Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
White Tomb Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:27 pm

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

sixth year || Slytherin || halfblood
Art Club resource || Daily Dragon managing editor || Quidditch seeker || Order of the Stick warrior

Saturday in early October, Echo was leaning against the tomb of the dearly departed Headmaster Dumbledore–ever since Chadwick Knapp had sliced her hair off in second year, the White Tomb had been Echo’s place to hide out for a couple hours when she needed a break. This year, it was quickly becoming her place to go just…be.

Late afternoon on Saturday was usually Art club. Which meant Milan and Yari would be safely at Art club, working on their creative projects and drowning their grief in their work. They didn’t need her. Echo had been about to drop art after her scandalous E in the class, and it had only been because Milan hadn’t wanted to take Art alone that had convinced her to stick it out for another two years. (Not that she didn’t enjoy and excel at the Art History aspects of the class and things…she just…had wanted all Os more. Well, screw that.)

Spread out around her were a variety of study materials. Her sketchbook was laying open to a doodle she’d done of Hermione Granger–recognizable only by the bushy hair and the note at the bottom labelling it “Hermine Granger, Outfit 03 for Werewolf Protection Act Debates”. The rich voice of Morgan Freeman was reading a chapter from Modern Magical Law: Concepts, Cases, and Controversies while Echo herself looked through Wizard Law: Opinion and Interpretation, marking it up with details from the case in the other chapter.

setting White Tomb, Late afternoon on an Early October Saturday || with Alone for now
appearance 5'9”, slim || wearing warm green velvet dress
status Studying....casually?

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I don't want to be the one
The battles always choose
'Cause inside I realize
That I'm the one confused
I don't know what's worth fighting for
Or why I have to scream
✩★
~"Breaking the Habit" by Linkin Park. Cover by Jonathan Young.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:22 pm
User Image

So shake the m a g i c 8 until it b r e a k s
                                                And c l o s e your eyes and take a leap of f a i t h

╔════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Syd Barrett
                                                Fifteen Years Old - Fifth Year - Ravenclaw - Halfblood
                                                Member of the Art club - Artist for the Daily Dragon - Reserve Keeper

╚════════════════════════════════╝

On his way to the Art club, Syd had spotted one of the Wellbelove quadruplets in the distance. Upon further examination, he realized that it had been Echo. With her head down, she took a turn – and it was not the right way towards the club. Intrigued, Syd sped up to follow her before he’d lose her within the castle walls. As she trekked outside, he stayed behind, watching as she appeared to shrink the further away she walked. Once they were far enough apart that he was sure she wouldn’t catch him following her, he continued in his pursuit, only stopping in his tracks when she arrived at the White Tomb and began spreading out various books and parchments although he couldn’t tell what they were.

Syd watched her for a few minutes, debating whether to head back to the Art club or confronting Echo about what she was doing and why she was skipping the club today. Deciding on the latter, the fifteen year old strode towards the lake’s shore. As he approached, he heard a voice which seemed to be emanating from one of the books. “Workin’ hard or hardly workin’?” he asked, eyes hovering over all of the neuroticism that is Echo and her studying. The boy was puzzled – how did she manage to study two different things at once? Was she actually able to be productive? He could never spread his attention across multiple subjects like that.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Don't be a f r a i d of going your own way
                                                S h a k e the magic 8 until it b r e a k s

addaellis

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:16 am

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

Art Club resource || Daily Dragon managing editor || Quidditch seeker || Order of the Stick warrior

“Workin’ hard or hardly workin’?”

Echo snapped her books shut and head up on instinct when a voice announced themselves. An excuse sprung to her lips: ”It’s for the Dragon–”

That was useless, Syd was an artist for the Daily Dragon and he certainly knew from yesterday’s meeting that there was no wizarding law article or piece planned this or next issue– at least not related to the Werewolf Protection Acts.

For a moment, Echo narrowed her eyes at Syd, as though trying to extract his brains out and analyse it for trustworthiness. Echo Angharad Wellbelove did not “work hard” like a plebian. She was gorgeous and fashionable and spent her time doing fashionable, exciting work: modelling her quadruplets’ works, reading the latest rags, playing seeker for Slytherin Quidditch, and organising the Daily Dragon. Her work was simply always done just like she simply knew things. Echo certainly didn’t need to study like an average, desperate student for her grades or knowledge or anything like that.

What a stupid front. Especially in front of someone who knew she was the one copy-editing every article of the Dragon. ”Whatever,” Echo replied, not quite answering the question. ”Did Yari or Milan send for me? Has something happened?” She amended her worried words in case it wasn’t quite so serious. ”Some Art Club thing I can help with? Or did you just follow me here to amuse yourself?”

setting White Tomb, Late afternoon on an Early October Saturday || with Syd Barrett -- Daily Dragon Artist and Art club member. Fifth year Ravenclaw, son of Alexandria Barrett at the piercing and skate shop.
status Studying....casually?

'Cause inside I realize
Or why I have to scream
✩★

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:38 pm
User Image

So shake the m a g i c 8 until it b r e a k s
                                                And c l o s e your eyes and take a leap of f a i t h

╔════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Syd Barrett
                                                Fifteen Years Old - Fifth Year - Ravenclaw - Halfblood
                                                Member of the Art club - Artist for the Daily Dragon - Reserve Keeper

╚════════════════════════════════╝

Syd blinked and straightened up when Echo snapped her books shut, which also paused the audio. She seems really wound up, he noted as she began to respond but stopped midsentence. “Oh, yeah?” he asked, a playful smirk stretching on his face. “Funny – it looked to me like you were studying,” he commented, watching for her reaction. Syd never wanted to get on the Wellbeloves bad side. He had heard of horror stories of getting on their bad side and how the quadruplets would gang up on their common enemy, but he did have to admit that seeing this particular quadruplet with her knickers in a twist or bossing others around sure made him feel rather hot and bothered. She could boss him around all she liked.

Syd snorted when she brushed off his comment with a “whatever.” He shook his head as she threw question after question out until her last one. “I guess you could say that. I wanted to check up on you and see why you were skipping Art club today,” he admitted before taking a seat on the grass beside her. “You doing okay?” he asked, the tone in his voice shifting from playful to concern. Syd reached out to put a hand on the older girl’s shoulder but quickly stopped himself and instead, reached his arm up and back over his head to scratch the back of his neck. He and Echo were not close. They weren’t even friends. In fact, he was a little scared of what she might do if he touched her (although he might enjoy it?).

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Don't be a f r a i d of going your own way
                                                S h a k e the magic 8 until it b r e a k s

addaellis

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:41 am

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

Echo sighed, leaning back against the tomb as she confessed her dirty little secret: “Yes, yes, I study. It’s for Wizard Law. Our textbook from fourth year had an excellent legislative case analysis and I was cross-referencing the material for our analysis this year. Ridiculous covering it again, really.” Ridiculous, she said, but Echo seemed brighter for a moment there– she knew what she was doing in class at least. Class made more sense than figuring out her emotions or frustrations or figuring out Yari and Milan. That light soon blinked out as she questioned why he was there.

Was Syd..concerned about her? Echo sniffed a little, expressing apparent disgust at his concern. He sat down, arm reaching out as though to touch her shoulder. Echo froze. No one touched her. Who would dare? The Wellbeloves were quite honestly, untouchable if not invited. Beyond her quadruplets, the only person Echo would have tolerated such overtures of affection with….was Landon.

She still had to run into Landon sometimes and see his handsome face in the common room. Her traitorous heart still–almost two years after his rejection– still skipped when she saw him. Some part of her–a large part– missed their walks in the garden and how fluttery she felt near him. But she was a Wellbelove and it was beneath her to continue to associate with someone who clearly only ever intended to use her.

Yari had a whole gaggle of models or mentees or assistants that she reached out to, but she was ever the exception. Harlynn was beyond reproach, and Angier only dared call Harlynn a b***h because he was an ill-mannered mongrel protected by his friendship with Milan. Milan himself only had one friend outside of their family in the form of Angier–so of course when later Yari chose to attach herself at the lips to him. Perhaps if Milan and Angier hadn’t been friends, this wouldn’t have hurt them so much. People were terrible. Whatever they did, they just hurt you.

Syd’s voice brought her out of her increasingly frustrated reminiscing. Oh. He had just been stretching and scratching the back of his neck. She sniffed again, shifting so Syd could lean against the flat part of the tomb side as well, instead of the awkward corner. ”Of course I’m fine, darling. What kind of question is that? I’m always fine.”

Echo flipped her hair back as she asked, as though the differences this year— studying outside of her dormitory, letting her distinctive haircut grow out, skipping class and most currently, club, without a blink of an eye were trivialities. Perhaps for anyone else they would, but for Echo they were so peculiarly out of character she herself would have laughed at the suggestion a year ago. ”I simply figured if anyone in the Art club needed my expertise, Yari or Milan would know where to find me. They’re busy enough with their projects that I’ve nothing to worry about. And the less time I have to spend with Olson the better.”

Echo wasn’t sure why she was wasting her breath explaining this to Syd. Maybe she’d blame her talkativeness on him intruding in her private hideout here at the White Tomb. Maybe she simply didn’t consider him a threat even if he had all these explanations. Maybe, despite her distrust of people outside of her quadruplets, Echo was desperate for a connection she wasn’t related to or shared a dormitory with.

Absolutely not. She had no need for anything she did not have. Her voice regained its supercilious facade, words laced with barely concealed venom. ”If you have your answer, you can run along now. Unless you do have some question to consult on?”

setting White Tomb, Late afternoon on an Early October Saturday || with Syd Barrett
status I am absolutely fine.

'Cause inside I realize
Or why I have to scream
✩★

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff