Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
White Tomb Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:20 am
Well I couldn't tell you why she felt that way,
She felt it everyday.
And I couldn't help her,
I just watched her make the same mistakes again.

User Image

User Image
What's wrong, what's wrong now?
Too many, too many problems.
Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs.
She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.

User Image
Remy blinked at Miles' question. Did the Hawthorns ever mind? "They won't. We have a lot of room. You could probably room with the boys. They're about your age! Heck, you probably know them... well... Romy at least. Y'know. The one that looks like me? Well... except his eyes. He's got blue ones. And his hair's lighter... Hmm... We looked more alike before Jason made me a chew toy." She gave a small grin, having long since accepted that she was a werewolf.

Remy pulled the cloak even tighter around her, shill shaking with shivers. Miles agreed that he would have freaked out as well, had the situations been reversed. "How bad... did I bite you, anyway? I was told the most minimal of information... ever." She shrugged, knowing Jason wasn't ever one to be a fount of communication. When she complemented his chivalry, the boy blushed a bit, making her smile. He suggested going inside, to which she fully agreed. "Sure. I could probably use a bath. And a visit to the kitchens. So... next full moon, meet me by the Forest two hours before moon-rise. Take care, and if you need me, I'm always around. Owl me if need be. See you, Miles."

User Image
Open your eyes and look outside, find the reasons why.
You've been rejected, and now you can't find what you left behind.
Be strong, be strong now.
Too many, too many problems.
Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs.
She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.

Her feelings she hides.
Her dreams she can't find.
She's losing her mind.
She's fallen behind.
She can't find her place.
She's losing her faith.
She's fallen from grace.
She's all over the place.
Yeah,oh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show._______________________________________
User Image

User Image
[Spring of 2036]

”Don't think I've been here once the entire time I've been in this bloody school,” he said, as if the bones of the dead could hear him. As if it even mattered. ”But here I am again.” He would laugh if it wasn't so pathetic. But Lorelei was right. Instead of joining in on the festive holidays like the rest of the world, Tristan spent his vacation trying to right his wrongs. He didn't think a simple phone call would be the hardest thing he'd ever have to do. His voice wouldn't stop shaking, he practiced the lie over and over for an hour but still found it hard to blurt out the general location of 'a body he stumbled across on an early morning run,' and then he promptly hung up the phone when they asked “And can we have your name, sir?” He checked out of the hotel and left within the hour. But now that he was in school he had no way of knowing if the body had ever been found. Or what happened to the family.

Lori was wrong, too. He was wrong. He shouldn't be in school he should be in azkaban. And more than anything, he wanted to be angry. Blame the world and the cursed werewolf who had bitten him in the first place! Or his father, the reason why he ran away! Gods! Why did this have to happen to him! He was so careful! He had always done everything he was told. And then to have it all stabbed in his back. Why?

Tristan was a whirlwind. Down in the dumps, utterly low and pitiful some days. Or up, up, up in hysterics, rage, blame, vengeance. It was massively exhausting and he managed to successfully skip nearly every one of his lessons or had slept through the rest. He was dreading upcoming NEWT's like a stomach virus stuck in his gut. But here, at least, he felt almost at peace. The light breeze rippled across the lake and the spring wild flowers were in bloom scattered around the grave. Dumbledore had always been a kind man, he'd heard. Peaceful. Compassionate. Is that what he wants from life? Is that what he's meant for? Could that ever be him? Lounged against a tree the werewolf sighed. All he could do now was try to black out the white noise screaming in his mind.

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
                                          LOCATION:: White Tomb】 【COMPANY:: crickets】 【ATTIRE:: house robes】 【STATS:: Werewolf, 5' 9"

Diamond Wales

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:22 pm
User Image
                                                I have wandered far and wide
                                                For something real, something to die for
                                                But I have found you and you do not see
                                                All that is me, all that is true

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

รเxtђ ץєคг || ɠгץŦŦเภ๔๏г || ђคlŦ๒l๏๏๔

════════════════════════

Lynn was a girl on a mission. She had been searching forever for Tristan, and yet the older boy had seemed to disappear. She snorted, annoyed. Of all the stupid, idiotic, arrogant, selfish, conceited... Ugh! She couldn't believe that she had a crush on this boy! She refused to think of him as a man, because seriously! Tristan thought he had problems being a werewolf? She had a bloody cousin that was a vampire! Not only that, said cousin had killed two guys, and yet she didn't see him moping around being all, 'Oh woe is me.' On the contrary, she thought Chris actually had a good head on his shoulders, and wasn't letting the fact he was undead hold him back. Granted, she should have been more nervous about the fact that vampires and werewolves were real, but that took a backseat to the fact that she was a damn witch and had been for years, and therefore the novelty of everything she had heard in stories and legends were true. Besides, if Tristan was really that much of a monster, she wanted proof. If he couldn't provide it, she was going to slap him for being an idiot.

Spotting Tristan at the tomb of one of the headmasters (and really, she didn't see any other resting places for anyone in the school), she set her shoulders and made her way over, ready to get the idiot to listen to reason. Or be slapped. She wasn't picky.
                                                "Tristan Hastings! You have some explaining to do! What the hell is this about you being a werewolf? Don't you dare try to run and make me track your arse down again." She stopped right in front of the teen and crossed her arms, annoyed. She'd bet anything that that was exactly what he was going to do. Well, it wasn't going to work. Not on her. She refused to let it work, and if he thought it would, well, there was yet another reason to slap sense into him.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Tristan had better have a good explanation, otherwise he's going to have the imprint of my hand on his face for a week!
                                                OOC:

Winter

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

More than you'll love, more than you'll hate,
                                                More than you'll hold, more than wanted
                                                More than you'll crave, more than you'll cherish,
                                                More than you'll have, more than wanted

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show._______________________________________
User Image

User Image
[Spring of 2036]

He sat, resigned. This was his life; a cursed life. And that was that. What else could he do? His entire childhood had been spent moping; and then, once he finally felt some semblance of control, of being proud and willing to explore this side of nature he'd locked away for so long. And then he kills someone. Of course, right? Typical. He breathed a hollow sigh, heard the crunch of grass and leaves but didn't think much of it. Just a passing student. A wanderer. But no. ”Tristan Hastings!” Cue the heavy gulp. Wide eyed, his head spun around like an owl to watch the lithe blonde figure saunter closer and closer, then he jumped to his feet. ”You have some explaining to do!” She said. But he was too busy looking for an escape route. He could run around her? Turn tail and jump in the lake? Bolt off to the right—but no there's shrubbery there, he'll only trip and fall. ********, ********, she's getting closer and louder and he's so busy panicking that he wasn't even focused on what she was saying anymore, only that it was loud. He darted a step to the right, but she crossed into his path to block his move. So he hopped to his left foot only to be cut off by the crossed arms of a very persistent blonde. They danced back and forth a few steps until he conceded. ”Michelyn,” he said, ”I....” he didn't know what to say.

And he didn't know how he felt, either. Was it fear? Guilt? Or anger? All he knew was that his chest was tight and heavy like a weight had been thrust on him. He didn't realize he'd been holding his breath all this time until he finally snapped—maybe in part to being high on the ability to breathe again. ”So what!? What does it matter if I'm a bloody werewolf? If you're here to tell me I'm a lousy lying sack of shite, then fine! I don't care anymore!” Oh gods. He sucked in a sharp breath, lightheaded and seeing white spots. He really doesn't care anymore, does he? It felt so damn... free. And scary. However hot and angry the fire had been, it was nothing but smoke now. ”What do you want from me, Lynn?” He crossed his arms over his chest, hiding the vulnerability behind muscles. But he was just so tired of running, of hiding. And Tristan should have known Lynn would find him, sooner or later. He should've seen this coming; but he didn't.

LOCATION:: White Tomb】 【COMPANY:: Lynn】 【ATTIRE:: house robes】 【STATS:: Werewolf, 5' 9"

Diamond Wales

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:56 pm
Her dirty paws and furry coat
She ran down the forest slope
The forest of talking trees
They used to sing about the birds and the bees
The bees had declared a war

User Image
LAUREL
NICOLE
HILL

RAVENCLAW │ HALFBREED │ FIRST YEAR

Laurel knew most sensible people would have hesitated at the thought of still spending hours outside on a bitterly cold winter's day, but while she considered herself very sensible, she wasn't most people. Winter was hardly her favorite season; she much preferred the vivid colors and crisp air of autumn, but she didn't despite the snow and ice, either. And while having a werewolf for a father and a wood nymph for a mother didn't really grant her any advantages against the cold, she felt warm enough in her thick jacket, hat, and gloves. She sat on the edge of the tomb, figuring that the dead man had been dead long enough that he probably didn't care much where she sat, and steadily flipped through the crinkled pages of her battered paperback book. As a general rule, Laurel enjoyed murder mysteries and historical fiction. Best when combined together. If it involved a gruff private eye and featured a good deal of violence, it was safe to say she was sold. Besides, winter was the best season for reading this sort of thing. The barren trees, grey sky, and harsh wind really gave it a sense of ambiance.

OOC:
addaellis

The sky wasn't big enough for them all
The birds, they got help from below
From dirty paws and the creatures of snow
So for a while things were cold
They were scared down in their holes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:55 am
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

second year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Astronomy Club trivia gatherer || Art Club seamstress || Adventurer's Guild monk || Cooking Club pâtissière
Dueling Club minion || Fencing club page || Quidditch reserve beater

While usually Aidene spent any time not in class in clubs or the kitchen, this afternoon she was feeling up for a change. The Ravenclaw dorm wasn’t accepting any of her perfectly reasonable video-game reference answers to the riddle, so Aidene decided to wander around outside. Maybe she’d practice forms. Maybe she’d work on some embroidery for the new dolls being added to her collection. Maybe she would...do homework before the last minute? Definitely not that.

She was following the lakeshore, embroidering a mermaid-scale pattern onto her new Rhea-doll, when she spotted a slab of white stone. At first she thought it was just an art project, with a cute statue perched atop it. But closer up, she recognized a tomb, with a living girl sitting on the other side. Running her fingers along the engraving of the name, Aidene murmured a quiet ”Hullo Headmaster Dumbledore. Hope you’re uh..good?”. She actually recognized the name, but wasn’t quite sure what she should say to the dead wizard. She greeted the living person with another ”Hullo”, not really wanting to bother her if she was engrossed in her book.

”Oh. Sorry for bothering you,” she said, more clearly since she was spotted anyways. Now that she could see her face, Aidene thought the girl looked vaguely familiar. She wasn’t in her year, certainly, but maybe they had run into each other before.

”Do you mind if I hang out?” Usually she and her dad would visit her grandparents’ gravesites every month or so, and it had been a few months. This wasn’t the same, but the tomb had the same sense of serenity. She held up the doll, indicating that she was perfectly fine working quietly if the girl didn’t want to be disturbed.

User Image User Image User Image

I'm a picture perfect face
With that wild in my veins
You can hear it in my
Growl, growl, growl, growl

~"Pop/Stars" by K/DA (ft. Madison Beer, (G)I-DLE, Jaira Burns) from League of Legends

addaellis

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:19 pm

User Image
LAUREL
NICOLE
HILL

Laurel heard the crunch of snow underfoot before she actually saw the person approaching. While she was a bit irked to be disturbed here- she'd thought she was sufficiently far away enough from the castle to not run into anyone- it wasn't as if she owned the tomb, and she also was at a bit of a dry section to the mystery, detailing something about trains. Otherwise she would have been more irritated. Laurel recognized the girl who'd approached as someone in her house, although she wasn't sure on the name at all. She was pretty sure she was in the year above her, although the first years and second years looked indistinguishable for the most part. "Hullo," she said evenly, finally looking up all the way from her book. "We're in Ravenclaw together. I'm Laurel. What's that?" she jerked her head at the doll of some sort the other girl was holding. Laurel had never been a big doll person herself, and was a little surprised to see someone carrying one around at school. She knew most kids would probably consider eleven or twelve too old to be messing around with toys. That said, she didn't have anything against them, either. She'd had a few favorite stuffed animals as a little kid, one of whom she sometimes let sleep in her bed. Tiberius was a very good wolf.

OOC:
addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:51 pm
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

Astronomy Club trivia gatherer || Art Club seamstress || Adventurer's Guild monk || Cooking Club pâtissière

"That's how we've met then, Aidene Azura Kieran, Ravenclaw house second year, cooking main. Nice to meet you Laurel," Aidene rattled off her introduction. She had been changing up her introductions, still not sure how to properly figure the Game of Life into understandable terms. It was last on her quest list though. There was more than enough for her there.

"My art project this year is making dolls of my friends," Aidene replied, her voice still only just a little louder than "library" volume, and reached in her bag for completed dolls. She offered two cloth dolls, both just slightly longer than hand-length but of vastly different age and craftsmanship, to Laurel for inspection. "That's Zura and Rook, for me and Brook. My dad had gotten Zura for me when I was...six? A really long time ago anyways. And then I just made Rook myself. Much better than my first attempt a few years back, but still not there." she said with a shrug, not seeming the slightest embarrassed.

Aidene picked a spot on the pedestal and settled on it. "What're you reading?"

You can hear it in my

~"Pop/Stars" by K/DA (ft. Madison Beer, (G)I-DLE, Jaira Burns) from League of Legends

addaellis

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:51 pm

User Image
LAUREL
NICOLE
HILL

Laurel's brow furrowed at the girl's odd introduction. Not that 'Aidene' was that strange of a name, but the Azura part sounded like a fairy princess of some sort, and she didn't know why she'd felt the need to let Laurel know she was a Ravenclaw when Laurel clearly already knew that. "What's a cooking main?" she blurted out. "Do you spend a lot of time in the kitchens or something?" Laurel had been there already once or twice herself. She generally enjoyed the company of the house elves, even if they could be irritating at times. She didn't regard them as drastically different from people- after all, her mother was a nymph, and nymphs and elves did share some similarities, even if her mum wasn't quite as small. "I'm a first year," she added, "in case you didn't know."

Laurel leaned forward curiously as Aidene displayed her doll, her blue eyes widening slightly in surprise. "Who's Brooke? Zura's after your middle name, right? Wicked," she said, poking at them curiously with a gloved finger. "My mum sewed me a stuffed wolf when I was little. His name's Tiberius," she said matter of factly, before glancing down at her book when Aidene referenced it. "Bartimaeus Trevelyan, sorcerer detective. It's about a magical private eye who solves really nasty murders all over the world," she said, tone brightening slightly from her usual dry affect. "He's an animagus who can turn into a mongoose, which is how he spies on people and collects clues. And his assistant is his niece, Sylvia Crowley. She's a metamorphagus who can impersonate anyone."

She held the book up, displaying a rather dated looking cover illustration featuring a brooding hero, scantily clad femme fatales, several demonic faces, and lightning streaking across the sky. "It's my favorite series."

OOC:
addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:53 pm
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

"It's just my way of saying I'm aiming to be a cook of some sort" Aidene tried explain. She...wasn't honestly sure if she should be considered a cooking main because technically her Main Quest/ Life Story Mission was currently "Join Professor Cohen's definitely-real faction of badassery". But "DADA main" didn't make sense and "highest stat DADA" just sounded obnoxious. "Technically I've got like this cook- seamstress- fighter tri-build going? Sorry that probably didn't make sense. But yeah, I spend a lot of time in the kitchens. I'm usually there if not in classes or clubs." She nodded. She would usually be bundled in the kitchens, working on a project or trying out a recipe, but she'd messed up a recipe yesterday and was taking a few days to rethink things--she felt quite good about it, actually, thinking it was mighty mature of her for not just getting frustrated and spending her time lecturing the pan as she usually might.

"Brook Re--Brook Knapp!" Aidene was happy to ramble about Brook, and almost rambled her entire name before realizing she better not. "Ravenclaw second year and cooking main like me! Uh. Hm Cute blond bob this year, a little taller than me? She's one of my closest friends! You might've seen us partying--uh hanging out--together" She nodded to confirm Zura was after her middle name and was about to ramble about her gamertag before thinking better of it. Laurel obviously wasn't big into video game language and this wouldn't be the first time that year she'd been called out on "speaking Kieran". Thankfully, the other girl was discussing a stuffed wolf. "Tiberius sounds adorable. Do you have him here? Or is he guarding home?"

Aidene listened curiously when Laurel introduced the adventures of Bartimaeus Trevelyan, sorcerer detective. Aidene, of course, thought immediately of a Dungeons and Dragons-styled sorcerer, until it was clarified he was an Animagus. She quickly scrapped her sorcerer+druid? line of thought; it took her a little longer though, to remember that a mongoose was, in fact, not a kind of goose.

"Huh, haven't read it, but that sounds interesting," she started. "Does he solve any muggle murders? Any dark lords involved?" She squinted at the book cover, recognizing at least the logo text. Maybe her dad or aunt had it on their shelves. "There's a cover with the meta girl partially shifting faces, to disguise herself as Bartle--the main guy, right? It...looks familiar."

You can hear it in my

addaellis

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:26 pm

User Image
LAUREL
NICOLE
HILL

Laurel was a little surprised; she hadn't thought most wizards would have been interested in the prospect of cooking, given how heavily many relied on magic and whatnot to prepare meals. That said, at least it seemed like a more interesting career than some stupid Ministry desk job. "You're a fighter? What, are you in Dueling Club or something? I'd join next year, but I want to try out for Quidditch," she shrugged. "I like the kitchens. Sometimes I'd rather eat there than at the table with everyone else. It gets so loud." Having grown up with a fairly quiet and secluded childhood, she was still disturbed by exactly how noisy it could get, whether it be in crowded classrooms or the packed Great Hall.

She didn't know who Brooke was, but she'd probably seen her around before. Then again, there were a lot of blonde girls running around Hogwarts. "Tiberius is on my bed. I don't take him around with me," she wrinkled her nose, "he'd probably get lost or stolen or something." Laurel wasn't the most trusting of her classmates, particularly when it came to her possessions.

"Sometimes he solves muggle murders, but usually only when they're being killed by evil witches or warlocks," she explained. "And sometimes kidnapping and heists, too. His arch-nemesis is a French sorceress named Mélisande Bathorie who leads an evil cult who worships her as the reincarnation of Morgan le Fay," Laurel rattled all this off with ease, before pausing for breath. "I've only read six of them, though, and there's twenty three books so far. What about you? Do you read books? I don't really know many muggle ones, 'cause I grew up in Hogsmeade," she jerked her head in the vague direction of the village.

OOC:
addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:24 am
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

"Dueling and Fencing," Aidene clarified with a nod. "You can spectate Dueling Club as a first year, you know. Just need to tell the captain first. But Quidditch! You should definitely try out. What position would you want to play? I'm beater cla--I'm a beater. Well reserve beater. But I'll have enough exp to actually play soon hopefully." she couldn't help but ramble on Quidditch a little bit.

She nodded in agreement about eating in the kitchens. The crowds of the Great Hall were great but even Aidene liked the more productive kitchen space sometimes. "The tables are like ' +relationship with multiple subjects, +energy' while the kitchens are more as '+cooking exp, -energy' or '++energy' I guess. I guess if you don't like the noise that really would get annoying because you don't even get the +energy." she paused, realizing a little late that she had already messed up her attempt to speak "normal English" for a while. "That...didn't make sense either, did it?" She brushed it aside. "Anyways, I could always use more taste-testers if you ever run into me in the kitchens?"

"A good guard then. Although if he ever wanted to play with mine we could hang sometime." Aidene added, more to be polite than expecting an actual response.

She listened intently as Laurel explained more about Barty Trevelyan, trying to imagine his adventures and his clashes with the reincarnation of Morgan le Fay. She had to give pause when Laurel asked if she read though. Surely the answer was yes, right? But the last thing she remembered reading for fun was Potion and Pastries, this recipe book explaining different techniques for adding simple potions to pastries without downright ruining the pastry taste or overdosing. That...wasn't exactly the same thing as novels, was it. "I...guess I don't anymore. Huh. I look through guidebooks and recipe books more now? I read a bunch of forum posts online--on the Internet-- over summer. But I guess I haven't really read novels since before Hogwarts." It bothered Aidene for a minute before she shrugged. She'd gotten along fine thus far, right? "Maybe I should pick up something. Any recommendations? This one?"

You can hear it in my

addaellis

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:07 pm

User Image
LAUREL
NICOLE
HILL

Laurel scoffed, "Why would I wanna just spectate? I could sneak in and watch if I really wanted to," she pointed out dryly, although she grinned when Aidene asked what position she wanted for quidditch. "Beater, of course. Best position on the team, right? Seeking would just get annoying, trying to find the tiny thing, keeping is boring sitting there all game, and the chasers are always crashing into each other and getting hit. I wanna do the hitting," she said a little too proudly. "Besides, I'm pretty strong." She didn't look it, but she was confident in her muscle mass after over a decade of an extremely active childhood spend climbing, running, and wrestling around with her sisters.

Aidene completely lost her with her rambling description of the benefits of eating in the kitchens. Laurel was used to hearing things like movies and TV shows referenced in her presence and not grasping the context, but that didn't make it any less irritating. She hardly went around nattering on about all the plant and nature facts she knew that the average tween didn't. "No," she replied flatly, "and it never will. I don't have telly, I don't have internet, or a phone. So if you wanna talk about techy stuff, you should find someone else. I've only seen," she counted on her fingers, "seven films, ever. And maybe some random TV episodes at a friend's house. But I will eat your food," she added definitively, "I haven't got any allergies and the only thing I hate is chocolate."

The revelation that Aidene didn't really, well, read, puzzled Laurel. She wouldn't describe herself as 'bookish' but she was used to being expected to make her own entertainment, and that usually meant going for walks, exploring, drawing, tinkering with things, or reading of some kind. "That's weird. You'd better get back into it, huh? We'll have to loads of reading here, if you want to pass any of your classes," then she laughed suddenly, "but I keep 'forgetting' my homework. I'm waiting for my da to find out. Then I'll start doing some. I like reading other things, though. Mostly mysteries or books with lots of action. You should try the Demelza Howe series. She's a witch who specializes in potions and enchanted food who solves all sorts of mysteries with her cat. He's actually her ex-lover who was cursed into that form for thirteen years, but it's funny. Kind of cutesy and some of the plots are really predictable but they put recipes in the end of the books."

OOC:
addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:18 am
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

Aidene held her hand out for a high-five when Laurel agreed that Beater was obviously the best position. ”Best position definitely! We get to do the hitting, do the saving, being a beater’s where all the action’s at. Plus beaters totally control the game--can’t catch a snitch if you’re distracted by a bludger after all,”

She didn’t comment on Laurel’s comment that she was pretty strong besides a curious grin. Laurel certainly didn’t look strong, but then again neither did Aidene and she knew quite well to never disrespect your opponent by underestimating them. If anything, Laurel’s confidence intrigued Aidene--she partially wondered if Laurel would be down for sparring or arm wrestling. Maybe a sparring thing? Maybe she’d be down to start that martial arts club with? she wondered as she let her imagination run away with the idea.

In any case, the prospect of a future sparring partner was much better than dwelling on her mistake speaking game things again. ”Sorry,” she mentioned when Laurel emphasized that she ought to find someone else if she wanted to talk techy. But the comment about accepting food brought the confidence and relaxed grin right back to Aidene’s face. ”No chocolate?” she made a face of shock--who didn’t like chocolate?--but she was immediately thinking she’d done with her cake-ball experiments-- had to do something good and sweet to make up the relationship for talking techy. ”Red velvet? Vanilla? I haven’t tried fruit cakes but that might work….” She pulled a pen out and jotted a note on her arm to look into fruity cake balls not dipped in chocolate.

”Ugh,” she groaned at the mention of homework. After her first O on a transfiguration paper earlier in the year, Aidene was hoping she was done with her Class-Quest problems, but alas her most recent History paper had...well the most recent one she might have not done. But the last paper she’d turned in hadn’t been good either, due to apparently “making things up”. ”They won’t send letters home as long as we’re passing the class, right? My dad would be super disappointed if found out I haven’t been doing homework for some classes. I do extra for DADA though? And sometimes Charms and Herbology?” Another groan. There was too much homework already and not enough time for clubs. Why couldn’t the homework just be “pick half”? She really shouldn’t complain-- especially not in front of a former headmaster-- but she had other quests to do! Like read novels!

When Laurel mentioned it, Aidene jotted “Demelza Howe series” onto her arm, wondering indeed when she had stopped reading. She didn’t recognize the name, but she’d never been one for mysteries. ”Potions and recipes? I did read a guidebook on that. Maybe I’ll try some of these recipes.” She tapped the line about fruit cake. ”I’ll let you know if I do and we can test them together!”

If you’d like to do an arm-wrestling thing or something, feel free to issue the challenge or let me know to? Also, if Laurel would like to poke further about Herbology assignments, Aidene will totally give her impressions of Professor Hill, oblivious for a while longer who exactly she is speaking to.

The Forgotten Weasley

You can hear it in my

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:59 pm

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

second year || Slytherin || halfblood
Art Club resource || Daily Dragon writer || Quidditch reserve || LARP art historian

Echo ran. She wasn’t quite sure where she was going until she was out of sight of the Quad, then slowed to a walk. She found herself on the usual walking path she took most evenings. She a small detour, finally stopping by the White Tomb of Albus Dumbledore.

She fumbled for her wand and tried to line the remnants of her braid up. ”Reparo. Reparo. OH Merlin, Damn it all. ”

With a sob, Echo collapsed to the ground, putting a coffin of marble between her and the castle. She tried to stem the flow of tears and even out her breathing before giving up and just crying. I hate him, I hate him, I hate him. she thought furiously, wiping her tears away with the backs of her hands. This is Dominik’s fault, I hate her, I hate her, terrible, terrible, terrible.

Echo steadied her breath and searched through her bag. She had some of her potions equipment since they had just had class, but no ingredients. Textbooks. She hunted through them for a hint–something that could mend her hair. Her thermos was empty– that could be a makeshift cauldron maybe. Echo couldn’t go back–or much less to class– looking like this.

setting Quad, early April 2055 || with Alone for now
appearance 4’9”, slim || wearing uniform -- and sliced messy hair
status What am I going to do?!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
You sit upon your throne of filth
Condemning what you haven't built
So hate me cause you're standing still
Watching while I shoot to kill
I live this
I breathe this
You crave it
✩★