Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
Viaduct II Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:58 pm
User Image
Damien is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Scholarly at the Viaductspace
CURRENTLY // loving Marina Aldredspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Marinaspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Nervousspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Okay, this will be fine... why wouldn't it be fine?' spacespac

∳ ∳ ∳ The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful stop me and steal my breath.
And emeralds from mountains thrust towards the sky, never revealing their depth.
∳ ∳ ∳
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceDamien nodded, his eyes narrowing a bit, but his lips spreading into a smile all the same. That had been easy... too easy. When she brought up the topic of a second job, he shrugged, not disagreeing, but not really agreeing, either. "You could... but I'd rather you just let me cover the extra until you're making enough. Your career choice is the sort where I'd feel much better if you could devote your full attention to it. Hard to do that when you're tired from working all the time." He kissed the tip of her nose, then leaned his forehead on hers. "My family money's got to be good for something. We won't even make a dent in it; you'll be paying your full half before it's even close to a noticeable expense. And in the meantime, I'll have the peace of mind that you're not running yourself ragged. Isn't that worth it?" He knew Marina wanted to make her own way, to be independent, but really, if they were staying together (and he certainly hoped they were), his money was hers. He liked to think that eventually they'd just both be putting their money in the same account and it wouldn't matter whose Galleons were going towards their bills. But, it would be a while before Marina was in that place, he thought, so this little victory was enough. More than enough, actually, because he'd been expecting more of an argument.

spaceHe bit his lip in a vague and mostly successful attempt not to laugh at her telling him that she'd managed to burn through her family's cookware. "Not to worry about that, love. Brownie taught me well; no need for you to ever step foot in the kitchen if you're really that worried about it." When she said she could clean, he wasn't surprised, but he was incredibly thankful. He could cook, she could clean... that worked out well. Although, he was about to state how very offended he was that she assumed he couldn't kill a cockroach (playfully, of course) when the comment about cookies registered... cookies... for the children. He flushed, blinking a bit. Well. That was certainly unexpected. He hadn't even thought she was thinking about such things, and had actually been trying very hard not to be himself. But, she seemed a bit flustered that she'd even said it, so he figured it was best to just not talk about it. He couldn't think of anything clever to say on the subject to make her less uncomfortable, so he just smiled and shrugged. "You know... I think that we're going to live together very well." That, at least, was true. The didn't argue much anymore, after all, and it seemed like they both made up for what the other lacked... the one thing eating at him now was the fact that, presumably, they would be living together... sharing their home... sleeping in the same bed. After all, people didn't move in with their girlfriend and sleep in a separate room, right? The amount of effort he'd had to focus towards being a gentleman lately... he had no idea how he was going to manage that.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ∳ ∳ ∳ I'll be your crying shoulder, I'll be love's suicide
                                                          I'll be better when I'm older, I'll be the greatest fan of your life.
                                                          ∳ ∳ ∳

User Image

(( OOC: ))
I love how I struggle to direct him away from talking about kids and his brain goes from kids to how you make them XP

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:09 pm
H A Y D E N "A H N N A" A T T E R B E R R Y

First Year UnsortedMetamorphmagus

User Image

We're about to be so much closer than
                                                      you thought that we could ever be.
                                                      Well, I'm sorry to say that I gave it away.
                                                      We'll I'm empty.
                                                      You're empty.

Ahnna was wandering the castle bored and not paying attention to anything. Final tests were looming way to close for her liking, and she seriously didn't feel like studying, so instead she was wandering. As she liked to do. She was already almost perfectly familiar with the castle. It had only taken a year. She had expected it to take longer honestly. The metamorphmagus' had expected it to take at least 2 years especially with classes and such in the way.

She was so distracted in her thoughts, that she ran smack dab into someone and tumbled backwards. She just barely caught herself from actually falling. She blinked up at the boy she'd run into... Balder was his name, and immediately her hair began turning bright yellow (from its previous sea foam color) and her eyes followed suit. She blinked at the strands of hair falling around her face. Her hair had never been this color before.... what the bleeding bells was going on?????
                                                      "Uhh.... sorry....." She said, a bit distracted.

She's like a rock
                                                      and you keep chipping off a piece
                                                      to hold on to.
                                                      And there's gotta be,
                                                      gotta be something more than this.
                                                      In a life full of exits and entrances.

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:50 pm
User Image
                                              Although I would like our world to change
                                              It helps me to appreciate
                                              Those nights and those dreams

User Image

════════════════════════

ℱḯґṧ⊥ ¥ℯαя |ᛊ| ℋυḟƒℓε℘υƒḟ |ᛊ| ℝℯṧ℮я♥ε Ḱεερεґ

════════════════════════

Balder had been observing the scenery from the viaduct and thinking. A full year, and he still was certain that he hadn't really met everyone in the castle. Though, from what he understood, not everyone was going to meet in the castle anyway. It was huge. He hadn't thought about it being this big when he asked his mor to let him go to Hogwarts. Then again, he hadn't anticipated for the classes to be so stretched out across the castle either. He was lucky he had enough time to get to them before he got into trouble for being late. Like the first class in History of Magic. He wished that he could have been there to help Bastian not get in trouble, but it happened. In any case, he figured he was having a good time at school. He just wished that Caty was in the same year. Then they could actually all have classes together.

He almost didn't notice the girl up until she ran into him. It knocked him a bit, but he recovered and then blinked as her hair, which had been green, turned bright yellow. He took only a few seconds to realize what this meant.
                                              "You're a metamorphmagus! Wow! I've only met one other, and she's pretty cool. Why'd your hair turn yellow though?" Blinking, he realized how that might sound and rubbed the back of his head. "Oh, umm, that's fine. I was kind of distracted. You're Ahnna, right? I think I heard your name sometime. Are you all right?"

════════════════════════
                                              Thinking: Wow, there's another metamorphmagus?
                                              OOC:

Thor

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

But, my friend, I'd sacrifice all those nights
                                              If I could make the Earth and my dreams the same
                                              The only difference is
                                              To let love replace all our hate

Devlyn Maycry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:59 pm
H A Y D E N "A H N N A" A T T E R B E R R Y

First Year UnsortedMetamorphmagus

User Image

We're about to be so much closer than
                                                      you thought that we could ever be.
                                                      Well, I'm sorry to say that I gave it away.
                                                      We'll I'm empty.
                                                      You're empty.

Ahnna blinked, still rather distracted by her new colour when Balder began rambling about her skill, and asking questions. She blinked for a few moments, waiting for her brain to catch up with his words. She nodded her head at his question of her name. "Hayden Atterberry, but yeah I go by Ahnna!" She chirped, grinning. She was just going to ignore this new color until she figured out what it meant.Of course, he had to ask about it though, which meant she had to explain it.

That wasn't odd though. She was used to having to explain her particular gift. Most didn't know much about it besides that she could change her appearance at will.
                                                      "No idea why my hair is this color. Its a new one for me. Normally they corolate to emotions right now. I'm too young to have really good control of it yet, so it kind of does whatever it wants based on how my emotions are... but I mean I feel my normal self so I have no idea where this yellow color is coming from.... maybe my hair just wants to mimic you." She shrugged, and twirled a piece of hair around her finger, staring at it curiously. "I've been working on making a pig snout on my face though! Wanna see?"

She's like a rock
                                                      and you keep chipping off a piece
                                                      to hold on to.
                                                      And there's gotta be,
                                                      gotta be something more than this.
                                                      In a life full of exits and entrances.

Diamond Wales

Cara MiaKitty
quoting cuz too lazy to link XD

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:23 pm
User Image
╔══════════════════════════════╗
Oliver Davis
Slytherin - Third Year - Thirteen Years Old - Reserve Chaser - Pureblood
╚══════════════════════════════╝

Oliver was getting sick and tired of Arnie running through his mind constantly. He couldn’t focus on his studies because she was in his classes, and when she wasn’t around, she was present on his brain. Not only had he come to the conclusion that he definitely had a crush on her, but it seemed to have only erupted after their kiss in Italy. Technically, the blond had a crush on his friend before their lips met, but that was pretty much the same level of crush he’s had on every pretty female friend of his. Ever. Now, his crush was a full on crush and he didn’t know what to do

How could their kiss have meant nothing? How could they both decide they wanted to kiss each other and do it without saying a word about it before or after it happened? Girls were confusing. Feelings were confusing. Oliver huffed as he sat on the ground, his back against the wall, waiting for Reyna to show. She knew something was up with him, she was his best friend. As badly as he wanted to tell her before, he couldn’t. The thirteen year old wanted to see how things would play out with Arnie as the school year progressed, but even after a couple of weeks, nothing.

They were friends and hung out in groups – big or small, but nonetheless, they were groups. She didn’t say anything, he didn’t say anything. In fact, he’s been low key avoiding her, kind of. Not enough to make it obvious to the whole third year, but enough that things felt a little weird when they hung out. Honestly, it was driving him absolutely mad and Ollie figured it was time to find a quiet area – one where most students didn’t typically stay longer than a moment as they walked from the entrance courtyard to the lake – so that he could finally catch Reyna up on what had happened.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

I don't quite understand a manicure
But you're the only friend I'd take a shower for ♫

oyehh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:47 pm
User Image

R E Y N AxxxW H Y T E

THIRDxYEAR xxxxxxSLYTHERINxxxxxxRESERVExBEATER

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Reyna hurried through the grounds towards the viaduct, searching for Oliver. She didn't think much of it when he asked to meet her there at first, but she hoped that he decided to tell her what was going with him since the year started. She knew something happened between him and Arnie during the summer but he hadn't mentioned anything in his sparse letters and he'd been unusually reticent about it at school. Rey was worried (not as worried as she was about Glynn but that still) but she didn't want to push him about it despite her curiousity; she didn't want to force him to tell her and she figured that he'd tell her sooner or later.

She found him, partially hidden as he sat against the wall and she joined him, dropping her bag beside him. "Hey," she greeted him, "What's up?" Rey winced as she said this; that sounded terrible. "Are you alright?" she amended, that sounded better. Not too direct, but subtly asking him to share what had been going through his in the past weeks. Maybe too subtle, but whatever.

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                          a txxthe Viaductxxxxxw i t hxxOliver
                                                          f e e l i n gxxworriedxxxxxw e a r i n gxxplaid

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                      ━━━━
                                                      - - - - - - - - -

kiska166

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:09 pm
User Image
Oliver Davis

Oliver looked up, snapping out of his thoughts when Reyna arrived right before she plopped down beside him. The blond shrugged his shoulders at her question. “I dunno,” he answered, sighing after saying so. “I just, I need to talk to you.” That was it, he just needed to talk to someone; he needed to talk to a girl who could help clear up some of the confusion that’s been eating away at him over the past month. “Okay, what I’m about to tell you is a secret, so don’t tell anyone,” he started, knowing full well he could trust Reyna. She was the last person who would backstab him and spread rumours. Seriously, if he couldn’t trust her, he couldn’t trust anyone. She was like a bro, only prettier.

“So, uh, you know how I went to Italy with Arnie?” What a stupid question to ask; of course she knew this. Oliver sent her letters about his trip while he had been there. “At one point, she and I – we, uh.... we sorta, may have kissed. On the lips. And....” Ollie bit his bottom lip in thought. This is so weird to say out loud. Although it felt odd, it felt good to get that off his chest. It wasn’t an internal secret that he had to hide from everyone. One person now knew. “I’m just really confused because we kissed and I didn’t even see it coming and then we didn’t say anything about it at all after and I just.. I dunno what to think and all I can think about is Arnie and how do I make it stop?” he sputtered out in his ramble. Honestly, it was just hella weird that he was saying all of this to Reyna – telling her about his kiss with their Ravenclaw friend.

oyehh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:52 pm
User Image

R E Y N AxxxW H Y T E

Reyna frowned when Oliver first replied vaguely; she was about to ask him to elaborate more because something was clearly eating him, but thankfully he continued, and she got a warm feeling when he said that he was about to tell her a secret; he trusted her enough to tell her! She nodded and mimed zipping her mouth shut, trying to hold back a grin and failing. "Not a single soul." And she wouldn't; she'd never betray a friend like that, especially her best friend.

Rey nodded when Oliver mentioned his summer trip, and blinked when he continued. He and Arnie kissed? What? Oliver rambled on while she stared at him. She shook herself out of it when he ended his monologue on a pleading question and tried to think about it as logically as she could. She didn't know what to think about her friends kissing other than the strange churning feeling she suddenly had in her gut, so she ignored and went straight to the problem. "Uhm,"she started, pausing for a long moment to think her answer through, then continued. "So you can't stop thinking about Arnie after you kissed her?" She didn't wait for him to reply before she continued. "Maybe the only reason that happened is because of the kiss?" Rey honestly didn't know what do in this situation, she never had any trouble with crushes or boys before and she hadn't given it much thought before, although she'd heard older girls gossiping about it. She knew at least one person who talked about their many crushes and kisses so maybe that was the reason? "You can try kissing someone else, to see if it'll take your mind off Arnie? It could be because that's your first kiss?" she asked, stopping herself before she could say anything more and embarrass herself. What if it wasn't his first, maybe he kissed other girls and didn't tell her? She tried not to be hurt at that thought, just because they were best friend didn't mean he had to share everything. She pulled herself out of that train of thought and paused to gather her thoughts before she could continue; this is going to be embarrassing. "You can try and kiss me? I've never had one before so maybe if you kiss me then nothing happens then you definitley have a crush on Arnie and should probably talk to her or something," she cut herself off before she could ramble further, looking away from Oliver face as she did so. Her cheeks were feeling very hot. "You don't have to if you don't want to!" she added quickly, her voice slightly higher, and she waved her hands about awkwardly, ignoring the strange feeling swiming about in her gut.

f e e l i n gxxworriedxxxxxw e a r i n gxxplaid

o o c
                                                      ━━━━
                                                      - - - - - - - - -

kiska166

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:19 pm
User Image
Oliver Davis

Oliver stared at Reyna, giving her a moment to take in everything he had just said as he waited for a solution. She had to have some idea on how to get rid of his problem. A perplexed look plastered itself onto the blond’s features. He only felt like this because of the kiss? What was he supposed to do about that, get his hands on a time-turner and stop himself from kissing Arnie? What if he didn’t want to? If he stopped himself from kissing her in the first place, he would always want to kiss her – not that kissing her once meant that he didn’t want to kiss her again, but at least he knew what it felt like.

“You honestly think it’s because she’s my first kiss?” Honestly, Oliver kind of hoped that was the case. Maybe he just liked kissing girls and he was confusing those feelings with actually having a crush. One way to fix that was to just kiss more girls, right? Reyna sure thought so. It didn’t sound like a half bad idea. If it popped into both of their minds, it couldn’t be that bad of an idea, right? “Yeah, that could be it,” he said, agreeing with the brunette. Brown eyes blinked at what Reyna said next, which seemed to make her feel embarrassed based on the fact that her voice went high and shrill and she waved her hands around. “Oh, uh, yeah. I do. Want to, I mean. Heh...” God, this was so awkward.

Oliver actually really wanted to kiss Reyna, too. Unfortunately, he didn’t take his small crush on her into account as he agreed to do this. Sitting next to her, Oliver cleared his throat with a small cough before leaning his head closer to hers, closing his eyes as he did so. When he could feel the warmth radiating off of her face, he knew he was close enough to reach her with his lips, so the boy puckered his lips lightly and kissed her softly for a moment. As soon as the kiss was over, Oliver slowly pulled his head back, immediately shifting his gaze down onto his lap once he opened his eyes. The kiss didn’t feel awkward, but the aftermath sort of did. Maybe that was because he and Rey were two very awkward teenagers whereas Arnie was super bubbly and talkative, even after they shared a kiss. It still felt nice, though. “Sooo.....” he started after a moment of silence, shifting his gaze back up at Rey. He wasn’t really sure what he wanted to say, but he didn’t want to let another kiss go not talked about. However, just looking at his best friend gave him butterflies. Oh no. Did he have two major crushes now? Ollie did not see that coming. All he wanted was to not have any crushes, was that too much to ask for?

oyehh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:21 pm
User Image

R E Y N AxxxW H Y T E

Reyna didn't let her relief show through when Oliver confirmed that it was his first kiss. She didn't even know why she cared about that so much; maybe it was because Oliver was her best friend? She focused on what he was saying; she tried her hardest to seem uncaring and shrug casually when he agreed to kiss her. In reality, she felt a little relieved but the nerves overpowered that, and Rey fisted her suddenly clammy hands to hide them.

She tried to swallow subtly as Oliver came closer and leaned forward, and steeling herself, Rey did so as well, closing her eyes as she did. She felt his warm lips on her for a moment before he pulled back and Rey cautiously opened her eyes to see him avoiding looking at her directly as he remained quiet. Rey felt her nerves return ten-fold (not that they've ever left); was it bad? Did she do something wrong, like have bad breath or anything? Was it terrible compared to Arnie's kiss? She hadn't had any experience in kissing but it felt nice and her lips were still tingling pleasantly. Her face heated up even more as she went over what they did again. She was struck by the sudden fear that the lip gloss she'd started applying might have rubbed off on him, but thankfully there wasn't any evidence of it she after examined his lips discreetly, I must have eaten it all off before coming here.

She was distracted from her racing thoughts when Oliver awkwardly broke the silence, which made her let out a chuckle that led to full blown laughter. I hope he doesn't think I'm making fun of him. "I'm sorry," she giggled, trying to catch her breath. "I'm not laughing at you, it's just that this situation is just so ridiculous and unexpected and..." she trailed off, unable to come up with a sufficient word to describe what just happened now, especially her own reactions. This was Oliver! Her best friend! She shook herself out of it, "Yeah, I was being weird back then, sorry."

Rey let the silence continue for a moment as she struggled to say something. She finally settled for asking if it helped, if a little, otherwise it would've been pointless, even though it was very pleasant. "That was.. nice. Did it help?" She resolutely ignored the fluttering feeling in her chest; it had to go away sometime soon.

f e e l i n gxxnervousxxxxxw e a r i n gxxplaid

o o c
                                                      ━━━━
                                                      - - - - - - - - -

kiska166

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:22 pm
User Image
Oliver Davis

Oliver raised an eyebrow in confusion when Reyna erupted in wild laughter. What was she laughing at? Was it at him? Did he do something weird? Or maybe he sucked at kissing? Oh no – now he kissed two girls he liked and he sucked? Maybe that was why Arnie never said anything about their kiss. In that moment, Rey apologized for laughing and explained what had even come over her. “Yeah,” he agreed slowly, scratching the back of his neck. This situation was ridiculous and unexpected. Ollie had just shared a kiss with his best friend; her first kiss. This was a big deal. Or was it? It was just a kiss. An itty, bitty little peck on the lips that brought out so many of his feelings. He wanted to know if it meant anything to her, but how was he going to find that out if he didn’t want to ask and make things awkward between them? Things were awkward between he and Arnie, he didn’t want the same thing to happen here although the situations were a tad contrasting. It was awkward between he and Arnie because they hadn’t talked about it, but things would be awkward between he and Rey if they did talk about it. Ugh. This whole thing was giving him a headache.

“It’s okay,” he said, accepting her apology for being weird. I’m probably being weirder, he thought even though her laughing fit was definitely odd, but not completely unexpected. He’d known the girl for over two years now and they were best friends, which probably just made this whole kissing thing even more awkward. The two sat in silence for the next moment. Staring ahead, Ollie took in what had just happened and was trying to process what he felt and what it all meant when Reyna broke the silence. Brown eyes looked back at her, a small smile forming on his lips when she said it was nice. “Um,” he said hesitantly. Did it help? He didn’t know. “I think so, maybe,” he said, half lying, half unsure. Thinking about Arnie, he realized his feelings weren’t as intense for her anymore. Or maybe they were still as intense, but his feelings for Rey climbed to approximately the same level. Now, he wouldn’t be hung up on thinking about one girl, it was two. In a way, it helped because his eggs – in this case, his heart – weren’t all in one basket. But in another way, it doubled his problem? He didn’t know how Rey felt besides the fact that she thought of their kiss as nice. However, he wasn’t about to ask. Instead, Oliver hoped she would just tell him, but he doubted she would.

oyehh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:09 am
It's not simple to say
Most days I don't recognize me
It's not easy to know
I'm not anything like I used to be
Although it's true
I was never attention's sweet center
I still remember that girl

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
𝚕𝚢𝚍𝚒𝚊
𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎
𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛

muggleborn │ fourth year │ hufflepuff

"Calm down," Mark said irritably.

Liddie was finding it very hard to be calm. It was a perfectly warm, pleasant spring day, and the sun was shining, but she felt ill. Why couldn't he ever grasp that sometimes, it made perfect sense to freak out? They couldn't all be utterly emotionless at all times. Besides, he showed emotion all the time: anger, frustration- she could go on.

"I have OWLs next year!" she snapped. "If they pull me out of school now I'll never be able to get a job!"

He snorted. "I didn't know you were so eager to join the workforce."

"I'm not going to live with my parents for the rest of my life!" she retorted hotly.

She couldn't deal with them anymore. Mum had found both her makeup and a letter from Mark over the Easter holiday, and the aftermath had... not been pretty. Dad was furious, Mum was aghast, and they were both threatening to not let her return to Hogwarts in the fall, unless she swore to break things off with her boyfriend. They'd also insinuated that her and Mark were- that she might be- well, they weren't, and she wasn't a slut, and if that's what they thought, then they could- well, to quote Mark, they could go ******** themselves.

Fifteen was old enough to make her own choices, Liddie thought defiantly. She'd known her parents would be upset when they found out, but she thought they'd understand eventually. She wasn't a little girl anymore, to be told what to do and who to speak to. What had they expected? Just because Essie couldn't even find anyone- she felt guilty for thinking it, but it was true, boys never noticed her sister- didn't mean Liddie was the exact same. Besides, her and Mark had been together since October, and now it was April. That was six months!

Mark was looking at her oddly. Liddie tensed slightly, suddenly wary, waiting for whatever it was he was going to say. Mark didn't have parents, not really. His mum had left when he was five, and his dad was never home. But he didn't like to talk about that, at all, and so after one or two attempts which had resulted in him snapping and her in tears, she'd left it alone. He'd talk when he was ready. Or maybe never.

"Maybe you don't have to live with your parents," he suggested lightly.

Liddie still felt uneasy. "What do you mean? I can't just- they'll see me when school ends."

He shrugged. "Not if you're not waiting for them at King's Cross."

"They'll- they'll be even angrier if I just don't come home," Liddie gaped at him. "Essie'll be looking for me."

"Essie's your sister, not your keeper," he scoffed. "Why can't you just come home with me?"

She stared at him. "What do you mean?"

"Lydia," he said curtly, as if she was being willfully obstinate. "I mean, don't go home at all. You hate your parents, and they hate you. Why would you want to spend another summer with them?"

She didn't, but there was a big jump from not wanting to be around her parents to- to living with him! Liddie had always been taught that unless they were related, a man and woman never lived together before marriage. Privately, she'd always thought that when she and Mark got engaged, then they could live together, since that was almost married. But they were a long way off from that, weren't they?

"I- I don't know," she stammered, not wanting to come right out and argue with him about it. They'd already had an awful fight two weeks ago, and he'd called her terrible things. But she'd provoked it by needling him about some girl he'd been looking at in the hall, and he'd apologized... eventually. Still, she wasn't looking for a repeat right now. Mark could be a bit frightening when he was angry with her. Not that she'd thought he'd ever really hurt her, but-

"Well, just think about it," Mark said in an uncharacteristically mild tone, and wrapped his arms around her, resting his chin on her head. He was warm, and he smelled nice, and Liddie closed her eyes for a moment and tried to pretend that everything was alright again.

OOC:
Username

She's imperfect, but she tries
She is good, but she lies
She is hard on herself
She is broken and won't ask for help
She is messy, but she's kind
She is lonely most of the time
She is gone, but she used to be mine

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:23 am
User Image

( HalfbloodSixth Year HufflepuffDaily Dragon Writer, Prefect ) xx

All нe ever wαɴтed wαѕ тo вro-dowɴ
                                                        Wнαт we ѕυppoѕed тo do wιтн αll нιѕ ғrιeɴdѕ αroυɴd, yeαн
                                                        Sмoĸιɴɢ weed, нe'd ɴever wαɴɴα leαve тнe нoυѕe
                                                        Goт αɴ eмpтy cυѕнιoɴ oɴ тнαт ѕoғα ɴow
                                                        Told нιм, "Good lυcĸ wιтн тнe ɴeхт oɴe."
                                                        Mαyвe ѕнe'll вe jυѕт αѕ ιммαтυre
                                                        Goттα тнαɴĸ нιм, нe'ѕ тнe reαѕoɴ тнαт I ĸɴow ɴow wнαт I'м looĸιɴɢ ғor

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Erm, come again?"

Those were the first words Clara said as she listened to her friend Jim's stammering about his... feelings. For her? It was a chilly late autumn Saturday, the trees were already red and orange- and Clara still felt shivers even if she layered uniform attire. And a few hours ago, she and Jim were hanging out in the form of doing their homework in the library. They made a few jokes and made a lot of shared literary references here and there. Jim was a good person, she assumed, and he seemed affectionate somehow. Granted, she did the same to her friends, too, including Dris even if she pretty much suspected that Skylar has this sick love puppy crush on him it seemed. For her, affection didn't have to all romantic and she was sure Jim was just like her, too- like friends.

Well, except it turned out she was wrong after all when Jim Ottosen decided to repeat his words.

"I said that I- well- I like like you. Honestly... it's been like this since last year. And, you're like one of the nicest people I've met- makes me feel a bit hopeful given my situation. I mean, I have lots of friends, yeah, but you pretty much stand out among my friends, you know. I don't know why, until my friend Riet made me realize that I like you. So yeah..." Jim said in a hopeful tone, and Clara perceived it in a way that he was expecting that he will get an outcome. When it comes to anyone else, Clara would decline them immediately but now she's having a hard time doing the same to Jim. She knew how guys react when they got friendzoned after all! You know- screaming, creepiness, and crying in bed before they refused to believe that the girl can't feel the same way sometimes. It didn't help that sometimes, because she was obviously Filipino and a Hufflepuff, some people would assume that she was easy to get. Which was kind of insulting and unfair. That was why she built herself a personality to prove a point that she wasn't like that. At all. And it seemed to work.

"Look, Jim..." Clara scratched the back of her head, "Look, you're a really nice person. And, I like you... only as a friend. I mean, there's nothing wrong with you, honest, but it's just that I'm not really feeling the same way? And, you know, I can't force myself to like you."

And just as she feared, Jim's face faltered. As if hope just washed away from him. Clara braced herself for the worst, until she decided to add something more. "But well, we can still be friends, too. I hope this doesn't- well- I hope this doesn't ruin our friendship."

His face didn't change but he just nodded and added a small smile, "Oh, yeah. Sure, we can still hang out. I'm actually glad we still can." This was much to Clara's relief. Maybe she was giving Jim a bit of a leeway, but she was sure that Jim wasn't that type of guy. Now, she was just relieved that they can still be friends. "Thanks, I'm glad that it doesn't ruin... well, this. And uh, I'm going back to the common room now for my next class. See ya?"

"Yeah," Jim said, his face seemed surprisingly hopeful, "See you, let's hang out in Three Broomsticks in Saturday if you're free."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Gυyѕ мy αɢe doɴ'т ĸɴow нow тo тreαт мe
                                                        Doɴ'т ĸɴow нow тo pleαѕe мe; doɴ'т ĸɴow нow тo reαd мe
                                                        Gυyѕ мy αɢe doɴ'т ĸɴow нow тo тeαѕe мe
                                                        Doɴ'т ĸɴow нow тo leαve мe; doɴ'т ĸɴow нow тo ɴeed мe
                                                        Gυyѕ мy αɢe doɴ'т ĸɴow нow тo тoυcн мe, doɴ'т ĸɴow нow тo love мe ɢood

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - Mid-late Autumnxx
                                                        wнere - Viaductxxxx
                                                        wιтн - James "Jim" Ottosen
                                                        xxxxxx

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items