Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
Viaduct I Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:22 pm
Viaduct I

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"This Viaduct is a part of Hogwarts Castle. It is constructed of stone, and extends all the way down to the lake. A courtyard outside the Entrance Hall contains an archway that leads to the Paved Courtyard and across to the viaduct. At the other end, there are double doors which lead into the Viaduct Entrance. There were two talking gargoyles at one end of the Viaduct, but unfortunately one was smashed during the 1994 Triwizard Tournament."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:09 pm
User Image
Claire Lunette
Divinations Professor

User Image

User Image

Hugging her large coat, Claire was doing her nightly rounds. She offered to help out the staff and complete guard duties to ensure the safety of their students. It wasn't a big deal in her case. It gave her more time to think of practical lesson plans for the next day. Walking around aimlessly, she decided to halt outside at the Viaduct. The outside was so gorgeous. The night was so dark, that it was slightly eerie. When looking out into the open, there was nothing that could be seen. It sparked her interest more to stay rather than find somewhere that was a lot safer.

Claire's mind was racing. There was a lot that she had to do the next day other than teaching. She recently spoke with the Headmistress about a young first year named Katrina. A little girl who happens to be one of the only seers ever to walk the Wizarding World. Claire didn't know how to confront this girl. From what she observed, this girl was fragile. And in order for her to gain her trust and figure out what is happening, she had to come up to her calmly and less intimidating. "I'll just wait for the right moment," she said out loud to herself.

((I know this doesn't give you a lot to jump off of- I just wanted to make sure the setting was indefinite))

User Image

Bloomsie

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:42 pm
User Image
Cinq Moreau
User Image
Flying Substitute Professor
Former Hufflepuff

╔════════════════════════════════════╗

Taking a nightly stroll around Hogwarts, Cinq bumped into the Divinations professor. He hadn't met her yet, though he had only known a minimal number of professors at Hogwarts. The school was very big with loads of unique and interesting teachers. He had heard that the teacher was strict, but that didn't stop him from greeting her.

"Beautiful night, n'est-ce pas*?" he asked her, smiling gleefully.

((*Translation: "don't you think".))

╚════════════════════════════════════╝

"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
~Amelia Earhart

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:32 pm
User Image
Claire Lunette
Divinations Professor

User Image

User Image

Claire thought that she heard footsteps, but she wasn't sure. She held still, waiting to see if a sound would come from the entrance. Sure enough, there was. It did not sound like a threat, but instead, there was a voice that sounded like another professor.

Holding out her wand, she pointed it towards the ground. "Lumos," she said, and light had appeared from the tip of her wand. She looked at who had confronted her and gave a small smile. Looking at him, she thought that he was cute, but of course, all the cute ones were younger.

"I see you know French?" she asked, "Je m'appelle Claire Lunette. You are?" she asked, slightly stern, but playful. It was bugging her. She knew that she had seen him around, she just didn't know where or even what subject she taught. But of course, she wasn't going to ask.

User Image

Bloomsie

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:44 pm
User Image
Cinq Moreau
User Image
Former Hufflepuff

Cinq squinted as she lit her wand with the spell. His perfect night vision was destroyed in an instant. He sighed, though he didn't mind. He smiled at the teacher. "Biensûr, mademoiselle," he said like a gentlemen, bowing slightly. "I am French even if I was born in England."

He saw the curiosity in her eyes, though knew that she wasn't about to spit out what was bothering her. But she made it pretty obvious, so he slipped it into his introduction, "My name is Cinq Moreau, the substitute flying professor for now. Next term, I will be teaching Ghost and Ghoul Studies. What about you?

~Amelia Earhart

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:23 pm
User Image
Claire Lunette
Divinations Professor

User Image

User Image

Claire could tell that the light from her wand had made him squint. She quickly aimed the tip of her wand to the ground, to rather give a dim light than one that blinds.

"I think we call that denial," she said and gave a small laugh. It seemed like he was a very active teacher at the school and very knowledgeable if he can teach more than one subject.

"It's a pleasure meeting you," she said. He had then asked about what class she taught and her eyebrows raised high as she smirked. "I think you already know," she said, seeing if he did. She wasn't a seer nor was she someone who had Legilimens. She was just a normal woman who understands men.

User Image

Bloomsie

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:28 pm
User Image
Cinq Moreau
User Image
Former Hufflepuff

Cinq gave a hearty laugh. This professor was skilled indeed. "Divinations, correct?" he said. Though he wasn't sure if she used her divination skills or just plain common sense. The man never quite understood women, since they always seemed to baffle him one way or another.

He pointed to his head and asked with a playful tone, "What am I thinking right now?" He was playing into the divination stereotype that those who attained NEWT level in divinations could somehow read other people's mind. He didn't worry much, since he was pretty sure he made it sound like a light-hearted amusing question.

~Amelia Earhart

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:13 pm
User Image
Claire Lunette
Divinations Professor

User Image

User Image

Claire raised her eyebrows at his correct guess. "You're very good," she said, and walked slightly away towards the middle of the Viaduct. She swayed ever so gracefully and looked back at him. He asked her what he was thinking right then and there, and she playfully smiled. "Are you being stereotypical, Mr. Moreau? Surely you know the difference between those who practice Divination and Seers."

She sighed, knowing that with his question, he was like all normal magical beings. They always had a joke with those who study Divination. At first when she was younger, it was considered comical, but now at her age it was slightly irritating. However, she just met him. Maybe he was a little bit more mature than what he puts himself out to be.

"What got you into teaching, Professor?"
she asked, straying away from her subject.

User Image

Bloomsie

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:01 pm
User Image
Cinq Moreau
User Image
Former Hufflepuff

"Nah, I just happened to pass by your classroom when you were teaching one day," he confessed. "Do you mean those who practice Divination as opposed to Legilimency?"

He could tell the subject was no joking matter. But he still couldn't resist. His mind was that of a child with flashes of maturity, and he liked it that way. The kids didn't seem to mind very much.

"Simple," he began answering the professor. "My love for children and Hogwarts," he said with a smile and pride.

~Amelia Earhart

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:27 pm
User Image
Claire Lunette
Divinations Professor

User Image

User Image

Claire could tell that he was messing around with her. Why else would he keep going? She let it slide and ignored his statement about Seers and Legilimency. There was nothing similar to them, and he even knew that. There was no point to lecture him about each meaning.

"I understand having both of those aspects," she said. She had wanted to become a teacher for both of those reasons as well. However, the love of Hogwarts was a bit more grand than the children. 39 year old woman with no children. It was definitely hard to be around hundreds of children, knowing that none of them are truly hers. "Any kids yourself?" she asked. She knew that he was young, but one could never know.

User Image

Bloomsie

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:04 pm
Do you CARE about ME?
Do you THINK I don't BLEED?
Why are you trying to HIDE behind a stupid LIE
When the TRUTH is your EYES
Have you LOST YOURSELF?
Always TRYING to SELL
The PERSON that you THINK you are
You stay ALONE 'cause real's just too HARD

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN FOURTH YEAR
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You say you'll never go that far: Irritated| But you're not who you say you are: Of course...| Your time is up in too many places: None| You've got too many faces: Viaduct|
Wearing

Marina had finally found somewhere she could be alone to read. No one ever came here. There wasn't another soul in sight. And at this moment, she liked it that way. She climbed up and sat on the edge, dangling her feet off it a bit recklessly. The redhead pulled out her battered copy of The Silmarillion, and began to read. And then her ring started beeping. "Dam- Oh for the love of- Agh!" She very nearly fell off and swore quietly to herself as she listened to the message. Of course. Just when she was starting to relax, duty called. Hopefully her boyfriend wouldn't be looking for her. Who knew what this was going to entail. Near death situations? Probably. The Slytherin regretfully closed her book and set off running in the direction of Hogsmeade.

You've got your HEART in too many PLACES

Always LAYING the BLAME
You're never ONE and the SAME
Could it be that you're AFRAID to look INSIDE
And find you'll NEVER get it RIGHT
So many SIDES to YOU
Nobody KNOWS the TRUTH
How you EVER gonna keep it STRAIGHT?
Do you WANNA be a MEMORY?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:09 pm
❝And all the roads we have to walk are winding; And all the lights that lead us there are blinding❞

❝There are many things that I would like to say to you, but I don't know how❞

❝Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me; And after all, you're my wonderwall❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Hᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ Sᴛᴇᴠɪᴀ Hᴀᴡᴛʜᴏʀɴ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
User Image
▬▬▬ Fɪғᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ ▬▬▬ Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ ▬▬▬ Hᴀʟғʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬ Bᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ▬▬▬ Qᴜɪᴅᴅɪᴛᴄʜ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬ Jᴜsᴛ Mᴇ Aɴᴅ Mʏ Lᴏᴠᴇ ▬▬▬

❝Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow realized what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ waited on the Viaduct, leaning against the chilling stone bridge. She was to meet her sister here today, before the brunette had to go into the woods for her... condition. Of course, her hair was still neon green, which meant attempting to surprise her sister was out of the question. In fact, she had gotten used to it, and even her attire for the day matched it. Fishnet gloves of pink covered the Beater's lean arms as she ran a hand through her hair. It was growing too. That was good. "Where is she..." Heather held one hand behind her back, gripping the present she had gotten for her precious sister. She hoped that the girl hadn't forgotten about their meeting. It was a special day, your sixteenth birthday. The teen remembered hers well. Lunch with Remy and Romy, and an evening study date with Chase in the library. It had been magical, for such an ordinary sounding day. Now she just had to make sure her sister's big day was just as, if not more, special. A shrill cry filled the teen's ears, and she turned to see Sehza gliding through the air, her crimson, golden, orange, and occasional pink feathers glowing in the sunlight. A perfect day for a birthday surprise. Now all she was missing was the birthday girl.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❝Backbeat, the word was on the street that the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before but you never really had a doubt
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now❞

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:26 pm
User Image
Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ walked out onto the Viaduct, wondering what her sister had planned. It wasn't every day the girls got together, nor was it an ordinary day, at least for the Eldest Bleiddiaid it wasn't. Today was her sixteenth birthday, AND it was a Full Moon! She looked a slight unhealthy, but she always did. Even the impending pain of the moon couldn't put a damper on the bright smile she wore. Her long hair had been curled that morning, then put into pigtails. It took the teen all of a second to notice the neon green hair of her sister. Remy ran and hugged Heather tightly. "Can you believe it?! I'm sixteen! One more year and I'll be an adult! How freaking exciting is this?!" Her words were rushed, hyper, and she looked the picture of happiness. Her blue and teal dress swished along with her, just short enough to show off her athletic legs.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:08 pm
Leonette Rosalia Mitchell
First Year Gryffindor
Reserve Chaser

David Clarisse
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Seeker ~ Dating Shayna

User Image User Image Location: Viaduct

David left the pitch severally upset. Not only did Elli not put Remy on the team but Remy even wished her luck. She was being civil while Elli just pushed her away. His hopes of playing her last year together shattered before his eyes. Looking back on what he promised Remy was it even worth it now... she hadn't made the team so did it matter if he failed potions and transfigurations. So he wouldn't be able to play Quidditch how would that make any difference?

Being in the state David was in he hadn't even noticed that he was headed across the viaduct or that he was being followed by his cousin until she spoke up. "David! Where are you going?" Leonette called out to him as she raced behind him. She'd been following him since they'd lift the Quidditch pitch. Especially when she realized he wasn't headed back to the common room. At the sound of her voice he stopped but didn't say anything.

"Hello I asked you a question!" Leonette yelled. That seemed to snap David out of it. "What?" He retorted at her not really meaning to yell. She froze for a moment not expecting him to yell back at her. "I asked you where you were going?" she asked him calmly. "Anywhere but the common room." he answered looking out into nowhere. "David I know you're upset I know I was..." Leonette started before being abruptly cut off. "I'm more then upset Leo I'm furious. I watched you guys play Remy deserved to be on the team at the very least given the last reserve spot. Elli is being unreasonable and putting her feelings into it." David shouted. "That's not even the worst part... Remy just took it from her..." he muttered now that he was starting to come down some.

Leonette thought for a moment before saying anything. "What was Remy supposed to do David?" she asked. "I don't know... I just wanted to see her happy. She loves Quidditch and Elli just took that away from her." David told her. "I know it sucks but there's nothing we can do and Remy wouldn't want you to be this upset." Leonette told him. "I know that but I made a deal with her and now it all seems worthless." David was broken inside and it wasn't even something to do with him.

"What kind of deal?" Leonette asked. "Remy would try out if I improved my grades in Transfigurations and Potions." David explained with a sigh. "David if you don't keep your promise I'll personally tell Remy you're giving up." Leonette said crossing her arms. "But..." David started before being stopped by his cousin. "But nothing... your deal was that she tried out not if she made the team. She stuck to her end now you stick to yours."

David looked at his cousin for a moment realizing how grown up she acted. It was kind of strange getting told what to do from someone three years younger than himself but he knew she was right. "I promise I'll stick to my end of things just don't say anything." he told her. "Deal now let's go back to the common room." Leonette said taking David's hand and dragged him back towards the Gryffindor common room.

(Exit to Common Room)

Wearing: Quidditch Uniform
Wearing: Try-out outfit

With: each other

OOC: ---  

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:37 pm
User Image
User Image

Heart beats fast. Colors and promises. How to be brave? How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?
But watching you stand alone, all of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow. One step closer...

Iris sat on the edge of the Viaduct, her back pressed against the cold stone pillar behind her. Her sketchbook was propped up on her legs as she plucked a piece of charcoal from her tin. Her hands slowly moved the pastel across the page, the permanent strokes of dark color staining the paper. She found interest in this place. The deep cavern beneath her held so many sharp edges that were perfect for a charcoal pastel drawing. There were boulders of great sizes, pointed spikes, and even small crevices that created such a unique scenery. It was too good to pass up, especially for her. And to add to all of that, it was quiet, and hardly anyone came this way around this time. Well, it was complicated. Iris only enjoyed the silence because she didn't have anyone else to talk to, and she wasn't very good at talking to people anyways. On the other hand, she longed for her friends to spend time with her, just like they used to. Unfortunately, over the years, their little group had broken up. Jared was gone, Jacob had his Quidditch thing to deal with, Night was off doing whatever it was that he did, and Autumn was... Autumn. That left her, a sad and lonely Iris, all alone. She paused, looking away from her sketchbook and down at the cavern below her. 'I wonder what would happen if I just... jumped.'

I have died everyday waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more...

{ooc: feel free to bother her. o 3 o}  
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces