Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Gardens Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:10 pm
User Image
User Image

w e x d o n ' t x b e l i e v e x w h a t ' s x o n x T V - - -
f i r s t x y e a r x r a v e n c l a w x
t h e x g a r d e n s
a s p e n x h i l l
w h a t x n o w

Rhiannon jumped at the other girl's voice, nearly snapping her textbook shut, as if she were reading something she shouldn't be. Being labelled a "nerd" or something of that nature was not something she was overly interested in. However, realizing it was only Laurel, she calmed down a bit. "It's cool, weather's nice," Rhiannon said, nonchalantly, looking up at Laurel, except it wasn't Laurel. She bit the inside of her cheek as the gears turned inside her head. They looked rather similar, but not the same, it must be the other sister, "Aspen, is it? I'm Rhiannon, Laurel's mentioned you," Rhiannon felt the need to explain why she knew her name, not that she shouldn't, they have had classes together, but she figured it might be unsettling for people to just...know your name. She slid a neatly rolled scroll into her bag, making sure she wasn't taking up too much room. Rhiannon was grateful it was easy to tell her and Gideon apart, she'd had to be constantly mistaken for someone else. She should be able to stand out on her own, not only because she had a twin. Rhiannon pursed her lips as she realized she hadn't spent much time with Gideon. Well, she'd have to fix that. She missed not actually having to say words to communicate.

"The poppies are pretty right now," she said, gesturing slightly to them. Rhiannon had never been much of an artist, but if she were, she'd like to think she'd draw flowers and other botanical pictures. Or paint sunrises. She'd just have to wake up early enough to get to a good place to see them.

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾- - - - - - - - - - - - a n d x w h a t x w e x w a n t x w e x k n o w x w e x c a n ' t x b e l i e v ex - - - - - - - - - - - -☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:59 am
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Gardens
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Rhiannon
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Study Break
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Haha I knew it

Aspen nodded politely when the girl said it was cool if she joined. Also, that the weather was nice. "It is a lovely day indeed. Nice to be amongst the plants." She took in a deep breath, letting the cool air fill her lungs. It was so nice compared to the stuffy Slytherin dorms. After a few seconds, the girl questioned her name, though she also issued her own, which was nice. "Yep. I'm Aspen. It's nice to meet you as well, especially since you're friends with my sister." She grinned, moving to sit on the now-clear bench. She reached back and tugged her hair free of the tie she'd put in it, letting her long hair dance on the breeze. Her eyes lulled to a close as she took a moment to relax from the school week, only to be interrupted as Rhiannon spoke again. "You're right, they're beautiful. I like the roses as well, especially the little ones just about to bloom." She gestured to a few buds only barely opening toward the sun.

Rawwry

Hᴇʏ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴡɪʟᴅꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ, ɢʀᴏᴡɪɴ' ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴsʜɪɴᴇ, sᴏᴀᴋɪɴ' ᴜᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴏꜰ ʟɪꜰᴇ I ᴡᴀs ʀᴀɪsᴇᴅ ɪɴ
          Rᴜɴɴɪɴ' ʙᴀʀᴇꜰᴏᴏᴛ, ʙʟᴏᴏᴍɪɴ' ɪɴ ᴀ sᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ sʜᴏᴡᴇʀ, ᴘᴏɴʏᴛᴀɪʟ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴ', I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘ ɪᴛ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴡɪʟᴅꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ
          Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴄᴏᴛᴛᴏɴ ᴅʀᴇss ʜᴀɴɢɪɴ' ɪɴ ᴍʏ sɪsᴛᴇʀs ᴄʟᴏsᴇᴛ. I ᴛʜɪɴᴋ I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʙᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇᴀʀ ɪᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴇᴇᴋᴇɴᴅ
          Pᴀɪɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ᴛᴏᴇs, ʙᴏᴜɢʜᴛ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴄʜᴇʀʀʏ ʟɪᴘ ɢʟᴏss. ɴᴏ ʀᴏsᴇ, ɴᴏ ᴅᴀɪsʏ, ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ɢᴏᴛ
          I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ ɴᴇᴇᴅs ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ sᴜɴ, ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ, ᴀɴ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ꜰɪᴇʟᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴘʟᴀʏ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:16 pm
User Image
User Image

w e x d o n ' t x b e l i e v e x w h a t ' s x o n x T V - - -
f i r s t x y e a r x r a v e n c l a w x
t h e x g a r d e n s
a s p e n x h i l l
w h a t x n o w

Rhiannon nodded in agreement, she was a fan of the temperature. It wasn't like, a thousand degrees outside but it also wasn't negative twenty degrees either. Which, considering the wide range of temperatures in between the two, it wasn't that impressive, but she was still very content. As much as the snow excited her initially, she knew later she'd be grumpy, cold and soggy. But at least it was pretty. She felt that was a startlingly accurate understanding of life. At least it was pretty. Rhiannon shook the thought out of her brain. She was much too young to have an existential crisis. Let alone in front of someone she barely knew. "Gideon's my brother, but he's in Hufflepuff, so you probably have only really spoken to him in class. Not that he'd do much talking," she said, making a joke at her brother's expense.

The girl settled into a mildly uncomfortable silence, because she felt like she should keep the conversation going, mostly because there was someone sitting next to her. Feeling as if it was socially correct to make sure the other person felt as if they were being paid attention to, or at least acknowledged, Rhiannon began to open her mouth to say something else. Anything else. She wasn't too sure what to talk about. And Aspen seemed content in the silence. Until she mentioned roses, "Yeah, I like the red," she said, albeit awkwardly, "Though I am a particularly big fan of lavender, especially when it's fragrant and you just catch a whiff of it as your passing by, it's nice."

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾- - - - - - - - - - - - a n d x w h a t x w e x w a n t x w e x k n o w x w e x c a n ' t x b e l i e v ex - - - - - - - - - - - -☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:56 am
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

third year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Art Club seamstress || Astronomy Club baker || Adventurer's Guild paladin || Cooking Club pâtissière
Dueling Club duelist || Fencing club squire || Martial Arts Club founder || Quidditch beater

Third year was whizzing by for Aidene. Any moment not spent in class or club was spent regretfully actually doing homework. She was hard pressed spending time with even her closest friends outside of clubs, classes, and Quidditch practice. If life was a game, it was a very complicated roleplaying game with way too many resource management and micromanaging mechanics. But Rhea seemed to be making progress on her Dating Sim quests, and the subject of Life the Otome brought Aidene to today, armed with a picnic basket with a bunch of her date’s favorite foods.

Date? Could this count as a date? Previously these were just hangouts, where Aidene and her fifth year crush would meet at the lake, paint or sew, read or chat for a few hours. At first Aidene had just liked hanging out with the pretty older student, watching her draw or paint, but as they hung out more, Aidene got the most wonderful flutter in her chest just thinking about her. Maybe after today they could be dates!

With that happy possibility in mind, Aidene reached the gardens a full half hour before they were supposed to meet to admire the last of the winter flowers. She set the picnic basket up in a beautiful spot near a fountain, picked an assortment of little flowers, then busied herself fiddling with her sketchbook as she awaited Charlotte.

Dates? Girlfriend? Please please please with a cherubi on top!

User ImageUser Image User Image

I'm on fire with a blade.
You're about to hear my name
Ringing in your head like oh
So keep your eyes on me now
You'll like whatever you see.

~"Pop/Stars" by K/DA (ft. Madison Beer, (G)I-DLE, Jaira Burns) from League of Legends

addaellis

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:59 pm
User ImageUser Image
Charlotte Richardson - Connelly
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixteen Years Old - Pureblood
Twin & Step Sister

Charlotte had been enjoying the year without the stress and pressure that she’d had in recent years. Though she had little clue how to tell her mother what she planned on doing (instead of not what was required of her). For now, she’d worry about it later and just stick with enjoying the time she had with friends. One such friend she planned on seeing today. Her third year housemate Aidene was a good friend. Despite being several years younger they had quite a bit in common and she was fun to be around.

Usually the two would meet down by the lake but today they were meeting in the gardens for a picnic. It was a relaxing thing to do especially with the plants. There were definitely some interesting ones. Granted Charlotte was no master plant whisper or anything. She left that to Stella who was far better in the plant understanding department.

Like always Charlotte came equipped with her sketchbook. It was the one thing she refused to leave the common room without. Mostly because she didn’t have to worry about anyone questioning her life choices, even if said life choice was just a hobby.

As the red head traversed through the gardens, she came to find Aidene over by the fountain all set up. Heading over she tried her best to avoid skipping like a naive kid despite always being that whimsical sometimes. “Hey Aidene, nice set up. I hope you weren’t waiting to long.” She greeted her with a smile. Aidene sure had gone all out it looked like.

Company : Aidene

OOC : Sorry for the late reply ^^;

addaellis

tab tab _ My dear child, is that truly what you want?
                                                                        tab _ To be just like your sister, to please your mother?
                                                                        tab tab tab tab No, I see greater things for you
                                                                        I think you'll be surprised by what you discover about yourself
                                                                        tab tab tab _ Yes, I think you'll do quite well in
                                                                        tab tab tab tab tab tab Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:00 pm
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

third year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Art Club seamstress || Astronomy Club baker || Adventurer's Guild paladin || Cooking Club pâtissière
Dueling Club duelist || Fencing club squire || Martial Arts Club founder || Quidditch beater

“Good afternoon!” Aidene piped when Charlotte appeared. ”N-No, I was just excited! Help yourself!”

She set her doodles aside and poured some warm cider. ”So I know we’re usually at the lake, but just check out the flowers! Aannnd I got this one for you,” she said, offering Charlotte a single pink rose, tied off with a little bit of ribbon embroidered with a matching pink flower. ”How are your quests going?” She asked, her way of asking how life was.

----

After a pleasant hour of light conversation, Aidene was doodling companionably and glanced over, her heart in a little flutter. She was getting nervous again. What if Charlotte didn’t feel the same way? What if she just saw Aidene as a little sister? Three years wasn’t that much of an age gap, right? Oh gosh, what if she was straight?

No no, Aidene had made a decision to confess her feelings, one way or another. She’d practiced her words. Confidence! Maybe not as much confidence as just kissing the hell out he in a corner of Hogwarts, but confidence! Just be confident and tell her your feelings. And then ask her out!

”Uhm! Charlotte! I had a question! Would you--Would you like dessert?! I made a strawberry cheesecake cake balls?” she finished quickly, reaching into the basket for a tin of small desserts garnished with strawberry slices.

She watched nervously for her older friend's reaction, but instead of an actual response, blurted, "I like you, Charlotte! Like, like-like you! Would you go out with me?”

User ImageUser Image User Image

I'm on fire with a blade.
You're about to hear my name
Ringing in your head like oh
So keep your eyes on me now
You'll like whatever you see.

~"Pop/Stars" by K/DA (ft. Madison Beer, (G)I-DLE, Jaira Burns) from League of Legends

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:27 am
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
sixth year || Slytherin Prefect || muggleborn
Daily Dragon managing editor || Language club captain || Quidditch Announcer

August dusted the soil off his hands with a sigh. The soil was fine. The water was fine. He’d checked sunlight and temperature and everything he could possibly think of a hundred times, but there just didn’t seem to be a rational reason for why his small pot of dittany was suddenly dying. He’d planted this pot of dittany himself two years ago, and ever since it had been his daily routine to check in and talk to it. It had marked a new period in his relationship with Herbology--one in which his efforts actually seemed to bear fruit. It had been an encouragement when he was studying for herbology last year. It had nearly died in December— overnight the flowers had retreated and one of the clumps had withered into dust. He’d brought it back after that though, and it had been fine...but over winter break, streaks of brittle brown started curling through the leaves just as streaks of white were starting to show in his hair. The leaves were starting to droop, and what should have been wooly gray hair was more like a yellow wax. It was dying, slowly but surely.

August sat with the plant outside as he tended to his other plants. He had a few reference texts out, but he had them all memorized anyways and was concentrating on trying to keep his other plants. They hadn’t nearly died, but they all seemed to be droopy after the break. By all accounts, he was doing everything right. So the fact that all his plants seemed to be miserable was just another drop of stress and confusion in a carefully concealed downpour of pressure and expectation.

He went back to trimming a few dead leaves away. Thinking he was alone, he gave a long sigh of reassignment. "Why do you refuse to thrive?"

setting Gardens, January 2049 || with Just him and some stubborn plants
wearing Brown linen shirt + jeans, with leather jacket. +glasses || status Stressed and frustrated and confused and exhausted

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Even now as I write this down
All pretensions disappear
Now our impulses will bite
At the ankles of our fear
You're connected to the heart
But tonight we'll set you free

"Swallow the Knife" by Story of the Year , cover by Peter Hollens

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:56 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ѕσмєωнєяє ιи тнє єи∂ σf αℓℓ тнιѕ нαтє
                                                          тнєяє'ѕ α ℓιgнт αнєα∂ тнαт ѕнιиєѕ ιитσ тнιѕ gяανє
                                                          тнαт'ѕ ιи тнє єи∂ σf αℓℓ тнιѕ ραιи

spaceBy the time Mallaidh found August, she honestly couldn't even remember why she'd been looking for him in the first place. It wasn't anything important, she figured, since she'd run through all the potential important topics and nothing had struck a chord. She supposed she'd probably remember sometime ridiculous, like when she was in the bath, or at 3 am when she was just about to fall asleep.

spaceOf course, if she'd really thought about it, she'd likely have been able to find him much sooner, all things considered. He was down in the garden, again, which had been quite the habit for a couple years now. But lately it seemed like his trips were getting more frequent. She supposed it might be because it was winter, but that didn't really account for him not acting this way in previous years. She frowned slightly as she approached, coming within earshot just in time to hear him ask his plant why it 'refused to thrive,' which was just a tad melodramatic in her opinion. She huffed faintly, coming up to stand next to him. She tilted her had with a considering look. Was that why he'd been so stressed? Because his plant wasn't growing? That seemed... excessive.

ι αм иσт αfяαι∂, ι ωσи'т вυяи συт ιи тнιѕ ρℓα¢є
                                                          му ιитєитισи ιѕ тσ fα∂є αи∂ ι ωιℓℓ, ι ωιℓℓ
                                                          ιи тнιѕ нσυѕє σи α нιℓℓ тнє ∂єα∂ αяє ℓινιиg ѕтιℓℓ
                                                          тнєιя ιитєитισи ιѕ тσ кιℓℓ αи∂ тнєу ωιℓℓ, тнєу ωιℓℓ
                                                          кєєρ уσυя ¢нιℓ∂яєи ѕαfє ιиѕι∂є, συт σf ρσ¢кєт, συт σf мιи∂
                                                          υитιℓ тнєу ∂яιик тнє ωιиє αи∂ тнєу ωιℓℓ, тнєу ωιℓℓ, тнєу ωιℓℓ

wнere - August's Garden
                                                          wнen - Jan 2049
                                                          wιтн - August
                                                          - ooc -
                                                          The good news is that by now August is long used to Mallaidh standing there and not speaking

addaellis

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:34 am
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI

August glanced back when he heard a huff and relaxed again when he recognized his friend. He was comfortable with her silence now, and found Mallaidh easy to work or write around. He noted her quiet greeting-- probably just hanging out then. If she had something she needed him for she would have said so. ”Mallaidh, good afternoon,” he greeted.

He was by no means an expert at reading people, but he felt he’d known her long and well enough to understand some things-- or at least enough to explain what he was being peevish about.”They’re all droopy,” he explained, a little listlessly himself. ”They’ve been this way since we got back from break so I’ve been...keeping an eye on them.”

That wasn’t all of it, and after a considering moment, he admitted quietly, ”It’s not just the plants. I uh...well. Have you talked to Rhea recently? How’s she doing?”

Talking to Rhea was…usually they were fine...August had been awkward about talking since Fall—he seemed to want to simultaneously talk to her and avoid talking to her. When she had collapsed from exhaustion in Winter, he’d downright broken down, crying hysterically (with the aid of Quietus) as she slept. Lizzie had locked them in a shed over Winter Break in an effort to get them to work out...whatever was going on. But Rhea was tired of his hesitation, and this semester was giving him exactly what he thought he’d hoped for: a purely professional relationship, just studying together...just quidditch announcing...just housemates. Just work. He had never realized how much life their bantering or dance ”pop quizzes” had brought. And now that August finally knew his own feelings, he was a mournful heap of brooding: this was what he asked for. It served him right.

setting Gardens, January 2049 || with Mallaidh and some stubborn plants
wearing Brown linen shirt + jeans, with leather jacket. +glasses || status Stressed and frustrated and confused and exhausted and infected by the dokidoki plague.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:29 pm
User ImageUser Image

spaceMallaidh would never truly understand the feeling people had to fill silence. Nothing of August's comments about his plants was news to her, as she'd either already heard the rant, or could see it for herself. She had simply hummed in response to his greeting, which logically she knew was considered a non-response and rude. But August was her friend, and she did not think you could call someone a friend if you had to act around them. Speaking when it was unnecessary was acting for her. She crouched down to see the plant better, gently reaching for it, wondering if she should attempt to test the soil, or the water he was using to keep it hydrated. Such things were fairly basic, but might've been overlooked.

spaceShe clicked her tongue when he asked about Rhea, considering that perhaps the answer to the mystery of the plants was more complicated. Her eyes narrowed, not leaving the plant.
                                                          "I don't talk to Rhea in general," she pointed out, not unkindly, simply matter-of-fact. She didn't dislike the other girl exactly, but she was not one to seek friendships. She had found it with August by his own efforts, not hers. And she was hardly someone that people would discuss feelings with. Unless they were her brother. Or August.

spaceShe hummed again, thoughtfully this time, then stood, dusting off her knees, and frowning.
                                                          "I think you know I'm not the best to ask how anyone is doing," she said slowly. "Unless she felt compelled to say it, quite specifically, directly to me. Which she would not, because any relationship we might have is not of that nature." She almost smiled, a fond little twitch of her lips. "You are the only one foolish enough to think speaking to me about... feelings, is a good idea."

spaceShe looked over to him finally, meeting his eyes for what, for her, was an extended moment. He was troubled, of course, and they were close enough that she could see that even without having been informed. That was quite a feat, to be perfectly honest. "Did you know," she began, an apparent non-sequitur (August would know better. She did not speak without purpose), "that plants are quite sensitive to their environments? The smallest of changes in their soil, or water, or air, can cause them trouble. Magical plants especially." She looked away again, staring directly at his little garden, a brow arching. "If you speak to your plants with turmoil in your voice, they can hear it."

spaceOf course, Mallaidh was not given to being vague, or cryptic. She sighed, shifting her weight from one foot to another. "This thing, with you and Rhea," she continued. "They can feel it. You're unhappy. So they are, too. You aren't letting yourself thrive, so neither can they." Her spine stiffened. She didn't like talking about feelings. Feelings were messy, complicated. And people rarely took well to being told the truth about them when they were in denial. But the only way forward was... well. Forward. "You need to fix things. Be honest with her. With yourself. Either things go the way you want, or they don't, but either way you'll have a definitive answer. You can get over it if things go poorly. You can't do that if you're in limbo like this." To be frank, she thought he'd been an idiot about this whole ordeal. But then, she'd said so. He'd still done what he wanted, as people were wont to do. It wasn't her business if he felt compelled to screw up, unless he made it her business. Which he had, by asking just now. And... and she did try to be a good friend. Or a decent one, at least.

wнere - August's Garden
                                                          wнen - Jan 2049
                                                          wιтн - August
                                                          - ooc -
                                                          tour guide voice: and to your left, you will see literally the most Mallaidh has ever said to a single person in one conversation

addaellis

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:38 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI

August allowed a self-deprecating chuckle to escape as Mallaidh pointed out that she was not the best person to ask about how anyone else was doing. Objectively, he knew this. Maybe it was just worry, maybe it was desperation. Maybe Mallaidh had heard something in the girl’s dorms. Maybe she’d overheard something in the halls. Or, more likely, August was the only creep listening for any news on his former mentee, or the only person to so idiotically break a girl’s heart due to hesitating too long (That was false, he knew a handful of anime characters who had done worse. Except usually in anime the situation resolved by death or time skip; he was not letting the former happen, and the latter was getting harder and harder to bear with, not easier. ) He certainly did feel foolish— not for talking to Mallaidh about feelings--although, gah, when did he start talking about dokidoki feelings anyways?— but for getting himself into this mess in the first place.

August listened carefully, abruptly attentive when she discussed the plants. Of course he knew that plants were sensitive to the most minute changes in their environment. But he was assured that he was not lacking attention to detail, and he also knew Mallaidh didn’t speak without a particular purpose in mind. "Turmoil in my voice?" He frowned. Usually he was careful enough around both plants and people to keep his own worries off his face and out of his voice. A little exasperated recently maybe. Perhaps he had to be more vigilant--

Of course, Mallaidh was not about to let her advice be misinterpreted. August didn’t quite like being told he wasn’t letting himself thrive--he was getting straight Os and the paper and language club were doing quite fine, thank you very much-- so what else was he doing if not thriving? But the older he got, the messier life seemed to get, and suddenly thriving didn’t just mean getting good grades. He had to admit he didn’t particularly feel like he was thriving.

”You sound like Lizzie,” he commented quietly, the complaint silent in his tone but definitely there. He’d talked to Lizzie about all this before. So many times before. No, August had dug his grave with every hesitation throughout the year, insisting he and Rhea were just...just friends. And now he was sitting in the hole, trying to convince himself it was a very lovely hole as he watched earth rain down overhead. ”If this is limbo...isn’t it fine? As long as she’s not burning herself out again.” His tone wavered a little, wondering if he would be ruining everything by breathing words into his own feelings. ”I...I had a thousand reasons and excuses for why we couldn’t date or be in a relationship or...or whatever. They were supposed to protect her, but that..well, that obviously failed spectacularly.”

Serves you right.

August sighed, staring at the stubborn pots of mopey plants. If even plants could hear his melancholy, he was obviously not doing a good enough job keeping his emotions in check and concealed. ”How do I be honest with her when I don’t even know what I want? And even if I knew what to say to fix things, she doesn’t even want to talk to me now.”

wearing Brown linen shirt + jeans, with leather jacket. +glasses || status Stressed and frustrated and confused and exhausted and infected by the dokidoki plague.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:03 pm
User ImageUser Image

spaceMallaidh hummed thoughtfully when August finished speaking, eyes narrowed, her brow furrowed. She knew, of course, that he was less than pleased with her commentary. But, he'd asked for it. And he knew better than to ask her questions if he didn't want her to be honest about her answer. Her best guess as to why he insisted on having these sorts of conversations with her was that, subconsciously, he knew he needed to hear it. And so far, he'd never stayed upset with her for very long. She worried that one day that wouldn't be the case. But, if she lost him due to his own stupidity, she supposed that was on his shoulders, not her own, and there was nothing she could do about it. She wasn't about to start lying to spare his feelings. It wasn't in her make-up to do so.

space"Do you know why I dislike feelings?" she asked, voice soft, eyes staring into the distance. "They don't make sense. A thousand reasons, born of logic, will do nothing to sway feelings, because they are not logical. They are what they are, and they will not be cowed into behaving just because you give them a stern talking-to." If her tone grew a little derisive at this, she hoped he knew it wasn't because of him. It was more because of the existence of feelings as a whole. She wasn't mocking him so much as mocking their existence as humans, in a world that ran on logic and yet was beholden to emotions. Of course, they were magical, so logic had even less of a hold on them than it ought. She tried not to think too hard about that, though.

spaceShe considered him. Truthfully, she didn't know what he wanted. How could she? Half the time, people got exactly what they wanted, and it turned out they hadn't actually ever wanted it at all. Case in point, his current situation. And August was enough like her (they had to get along somehow, after all) that analyzing his emotions was not exactly his forte. And they were, after all, teenagers. Even if some days Mallaidh felt more like she was forty-five.
                                                          "You figure out what you want," she told him with a shrug. "Scientifically speaking, you're off to a decent start. You've already determined that this keeping your distance, just friends thing, is not it. Process of elimination. Obviously, you want more, or less. Except not less, because you've had less, and that didn't make you happy either, did it?" She hummed. Of course, he could attempt to reconcile with Rhea, ask her on a date, and realize after a couple goes that it wasn't what he wanted after all. But apparently that was the sort of thing you had to experience.

spaceOf course, there was also the issue of being fair to Rhea, which was included in the honesty aspect. Most people wouldn't take kindly to being told outright that they other person doesn't know what they're doing or what they hope to accomplish, but please do go along with it anyway. Still, there wasn't much else to do.
                                                          "Apologize to her," Mallaidh began, "and tell her you'd really like to try and talk some things out. If she says no, you respect that. If she agrees, you move from there." She smiled, a little sardonically, finally looking over at her friend again to give him a shrug. "Tell her you're a dumb teenage boy. You'd be amazed how much that accounts for. Lay everything on the table. Put yourself out there. If you're rejected... well. No offense, but it's no more than you deserve. If you're lucky and she agrees to move forward, just... be prepared for it not to work out. You are, after all, a dumb teenage boy."

wнere - August's Garden
                                                          wнen - Jan 2049
                                                          wιтн - August
                                                          - ooc -
                                                          . . .

addaellis

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:39 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI

August hadn’t liked it when Lizzie told him this before and he wasn’t happy now that Mallaidh was telling him, but the truth of the matter was plainly obvious: he had procrastinated on clearly discussing things with Rhea, and she had suffered for it and their relationship had suffered for it. And since he doing a terrible job explaining to even himself how things were fine, he had to fix his thinking and…do something.

Mallaidh was staring off at the horizon now, speaking deep wisdom about feelings. He hummed disgruntled agreement with her assessment that unfortunately, feelings could not be made to behave by a stern talking to. He had tried it, to evident failure.

Figure out what you want. There it was again. “I really don’t care what happens to me as long as Rhea’s actually happy and safe,” he said in prelude, but resigned himself to figuring out what he wanted out of all this. ”I promised her brother I’d look after her. so... I want her to do well in her classes of course, And I want her to do well at all the extracurricular things she enjoys, like dancing and fencing and studying Mermish.” This is what he had started with a year ago when she’d confessed seriously, but even he knew something had changed in his perceptions over the last year. August stared off into the distance Mallaidh was staring at and tried to just relax and ramble. ”I miss dancing with her in the hallways after prefect patrols again, I guess. Stumbling over steps, her teasing me about fussing over her scarf or eating enough...I miss having her company on Hogsmeade runs. She came with me a few times last spring and it was a surprisingly pleasant time to just critique the weekly tea blend at Madam Puddifoot’s with her. Hm. I hate it when other boys talk to her, is that weird? Not if she mentions them, but I saw that Gryffindor boy Shawn Berman talking and laughing with Rhea after class once and went and wasted the next hour finding out his temperament and grades and club activities. It was fine, he ended up being helpful for a Daily Dragon article this year, but it was quite out of character for me to be so nosy.” August went quiet for a moment, starting at the horizon where the late afternoon sunlight was starting to be more orange than bright. It would be hours before sunset, but the color reminded him of the “sunset room” his grandmother had painted-- a little attic with the beach horizon painted across the walls. ”I was thinking this last summer I’d like to show her the sunset by the beach in Scarborough…I think she’d like that.”

August was tired. He was tired of feeling things and then rationalizing himself out of them, he was tired of not knowing what he felt, tired of not saying anything, tired of-- as Mallaidh correctly surmised--wanting more but not knowing what more meant. He’d always thought of dating as a preparation for marriage, and he certainly didn’t want to be thinking about Rhea being married at only 15. ”You know, I always saw myself as getting an arranged marriage. My grandparents were so looking forward to the negotiations."

He felt like a mess of doki doki nonsense, like an ugly puddle off ink, like a gunk of ghostly ectoplasm, like the ucky yellow wax on the dittany leaf. Now his cousin Sonora would have sat with him for hours talking him through the feelings and giving it a name and discussing what to do, but he was being stubborn--salty, that was what Aidene had said-- about her and Middle Lane getting along too well, and who all has time to talk about feelings when they all should be focused on exams?

Thankfully, Mallaidh had a clearer head, inconvenient as that meant for him: He owed Rhea an apology, and he owed her...a proper date at least, and a full confession of all the reasons he’d tried to rationalize them apart. And if she didn’t want any of that, he would bury himself in studying and forget he was ever infected by dokidokis. He groaned at the excuse Mallaidh suggested and buried his head in his hands. "If this is what being a teenage boy feels like, I don’t want to be a teenage boy anymore. You’re saying though, that if I figure out me feelings--” he said this with audible air quotes and skepticism--”that my plants will fix themselves, one way or another? It serves me right if Rhea doesn't want to hear out all these too-late, too-rambly thoughts, but you're basically saying I need to talk them out with her and...not the plants.”

//OOC: Ahhhhh sorry these last few weeks have been plain exhausting and I've been stuck on writing >.<" Sorry if it gets rambly and off-topic in places, but I figured you'd rather I post rather than take even more time to try to cut things down.
Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:36 pm
User Image

I ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴛᴇᴀʀs sᴛʀᴇᴀᴍɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴄᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ I sᴀɪᴅ I'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏ
Wʜᴇɴ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡs ᴀʟᴍᴏsᴛ ᴋɪʟʟᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪɢʜᴛ
I ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀɪᴅ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴀʀᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡɪɴᴅᴏᴡ, ᴅᴀʀʟɪɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ᴏɴ ғɪʀᴇ
Tʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀ ᴏᴜᴛsɪᴅᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴏᴏʀ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs ʀᴀɢɪɴɢ ᴏɴ
Hᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪs ʟᴜʟʟᴀʙʏ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄs ɢᴏɴᴇ

Tzuki was excited about the warm autumn weather. Since it was a Saturday, it meant she had the whole day to explore. She donned some comfy capri pants and a soft tee shirt, then slid into some shoes. The girl tied her hair up into a bun, which she secured with one of the many ribbons she had. Perfection. Grabbing her cane, Tzuki hurried to the entrance of the school, then out to the warm air. Oh, it was a lovely day. She'd even gotten a raised-writing map of the outside, which is how she knew there was a garden near the Herbology Class Greenhouses.

On her wandering, she started to smell the flowers more and more, meaning she had to be getting close. Her ears twitched, swearing she was hearing singing. Taking a few steps closer, the sound became louder, which meant she was getting close to the gardens (probably). Once Tzuki got close, she slipped out of her shoes, letting her toes curl in the warm grass. It really was a nice day.

—————————————————————————
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Hogwarts Gardens
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Mysterious Plant-Singer
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Enjoying the day
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? It smells so pretty out here
                                                                  —————————————————————————

Diamond Wales

Jᴜsᴛ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs, ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ ɪs ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
Yᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴡ
Cᴏᴍᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ʟɪɢʜᴛ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ sᴀғᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴏᴜɴᴅ
Jᴜsᴛ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs, ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ
Cᴏᴍᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ʟɪɢʜᴛ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ sᴀғᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴏᴜɴᴅ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:01 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx❀ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? The Gardens
xxx❀ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? No one
xxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Just thinking
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I miss summer...

Aspen was outside, though she wasn't sure why. She was trying to absorb whatever sunlight the bitter winter offered before the sun fell below the horizon. She looked over at the flowers, luckily all magically protected from the snow drifting lazily around. The girl pulled her scarf tighter before sighing, her breath visible in the streaks of sunlight shining through the trees. Winter was her least favorite season, especially since she lived somewhere that snow would cover the ground. Luckily she had access to the greenhouses, plus soon it'd be time for the students to return home. Winter always made her feel cut off from nature, despite the season being just as natural as the warm summer days she so craved. Soon, hopefully soon, they'd have an early spring and the warmth would come back to make the days long again.

Pᴀɪɴᴛ ᴏɴ ғᴀᴄᴇs, ʜɪᴅᴇ ɪɴ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇs,
          Wᴇ ғᴇᴇʟ sᴀғᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ.
          A sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ ᴏʙsᴇssɪᴏɴ, ʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ᴏʙsᴇssɪᴏɴ,
          Tʜᴇ ᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴍʏ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs.
          Sᴏ ʟᴇᴛ's ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴏғ ᴏᴜʀ ᴄʟᴏᴛʜᴇs, ʀᴜɴ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs,
          Sᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ, ᴀɴᴅ sᴄᴜғғ ᴜᴘ ᴏᴜʀ ғᴇᴇᴛ.
          Wᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴀ ᴡᴏʀᴅ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴘʀᴏʙᴀʙʟʏ sᴀʏ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴛᴇʀʀɪʙʟᴇ,
          Sᴏ ʟᴇᴛ's ᴋɪss ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ, sʟᴇᴇᴘ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴇᴇs,
          Gᴏ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ,
          Wᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴀ ᴡᴏʀᴅ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴘʀᴏʙᴀʙʟʏ sᴀʏ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴛᴇʀʀɪʙʟᴇ! Lᴇᴛs ʙᴇ ᴀɴɪᴍᴀʟs!

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff