Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
Clock Tower Courtyard Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:36 pm
User Image
                                                                    User Image
                                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                                    Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ |❶| Gryffindor |❶| Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-ʙᴏʀɴ
                                                                    ════════════════════════

"Yeah, it's Danica," Dani will reply with a slight smile, "but friends usually just call me 'Dani'. I'm not too concerned about getting in trouble with Professor Powell; it wouldn't be the first detention I've served in a school. Although around this place, detention might mean hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons."

"My folks thought I was a problem child, and that was before I got my letter, after that my father called me a 'freak'. I'm as Muggleborn as they come, and I'm not sure what a 'Squib' is, at least in the magical sense." Dani shrugged, and added, "Whatever."

While Dani helped Cathy collect her fallen possessions, she added with a soft smile, "We should get you inside and cleaned up. You don't want them to find you like this, and we should probably get back to class, so we're both not hanging by her thumbs by the end of it."

════════════════════════
                                                                    OOC:

[]  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:28 pm
User Image
Cathy or Cate
Cathaline Acacia League
Hufflepuff

I am a first year.
❤My wand is... 8 ½ inches, acacia wood, with fairy hair core, springy, and spiraled.
My directions say I am... {in the Clocktower Courtyard though I should be in the History I classroom}
❤My time on the clock is Monday, Block 5 (Afternoon: 1:00-1:45)

❤ You want to know more about me? Wearing: My Uniform ❤ (Oh and my big brother? He's a 3rd year Ravenclaw.)

User Image

"I at least do know they don't make you hang from your thumbs in the dungeons for detention," Cathy said with a slight smile. "My Mum said she got detention a lot when she attended Hogwarts-oh and apparently a permanent ban from the library by her fourth year... she'd have mentioned hanging by her thumbs in a dungeon if they did that."

When Dani helped her collect her fallen possessions, she placed them carefully in her bag and said, "And a squib is someone who is born to a magical family but can't do any magic themselves. Apparently, he planned on living out an ordinary muggle life, but um my Mum lied to him about being a witch till they were married, though, my brother said something about him used to being her babysitter or something when he still lived at home so he should have recognized her."

She grabbed her bag and stood, dusting off her tights and patting down her skirt and robes she said, "My brother was more of the problem child than me and that's saying a lot considering he had perfect grades-probably still does knowing him-and the worst he would do is borrow Dad's medical textbooks from his office. Maybe I am naive and my parents and brother did lie to me and shelter me from a lot, but it is silly to blame them for it. They meant good by it. Anyways, I've got things figured out now, I should be thanking them if anything."

"And about going back to class," She shook her head and said, "it isn't like we have that much more time left. I'll be fine come dinner time and for astronomy after that. I will just go to Professor Powell's office later and apologize and ask for anything I missed. I overreacted, it's my fault after all. It'll probably be more of a disturbance for everyone if I do come back at this point all things considered."

Smiling she said with a bow of her head, "Seriously though Dani, thanks for checking on me, it means a lot to me. You're a good person otherwise you wouldn't have followed me out here and checked on me risking a detention you thought might be as bad as being strung up in the dungeons..." She ended the last with a little bit of a laugh as she wiped away her remaining tears. "I'm sure someday your parents will see you as an individual, your heart, and that's what counts. Everything else is just traits and quirks-from magic to who your family is to whatever label people put on you."

Even if I laugh or cry or don't get rewarded
I will love that life
There doesn't have to be anything that's perfect

Graydon Ironshield

{ }

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:37 pm
User Image
                                                                    User Image
                                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                                    ════════════════════════

"There are things worth the risk of being punished," Dani replied, with a slight smile," I doubt my parents would understand if any of this gets back to them, but I think my aunt would. I also doubt we have much to be concerned about from Professor Powell. He seems like a nice sort. We probably did miss something though; I'm pretty sure I heard some shouting after I left, and you know how sound carries down those halls."

"Honestly, I don't think Camilla really meant anything ill by what she said, but I suspect she really doesn't know any better way to say it, though. If you want, we can go up to the professor's office together. We're both going to need to get whatever assignment he passed out."

She will smile when Cathy calls her 'Dani', and gives her thumbs a thoughtful look. "I'm really glad they don't string people up in the dungeons here. I'm, uh... rather attached to my thumbs. Come on, let's get out of here."

════════════════════════
                                                                    OOC:

[]  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:40 pm
User Image
Cathy or Cate
Cathaline Acacia League
Hufflepuff

I am a first year.
❤My wand is... 8 ½ inches, acacia wood, with fairy hair core, springy, and spiraled.
My directions say I am... {in the Clocktower Courtyard though I should be in the History I classroom}

❤ You want to know more about me? Wearing: My Uniform ❤ (Oh and my big brother? He's a 3rd year Ravenclaw.)

User Image

Cathy nodded with a small smile and said, "Yeah, we can go together. I can apologize for the mess and explain what had gotten me so upset in the first place. And, you're right, I'm sure Camilla didn't mean any ill by what she said, I find it healthier to see the good in people instead of the bad-it is just as easy to find as the bad, so there's no reason not to."

"Probably the worst thing about the whole thing is the idea I missed something, though," Cathy said, still holding her smile, making a conscious effort to see the whole thing positively. It was a lot healthier, anyways. "History has always been one of my favorite classes. Back in London I used to go to the British Museum almost once a week. It is why I chose to learn Latin when I was little-though I guess I did branch out to more modern languages later..."

"Should we should head up to Professor Powell's office, now? He should be heading there soon after class right?" Cathy said.

I will love that life

Graydon Ironshield

{ }

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:51 pm
User Image
                                                                    User Image
                                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                                    ════════════════════════

Dani will nod, and reply, "I think we should go up there as soon as possible. We don't want Professor Powell to think we blew off the rest of his class, and I did tell him I was going to try to get you to come back."

════════════════════════
                                                                    OOC:

[]  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:24 pm
User Image
Cathy or Cate
Cathaline Acacia League
Hufflepuff

I am a first year.

User Image

Cathy forced herself to hold her smile and said, "Sorry for making you break your word... I mean since I don't plan to go back to his class today. I guess, honestly, I shouldn't say my reasoning is entirely that I don't want to further cause a disruption in class. I just want some time to digest what was said, what I did, and how the puzzle pieces all fit together now for me. I'm really appalled I actually snapped like that-it was horrible manners. Everyone must think I'm ridiculous because of it. And it was really horrible of me to do that to anyone. There's no excuse for it."

"It isn't their fault I've spent all year trying to piece together why everyone in my family has been so evasive about my extended family or why my father is so weird about magic-I mean it makes sense when he thought I was a squib and decided it was best for me to never find out about magic- but it seemed weird he was just the same when I got my Hogwarts letter. And, why I never saw met the rest of my family," She added, "and why every time my Mum and Dad and brother ever got back from visiting their hometown Dad and Mum would always get into some huge argument or what not."

"I'm an idiot, right?" She laughed a bit. "I'm gullible and an idiot. I come from a long line of pureblood witches and wizards who are apparently of the same kind of mindset Salazar Slytherin was. And it is probably true that there have been at least some cousins of some sort who married on both sides-I mean it is like how all the royal families in history are related in some way or another. If you limit your pool enough, everyone eventually is related at least distantly."

"Camilla was right in what she said and I'm a horrible person who snapped at her because I let my emotions get the better of me which wouldn't have happened if I wasn't such a gullible idiot in the first place," Cathy completed, and despite her smile she held between it all she felt tears sting her eyes again and she quickly wiped them away. "Sorry, Dani... Danica. You really shouldn't have stuck your neck out for me when I was being so childish. And, here I am taking advantage of your niceness. Like I said, I'll be back to normal come dinner time, what other choice do I have? No use getting upset about something that already happened, right? You can only move forward..." She nodded and held her smile as she looked at Dani with her brown eyes set in determination to the words she said. Cathy really did feel horrible about everything she had said and done in the class, especially now that she had the space to think it through. It was appalling behavior. She had been raised better than that and she should be a better person than that.

I will love that life

Graydon Ironshield

{ }

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:31 pm
User Image
                                                                    User Image
                                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                                    ════════════════════════

"You're not an idiot, Cathy," Dani will reply with a soft smile, "if you were you wouldn't know it, and you're too smart to be gullible. I think you might be overstating things a bit, and I think maybe you need to give yourself a break." She'll smile and add, "Perhaps your family was simply trying to protect you. If you turned out not to be a witch, then you could have continued living your life, never knowing it was any more than it already was. Besides, with that whole Statute of Secrecy thing, they probably wouldn't have even been allowed to tell you anything anyway. They were doing more for you than my own family did for me; yours shielded you from what the truth was, mine cast me into the cold."

"You're not a bad person, you overreacted," Dani added. "So what? I don't know about you, but I've never been so far away from my friends, my home, and whatever of my family who'll still claim me; and sometimes this place scares me. So, I think we have the right to overreact on occasion, you know, so long as we're not using it to cut class or something."

════════════════════════
                                                                    OOC:

[]  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:09 am
User Image
Cathy or Cate
Cathaline Acacia League
Hufflepuff

I am a first year.

User Image

Cathy shook her head and said very empathetic, "No. No I'm not allowed to overreact. Never. Calm. Collected. Composing oneself with poise and dignity. That is what I'm supposed to do."

"Besides, my family could have told me if they wanted, even if I wasn't a witch. Non-magical individuals closely in connection with a witch or wizard can know. I mean witches or wizards parents who aren't magical would have to find out eventually. Only reasonable. And, in the cases of accidents where things or individuals see things they shouldn't, the Ministry does have an office in charge of altering people's memories. My mother works in that department, she knows the rules better than most would in regards to that."

"When I found out I was a witch I definitely should have been told everything, then. I have several aunts and uncles and cousins and even two pairs of living grandparents who didn't even know I existed till less than a year ago," She said. Glancing away she said, "I don't care how awful they may be, they are still my family too. I... This summer, I plan to go to Tinworth and at least see my grandparents for myself. I don't have to agree with them about everything, and like I said they are still family. If I had been told from the beginning, none of this would have happened. But still, no matter how I found out-and it was a matter of time ever since I got that Hogwarts letter-it gave me no excuse to act like that. No matter what others say it is only words and you don't dignify horrible statements with equally horrid behavior. Two wrongs don't make a right."

She paused, glanced back at Dani and nodded, before giving her an apologetic smile. "Sorry, that probably sounds weird. I'll shut-up. I'm being selfish in continuing on like I am." She bowed her head slightly and said, "I'm taking advantage of you still. I really am awful. Sorry." Raising her head she added, "I owe you one. Well, way more than one. If you ever need anything at all, I'm here, okay? Don't be afraid to ask."

I will love that life

Graydon Ironshield

{ }

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:26 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x
                                    ████████████████xx мαιsιε & ∂мιтяι яεε∂ xx███████xxxxall we have to do is decide what we're going to do with the time given to us.

First Years | | Eleven | | Slytherin/Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Bloods

Dmitri sat silently on one of the stones at the far side of the courtyard. Second by second Dmitri was beginning to get irritated; how many times had he reminded his sister they were studying? If she ever wanted to pass History, she had to hurry. Of course, there was no chance in hell that Dmitri was going to pass Astronomy without her help, and he didn't doubt that she'd show up eventually. Sighing Dmitri realised that he was stuck between a rock and a hard place. Either he fail the subject or he continue waiting. Plus, what excuse was he going to use? He couldn't use the excuse of being late to class, and if he used his mother she would certainly rat him out. He didn't have any friends either, and Maisie knew that considering how much time they'd still been spending together. Letting out another sigh, Dmitri stood and began pacing the courtyard. He couldn't do anything until Maisie was there, after all.

After what seemed like forever (which was truly only another two or three minutes) Maisie walked into the courtyard. She offered no explanation as she sat herself down at one of the benches and took out her astronomy book. She flicked through a few pages impatiently before looking up at Dmitri.
                                                "Well?" She asked. Dmitri stood in front of her and looked down in amazement. "What's with that stupid face?" She moaned, already getting irritated with her brother

"This face is for the fact that you waltz over here with no explanation to the fact that you were over half an hour late...we had this scheduled, Mais..." Dmitri explained, just as irritated with her.

Maisie simply shrugged.
                                                "And?" She inquired, leaning back against the bench. "It's not like you had anything else to do. If you really want to fail astronomy, go right ahead, I'll leave." Maisie shrugged, closing her book. "I can just get the history notes from someone else." She snapped, glaring up at her brother. Unlike him she wasn't spineless and had no problem going up to one of her housemates for notes or something. Even then she could just read through the book.

Dmitri glared down at her, but soon walked over at sat next to the girl.
                                                "Ya'know, you really are a pain in the arse..." He mumbled.

Maisie smiled.
                                                "And yet you're still here." She stated simply.

Dmitri rolled his eyes at her and elbowed her gently. A confused look then came over him as he looked over at her.
                                                "Why were you late anyway? I know you don't have any friends."

Maisie rolled her eyes at her brother and looked down at her astronomy book.
                                                "Doesn't matter, brother dear. Now, let's get working." She started as she began helping her brother out with astronomy.

casual x ooc :: - - -

summerisles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:36 pm
User Image
----------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n----------

♪ You gotta fight ♫
♪ For your right ♫
♪ to PARTY! ♫

-----------ғ ι r ѕ т----y e a r----н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ-----------

What am I doing? Walking the grounds.
How am I feeling? Bored and cold.
What's on my mind? Need a break from studying...

Rider had began to go stir crazy sitting in the library studying for all her classes, after having sat in the Hufflepuff common room doing the same. So she had decided a nice walk through the grounds would help her mind focus. She wasn't expecting the brisk chill in the air when she stepped into the clock tower courtyard, however. She tucked herself into her fluffy jacket and zipped it up around her. Walking into the courtyard, she heard voices she recognized. Peeking towards them, she spotted the Reed siblings. Smiling, she strode over towards them. It looked like they were studying too, or at least planning to. Walking towards them, she waved. "'Ello there," she said happily. "You're Dmitri and Maisie Reed right? We're in the same year. Me name's Rider," she said, tugging her mitten off and extending her hand to the twins. Her smile brimmed at the two, hoping she could befriend the both of them.

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

SummerIsles

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:08 pm
x
x
x
x

x
                                    ████████████████xx мαιsιε & ∂мιтяι яεε∂ xx███████xxxxall we have to do is decide what we're going to do with the time given to us.

Just as the twins were beginning to study they heard a voice and looked up. Some brunette was walking over to them, and by her colours it was pretty obvious she was a Hufflepuff. Immediately Maisie rolled her eyes and looked down at her book, wanting to get working on their studying. Well, not really, she just wanted to ignore this girl, whoever she was -- Maisie wasn't actually listening to her talking. She was just about to begin before her brother started talking.

"Hello there, Rider." He said, waving slightly. "And yeah, we're the Reed's." Maisie looked over at her brother in disbelief, was he really talking to this girl? Maisie looked over at her and glared. She jabbed him in the ribs causing him to yelp slightly. He looked over at her as if asking what the deal was. Maisie growled quiet enough that only Dmitri could hear despite how close this Hufflepuff was. Dmitri simply rolled his eyes, actually wanting to make friends no matter the person's house. Plus, it helped that the girl was rather cute. Dmitri brought his attention back to Rider before smirking slightly -- the kid hadn't a clue how to smile -- and nodded. "How're you? Never really seen you around before other than in the library. And classes, of course." He asked Rider.

summerisles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:14 pm
User Image

♪ You gotta fight ♫
♪ For your right ♫
♪ to PARTY! ♫

When the boy, Dmitri, greeted her, Rider smiled, then blinked in shock a little at how his sister reacted. They seemed to be having some kind of silent conversation before Dmitri asked how she was. Rider quickly rebounded, smiling happily. "I'm pretty good. A little chilly," she said, adding a happy little laugh. Still smiling, she asked, "'Ow about the both of ye?" She beamed at them, then addressed what Dmitri had said. "Oh, I'm mostly down in the basement when not in class. The classes 'ave a lot of bloody work," she said, still beaming happily.

{...}

Arkendrai

SummerIsles

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:57 pm
x
x
x
x

x

Unlike his sister, Dmitri didn't completely mind Hufflepuffs. Sure, he usually thought of their House as a joke -- not that he would ever tell Rider this -- but the students from the House were usually rather nice and helpful in some instances. Hell, he'd dropped his things in the halls once and a upperclassmen in Hufflepuff helped him out. They were kind to everyone no matter their House, usually. Of course, Maisie didn't see it that way. She viewed them as a useless House, however she really couldn't do anything about this. Dmitri never understood what exactly Maisie had against Hufflepuffs, but she needed to get over it and quick. However he didn't know about her possibility of getting made fun of and picked on by people in her year and older for hanging out with one. Maybe not all of them would, there were some who didn't care, but she knew if she was seen she would be made fun of. Dmitri and the brunette girl were lucky that they were outside in the cold, it was less likely for them to be seen. Of course, it was simply Maisie's paranoia, after all she really didn't have any friends in her own House.

Dmitri shrugged slightly. While the air outside had a little bit of an edge to it by now, Dmitri wasn't bothered by it. It really wasn't even that cold outside yet.
                                                "I'm good. A little overwhelmed by classes, I suppose." Dmitri sighed, shrugging again. After waiting a minute, he elbowed Maisie gently to get her attention. She was going to answer whether she wanted to or not.

Maisie glared over at her brother before bringing her leer back to the Hufflepuff girl. She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath, the glare softening a bit on her face, however not really that much.
                                                "Fine." She mumbled, wishing to leave. If it wasn't for her brother holding History of Magic over her head, Maisie would've already left.

summerisles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:14 pm
User Image

♪ You gotta fight ♫
♪ For your right ♫
♪ to PARTY! ♫

Rider frowned slightly when the boy said he was getting a little overwhelmed by classes, then walked forward and sat beside him. She didn't notice that Dmitri had to elbow his sister to get her to respond to her question. Rider seemed more intent on helping Dmitri with his school work. "I'm taking a break meself. Lots of 'omework. What classes are catching ye up?" She seemed generally concerned and she was definitely willing to offer some help for whatever she could. With the exceptions of History of Magic and Astronomy, she was pulling good marks in her classes.

{...}

Arkendrai

SummerIsles

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:57 am
x
x
x
x

x

Dmitri was a little taken aback by Rider taking a seat beside him. While he wasn't opposed to small talk, he wasn't one for conversation with someone he barely knew, and that's what her sitting down was going to come to. Letting out a subtle sigh, Dmitri moved slightly over to make room for Rider. Maisie moved over reluctantly, not really wanting her brother to sit on top of her, a bit angry that he had let her sit down. In all truth, Dmitri was just as surprised as she was, after all he hadn't really invited her. Maybe he seemed inviting? Who knew.

"Maisie's catching me up on Astronomy, I'm helping her with History of Magic." He shrugged. Maisie brought her Astronomy book back over onto her own lap and closed it. "Or, well, we were..." He mumbled looking over at her.

"We wouldn't have this issue if he didn't fall asleep in class..." Maisie murmured, fingering the corner of her book.

"And if you would actually listen in class." Dmitri shot back. "I'm not the only one at fault here."

"Mmm, never said you were. It's just that I don't fall asleep in class." Maisie said, opening the book back up and running her fingers over a picture of Venus. Dmitri just shook his head at her and turned his attenion back to Rider, not all that sure on what else to say.

summerisles

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas