Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
Entrance Courtyard Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:46 pm
User ImageUser Image

ℛ𝓪𝓿𝒆𝓷𝓬𝓵𝓪𝔀 ℱ𝓲𝓻𝓼𝓽 𝓨𝒆𝓪𝓻 ℛ𝒆𝓼𝒆𝓻𝓿𝒆 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓼𝒆𝓻

Lena had decided she would start building a snowman, if for no other purpose than to enjoy the cold weather a bit longer. It wasn't good to just stand around, since the cold was extra frigid without her moving. She walked around a bit, letting her muscles warm before she started playing in the snow. Suddenly, someone called out to her and told her to catch. She whirled around, but not before a blast of freezing cold hit her face. The girl staggered back and shook her head, before realizing that she'd been hit bu a snowball. Lena used her scarf to dry her glasses, spotting Tyler standing nearby. If he wanted a battle, she'd battle until her fingers froze! The Ravenclaw ducked down, forming a snowball, chucking it back with her Chaser training behind it. "Watch yourself, Tyler! I've been practicing!" She grinned happily, preparing another snowball to throw.

Red Hot Missy

Wʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ᴡɪɴᴅ's ᴀ-ᴄᴀʟʟɪɴɢ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ ɪs ᴄʟᴇᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ ʙʀɪɢʜᴛ
Mɪsᴛʏ ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴs sɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴇᴄᴋᴏɴ, ʟᴇᴀᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ
Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴡᴏᴏᴅs ʜɪᴅᴇ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs, ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴs ᴀʀᴇ ꜰɪᴇʀᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴏʟᴅ
Dᴇᴇᴘ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀs ʜᴏʟᴅ ʀᴇꜰʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴs ᴏꜰ ᴛɪᴍᴇs ʟᴏsᴛ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴀɢᴏ
I ᴡɪʟʟ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ sᴛᴏʀʏ. Tᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
Bᴇ ᴀs sᴛʀᴏɴɢ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀs ᴀʀᴇ sᴛᴏʀᴍʏ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʀᴏᴜᴅ ᴀs ᴀɴ ᴇᴀɢʟᴇ's sᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ

𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓻𝓲𝓭𝒆, 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝒇𝓵𝔂, 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓼𝒆 𝓽𝓱𝒆 𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓸𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝒆 𝓼𝓴𝔂

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:59 pm
User Image
                                                                I'm broke but I'm happy
                                                                I'm poor but I'm kind
                                                                I'm short but I'm healthy, yeah
                                                                I'm high but I'm grounded
                                                                I'm sane but I'm overwhelmed
                                                                I'm lost but I'm hopeful baby

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Entrance Courtyard
                                                                Who am I with? Lena
                                                                What am I doing? Snowball fight!
                                                                What am I thinking? Heh, she'll never get me.
                                                                What am I wearing? First Year Uniform

Tyler caught the retirning snowball in the chest, and decided that it was definitely war. Grinning, he gathered up snow for another ball, thinking that he might be able to catch some if he really tried, but also knowing that he was also practicing a lot in throwing because of his own position in quidditch. "Oh yeah? Betcha I can still catch your throws!" He threw his next snowball, thinking that this was a great way to pass the time.

OOC:

And what it all comes down to
                                                                Is that I haven't got it all figured out just yet
                                                                'cause I've got one hand in my pocket
                                                                And the other one is giving the peace sign

Miss GryffindorK

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:50 pm
User ImageUser Image

ℛ𝓪𝓿𝒆𝓷𝓬𝓵𝓪𝔀 ℱ𝓲𝓻𝓼𝓽 𝓨𝒆𝓪𝓻 ℛ𝒆𝓼𝒆𝓻𝓿𝒆 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓼𝒆𝓻

Lena cackled when Tyler got hit in the chest by the snowball. He didn't seem to mind, and while he was preparing another snowball, she scooped up some snow into her own hands and started shaping it. He said he was going to catch her throws, then promptly threw at her. Without thinking, she dropped her snowball and attempted to catch his. It didn't work as well as planned, and it ended up breaking against her palms. She packed another snowball and took aim. "You're supposed to be a good catch, silly! Kind of important for a Keeper!" She laughed, breath curling in the frigid winter air. She hurled the snowball at him again, grinning like a fiend.

