Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Herbology Store

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:27 pm
The Herbology Store

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"The Herbology Store is a room used to store Herbology equipment. Its walls are covered in shelves filled with boxes, shears, pots, jars, among other items. This storeroom connects the Training Grounds to the Herbology Greenhouses."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:22 pm
User ImageUser Image

xxxxxThe sun was just about to set as Pandora entered the Herbology Store. Today was one of the days that the professor didn't have any classes, and so she had spent it taking care of the plants in the greenhouses. All she had to do was put away the supplies she had been using and then she could head back to her office for the night. She may not have had any classes, but she was still the Head of Hufflepuff, which meant that she was still responsible for students. Generally, her house was pretty quiet, but there were still a few instances where there was trouble.

xxxxxThe professor had just about finished putting away all of the supplies she had been using, when she noticed that the Store was a bit messy. "I swear, these students," Pandora sighed. She really didn't mind cleaning up after them, but it did get to be a bit annoying. At some point perhaps she would have to put up a sign. Or maybe she should let the other herbology professor know. Pandora never really had much of a chance to talk with the woman. Perhaps she should go introduce herself at some point.

OOC: This is a private scene with myself (Pandora and Romulus). Please ask before intruding. Otherwise, serious injury may occur. Everything that occurs in this scene will effect Herbology IV-VII and Wandlore Studies from 6/7/14 until otherwise indicated. Location changed from plot request due to me being unsure if Victor left Pandora's office and wanting to get this scene out of the way.

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:32 pm
User Image

xxxxxYears had come and gone, and yet nothing. Absolutely nothing! Had she forgotten? Sure, it had been decades since they had been in these halls as students, but Romulus had not forgotten. Maybe if Pandora had made an attempt at fixing things, it wouldn't have gotten this bad. They could have kept going on with their lives. Her teaching her class, and him teaching his, but no longer. She hadn't even attempted an apology.

xxxxxThe wandlore professor had been to Pandora's office only to discover she wasn't there. Being a clever man, he knew that left only a few other places that she could be. He wasn't going to wait. He had waited long enough. He had checked the gardens, but did not find her. He was on his way to the greenhouses when he decided to check the Herbology Store. That was when he found her. She seemed to be straightening up the room. How long until she noticed he was standing there?

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

OOC;

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:43 pm
User ImageUser Image

xxxxxPandora had just about finished putting everything away. Most of the time, she forgot just how much was kept in the store. Perhaps during the summer she would take inventory and get rid of some things. She had been meaning to do that for quite a while now. This summer was looking like just the time to do it. It wasn't like she had anything else to do. The professor had no family of her own. She had no romantic partner, not to say she didn't look.

xxxxxThe professor turned around to leave to find her path blocked by a man. It wasn't just any man, it was Romulus, the wandlore professor, and one of the people she graduated with. "Romulus, what are you doing here?" she asked. It was odd to see another professor, specifically one who didn't teach herbology down in the store. They usually wanted something, and after all the cleaning Pandora had just done, she did not want anyone tearing it apart.

OOC:

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:08 pm
User Image

xxxxxIt was about time that she noticed. He had been standing there for quite a few minutes, at least that's what it felt like to him. Of course, that was nothing. "I'm here because I figured you'd be down here," Romulus said as he walked closer to the woman. "And because there's been something bothering me." The professor's hand moved down to his wand. All of this was going to be solved here and now.

xxxxx"You know, I could see myself getting married to her, but then you had to get in the way," he said as he took out his wand, pointing it at her. "You had to ruin everything!

OOC;

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:35 pm
User ImageUser Image

xxxxxTo be honest, Pandora was a bit bothered that Romulus knew where to find her without her being in her office. Perhaps she wouldn't be so bothered if this wasn't the first time that they had spoken he had come back to Hogwarts. The last time they had a conversation, it didn't exactly end on a good note, and that was a long time ago. What worried her even more was that she knew that Romulus was exactly the kind to hold grudges. It just surprised her that he had lasted this long. "Romulus, you know all of that was an accident," she said, looking around the room. There was no where she could run, and she doubted that anyone would be around to help her. He wasn't going to let this go.

xxxxxThe Hufflepuff felt her heart start beating rapidly, as though it were about to burst out of her chest and run away when Romulus pulled out his wand. She was right. He wasn't going to let this go. "Now you're just exaggerating. Don't you think that if you had ever gone to Zoe and explained what happened that none of this would have happened?" she asked. Pandora was terrified of what Romulus might do with his wand. He wasn't one to listen to reason and emotion could be such a dangerous thing.

OOC:

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:05 pm
User Image

xxxxx"Was it Pandora? Was it really?" Romulus asked, his voice full of venom. It was her fault. It had to be her fault. Anything she did now would be far too late, years too late. He had lost Zoe. He knew that. He was surprised that she even remembered why he would even be here, pointing his wand at her. She seemed to have completely moved on. Why would she remember the things of their years at Hogwarts?

xxxxx"We were over the moment all of that happened! And now you think you can tell me how to make it better? No!" he exclaimed, flicking his wand. Some boxes fell off the shelf. Romulus needed to end this before it was too late. Certainly someone had heard the boxes and would come looking. "Imperio!" the man cast before leaving the store. He wouldn't actually hurt Pandora. That would be too easy. He was going to ruin her life.

OOC; Exit Romulus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:13 pm
User ImageUser Image

xxxxxPandora was taken back by the force with which Romulus spoke. She knew he could hold grudges, and that holding grudges could cause poison to build within a person. But could it really be that much? All of this had happened decades ago. Perhaps that had been long enough for it to build up to cause all of this.

xxxxxThe herbology professor flinched as Romulus caused some boxes to fall. She was too scared to even care about the mess that he made. What was he going to do? Her eyes were wide with terror as she tried to think of his next move. Pandora just hoped it wouldn't be death. She loved teaching, and that was something she wouldn't be able to do from beyond the grave. Well, unless she came back as a ghost, but she really didn't want to be a ghost. She'd never be able to actually die.

xxxxxHer answer came sooner than expected. Romulus aimed his wand at her and fired. She immediately became more relaxed to the point where it felt like she was floating. Everything was fine. Pandora watched as Romulus left the store and followed him.

OOC: Exit Pandora, End Scene, Begin Fun Chaos Time o3o

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:23 pm
gaia_bunny William Gregory Thomas gaia_grunny
Gryffindor Third Year
Creature Appreciation gaia_bear Animal Enthusiast

"Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened."

Will was confused - why was it so urgent to talk right now? He had slipped a note to Tam at the start of Herbology, wanting to comfort him, to let Tam know he didn't have to hide who he was. He had planned on giving Tam that note during there morning free block, but William had slept in instead. Will wasn't confused why it looked like Tam was nervous all of Herbology, instead of relieved.

Will had suspected Tam might have a big secret to hide, something that would hurt him if anyone else knew - and that secret was only confirmed during Herbology, Magical Creatures, and DADA. It wouldn't be GREAT if the rest of the school knew, of course Will understood this should be kept top secret so no one would abuse Tam.

Will let out a huff as, once Herbology class ended (A few minutes early!) Tam pulled him into the storage area - as if they were going to the training grounds and not to History of Magic. Will was bummed a little, he had planned to go see Nora before she had Transfiguration - since she had free blocks before and after, he figured he'd be able to find her before rushing to history of magic.

But friends came first.

He leaned against the wall of the store room, picking up a pair of shears and opening and closing them, "You know I'm all for skipping class, but I would rather do it on a day that they have Care of Magical Creatures so I can sit in. Unless you wanted to go to the forest? Hunt down our own creatures? Would you feel more at home there?"

"Good thing I loved Karah so long ago."

Setting: Herbology Store Room after class on Wednesday Post break
Thinking about: We could be in the forest??
Description: some height with some look
Wearing: School robes

Cinnabun Gryffie

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:26 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Herbology Storeroom
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Will
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Exposing Secrets?!?!
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? That's just a cruel thing to say!

Tàmhas had been excited to go to to Herbology. The new teacher was super nice and always seemed proud that Tàm was good with the plants. That morning specifically, he was grabbing everything needed for class when a note fell from atop his book. He carefully unfolded it, then gasped aloud at the words written before him. "I know your secret" with a little smiley face at the end like it would fix the issue. Green eyes looked over to stare at Will, the owner of such handwriting. Before anyone else could see, the brunette shoved the note into his pocket, but he couldn't stop the worry from bubbling up in his chest.

He couldn't even pay attention to class, a frown settled on his normally happy face. He tried to focus on the task at hand, but he couldn't seem to concentrate. The second Professor Aza dismissed them, Tàm pushed around everyone and grabbed Will by the wrist. "Ye 'n' me need tae blether. Richt noo, Uilleam." Trying to find somewhere safe, the shorter boy pulled Will along to the Herbology storeroom and closed the door behind them.

As he flicked on the light, green eyes glimmered, though his face was for once rather serious. Will fiddled with a pair of shears, making a joke about goofing off in the forest... then asking Tàm if he might feel more at home there. That caused a bubble of anger to move through the shorter teen, a frown settled on his face. "Howfur dare ye say that tae me?? If ye ken mah secret, then that juist... It juist mak's ye downright mean. Whit's wrong wi' ye?"

Tàm crossed his arms over his chest, tapping his toes impatiently. If Will knew Tàm had nearly perished in a forest fire, why they heck would he joke about the forest?? What kind of person would do that?! He'd always trusted his pals 100%, but this was making him worry he'd need to rethink. Will was always so nice, and he and Tàm often had talks about all kinds of magical creatures... but now Will was holding over his secret... it just hurt. Despite his momentary anger, it was now gone, replaced by worry and more anxiety than he had ever felt. What was he supposed to do here??

{{Wearing :: School Uniform with a fluffy sweater}}
          {{1 - "You and me need to talk. Right now, William."
          2 - "How dare you say that to me?? If you know my secret, then that just... it just makes you downright mean. What is wrong with you?"}}
          Stefan Lee Salvatore

I, I'ᴍ sɪᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴏғ ʙᴇɪɴɢ sɪᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ
          Aɴᴅ ʟᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ɴᴇɢᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ᴄᴏʟʟɪᴅᴇ
          Wʜʏ ʙᴇᴛʀᴀʏ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ɪs ᴍɪɴᴇ
          Gᴏᴛ ɴᴏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ sɪᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴅᴇʟɪɴᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴘʟᴀʏ
          Tʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ
          Gᴏᴛᴛᴀ sᴛʀɪᴋᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ sʜɪɴᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ
          Pᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ sᴀʏ, I'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ
          I'ᴍ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. I'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴠɪʙᴇ
          I'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴍʏ ʟɪғᴇ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:23 am
Gryffindor Third Year

William was taken aback - Tamhas was...angry? Said that William was mean? What had he done? He had sent a nice note, with a little smile on it and everything - how had this gone so poorly? Will stumbled over his next few words, looking down at his feet, "Well it's just. You know. After my studies on magical creatures I suspected - but it really clicked when uh...when you know - Professor Azalea said she was a wood Nymph. And well, you had never TOLD anyone that you were, ya know. So I just, thought I'd let you know that I knew so you could confide in me about it." He sat down the shears and began fidgeting with his bag strap not being able to stand still from this tension.

He looked up from his feet and looked Tam in the eyes, and just started talking without taking a breath, "I know you're a Wood Nymph Tam. Well - half Nymph I suspect. And I just. I thought since you were part nymph you'd enjoy being in the forest more than being crammed in the castle - you know I haven't really had much conversation with a half wood nymph - so I don't know what you need or don't need. I just. I thought I would try..something... and most importantly try and be your friend and let you know that I had your back." He stopped fidgeting and crossed his arms, looking back down at his feet - maybe he shouldn't have said anything, maybe Tam was angry because he thought William would want to experiment on him - but shouldn't Tam know, he didn't want to harm others he just wanted to be friends with them.

Thinking about: What did I do??
Description: 5'3" tall boy with brown hair and blue eyes

Cinnabun Gryffie

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:39 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Will
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Learning Truths
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Why would he think I was a wood nymph?

Tàmhas was worried when Will seemed shocked by his reaction. The taller boy started to explain something of his magical creature studies, then something on about their Herbology professor. He'd commented on Tàm never telling anyone, but himself wanting to be a confidant. "Whit urr ye talking aboot, Uilleam?" The smaller brunette tilted his head, like a puppy trying to figure out a new trick.

The Gryffindor continued, telling Tàm he was a wood nymph. That got a reaction. His eyes went wide at that news, the Hufflepuff looking entirely startled. Since when was he a wood nymph?! But that explained Will's thoughts on why he might like the forest more than the castle. He even tried to say he'd never had conversation with a half wood nymph before and didn't know what Tàm might need. He just wanted to be a friend, but Tàm had immediately assumed the worst.

"Och wull, a'm sorry ah flew intae anger. Ah should've kent ye hud ainlie th' happiest o' thoughts. Ah... Ne'er wid hae thought ah wis a wood nymph. Howfur... How come did ye think ah micht be? a've ne'er thought anythin' lik' that. A've aye bin juist... Tàm." He felt a weird weight in his chest as he tried to figure everything out. He thought back to the stories Pa always told him. He was a gift from the very forest... Suddenly, everything seemed to be clicking into place.

"Och.... Wull... That mak's a scary bit o' sense. Ah... Ah dae hae a secret. Th' yin ah thought ye knew. Let me explain..." he sighed softly, trying to think up the best way to do this. With a deep inhale, Tàm pushed up his sleeves, showing the least... horrible of his many burn scars. "Whin ah wis juist a bairn, mah mither, ah assume, hud left me at th' base o' a tree in th' woods. Somehow, that day, th' forest wis freuch 'n' thare wis a forest fire. Pa... Pa fun me in th' midst o' th' blaze 'n' rescued me. That's... Th' ainlie reason a'm alive. Ah lost mah shank, bit kept oan living."

He glanced at the floor, worried about Will's reaction. What if he got mad that Tàm hadn't confided in him earlier? What if he started in like the rest of Arden, claiming Tàm was a freak, a jinx, or a monster. He pulled his sleeves back down, crossing his arms over his tummy as he waited in worry for his friend's reaction. "A'm sorry ah git crabbit, wull, ah shuid hae kent ye hae mah best thoughts at yer hert. Ah git sae worried thinking ye micht nae lik' me anymair efter learning mah bygane."

{{1 - "What are you talking about, William?
          2 - "Oh Will, I'm sorry I flew into anger. I should've known you had only the happiest of thoughts. I... never would have thought I was a Wood Nymph. How... why did you think I might be? I've never thought anything like that. I've always been just... Tàm."
          3 - "Oh.... Will... that makes a scary bit of sense. I... I do have a secret. The one I thought you knew. Let me explain..."
          4 - "When I was just a baby, my mother, I assume, had left me at the base of a tree in the woods. Somehow, that day, the forest was dry and there was a forest fire. Pa... Pa found me in the midst of the blaze and rescued me. That's... the only reason I'm alive. I lost my leg, but kept on living."
          5 - "I'm sorry I got angry, Will, I should have known you have my best thoughts at your heart. I got so worried thinking you might not like me anymore after learning my past."}}
          Stefan Lee Salvatore

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:34 am
Gryffindor Third Year

William's eyes widened as Tam told him what had happened to him as a child, no wonder the forest comment set him into anger, William stepped forward and wrapped his arms around his friend in a hug, "I'm sorry Tam - I guess I could have worded that better."

He stepped back, his hands still on tam's shoulders, "I started suspecting you were a wood nymph last year - you're just so short, and you're always humming or fiddling away. You're super cooperative, like, if we suggest you do something you just - well you think about it and you do it." He pulled his hands off of tam and shrugged, "But then we got the new herbology professor, and now I'm more certain than ever - if your Da found you in the woods, I bet one of your parents was a wood nymph"

A mischievous light flicked across William's face, "TAM! WHAT IF WE GO ON A HUNT THIS SUMMER?! WE CAN GO FIND YOUR PARENT." William was excited about the idea - looking for a wood nymph with a wood nymph? What fun that could be!

That was when the last bit of Tam's story hit home, as William was trying to figure out which forest to look in, "Wait you mean you lost your leg in an accident and not as a fashion choice? Wow. That. Makes a lot more sense."

Thinking about: Oh. that's what I did.
Description: 5'3" tall boy with brown hair and blue eyes

Cinnabun Gryffie

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:16 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Will
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Learning Truths
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Maybe I need to talk to Professor Aza...

Tàmhas felt a bubble of his normal sunshine-y happiness when Will stepped forward to give him a hug. Tàm, of course, happily reciprocated, giving his best bear hug with his strong little arms. "Dinna fash yirsel, ye hud na wey tae ken! ah shouldn't hae bin sae snappy." The smaller teen said softly, feeling bad for his momentary upset. Will stepped back a bit, though he kept his hands on Tàm's shoulders. Tàm lifted his hands up, resting them on Will's arms.

Will, luckily, explained how he'd come to figure out that Tàm was of a nymphic sway. "Sae a'm short fur a'm a nymph? ah thought ah juist wis aff tae skelp a growth spurt efter oan! 'n' ah juist lik' tae hum. Thir's loads o' guid songs gaun aboot. Bit whit does me bein' cooperative hae tae dae wi' anythin'?" He tilted his head a bit, releasing Will's arms when the Gryffindor moved them back. He explained that because Pa had found him in the woods, it meant one of his parents was a wood nymph.

Before Tàm had a moment to reply, Will shouted out about going on a hunt to find his parent. At that, Tàm's face drew a solemn expression. "Na offense, bit ah awready ken whaur mah parent is. He's at hame in th' but and ben, likelie workin' solid in th' forge. Ah dinnae need ony parent wha wid lea me tae perish under a tree." He clucked his tongue, a small smile returning to his lips. Will seemed to catch up to the story Tàm had spun, asking about losing his leg to an accident, rather than fashion. A laugh escaped the green-eyed boy, as he spoke through giggles,

"Och aye, th' fashion accessory o' a lifetime. A loupin bonus shank. Mak's sense, aye Uill?"

{{1 - "Don't worry, you had no way to know! I shouldn't have been so snappy."
          2 - "So I'm short because I'm a nymph? I thought I just was going to hit a growth spurt later on! And I just like to hum. There's lots of good songs going about. But what does me being cooperative have to do with anything?"
          3 - "No offense, but I already know where my parent is. He's at home in the cottage, probably working hard in the forge. I don't need any parent who would leave me to perish under a tree."
          4 - "Oh yes, the fashion accessory of a lifetime. A painful bonus leg. Makes sense, right Will?"}}
          Stefan Lee Salvatore

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain