Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
Entrance Gates Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:18 pm
User Image

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:43 pm
User Image
User ImageGryffindorFourth YearSeekerWriterPureblood

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore—
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door—
"'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door—
Only this and nothing more."

Romy blinked. It was tricky to read, since it was smudged from the dew and rain it had been subjected to. "Whe... when? When all is... done, I think. Yes. Done. It will end when? No... Where? Mmhmm. Where it all... be-began?" He blinked at the last two words, not sure what it meant. Luckily, he knew someone who could help. "Anna!" He turned and ran toward the castle, letter clutched in his hand.

Wearing

And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted—Nevermore!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:16 am
User Image
User Image

First YearSlytherinHalf-BloodReserve Beater

Josh was walking around outside, looking at every detail of his new school and home. It was a given that he was snooping wherever possible, a frown on his face the entire time. He didn't much like this place, as his home was more familiar, but he was sure the castle would soon become just as familiar to him. Grey-blue eyes flicked around, following a bird as it flew overhead. Vaguely he wondered if his parents got his owl since it had been a few months since he'd heard from them. Weren't they excited about his sorting? Maybe they were just busy... Yea... busy.

{OoC:}

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:33 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

t e l l m e s o m e t h i n g i d o n ' t k n o w - - -
e n t r a n c e | g a t e s ✖
m e , m y s e l f a n d s o m e o n e ✖
d o n o t j u d g e m e
p e a c e f u l ✖
s i n g l e ✖

It was a nice night out.

Sort-of-night, anyway. There was still a glow in the sky, enough to see the path to the castle and make the bare branches stand out against the pale, greycast sky. Maybe he should have switched the motif from gold to silver- - - he wouldn't stand out that much then. It wasn't too obvious due to the lack of light, but it was obvious enough, he supposed. The redhead walked backwards, trying to get the full view of the castle from his place on the ground, twirling his black fountain pen between his fingers. He noticed someone there as well- - - the boy who was slapped, he realized. Poor thing, he thought wryly, to have his first impression as the boy who was bitchslapped by the redhead.

The other redhead, he meant. He wouldn't deny he was pretty irritated by her- - - it would be so much better if she was not in his house. Honestly, some people. That was a prime missort if anything.

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:41 am
User Image
User Image

Joshua turned on his heel when he heard another person approach. He stood out like a sore thumb, what with his bright red hair. He looked vaguely familiar, meaning he was a first year. "What do you want?" In that one sentence, Josh had snarled out and made himself seem as though he had many, many other things to do, rather than the truth of just not wanting to talk. His mother had said something about making friends, but he didn't need those. What he did need, however, were allies. Maybe... just maybe...

Greycast

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:54 am

s o m e o n e i n a g r u m p✖
d o n o t j u d g e m e
a m u s e d ✖
s i n g l e ✖

Well.

That was a surprise.

"Hostile greetings," Kas murmured to himself, looking at the other first-year in the vicinity. In a slightly louder voice, he spoke. "Likely the same thing you do," he answered, gesturing to the atmosphere in the area, which, despite the words that had been spoken, was still unbroken. It still gave off the air of serenity, with a slight unknown, ambiguous undertone. He wasn't the least fazed by the manner- - - he had better things to trouble himself than be offended by things like those. And anyway, he wasn't a first-impressions person. Finding a good spot around where the both of them were standing, the redhead stopped and looked at the view in satisfaction.

It was a sight.

A cold wind blew towards them, chilling the redhead's exposed arms. Paying no mind to it, Kas simply stuck the non-writing tip of his pen between his teeth, something he did when he had nothing else to occupy his time with, and looked on at the view. After a few moments, he turned to the other boy.

"So, what are you doing here too?" he opened the conversation, tone light and non-invasive as possible.

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:01 am
User Image
User Image

Joshua glared as the other boy mumbled something unintelligible. He said he wanted the same thing he did, which made Josh snort. He adjusted his scarf, still scowling. The other boy was chewing on a pen. How idiotic. The brunette secretly hoped the pen broke, sending a rush of ink down the boy's throat. When asked what he was doing, grey-blue eyes rolled in annoyance. "Likely the same as you, he taunted, mocking the redhead's voice. "I'm exploring, what do you think?" He crossed his arms, toes tapping in anger. Why couldn't the other boy take a hint!?

Greycast

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:31 am

d o n o t j u d g e m e
a m u s e d ✖
s i n g l e ✖

The redhead raised a brow at the negative responses he had received from the Slytherin- - - his assumptions, going by the palette his entire outfit had taken. If he didn't care for conversation, then there was nothing he could do about it. Smiling, Kas shrugged. "My bad, then," he replied, taking the pen out of his mouth. Gesturing again, the redhead inclined his head. "By all means, go ahead," he spoke, tone underlied with a barely noticeable hint of mockery. "I'm not here."

Walking to a nearby tree, said redhead leaned against the trunk and continued to enjoy the view while there was still light to see it by.

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:35 am
User Image
User Image

Joshua mumbled some rather offensive comments under his breath, rolling his eyes again. He went back to his poking around, but every few seconds he couldn't help but sneak glances at the other boy. "What's your name, anyhow?" He crossed his arms again, but there was the barest hint of honest curiosity in his eyes. Not that his scowl didn't try to hide it, though. He still looked just as grumpy, just... a little less intimidating.

Greycast

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:01 am

d o n o t j u d g e m e
a m u s e d ✖
s i n g l e ✖

He wasn't expecting any more conversation after it, but apparently he was wrong.

He hadn't been oblivious to the surreptitious glances he had earned from the other boy as he went back to his exploring, but chose to not notice them. Stares weren't new to him, seeing how he looked like was stare-inducing as it was. The snappy voice that jolted him out of his trance looking at the sights was, however, and Kas pulled his attention away from the sky long enough to answer the question.

"Kasdeja de Assi," Kas answered, looking at the crossed-armed figure of the Slytherin boy. Sticking his hands in his pockets and relaxing his position, the redhead went back to his view-watching. "And yourself?"

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:11 am
User Image
User Image

Joshua kept looking at the other boy, still unsure about him. He'd never had a real friend before, just playmates approved by his parents. Not that he wanted friends, of course. He didn't need them... but... maybe... When the boy gave his name, Josh looked taken aback. That was a very strange name indeed. "Joshua Stropthall." He paused a second, then added his favorite part of his name. "The Third." He gave a brief nod, then went back to staring at the boy. "You're a Hufflepuff, right?" He took a random guess, not really caring if he had guessed incorrectly. It didn't matter to him, since the redhead wasn't Slytherin.

Greycast

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:09 am

d o n o t j u d g e m e
a m u s e d ✖
s i n g l e ✖

The redhead's lips quirked up in a amused smile at the other's puzzled, what-did-you-say? expression when he had said his name out loud.

"Charmed to meet you, I'm sure," Kas continued, almost-grinning. "Kas is preferred, however," the redhead told him. "My whole name reminds me of a giraffe." Kas didn't know exactly why that was, but it did, despite the fact that he was damned short and was always quite tiny compared to the rest of Hogwarts' students.

"Ravenclaw," the boy corrected. Did he look like a Hufflepuff? Being honest, he probably would have disliked Hufflepuff a bit had he been sorted there.

The yellow would have clashed spectacularly well with his everything.

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:35 am
User Image
User Image

Joshua gave a look of surprise when the boy said his name sounded like a giraffe. "Don't you have to be tall to be a giraffe? You're more like a squirrel." He shrugged when the boy corrected to say he was a Ravenclaw. "Well, which ever. You're not in my house, so I don't have to deal with you." He gave an indignant snort, then glared at the redhead.

Greycast

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:48 am

j o s h u a s t r o p t h a l l✖
d o n o t j u d g e m e
a m u s e d ✖
s i n g l e ✖

Well, he was a pleasant little boy, wasn't he?

"I was indulging my own flight of fancy," the redhead smiled wryly, running a hand through the crimson locks. Squirrel, indeed. He didn't care much for the things, but they were alright, he supposed. "Aren't you the lucky one, then," Kas replied, biting the pen again, tone still wry and the half-smirk still on the boy's pretty face. The snark was interesting, the redhead thought, he'd not met someone so aggressively negative before.

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:08 am
User Image
User Image

Joshua rolled his eyes. Of course it would be this kid to "indulge a flight of fancy." Josh shook his head a bit, fluffing up his own dark hair. The redhead spoke about how Josh was lucky. "I suppose I am, Squirrel. It is quite nice not to have the lesser people in my house." He cocked an eyebrow, practically daring the other boy to challenge his words.

Greycast

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas