briefcase, I have… This igloo.” Jonah wiped at his red nose with the back of his mitten, hoping to bring some warmth back to his numb face. He was definitely going to get a cold once this was all said and done. Not like he minded, of course. These were the hazards of his work. “And I’m building it because it’s fun! I told you before, didn’t I? I like the sense of accomplishment without using magic. I’d be a lot further along if it weren’t for Circe being so cheeky…” He side-eyed his owl, who hooted in response, before returning his gaze to Vespera. “What are you doing? Making a snow angel?”

Status
When // Winter 2042
Where // The Quad
With // Vespera
Feeling // Amused
Thinking // She's so silly.

OOC:
Stefan Lee Salvatore

Ravenclaw!

Trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:41 am
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

"Oh, hello Circe, Are you enjoying yourself inside of there?" Vespera said as she gently stroked the owls forehead. She then frowned at Jonah wiping his red nose on his glove, it was disgusting, "You know, if you weren't so against magic assistance, you could have gotten a warming charm put on your clothes. At this rate you're going to either die of frost bite or you're going to get sick and miss classes for a week." She shook her head at his comment about his research place, she thought to herself, it's going to melt before the summer, or be knocked down...with him inside of it.... She didn't share this thought, but grinned as she continued to answer him, "Clearly, sir who wishes to be sick, I am making a snow imprint of your favorite first year, blond, Slytherin."

She carefully sat up, trying not to disturb her snow print, and began making blocks for Jonah's igloo (using magic to bring a pile of snow closer to them, but using hands to make the blocks as to not defeat Jonah's pride). She didn't ask if it was okay if she helped, she just figured he'd like to be done sometime today. "How are we making the door? and the roof? I've seen these things before, but I've never understood how people make them acceptable.

Wearing:

User Image

OOC: I had a post, left it and forgot to submit. Went to submit and it logged me off gaia and had to retype it D:

_____

trickblues

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:14 am
User Image
JONAH LANE

Circe coo’d, happy to receive pets from her comfortable hood nest. It’s been a good day for her.

Jonah, on the other hand… His jaw dropped at the mention of a warming charm. He hadn’t even considered that an option! How could he be so stupid? He was mentally slapping himself for that one, but he didn’t want Ves to think he was that reckless… Except, he absolutely was, and he was painfully aware of it. Judging from his brother, things would only get worse as he got older. “Uh, well… I’m working on building up my natural cold resistance…?” He responded quietly, shyly pulling his Ravenclaw scarf up over his face to hide his embarrassed flush. Best to change the subject before she catches on.

“Anyway, who said you’re my favorite?” He grinned, a teasing tone in his voice as he moved to his backpack to pull out his camera, “There’s plenty of first year, blonde Slytherins about.” He managed to completely disprove his argument by snapping a photo of Vespera making blocks, her snow angel beside her. What could he say? These would be cherished memories when they’re older. He wanted to save everything.

Shoving his camera and photograph back into the bag, he moved over to her and plopped down sitting pretzel-style into the snow and began crafting more bricks as he began explaining his game plan. “Well, when making an igloo you want to keep each of the bricks at a sloping angle inwards… My brother Rion and I only ever made one once, but... I think I’ll have to actually get in the igloo and place the roof from the inside. And then carve air vents around the perimeter to prevent buildup of CO2. From there, you carve out an entrance from the inside, and you use that brick as the roof of the entry… Then you just build the arch and secure it all with more snow!” It shouldn't take that long, he supposed, especially with the second pair of hands helping out. They might even be able to finish before dinner, so long as Circe didn't try and hinder their progress again.

Status
When // Winter 2042
Where // The Quad
With // Vespera and Circe
Feeling // Embarrassed
Thinking // A warming charm... Why didn't I think of that?

OOC:
Oh no! D:

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Ravenclaw!

Trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:24 am
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃

"You forgot about warming charms didn't you? You, a Ravenclaw, so full of knowledge, forgot common sense." She laughed at his remark of building up cold resistance. If she had known how to cast one herself she'd help him out, but as it is she did not know, she would have to try to convince an upper year to show her one day. She frowned, trying to think of another Blonde Slytherin, who else was there... she began to worry, she had began to forget her own classmates names, by time the summer hit she would forget everyone's names... she hated names. She laughed at his taking pictures.

"This sounds like a lot of work..." she trailed off, but she would help him, because frankly she didn't want him getting sick. it would be inconveint for one of her only friends to miss classes. She continued making sticks, while also plotting at what point it would be acceptable to knock over the igloo... maybe before he finished the roof.

Wearing:

User Image

OOC:

_____

trickblues

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:03 pm
User Image
JONAH LANE

“Oh shush, it’s not like either of us know a warming charm anyway,” He stuck his tongue out at her defiantly, finishing one brick and placing it off to the side before crafting another. Just a few more before they could go ahead and finish the roof, he estimated. He hoped he wouldn’t do anything to accidentally knock it all over…

“I prefer the cold weather anyway. When we’re done with this, we can just pile on some blankets and get some cocoa and it should be fine. If it were Summer, though… Well, we’d just be hot and sweaty and gross. Can’t do much about that.”

He glanced over to the Igloo to check their progress. The bricks were stacked high enough it would be difficult for him to get inside to finish the roof without messing it up… "Maybe we should just go ahead and carve out the entrance…? Might be our best bet at this point. It shouldn't take that much longer though."

Status
When // Winter 2042
Where // The Quad
Feeling // Productive
Thinking // I hope the snow lasts a while.

OOC:
Stefan Lee Salvatore

Ravenclaw!

Trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:17 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃

"You should be the one to make the door, I don't want to be the one to accidentally make the entire thing collapse, especially after all your hard work," Vespera told Jonah innocently. Once he was done building the door and was inside she had her plans to destroy the igloo, or at least fill the inside up with snow. "Did you say cocoa? and blankets? How about coffee? Oh my Jonah! That'll be wonderful! Let's hurry, it'll be great all the warm and the fuzzy!" She smiled hugely, fuzzy and warmth were some of her favorite things. She especially couldn't wait to get inside... she might even wait to destroy the igloo tomorrow just so they'd go inside. If I collapse the igloo, Jonah might want to stay out all night and rebuild it... she thought to herself, frowning, she didn't want Jonah, or herself, to stay outside all night, especially when she was looking forward to the warm and fuzzies.

Wearing:

User Image

OOC:

_____

trickblues

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:46 pm
User Image
JONAH LANE

“Oh, sure thing,” Jonah hummed as he finished his last brick. Yes, that should just about do it. He pushed himself back onto his feet and dusted the snow off of himself before stepping over to the side of the igloo where he had a plastic scraper tool sitting in the snow.

Dropping to his knees, he picked up the scraper and used the edge to draw the outline for their entryway before proceeding to stab into the snow to carve it out. At Vespera's excitement, he couldn't help but give a laugh. “Of course, we can get coffee instead! Where do you want to go when we’re done here, then? I could grab some blankets from the tower and we could go to the library, maybe...” Truly, Jonah’s only complaint about Hogwarts was that you couldn’t get into the other common rooms. As far as he knew, there weren’t very many comfortable places to just relax with friends from other houses. Then again, he was still finding new rooms in the castle every day... Maybe Vespera knew somewhere he didn't?

Carefully, the boy pulled the entrance brick out from the igloo, setting it off to the side before he began stacking up the bricks and securing them with more snow to make the door. A few minutes longer and a bit of struggle, and he actually managed to put the roof on the entryway.

“There!” He placed his hands on his hips and grinned, “Looks good, doesn’t it? Just a little more then.” He took a brick and crawled it inside the igloo, only to pause and shove his hand outside to block Circe when she tried to follow. "Oh no, you stay out little lady. You're not messing up any more of this." He crawled back to the middle where he could stand and began working on the dome, poking his head over to look at Vespera. "Ves, would you bring in the rest of those bricks over there or levitate them over please?" He worked on securing his current brick, hoping that he wouldn't somehow screw this up. Coffee and blankets sounded amazing.

Status
When // Winter 2042
Where // The Quad
Feeling // Cold
Thinking // Coffee and blankets really does sound nice...

OOC:
Stefan Lee Salvatore

Ravenclaw!

Trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:21 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃

"I don't think they'd appreciate the liquid near all the books... or blankets for that matter.... let's do it!" She laughed at him. She didn't have any ideas of where else they could hang out, while she had heard some upper years talking about some empty classrooms, she also heard stories of them losing points because they were snogging? She hadn't quite figured all of that story out, nor did she plan on it.

"You've made a very nice door Jonah," Vespera said as she smirked at the perfect opportunity to crash snow into the igloo. He HAD given her permission to levitate them over to where he was.... "Wingardium LeviOsa," she cast her spell with a swish and a flick pointed toward the snow. It was challenging to lift something as heavy as a pile of snow. She held her gaze and focus, until the pile was over the center of the igloo, where she then released the charm, with a resounding thump of snow landing on the igloo and Jonah. Effectively, the igloo walls still stood, just not the dome, or the door, or the empty space of the middle. Vespera started to laugh and walked closer to where Jonah should be, before she then tripped over a pile of snow that had landed in front of her. At this point, she just laid there and giggled, waiting for Jonah's reaction.

Wearing:

User Image

OOC:

_____

trickblues

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:01 am
User Image
JONAH LANE

“Thanks!” He chirped and patted his brick, satisfied that it would be secure. Upon hearing Vespera cast her spell, he snapped his head to attention and followed the snow pile with his gaze ready to grab it, except… The snow was clearly being lifted out of his reach. Uh-oh. “Um, Ves, I think you’re levitating that a little too—Eek!

The next thing he knew, he was half on the ground like a starfish, buried in the cold ruins of his poor, deceased igloo. Well. He’d be lying if he said he hadn’t expected this at some point, but he was hoping he could have at least gotten a photograph… Jonah was at a loss for words, choosing to stare blankly up at the sky and listen for the thump of a body in the snow and giggling from his friend while he collected his thoughts.

This called for revenge.

Jonah inhaled deeply before shouting out his war cry, a monotone “AHHHHH” as he rolled out of the demolition zone—kicking a portion of the remaining wall down and giving Circe an avian heart attack along the way—and dragged Vespera along for the ride, rolling her halfway across the quad. He finally released her towards the middle and rolled over the rest of the way, landing on his back beside her a giggling mess. “You,” he snickered, “You’re such a brat! He grabbed a handful of snow with his right hand and flung it over at her, “You did that on purpose.”

Status
When // Winter 2042
Where // The Quad
Feeling // Oddly Giddy
Thinking // Revenge!

OOC:
Stefan Lee Salvatore

Ravenclaw!

Trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:35 am
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃

Vespera could not stop laughing at Jonah, even with his revenge. She was covered in snow, but it was hilarious, "Me? Destroy something on purpose? I would never! She couldn't keep a straight face while saying any of that though. She took a handful of snow and threw it at Jonah, "We can rebuild your fort tomorrow, if the snow doesn't decide to melt out of nowhere." She hoped that this option would at least calm his frustration with her. SHe held out her hand,
"Come on Jonah, let's go inside until tomorrow. I'll get the hot liquid, you can get the blankets, and we can meet up in the Library. I won't even poison your beverage,"" She grinned evilishly, she really wouldn't poison one's drink, but the thought of it was something great to do on a future enemy....

Wearing:

User Image

OOC:

_____

trickblues

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:17 am
User Image
JONAH LANE

Jonah was admittedly only half listening to her at this point, his focus on the sky above them. When had it gotten dusk? He supposed he shouldn’t have been surprised, he had been out here practically the entire day, but… He sure did lose track of time, didn’t he? There were hardly any stars visible in the sky yet, but Jonah was quick to point out a star to Vespera—her namesake—before he was interrupted by a pile of cold snow to his face. “Hey, there’s—pleh!” He sputtered, propping himself up on his elbows to glare at her weakly, trying hard to hide his smirk to no avail. “Hmmm… No, I think you’ve just about proved that the igloo fortress wouldn’t be secure against any magical creatures… Let alone you. I'll try something else.”

The boy accepted the hand to help him up, taking the time to dust the snow off himself before reaching out to also pat the snow off of Vespera’s head, shoulders, and arms with his mittens. He couldn’t possibly let her go in looking such a mess—the other students might think he shoved her or something, and that absolutely wasn’t the case. He would never! “Mmhm, sounds good,” He hummed in agreement to her plan, “Let me just grab my things really quick.”

Shuffling over to the sad remains of his day’s work, Jonah gathered his scraper into his pack, perched Circe back on his shoulder to allow her access to the hood, and snapped a quick photo of the snowy ruins before shoving both items into his bag and slinging it over his shoulder. He turned back to Vespera, a mischievous smile on his lips. “Come on then, Starlight, mission ‘Warm and Fuzzy’ is a go. Last one to the library is a rotten egg!” He then ran up ahead of her, turning back around to jog backwards, hoping to have gotten some sort of reaction out of the new nickname. “Oh, I nearly forgot, we’ve got to be stealthy about this. Do you have anything to hide drinks in?” He paused, slinking his backpack around so he could reach inside and pull out a flask and toss to her. “You can use this, if you want!”

Status
When // Winter 2042
Where // The Quad
Feeling // Mischievous
Thinking // That name suits her pretty well, actually. I think I'll keep it.

OOC:
Stefan Lee Salvatore

Ravenclaw!

Trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:43 am
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃

"IWould a freezing charm make it harder to destroy?" Vespera half asked Jonah, half only was talking to herself outloud. She smiled at him as he brushed the snow off of her,
"Thanks Jonah." She shrugged at the nickname he created, he had realized that she was named after a star, so the nickname made sense, and she wouldn't throw a fit about it.

She wondered what he was digging out of his bag when he threw a flask at her. She tried to catch it, but it ended up falling in the snow. She picked it up, along with some snow. "I guess this makes a lot more sense. I was just going to levitate a platter of drinks above me and then into the Library...This will be the backup then." She grinned, threw the snow at Jonah, and headed towards the kitchens for hot liquid. The upper years had mentioned the kitchens, but she'd never been there, she was likely to get lost and needed the five second head start she had given herself.

Wearing:

User Image

OOC:

_____

trickblues

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items