Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
Covered Bridge Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:48 pm
Covered Bridge

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"The Covered Bridge is a feature of Hogwarts Castle. The bridge appears derelict, and is constructed of wood beams which extend to the floor of the ravine it lays across. The roof of the Covered Bridge is sagging and appears thatched and tarred. The bridge blends in with the natural environment surrounding it.

The Covered Bridge begins at one end of the Clock Tower Courtyard, at the base of the Clock Tower. At the end of the covered bridge there is a small stone gazebo with benches. Outside of it is the Stone Circle. Given its unstable look it is possibly held up by magic. "

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:48 pm
User Image
User Image

Hikari stood in the covered bridge, tears streaming down her face. This had not been what she had been expecting. In her arms she held the book she had taken from Uncle Eriol's library with his knowing. Inside the book she had found her mother. If that had been it then it would have been enough but it was not. She had found the truth of her mother, of her family. Her father and mother were both Salem pure-bloods with a history of European magic. If that had been it then it would have been awesome, but no there was more, there always was. Hikari had discovered that her mother had released a great and powerful on Salem that had almost destroyed Salem. It had become a part of her, like Hikari's other self. Soon after Hikari's mother and father had left Salem for Salem's safety, only to have Hikari and give her up to Eriol (Hikari had assume the last part because unless she spoke with her mother she would never know if it was true). Now Hikari was alone. Whispering into the air Hikari summoned her familiars Okami and Crahi. Curling up into a ball Hikari crotched down and cried Okami curling up around her, Crahi resting silently on Hikari's should. The book was still clutched tightly against her chest.

When life is hard
you learn to adapt
and face the challenge
with knowledge and
a level head.
User Image  

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:38 pm
User Image

Xenos was walking up the other end of the bridge, Rhys perched on his arm. He'd just been out with his eagle, letting the bird fly as he watched and studied. A smile crossed his face as he walked on the bridge. It had been here last year that he had found Rhys, making this place special to him. Looking up, Xenos was startled by the sight of Hikari with Okami and Crahi. His housemate seemed to be distraught and that worried him. "Hikari? Are you alright?" He asked as he came over. Rhys cawed lightly as he moved from Xenos' arm to his shoulder.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:24 pm
User Image
User Image

Hikari didn't move when she heard someone approach. Her misery was too great at that to care. The the voice of Xenos asked her if she was alright she looked up startled, the tears still had not stopped falling. "Xenos, I-ah, I found her." Hikari said standing up slowly. She handed Xenos the book and opened it to the page for Maria Adriana Jones Spronken. "It's her, she is my mother, just read it." Hikari wiped her eyes, but the tears wouldn't stop. Okami looked at Hikari, Crahi had moved closers to Hikari's cheek. "I should have never tried to find out about her..."

When life is hard
you learn to adapt
and face the challenge
with knowledge and
a level head.
User Image  

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:54 pm
User Image

Xenos couldn't figure out why finding her mother would upset her so much. Quietly he took the offered book and looked on the open page for the woman. As he read he understood more why Hikari was so upset. To have that power locked inside of you, the power that almost destroyed an entire city and know that your mother had released it....it couldn't be easy. "You can bend it and twist it...you can use it and abuse it...but even God can not change the truth." Xenos half muttered as he finished reading. Latly he found himself quoting things when he couldn't find the right words himself. "Have you wrote your uncle about this yet?" He asked looking back up at Hikari as he closed the book. He didn't like seeing his yearmate this upset. It bothered him alot actually.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:08 pm
User Image
User Image

Hikari shook her head. She had no idea she would tell her uncle. She had taken the book without his knowing, because she had wanted to know so badly. He was smart enough even if she didn't mention the book to figure it out she had taken it. It was not not that hard. Beside there was no book like this in the Hogwarts collection as far as Hikari knew. Still... she could try to lie to her uncle but that was not like her. It would brake his trust in her even more. "No, I have not told him yet. How can I tell him Xenos!? I took this book without asking first! I should have asked first..." Her voice grew quieter as she spoke, she felt embarrassed and foolish. What a mess she had made for herself. What was she going to do now? Wiping the tears way with the sleeve of her robes the tears finally stopped, but her face still felt red and puffy. She looked down at Okami and began to stroke his head. She needed to do something with her hands, they felt cold and empty, like her heart.

When life is hard
you learn to adapt
and face the challenge
with knowledge and
a level head.
User Image  

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:50 pm
User Image

"But he might have some answers for you. I still believe that there was nothing wrong with you wanting to know. I wish you could talk to her, maybe....maybe it'd help you." Xenos said his voice realtivly calm as he watched Hikari pet Okami. "I don't think your uncle will understand. He might be upset, but he probably was scared of seeing you this upset. Taking the book is the least of the problems here." He continued. Granted Xenos didn't know Eriol that well, but it seemed to him that the book wouldn't be as much of a concern for the older wizard. Right now he wished he could hit a button that would make things better for Hikari but knew that even in the magic world that kind of thing didn't exsist.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:12 pm
User Image
User Image

Hikari nodded, Xenos was right. She looked up and gave him a weak smile. "Your right, I need to tell him. He should understand. I will send him an owl when I get back to the common room." She began to scratch behind Okami's ear. It was so calming being here with Xenos and her familiars. He was so smart, so logical, and such a good friend. He knew just what to say and when to say it. Hikari then looked down at the book in Xenos's hand. Her mother. That woman had left her behind, and she was never warned. Why hadn't Eriol told her about that? He must have thought that it was going to be safer not to tell her the truth. Hikari sighed, the smiled fading slowly. "Xenos will you help me, I do not think I could write it alone. I do not think I can face it alone."

When life is hard
you learn to adapt
and face the challenge
with knowledge and
a level head.
User Image  

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:23 pm
User Image

Xenos smiled softly at her, reaching out to brush some of her hair behind her ear. Latly he'd been doing things like that without thinking. Moving to adjust his glasses, Xenos didn't let his smile falter. "Of course I'll help you. I was going to help you research her but you got ahead of me on that. Would you like to go now, or do you want to stay out her and relax a little?" He asked lightly figuring the book. Why did moments of other's pain always spark a bit of guilt in him? Here was one of his closest friends calming after finding her real mother and all he did was argue with his. He'd offer his mother up to Hikari as a replacement but doubted his father would take that well. Xenos chuckled lightly when Rhys nipped at his ear bringing the pale boy back into the present.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:01 pm
User Image
User Image

Hikari's cheek turned a rosy color as Xenos brushed her hair out her face. Hikari looked up into Xenos's glasses protected eyes. He was smiling. Hikari could not help but smile back. He had told her that he would help her find her mother, now he was going to help her with this letter. "Thank you. I think heading back to the common room and starting this would be for the best." Hikari took Xenos's hand, it was an unconscious move but once she held she felt shy and odd. She hoped he would not let go or pul away. Maybe he would be okay with them walking back to the common room like this. She had no idea.

When life is hard
you learn to adapt
and face the challenge
with knowledge and
a level head.
User Image  

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:36 pm
User Image

Xenos was a little surprised when he felt Hikari's hand in his. Squeezing it lightly in a reassuring way, he smiled at her again. "Alright then. Let's get going. The soonier we get that letter wrote the better." Xenos said as he started to lead the way, still holding Hikari's hand.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:57 pm
User Image
User Image

Hikari aloud herself the be lead back to the common room. It had accord to her that Xeno was still holding the book. Not that that really mattered. If he forgot about it maybe he would not give it back, and that was okay with her. Hikari felt her cheeks get hot again. Xenos.... She wondered how many people had crushes on him. She guessed that she was not the only one. She wanted to sigh at the thought but held it in. That was the last thing she needed, to show off her emotions like that. It would be a waste, she needed to wait until she was not a mess with emotions to make sure that what she was feeling was adoration and not something else. Finally Hikari said in a low voice, "Thank you Xenos, for everything."

When life is hard
you learn to adapt
and face the challenge
with knowledge and
a level head.
User Image  

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:36 pm
User Image
Where am I? Sitting on the rail half way down the covered bridge
Who am I with? My thoughts
What's my mood? Barely holding it in
Who/What's on my mind? Why?
What do I want? To hide and to not think for a bit

((just so peeps know when they read this I'm setting this post up at night))

The first thing that struck him once he was out of the bridge was the cool night air. It stung his face, his eyes and made him shiver. Although it was still summer the air coming up off of the lake and through the ravine seemed more like winter. But the albino didn't care. Standing there, suspending over what looked like a void of swirly black below him with the cold light of the moon in the inky sky above....he could almost imagine himself just vanishing. But even to him he knew how much he stood out in this place. Hoping up to sit on the edge with his back facing the outside Xenos took his glasses off setting them gently on the rail. Grasping the wood he closed his eyes tiliting back till he was leaning out only his legs and hands holding him up.

This wasn't like anything he'd ever delt with before. Why did it have to be so hard? Why did it have to be now of all times? It'd almost been six years now but still he got so stupidly emotional around this time. What was it about the professor that made him want to spill everything? Right now he felt stupid and a mix of far too old and far too young for this. But he could only guess this was life right? That's how it was...how it would always be. Part of him wondered what had happened after he left. Part of him hoped Dante would come looking for him. Most of him was terrified that he would. Opening his eyes, the crimsion colored gaze looked up towards the moon, unable to see it but not caring. Right now he just wanted to cry.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...

It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:01 pm
User Image

Zamir had seen his friend moving to the covered bridge and decided to follow. From what he could read from him he could tell that something was very wrong. When he was ten feet away from him he spoke softly,
"Xenos, you alright?" His face had worry all over it. No strange Zamir here, only very worried friend.  

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:12 pm
User Image
Where am I? On the rail of the coverd bridge half way down.
Who am I with? ....Zamir
What's my mood? There's that shattering feeling again
Who/What's on my mind? Screw you too universe
What do I want? Scream

Xenos jumped only slightly when he heard Zamir's voice. He tilted his head to look at him even though without his glasses he couldn't. "Yeah...completely...absolutely wonderful." Xenos gave him a watery smile before chuckling lightly. "At least that's what I would like you to believe. But sadly you know me too well." He shifted lightly but he didn't come down nor did he flee. It wasn't a good night for him. There wasn't a point in running now unless he chose to go run into the forest....might not be a bad idea.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...

It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces