Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
Clock Tower Courtyard Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Astra_Senpai

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:24 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Kenda! Come back!" Sparrow cried out. Kenda had been in a mood this morning! First scratching Sparrow's face to wake her, hissing and growling when Sparrow tried to pet her, shredding part of Sparrows charms book. They'd had a moment of peace and Sparrow had taken the chance to start writing her aunt. Tired of being ignored, the half-kneazle had picked up and run off with Sparrow's wand- escaping the common room and leading Sparrow on a wild run through the school. The deer colored feline darted between the legs of anyone she passed. The tiny girl, running at full speed with her long golden hair waving behind her, cried out, "Come back! Please!"
Coming to an aged courtyard, Sparrow doubled over and panted. "I-I'll catch y-you! You j-ust wait!" Cerulean eyes looked around- where had Kenda gone? Where was that mean little feline? A meow pulled her attention up high. Sparrow gasped as she found Kenda perched far out of reach and grooming. "Come down here right now! This isn't funny you smug little monster!" Kenda meowed a delighted tone, watching with silvered eyes as her owner began to circle the pillar. "If you won't come down, then I'm coming up!" Sparrow threw her robe onto the ground, her clothing beneath simple and without flourish. Putting her small fingers into a crack and her toes on a shifted edge Sparrow would lift up and begin to climb.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:08 pm
User Image
User Image

Tristain leaned nervously against a brick wall, her hands fidgeting with the skirt of her robes as she waited for Jayden to arrive. He had handed her a note last night after dinner before rushing off to his common room. She was a little confused about why he would request to talk the next morning rather than in the middle of the great hall, and to be quite honest—it worried her.

Her heart began to quicken its pace as she realized this, her thoughts tripping over possible topics for their coming conversation, but not able to settle on one that could be most likely. She forced her eyes to wander out over the courtyard in an attempt to distract herself, but no such luck would come of it.

User Image
"Love to faults is always blind, always is to joy inclined.
Lawless, winged, and unconfined, and breaks all chains from every mind."

- William Shakespeare
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:43 pm
Marina Eugenie Aldred, Proud Halfblood, Slytherin First Year
(OOC):I'm on my phone, sorry for the post appearance.

Marina had been reading in the court yard during her break, enjoying the fresh air and a good adventure novel. She looked up from the pages when she heard some meowing and exclamations. Sparrow was attempting to climb up a pillar to reach what looked like a half kneazle with her wand. Gaping, Marina slowly put down her book to watch the action. She hoped Sparrow didn't fall.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:02 pm

Sparrow could climb a tree without issues at home. A sculpted pillar was completely different. Sparrow gasped as she feet slipped. Using only arm strength to hold on she squawked and strained- wrapping her hand in ivy as she tried to pull herself up. She scrabbled a moment to gain purchase- finding it and continuing. "You horrible cat. I'll put you in your carrier," she chirped at Kenda. The half-kneazle meowing in response before continuing to groom.
Reaching the top, Sparrow pulled herself up and panted. Turning, being careful to crawl away from the edge she continue to chase her cat."Come on, Kenda. Come here," she cooed, reaching out ever so slowly. Kenda fluffed up and hissed, snatching up the wand, running to the far ledge and leaping to another. Sparrow shrilled, standing up- looking down and freezing. What color there was to her was gone- this was really high.
The feline, now sitting beside a small gargoyle, began to preen once again. Her brilliant little kitty eyes watching to see how the small girl would solve this problem. Kenda gave a 'come save me' yowl. Sparrow looked up and swallowed, "Yes- yes. I hear you. I'm coming." Walking to the edge, she stretched out a foot to test a column wrapped in ivy- a small bridge between here and where Kenda was sitting. Sparrow slowly began the walk across, her arms out for balance.  

Astra_Senpai

Beloved Dabbler

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:27 pm
Jayden Michael Cloud

User Image

Mood: Nervous, Frenetic
What I am doing: Talking with Tristain
What I want to be doing: Away from everything...with her

Jayden walked into the Clock Tower Courtyard, looking for Tristain. He was worried, and he could not lie about that. He needed to tell her about her brother, but he did not know how he could possibly tell the girl that her brother was possessed. This was not something to joke around about. There is no possible way he could instill humor in this.

Jayden finally found Tristain, standing to her lonesome, thoughts probably wondering. He hoped he could find someway to tell her this by the time he got over there.

Well, he didn't. He finally saw her and he opened his mouth, and went to speak, but when he tried, nothing came out. He was shaking, his bones rattling, and it was completely noticeable. He took her hands then, hoping to find comfort in them, but was unable, and his arms and body continued to shake.

"Tris--Tristain, I-I need to ta--alk to you. Its about....your brother," Jayden said, forcing out. Those were the only words he could possibly say at the moment. He honestly had no words at the moment. He couldn't possibly imagine how the girl would take it, speaking that Colton wasn't even his friend and he was flustered by it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:43 am
Cause she's just like the weather, can't hold her together

Mood: Worried
Thoughts: I hope she doesn't fall...
Friends: Cloe, Eoin, and Sparrow

Marina jumped to her feet, watching her friend in horror, a hand over her mouth. Was Sparrow insane? She could die falling from that high, magical or not! Marina pulled her wand out from behind her ear. She didn't know any spells to stop someone from plummeting to their death and magic wasn't allowed outside of classes, but what else could she do? She ran over directly underneath where Sparrow was. "Have you gone mad?!" she screeched up at her friend.

Born from dark water, daughter of the rain and snow

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Astra_Senpai

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:12 am

Sparrow wavered at the shout, her foot hooking under some ivy and tripping. She let out a small squawk of surprise. Sparrow gasped flailing her arms and coming to a full stop. She looked down to find Marina full of worry. Sparrow blushed- someone had noticed her and more so it was someone she knew. Looking down had been a poor idea- she felt a little queazy.
Swallowing her nausea, Sparrow called down to Marina, "No I'm not. Kenda has my wand and she's scared." Kenda gave a 'save me' yowl as if to confirm. Truth was the half-kneazle wasn't scared in the slightest and was having quite a good time watching her human bend to her will. Sparrow smiled at Marina, her golden hair wafting in the light breeze, "I'm okay. Really."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:19 am
User Image

A White Mask peered out over the tall spires and long corridors of the magical school once again. The summer was such a quiet time it made for little in the way of being needed and the White Fox had found other areas he could be useful in while away from the school he swore to protect, along with the students who lived within. White robes flapped slightly in the gentle breezes that stirred up atop the Clock Tower but his hood remained un-moving as he looked on to the sights below.

It was a curious case that caught his eye on this day, a girl looking to be chasing her cat her looked to have taken her wand. It was a humorous sight until the cat decided to use its acrobatic abilities and scale surfaces many people would find difficult on their best day. The girl followed though and even with the looming ground so far away and little in the way of protection from falling she climbed. The White Fox wanted to leap over and assist the girl but worried his sudden presence could startle her into a fall and then it would be another matter in truly saving her.

With grace and agility the wizard dressed in white moved across the building structures to get a better perch on the event. He stayed silent and did his best to keep within the shadows, what little there were at this time of day. His feet made no sound which to many would seem odd but a few might understand the magic behind it, but in truth most of the silence was from the White Fox himself the silencing spell just enhanced his stealth that much more. Now the white masked figure watched the act play out and was ready to spring should the girl fall or the cat decide to play a harmful move. His hand rested over a small bag on his sash belt ready to bring his staff into play should it be needed. For the time being however the White Fox watched the girl and silently rooted for her to accomplish her task without incident.

User Image

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:24 am

Mood: Worried
Thoughts: She better be careful...
With: Sparrow

Marina almost screamed when Sparrow tripped and teetered, but managed to restrain herself. She seriously doubted, Sparrow was OK; she was so high up, but bit back any further protests. "Just.... Don't die, OK?"she called up weakly, glaring at that evil half kneazle. Jet was much more well behaved, she thought to herself fondly, thinking of her gray kitten. The breeze was making her red curls fly around her head and she scowled irritably, craning her neck to gaze up at Sparrow. "She'll get a detention for sure," she mumbled.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:00 am

Taking a moment to step back, unhooking her foot from the ivy, Sparrow gave a small nod. Was Marina really worried she was going to die? Sure it was high... okay really high up. Sparrow admitted silently she was a little worried about high off the ground this was. Why was it everyone's first instinct was she was going to die? Maybe it was because she was smaller than most? Shaking her golden head, Sparrow chirped with confidence, "I'll be just fine." Arms out, wings spread for balance, Sparrow gingerly continued across- it was no different than crossing a fallen tree in the woods. Or at least that's what she would continue to tell herself.
Kenda rubbed against the gargoyle, this was a fun game, they would have to play it more often. And look, Kenda purred to herself, she'd even managed to get her human a friend! What a good feline she was. Kenda yowled to encourage her human to come save her. She certainly didn't need to be saved, but this was a good way to get attention.
Sparrow came to where the bar met the wall. She tested it before stepping completely onto it. The walking path wasn't very wide- perfect for a cat but not an eleven year old. This part looked weather worn without the ivy wrapped around it. Sparrow looked over the wall, that was a much farther drop. She swallowed, that was the kind of fall that would kill a person, with or without people warning against death. Sparrow slowly turned her back to the outside of the wall, the wind was stronger here and her long hair whipped around her wildly. This was where her nerves began to get the best of her.
Walking sideways, Sparrow had to be careful as this wall was a bit crumbly. Stepping down, Sparrow gasped having to shift her weight back to the other foot quickly. A small chunk of the wall crumbled away and clattered to the ground. She swallowed, cerulean eyes wide as the stone shattered like glass- that could be her if she wasn't careful. Oh wow- this was really high. Kenda gave a 'mrow', her attention went back to the cat and Sparrow continued moving... a few feet left- just a few feet. "You're lucky I love you, Kenda."  

Astra_Senpai

Beloved Dabbler

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:36 am

Mood: Alarmed
Thoughts: AH!
With: Sparrow

Marina yelped in alarm as a piece of stone the size of her head clattered down, narrowly missing her as she jumped out of the way. She gritted her teeth. If Sparrow didn't kill herself, she might kill Marina. She was in awe of Sparrow's balance, though. Marina wasn't exactly a klutz, but she was nowhere near as graceful and light footed as her golden haired friend. Sparrow could have been an acrobat if she was a muggle. Marina wondered how exactly Sparrow was planning on getting down, but she guessed that the smaller girl would cross that bridge when she came to it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:28 am
We're going at it tonight, tonight
There's a party on the rooftop top of the world
Tonight, tonight and we're dancing on the edge of the Hollywood sign
I don't know if I'll make it but watch how good I'll fake it
It's all right, all right, tonight, tonight

𝕰lizabeth𝕭urke User Image
𝔉𝔦𝔯𝔰𝔱 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯, 𝔊𝔯𝔶𝔣𝔣𝔦𝔫𝔡𝔬𝔯
𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔪𝔬𝔲𝔱𝔥

A gently humming muse growled softly in her throat, gliding on the illustrious winds with perfect harmony, twisting and unfurling from every which direction, as if she were everywhere and nowhere all at once, the work of the blood coursing in her veins intermingled with magic far more cryptic than wizards and witches, enchanting and enticing to the ears she reached. She twirled gently as she glided over the grass and paused, fixating her sunglasses on the tinted world around her. The first years, she recognized easy with a smile guiding her lips, but at the notice of a familiar boy she had met her first night in the school, those lilac eyes glinted with wonder. She stopped herself, noticing his interaction with a blonde Ravenclaw.

”Hmm, mmmmmmmm,” Cersei continued to hum softly under her tongue, drifting off into a fairy tale.

My voice
---Half Witch-Half Veela
------ Clocktower Courtyard
---------- In solace
-------------- ♪ ♫ ♪

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:26 pm
User Image
User Image

As if her own thoughts hadn't been taking her on a roller coaster for the past twelve hours, when she saw Jayden's trembling facade, Tristain felt her insides crumble. Something had to be wrong--was it her? Was it him? Was it classes? She didn't know, but one thing was certain, she knew that she didn't want to know.

As he approached, she could only mumble his name, her heart speeding its pace even further as he took her hands in his and she could feel just how badly her friend was shaking.
"Jay, wh—" she began, but was quickly interrupted by an attempt at a partial explanation—an explanation that was the furthest thing from what she had expected.

"My brother? Jayden, what's wrong? Did he threaten you again? 'Cause I swear on Merlin's beard—" Tristain stopped herself mid-sentence when she heard how bad her own voice was trembling.

She had had just about enough with Colt and his over-protective madness. She had thought he was past all that, especially after what he had said at King's Cross before boarding the Hogwarts Express. However, it appeared as if her intuition was a little bit off these days.

Tristain raised her worried blue eyes to Jayden's and dug as deep as possible, trying to root out the source of his aggravation.

User Image
"Love to faults is always blind, always is to joy inclined.
Lawless, winged, and unconfined, and breaks all chains from every mind."

- William Shakespeare
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:42 pm

Holding out her hand, Sparrow very carefully squatted. She was never happier to have pants as she was now or this would have been horridly awkward. Reaching out Sparrow cooed, "Come on, Kenda. No more games." The feline rubbed against the gargoyle and meowed, leaning against the stone beast to stay just out of reach.
Sparrow inched closer and just as her hand would have grasped the cat, "I got you." The stone beneath her feet shifted a few inches. She sprang to the gargoyles ledge, dangling for a few moments by her arms, her little nails trying to find purchase in the stone. She was too scared to scream and she didn't flail about. Marina was down there- watching.
Oh no- no no. She gasped like a fish out of water, her arms trembling as she flexed every muscle in her tiny body. Sparrow couldn't fall not when someone was watching. Her aunt had said before that the death of someone sticks with you especially if you care about them. She didn't know if Marina cared like her aunt meant but Sparrow would not, could not do that to her. "Just like a tree branch... just like a tree branch..." and slowly began to pull herself up and onto the ledge. Once there she hugged it for a moment and shook, she felt a little sick.
Watching as more of the wall crumbled away. Watching it crumple away and to the ground Sparrow shook- oh that... that was too close. Only moments ago... if she'd been slower... if she hadn't been strong enough to pull herself up. Sitting up slowly, she picked up Kenda and held her tightly against her chest. Her heart was thudding so hard she almost couldn't breathe. Kenda growled but didn't struggle. Sparrow grabbed her wand from the gargoyles mouth- putting it into her pants pocket, as her robes had been left on the ground far, far below.
Kenda grumped, being held far too tightly to be comfortable. Sparrow was shaking too hard to continue. She buried her face against the half-kneazles fur and did her absolute best to not cry. It hadn't been so bad. She just needed a few minutes. She prayed where she was sitting wasn't fragile. Sparrow weighed barely anything and with luck nothing else would crumble away. She crossed her ankles and allowed her legs to hang. She just needed a moment. Just a moment for her heart to calm down.  

Astra_Senpai

Beloved Dabbler

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:09 pm
User Image

The girl had guts he would give her that. The gold and onyx colors of her robes did not seem to fit the young girl as she traversed the narrow crumbling structure to get her wand and cat back. Her courage was indeed better fit to a lioness but the White Fox did not dwell on the matter as he watched the girl nearly fall before she pulled herself up from a crumbling wall. His white boot had been all but ready to push off had the girl waited a heartbeat longer in pulling herself up. She seemed visibly shaken as she held on to her cat despite the protest it seemed to be giving.

Looking at the structure the White Fox found himself wondering how the girl would get down from her new perch with the way she came now no longer there. With a nod the white robed figure moved along the structures around the point in question so he could better see the crumbled piece of wall. His hand reached into his pouch and then pulled out his six foot long white wax wood staff and pointed it towards the fallen structure. With a quiet voice calling the command the White Fox hoped it would be enough subtle help without having to get involved and possibly causing the girl to lose her balance.

Reparo.

The stone pieces of the wall and other areas that had fallen away lifted off the ground and reformed themselves to their home. They sunk in and merged with the piece of wall originally binding them and with much more strength and structural support. Knowing the girl seemed a capable climber by the way she scaled the precarious structure, the White Fox held firm that she could come back down with a structure that was held firmly together. If not he would be waiting and ready to assist more if need be.

User Image

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces