Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Gardens Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:45 am
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Outside, by a tree
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Aedan and a cat
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sitting, talking
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? His hair reminds me of Pa

Tàmhas felt a bit awkward when Áedán said "oh it's you", but then he verified Tam's name, which earned a smile from the brunette. "That's reit. Tàmhas Ghobhainn." He nodded along, feeling a bit silly because clearly the other boy knew his name. Man, why was it so hard to talk to people that weren't Pa? Maybe he should've tried talking to people around Arden first... He watched as Áedán shifted his focus back toward the cat in the grass, then he did a measurement of the sun (Tam had a watch, he just had to ask the time!), then drew something down on his pad. (Oh, it was for art, not for the time)

It was then that Áedán asked if Tam wanted to sit in the grass with him. Tam looked down at his leg (which he was still convinced he needed more practice with), and nodded once. "Ay coorse, nae problem. Ah can sit wi' ye." He used a hand to push his bonus leg out a bit, then used balance on his right to support himself. He crouched down, then more-or-less plopped on the ground beside the redhead. "It's neat 'at ye can draw, an' that's a handsome cat. is it yoors?" He watched the cat stretch a bit, then settle right back into his comfy nap. Man, it would just be lovely to be a cat in a sunbeam.

{{Wearing :: School Uniform}}
          trickblues
          #43B3AE
          Áedán

I, I'ᴍ sɪᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴏғ ʙᴇɪɴɢ sɪᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ
          Aɴᴅ ʟᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ɴᴇɢᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ᴄᴏʟʟɪᴅᴇ
          Wʜʏ ʙᴇᴛʀᴀʏ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ɪs ᴍɪɴᴇ
          Gᴏᴛ ɴᴏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ sɪᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴅᴇʟɪɴᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴘʟᴀʏ
          Tʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ
          Gᴏᴛᴛᴀ sᴛʀɪᴋᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ sʜɪɴᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ
          Pᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ sᴀʏ, I'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ
          I'ᴍ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. I'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴠɪʙᴇ
          I'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴍʏ ʟɪғᴇ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:55 pm
User Image
User Image
Now i don’t want to feel the way i do
I’m screaming at myself now
Looking for a way out

User Image

Halfblood | First Year Slytherin | Eleven Years Old
Early September 2057 The Gardens With: Tàmhas
Wearing: His school robes Status: His voice reminds me of Rowan.

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Áedán watched curiously as Tàmhas moved to sit beside him in what was probably the most awkward way imaginable. ‘Right, it must be hard to sit like that…’ Moving around with that prosthetic wasn’t really something he considered when he asked–of course it wouldn’t bend as easily as a normal leg. ‘He’ll probably need help getting up later.’ That was fine. Áedán certainly didn’t mind lending a hand, considering he made Tàmhas join him to begin with.

“Thanks.” He replied simply–he never knew what to say when people brought up his drawing. When Tàm asked if the cat was his, Áedán shook his head. “Mm-mm. I have no idea where it came from; probably some kid not watching out for their pet. I just felt like drawing it, that's all. I do that sometimes.” It seemed to be especially the case this week, and likely would be well into the semester, considering his main passion–archery–wasn’t an option while he was here. God, he missed his bow. He didn’t even put it up properly, come to think of it. Áedán had been in such a rush practicing the morning of the train that he forgot his bow and arrows in the shed behind their house, rather than their usual home hanging off the hook behind his bedroom door. His brother would be sour if he found out.

‘Oh well.’ He sighed, laying back in the grass. ‘It should be fine. Rowan’ll probably never even know it’s there.’ It was weird. Áedán had barely thought about his brother in the last couple days, but this boy seemed to remind him. “Hey, you know, your accent kind of reminds me of my brother.” He mused. “Let me guess… West Highlands?” Wouldn’t that be something, to have a classmate from the same region? Arden may have had a wizarding family or two, but no one he ever knew personally. Maybe a few towns off at the nearest, if he had to wager a guess. “I think we passed the Trossachs on the way here. All that trip, and Hogwarts is only a few hours away from home. I don’t get it.”

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

I lie to me
I say everything’s gonna be alright
Like i’m that naive

Trickblues

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:04 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Aedan and a cat
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I really miss home

Tàmhas adjusted his sit, trying to find a comfortable pose. At home, when he was to be sitting on the floor (or anywhere longer than a handful of minutes, really) he'd remove his bonus leg for comfort. However, he'd already decided he wouldn't remove his leg unless absolutely necessary, because he had no idea how anyone would react. He had also settled on keeping on long pants and shirts to hide the scars that littered his body from his burns. Then again, he usually wore long clothes because he seemed to have a perpetual chill.

Áedán noted that the cat wasn't his, and most likely belonged to a careless student. "It also might jist be a wild cat, roamin' th' school tae keep th' mice at bay. We used tae have a shop cat for th' same reason." He had a brief memory of the ginger cat that loved to sit on top of the worktable and knock stuff off the edge. Tam sighed softly, sad that his childhood pet was no longer around. At least they'd always have the cows.

It was then that Tam's attention shifted back to the redhead. Áedán mentioned that Tam sounded like his brother, then asked if he were from the West Highlands. He then mentioned they'd passed the Trossachs on their way to school, commenting that they must only be a few hours from home. "Ah know! They shoods have mair than one train sae kids dorn't have tae travel forever jist tae travel aw th' way back. It's silly. An' tae answer yer question, aye, I'm from th' West Highlands. a wee village called Arden." Just saying the name of his home was enough to send a pang of homesickness right through his heart. Hopefully these months would pass quickly so he could go back home to Pa.

trickblues
          #43B3AE
          Áedán

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:19 am
User Image
User Image
Looking for a way out

User Image

Wearing: His school robes Status: What in the--

“Could also be a classmate,” Áedán added. “Yesterday, I saw a rabbit turn into a girl. She said we could learn to do it too, if we’re good at transfiguration.” What a sight that had been. The magical world really was something special, though… He would certainly remember that girl the next time a rabbit found itself on the other end of his arrow. An animagus, she called it. Áedán was pretty sure he’d never hunted one. Probably. He hoped. But how could one be so sure? ‘...Best not to think about that.’ The boy glanced down towards their feline companion, unable to get a good view from the angle he was laying. You’re not going to turn into a person, are you?”

The cat stretched its legs with a fierce yawn. It looked between the boys, then towards a fluttering butterfly with large eyes. It batted at the insect and followed it further into the flowers until it was out of sight. It then leapt high into the air, trying to capture its prey in its paws, before falling and disappearing into the bed of petals once more. Áedán chuckled. “That’s a cat, alright.”

Tàmhas was an alright lad. He got it! He too understood the frustration of the train. Áedán was about to chime in when Tàm answered his earlier question: He was from Arden. ‘He’s from Arden?!’ Áedán sat right up at that, the surprise obvious on his face. “You’re from Arden?” He repeated aloud, making sure he heard that right. There was no way, was there? Arden was a small village, where most everyone knew everyone. Áedán might have lived out towards the edge, and he might not have been the most social in his grade, but surely he would have noticed Tàmhas at school. Even if they had somehow avoided the same teachers all those years, surely he would have at least seen him at recess! “But… Then, then how have I never seen you at school before?” He mentioned a shop. Did his family run a shop? Had Áedán been there before, and never even known it? Forget girls turning into rabbits, this was much more interesting.

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

I lie to me
Like i’m that naive

Trickblues

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:21 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Áedán and a cat
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? We're from the same town?

Tàmhas looked shocked when he was told that magic people could sometimes turn into animals. What in the seven hells did that mean? Why would someone opt to become an animal? It was weird. Then again, everything at Hogwarts was. "Ye can coont me it fur 'at pish. Aam barely able tae dae mah hamework in transfiguration, much less some kin' ay human-animal changin'." He clucked his tongue softly, thinking about how difficult and confusing most of his classes seemed to be so far. Maybe it was just because he was so used to hands-on learning that book work was made so much more difficult.

Áedán questioned the cat to see if it would turn human, but the fluffy beast stretched and went about slapping at a butterfly. No, Tam was sure that had been a real cat. "Ah agree, he acts jist loch pa's auld shop cat." Tam offered a resolute nod, jumping to discussing the train. He wasn't sure about telling anyone, but he definitely disliked the train since it made it way harder to find steady footing. Stupid trains. Very similarly, Tam disliked boats and busses. Basically anything that moved and required standing.

It was then that a shocked "you're from Arden?" escaped from Áedán. Tam nodded slowly, looking a bit shocked himself. The next question played on why they'd never met in school. "Easy, I've ne'er bin tae school. Ah was taught by mah Pa. An' he was taught by his pa, an' such. But we live in th' hoose by th' forge o'er by th' forest. It's bin thaur forever." He sure wished he had his picture of their home, but it was in its frame on his nighttable. Perhaps they could meet up this winter or something. "Ya live in Arden? Whereaboots dae ye live?"

trickblues
          #43B3AE
          Áedán

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:35 pm
User Image
User Image
Looking for a way out

User Image

Áedán nodded along as he listened to Tàmhas's explanation. Homeschool made sense. That explained a lot, actually. He was inwardly so relieved, knowing that his head wasn’t so far up in the clouds that he had completely missed this person in his day-to-day life. Áedán wasn’t the space-case his brother thought him to be; in this particular instance, at least.

“The forge by the forest…” It took some thought, but Áedán was pretty sure he knew where that was. He didn’t venture that way often–he was always much deeper in the woods–but he was sure he had seen it once or twice. Tàmhas asked where he lived, and in response, Áedán grabbed his sketchbook. He flipped from the cat to the next page, drawing out a map of the woods around Arden. It wasn’t perfect, but Áedán was satisfied it would do the job. He marked the woods, any relevant roads he knew nearby, and noted a couple local landmarks. “Okay. So if you’re here… He said, drawing a circle in the area he recalled the forge to be, “Then I’d be across the way over… Here.” Across a large patch of woods, he marked an X for his house in what was a small neighborhood. “I’m in the forest a lot, so if I had to estimate… Maybe a 15, 20 minute hike through here. Pretty close, actually. Who would've thought?” Even closer if they were driving on the roads, probably. ‘It really is such a small world…’ "So if you live by the forge, does that mean your Pa’s the smith?”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

I lie to me
Like i’m that naive

Trickblues

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:44 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Áedán

Tàmhas nodded happily when Áedán repeated that they lived in the forge by the forest. It sounded like a nice, cozy name, rather than "Ghobhainn Ceàrdach Teaghlaich" as it had been named for generations. Tam watched the redhead pull out a hand-drawn map of Arden, which was rather impressive. Green eyes stared in awe at the intricate artwork that had been put into the making of the map.

Áedán pointed to a spot on the map, mentioning that was where the forge must be. Tam shook his head softly, a fallen leaf floating down from his messy locks. "Nae, see, th' forge is mair... haur. Reit in thes wee alcove ay th' forest." He gently moved Áedán's hand a bit, so his finger was pointing at another spot about a half-inch away. "Th' part yoo're spottin' is th' clearin' 'at was burnt in 'at fire a decade ur sae ago." Okay, so Tam knew that it was exactly 11 years, 8 months, and 9 days ago. But Áedán didn't need to know that. In fact, hopefully no one would ever know.

Tàmhas noted where the other boy lived, in a house marked by an X. Almost like it were a pirate treasure. Then again, Tam treasured his home. "Only twenty minutes? It's almost a bampot we huvnae met. Nae e'en at th' shop ur clinic ur anythin'." It was really, really strange that they hadn't met, but perhaps they weren't destined to meet until now. Maybe it was a sign.

When asked if his Pa was the smith, Tam offered a little nod. Man, he missed his Pa so bad. "Och aye, our fowk has owned th' forge fur almost two hundred years. Pa is th' latest smith, but he's teachin' me tay." He nodded once, very proud that he was stepping into the role of apprentice for his pa. He looked over at the redhead, partially wondering if his family owned one of the buildings in town. It seemed like most people did, and they all really, really liked knives. (except the town doctor, who rather liked axes). It was a handy way that Aonghus could barter with the other locals.

trickblues
          #43B3AE
          Áedán

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:05 pm
User Image
User Image
Looking for a way out

User Image

Áedán paid Tàmhas no mind when he moved his hand to the right spot, only nodding as he listened intently. “A fire, huh…” He made the necessary adjustments as the other boy talked, erasing the circle and adding a small house shape in the right location. Just a rough sketch with a note of “Tàm's House” underneath; he would detail it later. In the area of the fire, he erased the leaves from the trees and darkened the barren branches. A fire in that sort of place striked Áedán as strange, but he didn’t question it much. He vaguely recalled his mother mentioning something like that once, from back during her nursing days.

Tàmhas thought it was silly they hadn’t met in all that time, but Áedán shook his head as he disagreed. “If you weren’t at school, then it wouldn’t have been likely. Dad almost never took me into town with him. I mostly stayed home with my Mum, since Dad didn’t want her to be left alone. And if I was outside, then I usually went northeast.” He tapped his pencil on the paper, pointing towards the opposite direction from the forge and deeper into the Trossachs. At the edge of the map was an arrow pointing northeast, with a simple watchtower past the tip. “I go with my brother more since then, but even so, it’s mostly just to get provisions. He’s a ranger at one of the watchtowers, so we spend a lot of time out there.”

Apparently, Tàm's family had been in Arden for generations. Áedán wasn’t sure if his was the same. For some reason, Mum and Dad never talked about their parents. It was always just the four of them (the two of them, now, he guessed). That was simply the way it was. When Tàmhas mentioned his was learning from his Pa, Áedán looked at him curiously. “Yeah?” He… Tried not to judge, but Tàm was just so small. He could hardly imagine the kid lugging around one of those hammers, or the larger weaponry around a shop like that. A big enough sword would probably weigh as much as he did. “What kinds of things do you do there?”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

I lie to me
Like i’m that naive

Trickblues

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:15 pm
User ImageUser Image

Tàmhas watched as Áedán changed the map accordingly, even adding in the area of the fire. Tam was honestly quite surprised that the other boy hadn't heard of the fire, or any of the surrounding rumors. Most of them surrounded him, and how he must be a bad omen, a symbol of destruction or some such nonsense. Pa had always silenced it whenever it was heard, but that didn't prevent it from Tam's ears. Growing up the center of controversy really had a way to mess with people. Shaking his head a bit, Tam remembered he was safe here, with no one that knew his sordid history, and no one that would avoid his eyes.

Áedán noted that it made sense they'd never met. Apparently the redhead stayed at home most of the time, or otherwise wandered in the opposite direction of the forest. Apparently his brother worked off toward the Northeast, into the Trossachs. "Ah see hoo our paths ne'er crossed. Me an' Pa usually bide aroond haur, thes part ay th' forest up tae 'at clearin' thaur. Otherwise, we donner sootheest intae toon." He pointed at the map, showing the relatively small area he and his pa ventured. (of course, Pa often went way further into the forest, but Tam just couldn't walk very well over the forest floor.)

He also pointed out their path toward the little general store, which is the path they took each time they needed to go into town for basics (any more and they loaded up in their clunky old car). After mentioning helping at the forge, Áedán asked for further info, though he seemed to rather disbelieve Tam's tale. "Ah help it wi' aw kinds ay stuff. Mostly it's jist cleanin' up, preparin' oil, an' helpin' polish th' metal an' mince. Otherwise, aam nae far enaw intae trainin' fur lae." He shrugged softly, not sure if Áedán would believe that he'd started to learn the forge process, including shaping out some rough knives. (He for sure wasn't old enough -or tall enough- to actually quench the blades, nor was he allowed to actually take metal in or out of the forges... but he'd get there!)

trickblues
          #43B3AE
          Áedán

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:04 pm
User Image
User Image
Looking for a way out

User Image

Wearing: His school robes Status: Time to move.

Áedán didn’t understand the processes of a forge. Of course he wouldn’t, considering he’d never been in one. There was metal, and obviously fire, but what did oil have to do with forging? What sort, even? He wanted to know, but inviting himself over felt wrong. Then again… Rowan had told him before, nothing would ever happen if he didn’t step forward and ask. It was probably why he’d had no real friends up until that point. “Would… You mind if I came to see, sometime?” He gathered the courage to ask, though timidly. “I just, I just think it sounds interesting, is all.” He glanced down, and that was when he caught a glimpse of Tàm's watch. The hour hand looked suspiciously close to 1:00… Careful not to startle him, he gently lifted Tàmhas's wrist to get a better look at the time. 12:46 PM.

“Shite, quarter ‘til.” He huffed, realizing he really needed to get a watch. Transfiguration was in barely fifteen minutes and yet here they sat, huddled over a makeshift map. “Block’s done. We’d better get a move on if we want to make it to class.” With his sketchbook snapped shut, Áedán made quick working of packing his books in his bag. He stood and slung his bag over his shoulder before turning back to Tàm. With a faint smile, he offered the boy–his new friend, hopefully–his hand. “Wannae lift? Come on then, we’ll go together.”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

I lie to me
Like i’m that naive

Trickblues

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:55 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Dang Transfiguration

Tàmhas picked a leaf out of his hair, wondering what was going on inside his new pal's head. Were they pals? Tam sure thought so. But what if Áedán was just being polite? Or worse, what if he'd been trying to subtly hint that Tam should stay on his half of the forest? Tam bit his lip, but once Áedán continued, the brunette seemed surprised. "Ay coorse! We would loove tae shaw ye aroond th' forge! Pa is aye lookin' fur fowk tae teach, sae jist lit me ken. It's nae loch we bide terribly far awa'." He grinned with pride, excited to get to show someone his Pa's work. Plus, perhaps if Áedán was interested, he could bring more business to Pa, who would just love to have more customers.

He was a bit distracted inside his own thoughts until Áedán put a soft hand on his, then rotated their hands to see Tam's watch. Apparently it was close to Transfiguration time. Tam huffed softly, a lock of hair fluffing in front of his eyes. "Wonderful. Aam sae bad at 'at class. But Ah suppose we had better git a move oan, given thes school has nae lifts, which aam bonnie sure is illegal." He watched Áedán stand with ease, then he started trying to plot how he'd stand up. It was then that a hand was held out for him. Tam blushed a bit, but happily accepted the other boy's hand, and together the two managed to get him back to his feet. The two wandered together toward their class, where Tam happily sat beside his new pal.

trickblues
          #43B3AE
          Áedán

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:00 pm
User Image
I had a dream so big and loud
I jumped so high I touched the clouds
Wo-o-o-o-o-oh, wo-o-o-o-o-oh

User Image

Halfblood | Second Year Gryffindor | Twelve Years Old
Quidditch - Reserve | Fite Club | Namaste
Early March, 2059 Near the Gardens With: Diego, A Firstie Friend, What's-Yer-Name and a bird!
Wearing: Grey shorts, a white tank top, white tennis shoes, and a bright yellow crop hoodie Status: Aww, must be shy!

"Ohmygosh, I'm soooooo sorry! My bad!"

Her jog came to a halt in front of a boy, where a yellow, sunflower-painted frisbee sat in dewy grass. Luckily it had only landed in front of him, and not hit him or the gray bird beside him. The bird's wings spread wide with a squawk when the projectile flew at them, but once it landed safely, it seemed perfectly content to return to its snack of fruit and seeds spread out on the blanket. Cute!

"Sorry! It totally got away from me. It's Quidditch practice!" The boy raised his hand in a wave, which was friendly enough, but looked perplexed by her explanation. Barbara couldn't help but grin at that—yeah, it did sound silly! "Well, sort of. Like, Quidditch, without the brooms you know? I'm building my speed!" She did a little jog in place for emphasis. The frisbee, held just to her side, spun by the rim around her finger like a wheel. "Quick on your feet, can't be beat, that's what my cousin always says. And he should know, since he actually plays!" The girl stopped, twirled one of her blonde coils around her finger idly as she continued. "Anyway, I'm Barbara! Barbara Claire Luney. Or Babs, or Bonnie, sometimes Barbie, whatever works! I'm not picky. What's your name?" 

The mysterious stranger began flipping through a notebook at that point, silent as could be. 'Oh, is he shy?' She wondered, 'Maybe a little prodding would help?'

"I've seen you around with the boys in my year. But you're not a second year, are you? I've never seen you in my classes." His hand paused on a page as he looked back at Barbara, who was pleased to have caught his attention again. "Oh, but don't get me wrong," she reassured, "If you're just friends that's totally great! Who cares about dumb age groups anyway, amiright? If we stuck strictly to our own year I think it would be preeeeetty boring~!"

"BONNIE, come on! We're dying over here!" A tall boy in a Gryffindor tie called from the hill.

“Hurry uuuup, Babs!" A smaller cry followed.

"I'll be right there!" Babs swung her arms behind her, and held the frisbee behind her back as she took a step backwards. "My case in point. ♪ Well, I guess that's me! It was nice chatting with you, What’s-Yer-Name. Sorry again about almost nailing you." She tilted her head, smiled sweetly, and took another step before she finally spun on her heel. "Bye~!" She shot a wave and called over her shoulder as she sprinted back to her group. "Maybe I can get that name some other time!"

OOC:
                                                          Posted with permission from Adda. We're just pasting up a couple little snippets we wrote so their meeting is on guild walls, don't mind us heart
                                                          Addaellis

I'm never gonna look back, whoa
                                                          I'm never gonna give it up, no
                                                          Please don't wake me now
                                                          This is gonna be the best day of my life
                                                          My li-i-i-i-i-ife

Trickblues

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:21 pm

User Image🦜🎹
AURAIS FLINT AURELIUS

third year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Language club mute || Fencing club whack
occasional attendee of Music Club and Order of the Stick

History readings were interrupted today by a pretty sunflower yellow disc– or perhaps it was more accurate to say that it was interrupted by warning squawks. The moment the disc landed harmlessly in front of them though, Astyth was content to consider it Not Her Problem and return to her Birdseed and Sunshine party. Before Aurais could reach forward to pick up the disc or investigate what was happening, a girl appeared, apologizing for her Quidditch practice–oh! It was the Sunshine girl he sometime saw around his younger friends. They hadn’t had a chance to talk much. Maybe this was a chance!

Aurais raised his hand in greeting and Sunshine continued, explaining it was Quidditch without the brooms–and without the balls apparently. He didn’t think Barbara Claire Luney–or Babs or Bonnie or Barbie needed to go faster as she introduced herself. He started to move his fingers to sign, thought better of it, and reached for a notebook. He was pretty sure he still had some of those introductory cards on him, and he wanted to ask her about this Disc-Quidditch anyways.

But Babs/ Bonnie/ Barbie/ Barbara zoomed on, saying she recognized him as well, suspected he wasn’t in their year but bully to age groups–he looked up to nod and skipped a few lines down on the page to acknowledge that yes, he was friends with Aedan and Tamhas and Will and Gian in her year.

Alas, before he could turn the page around for her–and Aurais considered himself a pretty speedy scribe when needed–, Babs Bonnie Barbara was called away and danced off, saying she’d get his name another time. Aurais turned to his feathered voicebox, who was doing decidedly more munching than talking. The more he glared, the more she munched, hopping around the makeshift picnic blanket without a care in the world. Well. It would probably take more time for him to make an expression at Barbara than it would to just write a reply, so he quickly finished off the note:

note

Hello Babs/ Bonnie/ Barbara! Sounds fun! And no worries! What are the rules of this disc-quidditch? How does it help make you faster? I don't play but love flying!

Quick on your feet, can't be beat sounds like a good motto.

Yes, I’m a third year, but I’m friends with Aedan, Tam, Will, and Gian. They’re fun to be around and are always up to something interesting. How do you know them, aside from being in the same year? You seem to know everyone, regardless of year!

It was nice to meet you! I hope to be able to talk more next time. smile

Do you happen to sign?

card

Hello! My name is Aurais Aurelius (♂)
(Third year, Ravenclaw student)
This is Astyth (♀), my spokesparrot.

I am mute, and use British Sign Language
Please speak normally.

A pleasure to meet you!
I enjoy the piano, photography, and poetry

Aurais attached the note to an intro card, and—ah. Of course, she and her group had run off, chasing the disc around further along the grass. No matter. He could wait until they were done to interrupt. He pointed to Barbara in the distance, instructing Astyth to alert him when she left so he could hand the note to her. Until then, he had Uric the Oddball and his Jellyfish hat to keep him company.

setting Near the Gardens, Early March 2059 || with Sunshine girl--Barbara/Babs/Bonnie
appearance 5’1”, spindly || wearing Pink collared shirt and white shorts
status Oh hey--oh she's off
Astyth status This is a delicious nut. I'ma EAT IT.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
And I slept on the ocean last night
I could see you all, and you all were dancing sideways
Your feet stuck to the skies
And I could see the airplanes dance behind your eyes
And I was glad I found the time
🎹🦜
"Along the Road" by Radical Face.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:58 am
User Image
Right now, I know that if I go, nothing will change
Yes, without delay the world will spin on either way
“In that case, it’s okay,” So I want to say
But I’m void of a voice for a phrase so fake
I’m afraid, ‘cause I’d want to be missed
See, the sad truth is

User Image

Halfblood | Third Year Slytherin | Thirteen Years Old
Apprentice Blacksmith | Art Club | Creature Appreciation Club | Quidditch Announcer
Early Autumn 2059 Gardens With: Tàm
Wearing: [Outfit] Status: "Just a few minutes..."

The year was starting strong, and Áedán was exhausted. Already he and Erikk were competing to see who could get the furthest ahead in their readings (Áedán was winning), who was the most involved in class (Easily Erikk–Áedán rarely piped up unless called upon), and not to mention clubs to attend and friends to catch up with. This morning Tàm asked him to explore the grounds. Though Áedán was debating heading back to bed after breakfast, he hadn’t the heart to turn him down. The beginning of the year always felt like their time together was cut so short in comparison to life at home after all.

They ended up in the gardens as they often did. Tàm seemed quite at home amongst the plants, something Áedán always found perplexing considering how comfortable with the flames of the forge he seemed to be. It was like seeing two sides of the same coin. As for the Slytherin, he always found the atmosphere perfect for sketching. After staying up half the night combing through his textbooks he didn’t have the focus for creativity however, instead opting to draw whatever he saw. The first leaves of Autumn falling from the trees, the goldenrods in bloom, a boy engrossed in the plants… When said subject returned to his side, however, he snapped his book shut in favor of giving him his full attention. Not at all because he might be embarrassed if Tàm realized he was drawing him.

“You dinnae have any club meetings today, dae you?” He asked at one point, gauging how much longer they might have to themselves. “Gian n’ I are supposed tae head tae the book shop this afternoon. Wantae tag along?”

Try as he might to hold attention, all Áedán wanted to do was rest his eyes for a moment. “If we’re staying out here much longer, stretch out that leg.” Without much warning he shifted in the grass and lay his head on Tàm’s thigh. “This is okay, right? You use me as a pillow all th’ time. Only fair, aye?” He asked with the barest hint of a teasing smile. “...What were you saying again?”

OOC:
                                                              Cinnabun Gryffie

I’m just an outcast trying to pass for someone strong
                                                              Nothing but a coward with a hated person’s song
                                                              As I write from my mind, all my wonders burst in colors
                                                              Reaching out to be...

Trickblues

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:00 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? The Gardens, next to some petunias
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Resting in the Fresh Air
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? It's a lovely day

Tàm had been having a pretty good year so far, especially since they were able to explore Hogsmeade. Part of him was grateful that he and Áedán had walked into town a few times, since it built up his tolerance. Unfortunately, the trip to Hogsmeade didn't have a bench halfway to sit down on. Maybe he'd see if the school could install benches? Or was that the town's job... Most of his time so far had been spent in classes, clubs, or just in the library quietly reading alongside his friends. Apparently Áedán and his roommate had gotten into a top studying contest. Plus, the library was good for small study naps... when the librarian wasn't laughing at something silly, of course.

This fine morning found Áedán and Tàm settled in the gardens, where they so often were. Tam enjoyed getting sunshine among the flowers, and Áedán was usually drawing the scenery. Today found the brunette sitting in the tall grass examining a bright orange butterfly that had landed on a daisy. When it finally flew away, the boy rolled over and pushed himself to a stand. After a little stretch, he wandered over to the patch of grass Áedán was sitting in and plopped down. The redhead quickly shut his drawing book, then turned over to look at his pal.

"Nope. Na clubs th'day, juist hingin oot 'ere wi' ye." He grinned over, listening as Áedán said he and Gian were planning to go over to the book shop later. And they even wanted him to join! "Och, a'd loue tae come alang! We kin mak' it a day, 'n' mibbie an' a' stoap by-" He paused in his words, because Áedán had more thoughts on his train. He gave the brunette instruction to stretch out his leg, which was done. Then Áedán flopped over, resting his head on Tàm's lap. He said it was only fair since Tàm frequently used the redhead as a pillow. Luckily, if he tilted his head up, Áedán wouldn't be able to see the growing blush on the shorter boy's face.

"Ah wis saying... Um... Ah dinnae mind." His heart was beating harder than normal, but he just had to disguise it for now. Instead, he gently started brushing his hand through the soft red locks. As if on instinct, Tàm quietly sang a lullaby he'd grown up with Pa singing to him. If nothing else, hopefully it would provide some comfort.

♪♫♪Caidil m' ulaidh,
                                                                Caidil m' uan, Sùilean m' eudail dùin an suain;
                                                                Luasgadh mulaid a' mhuir-làin.
                                                                An sìor-dhûrdanaich air tràigh.♪♫♪

{{Wearing :: Comfy Lounging Clothes}}
          {{OoC: Song is from Caidil m' Ulaidh (Sleep my Darling). Lyrics in English: "Sleep my darling, sleep my lamb. Eyes, my treasure, close in slumber. Mournful rolling of the high tide. The constant murmur on shore"}}
          Tàmhas - #43B3AE
          TrickBlues
          Áedán