Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
Paved Courtyard ("The Quad") Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:11 pm
Who that flyin' in the air? (Who?)
That ain't no flyin’ saucer (ooh)
I'm shootin' webs like worldwide
Man, headed all the way to Yonkers (that's real)
When I say "Brooklyn, stand up" (stand up)
You better just fix your posture

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ƧƖҲƬӇ ƳЄƛƦ ƧԼƳƬӇЄƦƖƝ ¤ ƬӇƖƝƓ 1 ¤ ƧԼƳƬӇЄƦƖƝ ƇӇƛƧЄƦ

Will would have winced at the looks he was getting from Dagrun if he wasn't so committed to the role though it did make him groan internally knowing this was going to be harder than he even planned for. Of course it would be, Dagrun Eide didn't do anything by half and he'd be damned if he made that into any form of a complement. He did however allow an eyebrow raise at her probably possible passable attempt at a pun on his name (he'd heard better and worse from Cian over the years) "Well, if that's how it came across that way to you. I'll admit that occasionally, do and say things that can be offensive in my attempts to be funny but I don't mean any harm." Coughmuchharmcoughhack. When she finally asked about Hogsmeade he wanted to smirk since even with all her bluster and nitpicking she was still curious and he could definitely work with curiosity. Though he did grimace as she mentioned taking shots at first years.

First of all, they weren't even going to be in the small town so strike one, and two he'd long decided that pranking firsties just wasn't worth it. They were too wide eyed and bushy tailed, especially the muggleborn ones. He was plenty a d**k-he was man enough to admit it-but he didn't want to ruin some firsties' school experience. He'd wait until they were second years and mostly used to it. "I've got an identical twin; if I ever need reassurance of how handsome I am I can just yell for Jack." Will commented rolling his eyes, possibly the first real gesture he'd done this whole conversation. "As for what we'd do...I was thinking maybe a good ol' sugar rush from Honeydukes, a trip to the Three Broomsticks, maybe even looking around the music shop? I know Donner plays but it sorta slipped my mind to ask if you did as well, sorry." he wrinkled his nose a bit as if displeased by his own previous selfishness. Actually now that he'd asked, he was kinda curious if she did. Knowing her, it'd be some sort of ancient viking war horn made of elk.

The Forgotten Weasley

I'm like who in here tryna start a riot?
(Woo, let’s start a riot, yeah)
Who in here tryna start a riot?
(Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, let’s go)
Who in here tryna start it?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:50 am
The door slammed loud and rose up
A cloud of dust on us
Footsteps follow down through
The hollow sound, torn up.
And you will go to Mykonos
With a vision of a gentle coast

User Image
ᗪᗩGᖇᑌᑎ
ᖴᒪOᖇᗩ
ᕮIᗪᕮ

sixth year │ halfblood │ hufflepuff

Dagrun gaped at him. "If that's how it came across to me?" she echoed. "Look, I know this all some convoluted prank of yours, but you really need better acting lessons," she rolled her eyes. "I mean, come on, Will." She was pretty sure he enjoyed being offensive. Dagrun didn't consider herself a very prim person, but her irritation with his 'jokes' was mostly rooted in his die-hard belief that he was hysterically entertaining. In reality, he was pretty much just a self-absorbed t**t with too much free time on his hands. Didn't he have homework? Why was he out here harassing her?

She wasn't expecting him to actually rattle off some sort of agenda for their little day trip, as if he'd planned the whole thing out. Now this was just weird. Had he actually put thought into this, even if his end goal was to somehow get one over on her? Dagrun really didn't know why he was so bothered by her. She clearly wasn't the only person to have ever called him on his shite. And it wasn't as if they were in the same house and seeing one another constantly. "Right, because you really care whether I play an instrument," she snorted. "I don't," she added, flatly. Donner had gotten all the musical talent in their family, which made sense, given how creative and energetic he was.

"You know what?" Dagrun snapped. "I want this conversation to be over, so yes. I'll go to Hogsmeade with you. I hope this sick little joke of yours really makes your entire semester. Because it's pathetic that you're putting this much effort into trying to play some trick on me." At least this way he'd have an audience for when she hexed him across the bloody village. It'd be entertaining for her, anyways, rather than having to endure any more of his stupid play-acting and kissing up to her. Seriously, what was wrong with him? She hadn't been this infuriated with someone in years.

OOC:
Yukina101

And a sun to maybe dissipate
Shadows of the mess you made
How did animals in the snow tipped pines, I find
Hatching from the seed of your thin mind, all night?
Brother you don't need to turn me away
I was waiting down at the ancient gate

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 12:35 pm
Who that flyin' in the air? (Who?)
That ain't no flyin’ saucer (ooh)
I'm shootin' webs like worldwide
Man, headed all the way to Yonkers (that's real)
When I say "Brooklyn, stand up" (stand up)
You better just fix your posture

ƧƖҲƬӇ ƳЄƛƦ ƧԼƳƬӇЄƦƖƝ ¤ ƬӇƖƝƓ 1 ¤ ƧԼƳƬӇЄƦƖƝ ƇӇƛƧЄƦ

Will felt slightly annoyed that Dagrun immediately started on about what sort of prank this is and insulted his acting skills which honestly, duh they sucked he never actually had to try this hard with anyone else. Forgive him that other girls weren't literal sticks in dragon dung. "There's no prank," was all he commented, maybe a tad churlish, with another roll of his eyes as he wondered if he would have to concoct a new plan for this. Just because there wasn't actually any form of prank in play didn't mean he didn't have something on the line; a bit of pride, some credibility, and maayybbee a little money. But even without the money he'd still think it was worth it, it was the principle after all. Not knowing how to answer her remark about if he cared he merely just shrugged awkwardly (only about half of that was fake) but wasn't all that surprised to hear she didn't play an instrument. That sounds like fun for the sake of having fun, can't have that. What really threw him through a loop was when she suddenly exclaimed that she would go to Hogsmeade with him, if only for the conversation to be over. Will paid little attention to whatever else she was saying (sick little joke, he's pathetic blahblahblah) as he was filled with elation that with as much s**t as she gave him it still somewhat worked. At least he knew what not to do the next time. "I'll take it. It just means I have more time to prove how wrong you are." he responded with fake cheer before turning to leave. It was only after he turned that the full gravity of what just happened fell down upon him. He had just asked Dagrun to Hogsmeade and against all the aligned stars in their solar system, she'd agreed. As much faith as he had in his charm he hadn't actually believed she'd ever say yes! Maybe agree to let bygones be bygones but this-! Freaking hell he had some planning to do.

The Forgotten Weasley

I'm like who in here tryna start a riot?
(Woo, let’s start a riot, yeah)
Who in here tryna start a riot?
(Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, let’s go)
Who in here tryna start it?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:56 am
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
fourth year || Slytherin || muggleborn
Daily Dragon writer || Language club || Quidditch Announcer

”Thanks, I’ll be going first then. Good night, Jona—uh Lane.” August took his leave of the Daily Dragon room a little earlier than his usual 21:00. He waved goodbye to the Editor in Chief, then gave Rhea--who seemed to like hanging out with her brother here a lot?--a nod. "I'm headed back to the Common Room after an errand, Rhea, so see you in a bit." With that, August was off from the room at a brisk pace. But as he walked, he let his mind wander.

Fourth year was going remarkably well, August had decided. The highlight, of course, was being Managing Editor for the Daily Dragon. If Middle Lane had any ulterior motives, they certainly weren’t apparent yet— every editor meeting thus far had been productive, efficient, and insightful. They didn’t agree on everything, but August had correctly identified Lane as a good writer to begin with and was recognizing that middle Lane did indeed have some sort of Orion Lane’s … charisma? In any case, August was learning a lot, and having a good time.

His second year mentees seemed to be doing decently— Aidene had actually read the Dueling Tactics and Potion and Pastries he’d recommended? And then applied it? He felt like he was slowly building rapport with Eion as well— and the child was evidently holding true to his Rising Star Duo in the Daily Dragon. Wren… well, Wren was a headache he was going to ignore today.

OWLs prep was going very according to schedule, and his classes this year were somehow all genuinely interesting and perfectly stimulating (even while Herbology was never his best subject, he hadn’t even near-killed a plant yet this year!) Quidditch announcing was fun, Language Club was fun,— he was probably having too much fun, but Jeremy seemed to think he was just “finally gaining confidence” and Ferdie had practically glowed in his last letter (Said letter might have been framed and was hanging over his bed.)

And to top it all off, all the doki-doki nonsense seemed to be settled down. Sonora was dating Kam Hepburn—an excellent match, by the way, he couldn’t have done better himself— and not nearly as distracted by Middle Lane who seemed too busy to be making much trouble. Vespera was still diligently and very admirably at her studies. Aside from a stunt with some seriously fatafati glasses, Aeryn seemed great. And even Lizzie seemed to be back to her usual hurricane existence after an early clash with Knapp.

Speaking of Lizzie, she was late. August looked around, but the Quad was remarkably empty, particularly of Lizzie. It was then, of course, that he realized he had been followed on his detour. “Lumos.”

setting Daily Dragon Room >> Quad, 7 December 2046 || with A not-Lizzie follower.
wearing A sweater, jacket and Slytherin scarf +glasses || status Fourth year is good.

Mentors referenced with permission. ^_^

”Trickblues"

User Image User ImageUser Image

As a child you would wait
And watch from far away
But you always knew that you'd
be the one to work while they all play.
In youth, you'd lay
Awake at night and scheme
Of all the things you would change
But it was just a dream

"Warriors" by Imagine Dragons, from League of Legends, cover by Caleb Hyles.

addaellis

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:08 am
User ImageUser Image
Show the world you've got that fire (fire)
Feel the rhythm getting louder
Show the room what you can do
Prove to them you got the moves
I don't know about you,

User Image
Halfblood | Second Year Slytherin | Thirteen Years Old
Quidditch Announcer | Reserve Chaser | Music Club | Dueling Club | Fencing Club
Dec. 7, 2046 Courtyard With: August, Formerly Jonah
Wearing: Tank Top and Skinny Jeans with ankle boots and a pink cardigan sweater. An old necklace and new earrings. Status: Walks with Crushes and Dreams of Snow

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

“You don’t want to go tonight?”

“No,” Rhea replied airily, idly watching Jonah clack away on his typewriter a mile a minute from the seat beside him. “I’m taking a rest day today… Kind of dull, though.” She flipped the page of her manga, propping her chin up on the back of her hand as she returned to her reading. It was a new shoujo she had borrowed from Aidene about a spoiled rich girl who found herself living in a bakery working under a former servant, and presumably falling in love. “I miss our movie marathons.”

“Good, you should take a break. You’re gonna get sick pushing yourself so hard one of these days.” Jonah paused his article to give his sister an affectionate ruffle of her hair as she mentioned their old birthday tradition. Since their birthdays had both landed in the school year, they hadn’t been able to properly celebrate the last five years. “Me too. We’ll have one as soon as we get home though, okay? Just be patient a couple more weeks.”

“Hmm, alright…”

Rhea’s attention shifted when August finally spoke up, talking about leaving a half hour early for an errand back in Slytherin. That was odd, wasn’t it? She had spent nearly every Friday night with the two of them since First Year, always waiting on Jonah to join her for an evening jog before curfew. There wasn’t a single time she recalled that August had left before them. ‘I wonder what kind of errand…?’

“Okay. See you tomorrow.”

Curiosity getting the best of her, Rhea began to pack up her things as well. “I’m going too.” She swung her backpack over her shoulder, then leaned over to give her brother a peck on the cheek. “Night, Jonah! Thanks again for the earrings.”

After parting with her brother Rhea had been quick to catch up with August, just down the hallway. “I’m coming too, okay?” She informed him casually as she strolled up beside him, only to frown when he didn’t respond. In the candlelight of the halls, it looked to her that August had already gone off to his own little world and hadn’t even noticed her. She guessed that was fair—she wasn’t exactly loud about it, the quiet evening corridors giving her the feeling she should keep her voice down like the library. Deciding to leave him be Rhea drifted into her own thoughts, perfectly content to walk in silence beside the boy she was so fond of until he noticed her on his own. Was this why Lizzie kept calling her his little shadow?

Eventually the pair made it to the courtyard to be greeted by the crisp evening air. Rhea breathed in deeply, the smell of impending snow filling her very being with all things warm and fuzzy. It was especially cold tonight, just as she’d prayed for the whole week before. An early snow was certainly on the horizon, and with it, her favorite time of the year… Besides the Summer, of course. With Winter came days playing in the snow, evenings by the fire, Christmas lights, and lifted spirits. It was a magical time.

The witch, no longer quite so little, was ripped from her Wintery daydreams when she realized she had stopped and let August get ahead of her. Picking up her pace to catch up, she came to a halt beside him once he had cast a lumos, brightening up the immediate area around them and signaling that he was back on Earth. Rhea smiled and opted to take the opportunity to tease him for his spaciness. “So he speaks! Didn’t you know it’s entirely rude to ignore your company like that?” She pouted, twirling a lock of hair with her finger.“This date’s been so boring.” Of course it wasn’t a date, but any opportunity to tease August or flirt a little was one she was happy to take, having grown so comfortable around him over the last year getting to properly know him. A breeze blew, causing a shiver to run down Rhea’s spine and her to hug herself for warmth. ‘Guess it’s about time for proper layers, isn’t it.’

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Addaellis

But I feel better when I'm dancing, yeah, yeah
Better when I'm dancing, yeah, yeah
And we can do this together
I bet you feel better when you're dancing, yeah, yeah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:05 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI

August blinked, which was about as far as he usually reacted. But his voice was more unguarded, betraying his surprise. “Rhea?”

He hadn’t known she was following. Had he simply been oblivious? Oh no, if he had learned one thing in a summer of dance classes, it was to move silently but quickly. He…didn’t. The little ballerina though? The pout was Exhibit 1 for teasing. She had let her presence go unknown. “This isn’t a date,” he corrected immediately, a twinge of miffed satisfaction at his literally just thinking the doki-doki lovey-dovey things were settled. Of course he hadn’t counted Rhea’s ridiculous crush. ”I specifically said I’d meet you back at the Common Room, but you followed anyways. Why’d you follow me out here? You don’t even have a scarf.”

As though to make his point, a mere breeze caused her to shiver. August shivered himself, then removed his scarf and set it gently over Rhea’s shoulders. If he could feel the cold, she was probably more so. He at least was wearing a sweater and jacket. She on the other hand, seemed to be in a perpetual summer. ”Colds start at the neck,” he informed sternly, gesturing for her to wrapped the scarf around her more warmly. ”You should get back inside,” he fussed.

Even August didn’t actually think she would agree to that though, and after a quiet moment between them, he really did feel guilty. He shouldn’t have been all upset at her for following. Not today especially. He sighed a little, more in reassignment and embarrassment than exasperation though. “Sorry. I shouldn’t complain you were curious. If you’re going to be out here, at least stay warm?”. He had his wand up anyways, so he held the light towards her—slightly dimmer to not be too bright on their eyes—”Portare Flamma.”

The spell dropped a little blue ball of warmth into her hands, and he was happy to cast it again if she wanted to hide one in her pocket or something. ”Do you know this spell?” he asked suddenly, realizing he only knew it because Sonora had used it at her ridiculous, no-doubt Lane-inspired, Picnic-in-the-Middle-of-Winter idea.

It was after that short conversation that August realized that they had been standing outside for almost fifteen minutes. Maybe Lizzie forgot. Besides, bluebell flames or not, he didn’t want Rhea catching cold out here. ”Should we head in?”

setting Daily Dragon Room >> Quad, 7 December 2046 || with Rhea
wearing A sweater, jacket, minus Slytherin scarf. + glasses || status Princess needs warmer clothes to be out here.

And watch from far away
In youth, you'd lay
But it was just a dream

addaellis

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:57 pm
User ImageUser Image
I don't know about you,

User Image
Dec. 7, 2046 Courtyard With: August
Wearing: Tank Top and Skinny Jeans with ankle boots and a pink cardigan sweater. An old necklace and new earrings. Status: Warm and Fluttery

Rhea withdrew when August began to fuss at her, folding her arms under her chest and avoiding his eyes. She didn’t think he’d be so upset about her tagging along Why was he upset? “It’s my home too…” she muttered stubbornly, “I can go back if I want to.” Granted, it wasn’t like this was their usual route. Clearly August had made a detour for this errand of his.

A warm scarf was pulled over her shoulders causing Rhea to blush and lift blue eyes back up to the slightly taller boy. He motioned for her to wear it properly and she followed instructions obediently, wrapping the familiar-yet-foreign fabric around her neck until both ends once again draped over her front. “Thank you…” The scarf she was content with; it was warm and smelt vaguely of tea and ink, just like its owner, only amplifying the warm, fuzzy feeling Rhea had been fixated on just moments before with the new addition of butterflies fluttering in her stomach. Being fussed at to go instead, however, was where her obedience fell through. “But I don’t want to go inside.” She stated simply.

The princess perked up when August seemed to resign, only requesting that she keep herself warm. She hummed and nodded, only to jump in surprise when he cast a spell at her. Something blue appeared in front of her and she instinctively caught it, looking down at the little ball of warmth in fascination. ‘Portare Flamma’, he’d said it was. Tentatively Rhea touched the flame with the tips of her fingers, testing the strength of the ember. It was warm, but didn’t burn. Content she wouldn’t then light herself on fire she tucked the fire into her sweater pocket and withdrew her wand from its hiding spot in her sleeve, then proceeded to mimic the motion he’d made and attempted the spell herself. “Portare Flamma.” Sure enough a blue bell of her own creation dropped into her hand and she handed it off to August with a smile. “For you! You should stay warm, too.”

Stowing away her wand again and retrieving her little flame to hold close to her heart, she again nodded when he mentioned heading inside. She had taken a few steps after only to pause, remembering that August had apparently come out here for some sort of reason. “Hey, August? What was your errand? I’m not keeping you from it, am I?”

OOC:
Addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:37 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI

Rhea seemed to shrink when he fussed, and August felt another block of guilt form. This really wasn’t supposed to happen this way. Rhea was supposed to be warm and happy today, and maybe tease him a bit, but he’d hoped for at least a smile today of all days. The scarf…seemed to help? Was that a blush? Not exactly what he’d been hoping for.

He realized only after the fact that he could—again—have given more warning before casting magic at her. Sure she had made bounds of progress with casting last year, but he probably should have given her a few disclosure of the spell and its effects before casting magic at her. He was about to apologize again, but then Rhea surprised him when, after only seeing him cast it once and having beheld the effects of the spell only a few moments, Rhea drew her own wand and mimicked the bluebell flame perfectly. ”Rhea, that was incredible!” August accepted her bluebell with a wide smile— a little crooked, but genuine and completely filled with pride. He wasn’t even going to temper it. He was thrilled with the demonstration. ”Good form, precise wandwork, clear pronunciation, and obviously excellent envisioning. That was outstanding, Rhea. Keep but the good work.”

He tucked her bluebell for him into his coat pocket, so caught up for a moment that he forgot the purpose was to keep her warm. Was he praising her too much? Well, today could be an exception then. ”Very good. I’m so proud of you,” he nodded again, still beaming. Alright. Maybe he had read Ferdie’s extra glowy letter a few too many times lately.

When he finally nodded to go, August was glad she agreed anyways. They took a few steps back for the main stairways before the considerate princess lagged behind again, this time wondering if he was being kept from his errand. ”It’s fine, I think Lizzie just got caught up painting and forgot,” He hesitated answering the main question, leading the little princess in at least just inside the castle walls before speaking again ”Nox. I guess here is fine here.”

He tucked his wand into his bag, exchanging it for two books. ”The errand was just to pick up a proper bag for this after I’d destroyed the original one in Charms today. But either way, this is for you.” August offered the tissue-paper wrapped books, suddenly more nervous than he thought he’d be.

”Happy Twelfth Birthday, Rhea.”

For all the times Princess Rhea had given him things, August the Scribe had only been able to repay with notes or cards and things Aunt Verine made. But he had gotten a stipend (a pretty excessive amount if you asked him) for tutoring Wren that summer, and was eager to repay the generous Princess’s birthday and Christmas presents very year. August thought he’d done a pretty okay job at getting her something special, but it wasn’t really a creative thing. Of course he’d get her books though. He was her mentor—or one of.

“Present:”

Merpeople: A Comprehensive Guide to Their Language and Customs— A very nice edition of the book found in Tomes and Scrolls, with a handmade leather cover and "Rhea Allison Lane" embossed on the back cover. Every page is spelled against water damage and the book is charmed to stay suspended when submerged in water instead of float or sink.
Quidditch Through the Ages—Just a new book.
And poking out the top of the Mermaid book are 5 bookmarks, marked at pages she’s mentioned being stuck at, or where he thought might be particularly useful. The bookmarks made of paint sample cards but with “Rhea Lane: Prima Ballerina Mermaid Princess of the North Sea” written in calligraphy: English (pink), Chinese (red), Arabic (yellow), Cyrillic (blue), and Elder Futhark runes (green). Best approximations of words for non-english obviously.

August started rambling a bit when she noticed the bookmarks. “Oh so I realized I never got your favorite color so I kinda guessed and…made translations. You know, in case Your Highness ends up in foreign waters. What is your favorite color anyways?”

wearing A sweater, jacket + glasses || status Rhea learns fast!

And watch from far away
In youth, you'd lay
But it was just a dream

addaellis

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:55 pm
User ImageUser Image
I don't know about you,

User Image
Wearing: Tank Top and Skinny Jeans with ankle boots and a pink cardigan sweater. An old necklace and new earrings. Status: Positively Stunned

Rhea was positively glowing from August’s praise. She’d been working so hard on her spells, and it was finally paying off! She’d never seen August so excited before. More importantly, she’d never seen a genuine smile from him. It had always just been formal and polite before, which was nice, but this? Rhea wanted to see that smile every day. If that meant she’d have to study that much harder, so be it. It was the best birthday present she could have ever asked for, which was why she had been taken completely off guard when he handed over two rectangular, tissue-wrapped parcels.

“Happy Twelfth Birthday, Rhea.”

Okay, there was something that needed to be addressed as soon as possible, but it could wait. “Y-You got me a present?” She stammered, unsure how to process all of what was happening. Beyond a short while with Brook and Aidene her day had been dreadfully dull, but August had somehow turned all that around in the span of a minute or two. “You… You didn’t have to do that…” Still, it’d be rude not to accept such a sentiment. Carefully removing the tissue, Rhea gave the smallest of gasps. Two books, Quidditch Through the Ages—A classic she’d hadn’t a chance to get to yet—and a copy of the Merpeople text she’d been checking out of the library obsessively in an effort to learn the language with hopes she’d one day talk to a real mermaid. The copy was beautiful! She flipped it over, the heat returning to her cheeks as she read her full name engraved in the leather. ‘I never told him my middle name, did I? Nice detective work...’

Then the Princess noticed the bookmarks. Plucking them from the pages, she examined each one and listened intently to his explanation. Though she couldn’t read all but one, she recognized the alphabets well enough to guess the languages and surmised they all said the same thing. “Th-this is so thoughtful, I don’t…” She didn't know what to say. It was all so sweet, she had to take a deep inhale to keep tears at bay. Her brothers always did tease her for being so emotional. Rhea managed to come out successful however, smiling softly as she focused on answering his question.

“It’s pink.” She answered, “Though I love them all, it’s hard to pick just one. I mean, can you imagine the whole world being pink? That would be terrible.” She kept talking, in a way keeping her nerves in check as she tucked the paint swatches back into their book. “Like, I can’t imagine a world without green grass, or leaves changing, or all the variations in the sky… Have you ever seen the ocean at dawn? The clear blue of the sea contrasting against the pinks and purples of the morning sky and the red of the sun is just breathtaking. There’s nothing else in the world like it! I’d say that’s probably my absolute favorite.” Content she would not shed a single joyful tear tonight in front of August, she hugged the books close and looked back up to him. By the expression on his face, she realized she had been ranting and gave a shy laugh. “Oops! Sorry, I just… Get ranty, y’know how it is…” At least he should have been somewhat prepared for this by now, dealing with her for the past year or so. She leaned down to stow the books away in her bag and as soon as her hands were free, she all but jumped into the boy’s arms, hugging him tightly. “I love them. I’ll take really good care of them forever, I promise. Thank you soooo much!” The embrace was brief. Rhea knew all about his distaste for the ‘Doki-Dokis’ or whatever and intended to respect that. When she pulled away, she gave him a light tap on the nose with the tip of her finger, a teasing grin pulling at her lips. “You really know how to woo a girl, don't you? Though, there was just one flaw: I’m thirteen. Just because you act so much older doesn’t mean you are, you know~” Honestly, did he think she was an extra year younger this whole time? No wonder he hadn’t been taking her romantic pursuits seriously.

OOC:
Addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:14 am
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI

Princess Rhea, of course, was ever so polite, commenting that he didn’t have to get her a present even though she had sent him a Christmas package after one chance encounter. Then there was the fact that she seemed to be tailoring her presents now to snacks he liked. She commented it was thoughtful, and took a deep breath— s**t. She doesn’t like it and is just being polite, isn’t she?

Bu then she was smiling, a soft, sweet smile that touched her eyes. Pink. But then she talked about all the other colors of the world.

”Have you ever seen the ocean at dawn?” He had, but his favorite sunrise had been indigo with a p***k of peach, and a pale gold that shimmered against the waves. But her blues and pinks and purples—that sounded beautiful as well.

Without really knowing it, he was smiling as she described it, not wide and beaming, but fond and reminiscing and well, relaxed.

She gave a shy life and and apologized for ranting — ”Not at all, I liked it” he commented. And then she stowed the present and expressed her excitement. She seemed, actually happy, even giving him a tight hug. Well, whew! He was about the return the hug—an innocent hug was okay— but she pulled away after only a brief squeeze. And then she got the teasing tone to her voice again. He ducked away from there finger and sputtered when she accused him of trying to woo her. ”I did no such—Wait, you’re thirteen? But you’re a second year—“ Nyaka, December birthday.

He frowned. He’d always seen her a quite a years younger, in need of protecting and watching. In his head she was sometimes still the nine-year old who had tripped over her luggage only to tumble gracefully right back into step. If Middle Lane was right about anything, it was that they should not talk about Rhea in the dating sense. After all, she was a princess. ”Well, you are a young little princess, and this scribe is here to remind you that your formative years are for studies, not getting distracted by courtship. That can be for later.”

He pulled a step away again. ”Anyways, you were saying about sunrise on the ocean? Sona likes sunrises too. I’m more of a sunset person, — the deep purples and red are so vivid, and then everything just becomes washed in gold before it eventually all turns to dark.”

The bell tower rang nine and August glanced back for the Quad momentarily. ”Say, Princess, would you care to do another detour and possibly get another present? I’d bet my calligraphy brush Lizzie’s still in the art room and won’t notice until past curfew unless we poke her.”

wearing A sweater, jacket + glasses || status Sunrise and colors

And watch from far away
In youth, you'd lay
But it was just a dream

addaellis

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:54 pm
User ImageUser Image
I don't know about you,

User Image
Wearing: Tank Top and Skinny Jeans with ankle boots and a pink cardigan sweater. An old necklace and new earrings. Status: Courtship and Bets

“Yep! Crazy, isn’t it? If I was just born a few months sooner and you a couple weeks later, we’d be in the same year.” Rhea grinned, perfectly amused by August’s little blunder. ‘So cute.’ Certainly there would be no more treating her like a little kid after today, right? Of course as they began walking once more, August had to go back on the princess shtick. She was young, studying was more important, courting was for later… ‘Later?’ Now there was progress.

With a dramatic sigh, Rhea leaned over to bump her shoulder against his. “I suppose you’re right,” She finally agreed, “We have all the time in the world. But later, hm? I’m looking forward to it.” Rhea had a feeling “later” meant two entirely different things between the two of them, though. For August he probably meant forty… In Rhea’s case, she was thinking more along the lines of fourteen.

The ballerina listened as her crush continued on about sunrises and sunsets, perfectly content with the world. This has turned out to be a pretty memorable birthday after all. “That sounds nice too…” She hummed. If only they could have caught the sunset this evening.

Rhea looked up as the bell tower rang, signaling just a short hour left before curfew. August asked her if she’d like to join him to find Lizzie and she gave a nod, slipping her hand into his and smirking mischievously. Of course Lizzie was in the art room, but she wasn’t about to just ignore a wager. “I’ll take that bet. If you’re right, you can have my favorite Venus pen. And while we’re at it, I’ve been meaning to add a bet to that box of yours.” Thanks to Lizzie, she knew all about the little box of ongoing bets between August and his friends.

She let go of his hand as quick as she grabbed it, skipping up ahead of him and spinning to face him with a look of utter determination. “I, Rhea Lane, bet you, August Li, my hand in marriage that I can get you to fall for me by the time you graduate.” She held his gaze for a moment more before smiling, twirling back around and starting on without him. “If I lose I’m certain we’ll still be the best of friends at least, so how about free dance lessons for life? Liz told me you’ve been paying for them. I’m a little offended that you didn’t ask me first, if I’m being quite honest. I hope you’ve been practicing, ‘cause I’ll be issuing a pop quiz before you know it!” She glanced over her shoulder as she neared the castle walls, giggling. “Well? Are you coming or what?”

OOC:
Rhea's Favorite Venus Pen: [x]
Addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:51 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI

Two years apart, August had to remind himself as Rhea noted that had their births been only slightly different they would have been in the same year. He glanced over at her bump on the shoulder and mentally chastised himself for not being precise and...shutting down this train of thought entirely? August tried very hard to maintain some semblance of professionality in this relationship, which was entirely impossible with Princess Rhea’s entirely-too-obvious crush. He...should probably try harder to rebuke her. But today at least, being the young girl’s birthday and such a pleasant evening thus far, he opted for nothing but a mild hum of resignment.

He was a little surprised when Rhea took both his hand and bet-- He hadn’t meant it quite so seriously, and what was this about a Venus pen? Venus = Aphrodite = Is she still on the doki doki things? The uncomfortable feeling grew when the “Bet Box” was mentioned: that entire box was a series of very fiscally irresponsible blackmail. How had he justified it for himself that night? Entertaining Friends? Calculated Investments? Teenage rebellion? Swallowing that memory, August maintained an even expression as Rhea proposed her bet: ”Very well then, let’s hear your wager.”

“I, Rhea Lane, bet you, August Li, my hand in marriage that I can get you to fall for me by the time you graduate.”

Lizzie. Once the dance thing came up, August knew exactly who had told Rhea about everything-- she was the only person he’d admitted to taking ballroom dancing classes. He wasn’t even sure Sona knew about them (although knowing the involvement of Sparrow, he wouldn’t be surprised). He sighed audibly. The bad feeling was basically panic throwing a party at the back of his head.

”To be fair about the dance thing, the classes only happened because my cousin Sparrow put ‘not looking forward to running’ and ‘a friend who does ballet’ together to mean ‘Tanzizi wants to take dance classes over the summer” He said, trying to lighten the tone. Confident that his voice and face weren't betraying panic, he continued. ”Rhea, please reconsider. Say I do fall in love with you but you don’t want to be married to me at the end of this? A less honorable man might use it to tie you into a lifetime of regret. And as we discussed, our time before graduation should be for studying, not courting,”

He stood next to her by the doorway, raising an eyebrow at the younger girl. ”As flattered as I am, please reconsider your wager, Rhea. Your marriage is not something to throw on a betting table with anyone, for any reason.”

Thankfully, Rhea seemed to be willing to and he relaxed. "Good. Then let's find Betsy-Kaye and get you another present." And talk about telling little secrets.

wearing A sweater, jacket and Slytherin scarf +glasses || status Wagers and dances

And watch from far away
In youth, you'd lay
But it was just a dream

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:17 pm

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

second year || Slytherin || halfblood
Art Club resource || Daily Dragon writer || Quidditch reserve || LARP art historian

”Oh darling, what is this? I told you, you really didn’t need to go through the effort.” Echo said, voice dripping with disdain as she looked over Dominik’s potions report. The first sentence had been...well...words, once she made out the scrawl. ”Just...sit there and look...well, watch, alright dear?” She eyed the crumbs on Dominik’s uniform. She couldn’t even honestly ask the silly Hufflepuff girl to look pretty.

Actually, now that she thought about it, Dominik's writing wasn’t that bad. Aside from the messy handwriting, the content was organized sensibly, and she had actually managed to come to the same conclusion as Echo herself. She didn’t explain it as elegantly or concisely of course, but it made logical sense. And come to think of it, Dominik had accurately crushed and measured out the ingredients last class. She had been…competent not-useless as a potions partner. But admitting so now would be embarrassing, so Echo just kept her smile and found something to pick on. ”Hon, Wiggenweld has two gs.”
-----✩✩★✩----

”Just leave it to me darling,” she said as they left class. ”I’m sure your time is better spent polishing your History report.” The history report hadn’t been particularly hard-- Echo herself had been done for nearly a week and was just reading ahead now-- but it was the first assignment Echo had thought of.

With that parting glib, Echo headed from class. Lunch was in the Great Hall now, but she wanted some air before that. She headed out to the Quad and took a deep breath of the clear spring air. She found a quiet spot along the portico and pulled out her sketchbook: Echo had been working on an original dress design. It was...well...it was going okay, but she was struggling to find a way to come up with a truly original vision. She had collected and pinned a bunch of material samples and magazine clippings to a page for inspiration and reference-- she could feel she was close! Maybe if she just stared at it all a little more, it’d just click!

setting Quad, early April 2055 || with Alone for now
appearance 4’9”, slim || wearing uniform
status If I could just figure this out....

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
You sit upon your throne of filth
Condemning what you haven't built
So hate me cause you're standing still
Watching while I shoot to kill
I live this
I breathe this
You crave it
✩★
~"Reincarnate" by Motionless in White

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:41 am

✌ Chadwick ✌ Knapp ✌
Seventh Year Slytherin
Quidditch Beater ✌ Dueling Club Captain

▬▬"If you don't expect to like someone and then you do, that's an incredibly exciting moment."▬▬

Dominik was bawling. Chadwick hadn't meant to run upon his younger sister, but she was sitting in the dueling room, and he was going to go set up for the next week's dueling club. "What's wrong Dodo?"

She looked up and whispered, "I'm partnered with Echo Wellbelove in potions and she's just. always so awful. I know I did an excellent report in potions, but she just trashed it, and said I should be working on the history report. And this isn't the first time she's been like this! It's just. She's the worst and I'm done."

Chadwick wrapped his sister in a hug and kissed her forehead, "It'll all be okay Dom. Before you know it you'll move on to a new partner in potions." He stayed with her until she was happier, and then sent her on her way.

Chadwick though, had other things to plan.

---✌✌---

Chadwick wasn't going to listen to his little sister cry anymore. He wasn't going to hurt little Echo, fighting 12 year olds was not advisable. He could however, scare her a little. He thought about being Cenek, using his head boy power, but that could more likely backfire than a little threat. He looked through the lunch hall for the girl, but didn't see her... or her sisters. Maybe the girl was somewhere else. He went outside and it was his lucky day, there was one of the girls outside. He went up to her and saw her working on a sketchbook, "That looks pretty good, it looks like it's almost done. Is this what you like to do for fun?" He knew all the Wellbeloves were super into fashion, something about their mom being a fashion person, it was all pretty dumb. He smiled at her and knelt down next to be eye level, "Would you mind sharing what else you have?"

With the snotty attitude he knew these girls had, he figured he would know which of the three she was pretty quickly, and even better she would get annoyed with him being interested in her work, and would probably want to know what he wanted. Which would lead to the next step of his plan of revenging Dominik.

▬▬"The real question I guess is - do I deserve you?" ▬▬

Where: Outside
With Whom: One of the wellbeloves
Thinking about: Small threats.
Description: 5'8" blond teen with blue eyes

addaellis

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:37 am

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

second year || Slytherin || halfblood
Art Club resource || Daily Dragon writer || Quidditch reserve || LARP art historian

Maybe if she used a lighter material, she could get the desired fluffliness. Or maybe there was a charm that could add volume to the skirt without it being too much. But would it keep with the stitching she wanted. What about…

Echo’s pencil scribbled a few more lines down. No. That wasn’t it. She tried tracing the picture, but it just wasn’t looking right!

A voice interrupted her frustration. It was a senior student, showing interest in her work? He offered a compliment. “Thank you,” she replied with a smile. “I’m just getting started though. Just brainstorms.” It was partially a lie. Usually, she would take her clunky sketches and talk it through with Harlynn before communicating it to Milan for an actual mock up. But she was trying to do this design on her own. Echo knew her sketches were terrible. Compared to any of her quadruplets, her sketches were toddler-scratches. There was a reason her social media carefully avoided her sketchbook, aside from recolorings she had painted over or the like. Still, she wasn’t familiar enough with this senior student to admit all that to him or contradict him if he was going to say it was nice.

“Certainly.” Echo Angharad flipped her sketchbook to a few pages with her completed recolorings, pasted tracings with slight modifications– her presentable work. As she gave him time to fully appreciate her actually decent work, she turned her full attention to the senior student. He was wearing a Slytherin tie, and looked quite a few years older. He looked…familiar. It took a moment before remembering that she’d seen him talking to Landon before. “Oh. Mr. Chadwick, was it? Yes, there’s so very much to absorb when it comes to fashion. There’s always more to learn or understand.”

And evidently not everyone had the patience or wisdom to learn it, she noted. Like sister, like brother. Unfortunately.

Echo didn’t mention that she barely had time outside of Art Club to actually keep up with the state of fashion. Managing all the homework they had with Quidditch practice and club meetings was challenging enough, not to mention her Daily Dragon responsibilities and extra studying. After all, she was Echo Angharad Wellbelove. Her straight O marks were because she was clever and talented, not because she studied every day. And even if someone caught her study guides and notes and flashcards, she was supposed to make all of that look effortless.

But Chadwick didn't often try to waste her time with conversation. Whatever was with the sudden approach? They were in the same house, but Echo could only assume it had to do with Dominik...or maybe Landon? "Was there something you needed, Mr. Knapp, sir?"

setting Quad, early April 2055 || with Alone for now
appearance 4’9”, slim || wearing uniform
status What's he doing here?

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
You sit upon your throne of filth
Condemning what you haven't built
So hate me cause you're standing still
Watching while I shoot to kill
I live this
I breathe this
You crave it
✩★