Red Hot Missy

Wʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ᴡɪɴᴅ's ᴀ-ᴄᴀʟʟɪɴɢ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ ɪs ᴄʟᴇᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ ʙʀɪɢʜᴛ
Mɪsᴛʏ ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴs sɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴇᴄᴋᴏɴ, ʟᴇᴀᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ
Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴡᴏᴏᴅs ʜɪᴅᴇ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs, ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴs ᴀʀᴇ ꜰɪᴇʀᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴏʟᴅ
Dᴇᴇᴘ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀs ʜᴏʟᴅ ʀᴇꜰʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴs ᴏꜰ ᴛɪᴍᴇs ʟᴏsᴛ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴀɢᴏ
I ᴡɪʟʟ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ sᴛᴏʀʏ. Tᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
Bᴇ ᴀs sᴛʀᴏɴɢ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀs ᴀʀᴇ sᴛᴏʀᴍʏ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʀᴏᴜᴅ ᴀs ᴀɴ ᴇᴀɢʟᴇ's sᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ

𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓻𝓲𝓭𝒆, 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝒇𝓵𝔂, 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓼𝒆 𝓽𝓱𝒆 𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓸𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝒆 𝓼𝓴𝔂

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:33 pm
User Image
The piece appeared sometime between 1 am and 2:30 am on the 23rd of May

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:48 pm
User Image

You and I in a little toy shop
                                          Buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got
                                          Set them free at the break of dawn
                                          'Til one by one they were gone.

Iggy was a bit shocked by Kam's immediate no. Was he still mad about the Sona prank? "Hey I'm sorry the prank failed with Sona. You know I suck with planning. We can prank Jonah! It be fun right?" Iggy asked worried about his brother. He seemed off lately. He could swear he was sometimes avoiding him too, expecilly recently. Iggy was a bit of distance behind Kam jogging a bit to keep up with his brother. What was going on with them lately? Iggy being a concerned brother wanted to know. They entered the courtyard that had a few scattered students studying. "Hey wait up!" Iggy said trying to catch up

If I could find a souvenir
                                                              Just to prove the world was here
                                                              And here is a red balloon
                                                              I think of you, and let it go

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:04 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Entrance Courtyard
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Iggy, Unfortunately
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Being Followed
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I don't want to be like him!

Kam ignored Iggy as he apologized about Sona. In fact, he grit his teeth in order not to say anything. He was still incredibly mad that Iggy had fooled him into thinking they wouldn't upset Sona. She had a lot on her mind without Iggy's awful pranks, but to make him part of the whole fiasco?! It was just... wrong. Iggy continued, saying they could prank Jonah now. That sent fireworks of anger through Kam's mind. He ground his teeth a bit harder, trying to bite back his feelings before he said something nasty. As he strolled across the courtyard, he heard his twin ask him to wait on him. Finally, he just gave up on trying to hold back his annoyance.

"Shut up! Stop following me, Iggy! Can you not see I don't want to pull these idiotic pranks with you? That I'm not a jerk who thinks he can just... disregard peoples' feelings?!" He rested his hands on his hips, face drawn up with rage. He was done with Iggy, done with sharing a life constantly with his brother. "You don't care about people, about Jonah and... and Sona. You don't care about any of them, as long as you can have your laughs!" Something about Sona's name had given him pause, something about having seen her confused and upset with them both. And it was all Iggy's fault.

{{OoC: I gave you a chance to have Iggy respond to the early part of the ranting}}
Kungfudemoness

I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, I ᴊᴜsᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜᴇ
Aɴᴅ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴏꜰ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, ʙᴜᴛ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ, sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ
I ᴀᴍ sᴍᴀʟʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɪs ʙɪɢ, ᴀʟʟ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴍᴇ ɪs ꜰᴀsᴛ ᴍᴏᴠɪɴɢ
Sᴜʀʀᴏᴜɴᴅᴇᴅ ʙʏ sᴏ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴀɴᴅ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ, sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ
I ᴀᴍ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴀᴍ ꜰʀᴇᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ I ɢᴇᴛ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ I ɢᴇᴛ ᴡᴇᴀᴋ
I ɢᴇᴛ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʟᴇᴇᴘ ʙᴜᴛ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ, sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ
Hᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴇs ɪᴛ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴍᴇ? Aʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ? Hᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴇs ɪᴛ ꜰᴇᴇʟ?

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:17 am
User Image

Iggy wasn't too far behind when Kam whipped around. The look though made Iggy stop dead where he was at though. He had seen Kam mad maybe once but never at him. Kam didn't want to do pranks any more? Were they no fun anymore? Iggy winced a bit getting called a jerk that didn't care about jonah or Sona. He did care! How was he suppose to know Sona had be stressed! She understood and wasn't mad. Jonah was getting better at just strait telling them apart. Where they just humoring him and he was a mean jerk? "....But i do care..." he said a bit shakey. He wanted to say more but was unsure what to add. Why was Kam so mad?

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:01 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Iggy, Unfortunately
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Being Followed
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I don't want to be like him!

Kam had paused, just long enough for Iggy to give a rather weak response. How dare he say he indeed cared about other people? "No, you don't! That's the problem here. You only care that you have an exact lookalike to use as a pawn to confuse people. Well, I'm sick of it! I hate your stupid pranks." He seethed at he spoke, eyes narrowed in anger. How was he supposed to say he was entirely done with his brother's idiotic behavior? His insufferable excuses to make their only friends upset with them only made the older twin angrier. "I wish I never had a twin."

Kungfudemoness

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:23 am
User Image

Iggy was quite in shock. He was hurt Kam thought he didn't care at all. He had thought Kam had fun too. They usully got laughs from others from their antics. He was about to argue when what Kam said practically stabbed Iggy in the heart. What!? He didn't want him as his twin and brother!? He could tell he was tearing up and emotion was running hot. "Well if you'd talk to me and not avoid me maybe I wouldn't feel like a stranger to you!!" He practically shouted in tears before turning and running. He didn't want to cry in public. Everyone knew him as a happy go lucky guy and he didn't want others to see him sad. Maybe Kam was right? He wouldn't stop till the door to the ravenclaw common room and dorms he wasn't sire if he awnsers the riddle or simply yelled at the knocker but it let him in and he hid in the dorms and cried to his pillow.

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:38 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? No One, finally
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Reading and Thinking
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I glad that's over

Kam rolled his eyes when Iggy retorted, implying it was Kam's fault the whole mess began. Didn't he understand that the blame lay squarely on Iggy's shoulders? He huffed softly, annoyed that not only had he lost out on reading time, but he'd also gotten into a fight in front of several people. Joy. Iggy had long run off before Kam relaxed from his angered stance. It didn't seem he was coming back, so Kam sat down out of the way and pulled his book back out. It was cold out, but the chill seemed to help clear Kam's head. It did not, however, change his mind on his brother. At least not now. He was tired of constantly being mistaken for Iggy, and tired of having to be the responsible one for the both of them. Well, no longer! He was done dealing with his brother, and done being polite about it. In fact, it was freeing to have finally said what needed said.

Kungfudemoness

addaellis

TrickBlues

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:12 pm
User Image
User Image
Make my way through the motions, I try to ignore it
But home's looking farther the closer I get
Don't know why I can't see the end, is it over yet?
A short leash and a short fuse don't match
They tell me it ain't that bad
Now don't you overreact
So I just hold my breath, don't know why
I can't see the sun when young should be fun (fun)

JONAH CASTOR LANE
Half-BloodRavenclawThird Year BeaterThirteen Years OldThe Daily Dragon

» Winter 2045 » Entrance Courtyard » With: Sonora, Kam, Formerly Iggy
» Wearing: [x] » Status: "If he makes Sona cry too, this'll mean war."

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Jonah had been excited at the idea of finally getting to Hogsmeade today. After he’d lost his bet with Sonora at quidditch tryouts at the beginning of the year, he was resigned to take his best friend out for a day in the village, but it seemed that the world was simply against the adventure. They’d been swamped with homework, and then Ves needed their help with DADA, their birds had gotten into a squabble and they got to play mediators for a weekend, then exams were coming up... Before they knew it it was Christmas Break, and then the new semester. He was determined to get out of the bloody castle before third year was done if it was the last thing he did.

“So when I was turning in my article the other day I overheard there was a dueling range in Hogsmeade! Isn’t that wicked? If you want we can check it out and you can show me what you learned in dueling club, and—“

"Well if you'd talk to me and not avoid me maybe I wouldn't feel like a stranger to you!!"

A familiar voice shouted behind the duo, causing Jonah to instinctively whip around to see what in Merlin’s name was happening. Iggy ran off in tears, presumably back to their dorms, while Kam looked annoyed across the courtyard. Jonah huffed, his own annoyance bubbling up at the sight of the Hufflepuff. “Ugh. Of course it’d be him.” He muttered.

This was the first he’d witnessed any of the going-ons between the twins this year, but he’d been hearing about Kam’s attitude since the first day of the year when he was rude to Vespera at the train station. Then Sonora had told him about the prank. He’d had no issues with that, it was all in good fun and Sona seemed perfectly fine when she was telling the story, but it had sounded like Kam shoved all the blame towards Iggy without taking responsibility for his own role and that… That had left a sour taste in his mouth regarding his classmate. Now seeing Iggy run off in tears, Jonah wanted nothing more than to swing a couple bludgers at the guy. These were his friends, and he was upsetting them! He felt he should do something, but throwing the first punch just wasn’t him. Not to mention a scrap between two friends would probably put sweet Sonora in tears, and… Well, he already had one housemate to take care of.

Kam sat down with his book and looked pretty darn pleased with himself, causing Jonah’s eye to twitch. No. Nope. He wasn’t going to allow it. He wasn’t allowed to look like that when he just made Iggy cry. “Wingardium Leviosa.” he cast after pointing his wand at Kam’s book, lifting the object into the air. He levitated the object closer to them as they headed towards Kam, allowing the book to land in Sonora’s hands as he called out to the other boy with a scowl. “You can have this back when you’re done being such a damn prat!”

He gave Sonora a pat on the back, gently pushing her towards Kam. “Go talk to him, he’s your friend. I’m gonna go check on Iggy. We’ll try again next week.” With that, he was off, running back into the castle to find his dormmate.

═════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Let me know if I should edit anything o3ob
Miss GryffindorK

Kungfudemoness

Addaellis

And I guess the bad can get better
Gotta be wrong before it's right
Every happy phrase engraved in my mind
And I've always been a go-getter
There's truth in every word I write
But still the growing pains, growing pains
They're keeping me up at night

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:17 am
User Image

♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

third year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club
irregular attendee of Astronomy club

Third year wasn’t going as well as Sonora had hoped. She had been writing the bare minimum for her assignments but still felt tired all the time. She slept through the entire December’s worth of Astronomy, messed up on their midterm in Music, and was definitely not waking up in time for walks or journaling before bedtime. Even Skyfire was being more stressful than usual, getting into fights with Circe. Come Christmas Break, Sonora had gone home and just cried to her parents. After a discussion about how to better approach taking a bunch of classes, Sona had gotten back to the new semester ready to do better and be happier--and that included finally going to Hogsmeade to collect on her little bet!

She lit up at the mention of the dueling range-- August had mentioned it in passing that he had a friend who lived--worked?-- there and she thought nothing of it until now, but she’d love to check it out. She was about to share that when Jonah abruptly cut off and spun around. Sona shifted, peering around his shoulder to see what had happened. She was shocked to glimpse Iggy yelling, Kam annoyed, and a moment later Iggy running back for the castle, clearly distraught.

Please, please let this not be because I overreacted that time, The thought flashed ominously through Sona’s mind. She took a breath. They had to do something. As though reading her mind, Jonah levitated Kam’s book away. She caught it, taking a few steps forward. Jonah’s gentle push only confirmed that he was on the same page and she nodded. ”Take care of him,” she replied before walking quickly towards Kam herself.

”Kam? You okay?” she asked softly. She sank into the spot next to Kam. Sure Iggy had been the one to run off in tears, but Sona guessed that Kam had to be feeling something awful to push his twin away like that.

She hugged his book to her chest for a moment before remembering it wasn’t hers. ”Oh, you can have this back...as long as you promise to talk to me?” she said, holding it tentatively back out to him. Kam wasn’t being a prat, surely this was all just some misunderstanding. All of this--Iggy crying, Ves and Jonah being upset with Kam--misunderstandings. And today they were going to try to figure out the underlying cause of this giant misunderstanding and make a plan to clear it up!

MIss GryffindorK

User Image User Image User Image
The birds, the sun, the stars, night sky,
It's such a sight to withhold.
Three-six-zero turn to see that we're not alone.
You have a house. Hello home.
♫♪
"Paper Plane's Adventure" by V.K. Lyrics by Tanoshibe on YouTube

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:05 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Sona
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Talking about feelings
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I hate talking

Just as he'd settled down to throw his sorrows into reading, the book in question was lifted away. Kam looked around in confusion until a very angry Jonah shouted at him. Apparently he wouldn't give it back. Oh well, Kam would just check out another copy from the library. Luckily, he'd given the book to Sona, so Kam at least knew his new book would be well taken care of. He drew his knees closer to his chest, staring off into the distance as he pulled himself into his thoughts.

He was pulled from his reverie by Sona's soft voice asking if he was okay. He shook his head slowly, trying to maintain composure, especially since apparently several people had just played witness to Kam being a massive jerk to his brother. After a second, his book was offered back to him, the girl saying he could have it back if he talked to her. He was glad, since he'd gotten the book for Christmas and hadn't finished it yet. "I... shouldn't have done that, should I?" He glanced over at Sona, but he didn't need a reply to know he'd handled the situation wrongly. "I'm just... I'm tired of constantly being mistaken for him. I hate that people get all excited to see Iggy, then find out it's me... and then they just... don't care anymore. All happiness at the prospect of Iggy is gone when they find out it's the wrong person. It's exhausting." He rubbed his temples for a minute, trying to plan out his next words. After all, planning came naturally to Kam, where his twin was a wildcard. "I'm tired of being nothing more than the twin of Iggy. I can't stand on my own because how dare I not want to stand around with a clone of myself. Especially when that clone seems to be doing better than myself. I hate being a twin." Those words spoken carried a bitter edge, the eldest Hepburn truly angry at the card life had dealt. He hated the constant confusion of his life. Sure, he knew the difference between himself and Iggy, but so many people still couldn't figure it out. It hurt that it seemed that no one knew them well enough to just... know. And even those that did... they pulled stupid pranks to confuse them. It wasn't just anger he felt, but now a small swirling of guilt lay on the shoulders of the already upset teenager.

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:53 am
User Image

♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

third year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club
irregular attendee of Astronomy club

Sonora listened quietly as Kam spoke. She didn’t interrupt when he asked if he shouldn’t have made Iggy cry--the way he continued, he obviously thought it was the wrong way to handle things. But more than that, he explained himself clearly, no prodding necessary. It gave Sona the distinct feeling that Kam had thought through this already--and had been suffering in silence. She was tempted to correct him when he mentioned that people didn’t care when they mistook him for Iggy. Then there was that bit about Iggy being better at him. They obviously couldn’t be true. But she understood thinking through feelings quietly and planning her words well and didn’t interrupt until he punctuated the sentence with a bitter ”I hate being a twin.”

”I like both of you,” she murmured quietly, laying her cheek on her knees as she peered at him earnestly. She spoke up more clearly: ”You’re different people. And that means you're both wonderful, just in different ways." She could understand the disappointment he expressed--it would probably feel really bad if he thought people were more animated around Iggy. Maybe it was similar to how she felt when she noticed that Jonah always seemed more mischievous around Vespera and more studious around her. Or how August was just more snarky around Lizzie. It was like people tried to blend with people around them. Kam was relaxing to be around. So maybe people were just more relaxed around him? That wasn’t a bad thing at all.

”Kam, you are standing on your own. And I don’t mean that just because you’ve both clearly got different interests and paths.” She thought through his words again, brows furrowed a little when she wondered how he had gotten onto that train of thought. ”Why do you think Iggy is “doing better”?”

MIss GryffindorK

User Image User Image User Image
The birds, the sun, the stars, night sky,
It's such a sight to withhold.
Three-six-zero turn to see that we're not alone.
You have a house. Hello home.
♫♪
"Paper Plane's Adventure" by V.K. Lyrics by Tanoshibe on YouTube

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:47 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Sona
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Talking about feelings
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I hate talking

Kam sighed quietly when Sona quietly confessed to liking them both. Of course she did, she seemed to like everyone. He, on the other hand, only liked a few select people, and as of late, even his own brother failed to make the cut. Sona said they were different people, each wonderful, and he snorted softly. "We are mentally, emotionally, and intellectually... but most people don't... look past the fact that we're identical in all the other ways. We look alike, therefore we must be alike. Sound logic from sound idiots." He rubbed his temples, the stress of this whole mess settling firmly into a headache. He hated having headaches, but there wasn't much to do aside from getting poked at by the healers, which he didn't want to do.

After mentioning he felt he wasn't doing as well as his twin, Sona looked confused. She told him he was his own and his path was different. "It would be... in any normal case. He and I we're... I dunno expected to be the same. Lots of people assume we're both happy, energetic gits but we're not. I'm not. Iggy's adaptable. I'm not. I'm set in my ways and I can't break habits. Normally, a good thing, but I dunno lately it doesn't seem enough." He buried his face in his hands, drawing in a deep breath to calm himself back down. He hated being all worked up, especially when it was just emotional. After a second he emerged, leaning back against the column he'd sat in front of. "Iggy's not... better, at least not in every way. I've got the schoolwork part good... but he can make friends and talk and just... makes people happy with him. People around me always walk on eggshells like they're dealing with a child who can't control himself. All I want to do is schoolwork and... and... the rest, I think." He sighed again, not even knowing how to make sense of why he was so angry. All he knew was that he was incredibly angry, and all at his brother. Iggy just... made him mad lately. "We're like... two sides of the same coin. For one to succeed, one must fail. It's how it works." He pulled a knut out of his pocket, flipping it into the air. After a second, it clattered to the ground, coming to rest face-down. Great. His own analogies hated him too.

addaellis

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff