Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply MoM Level 2 - Department of Magical Law Enforcement
Hit Wizards Headquarters Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:17 pm
Hit Wizards Headquarters

A Hit Wizard is a highly trained wizard tasked with arresting dangerous criminals.

It is unknown how Hit Wizards are different than Aurors, as both their duties include hunting down dangerous criminals.

One possible difference may be similar to the difference between the Muggle Police and the Muggle Military. Alternatively, the difference could be similar to the roles of elite paramilitary units (e.g. SWAT) compared with a national criminal investigative bodies (e.g. FBI). In this guild however the Hit Wizards are the Muggle equivalent of the SWAT team.

Head Hit Wizard
Darius Ross

Current Hit Wizards
Jasmine Pierce

Ministry of Magic's Most Wanted
Megan Steele
Regret Owens
Wyatt Hopewell
Marissa Gaunt
Jeremiah Yaxley
Kiaran Ash
Garret Drage

*If you would like to have a character included on the Most Wanted list PM Diamond Wales. (NPC's are allowed so long as they are mentioned in a current family thread. Exceptions have been made only for older, inactive characters.)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:18 pm
Training and Requirements

Click here for a list of requirements.

If you are interested in this job, please fill out the application found in the 'Job Applications' subforum.

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:31 pm
User Image
User Image

All was silent in the office. Outside the glass windows that separated his office from the main, people buzzed about this way and that. Some where passing off papers, others were catching memos. Inside though all was silent. A tall blond haired man leaned back in his chair the dark blue of his button up shirt pulling lightly against his chest. Carefully, ever so carefully he reached up and placed a feather on top of his wand, which was currently balanced on his nose. Chance smiled lightly when he succeeded till the smile made the large chain of objects fall around him. "Bugger." He muttered lightly catching his wand before it hit the floor.

The head of the Hit Wizards took stretching a bit as he did. He was working on yet another case and had been trying to relax his mind. Not to much success sadly. It irritated him that he was here when his son was coming home today. Regardless the Ministry didn't care and he knew there were others here who couldn't see their children till later. It was only fair that he would be here too. The Cross' were off, lucky dogs. 'Probably a good thing. From what Xenos' letter said, Zamir wasn't doing very well.' He thought to himself as he picked up his cup.

Hopefully the boy would get better. Chance had always like the quiet boy and had been thrilled to learn that the son of two of his best was now friends with his own boy. Zamir had always been a quiet it seemed as though that silence had turned to depression. With any luck being home might help. He'd have to remind Xenos not to spend every waking moment with his love and remember his friends. Then again Xenos was always sensitive to the emotions of his friends so he probably wouldn't have to worry. Now if only he knew a time speeding spell......

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:53 pm
Please remember, this isn't how I hoped it would be
But I had to protect you from me

That's why I slipped out the back before you knew I was there

William Dante Nott the Second

User Image

Another night buried under paper work, William breathed a heavy sigh as stepped within the bustling building with busy bodies already bobbing around. The shuffle of papers and murmur of voices did little to soothe the headache coursing against his temple, but at least the coffee clutched in his overtly massive hands was endearing enough to let him believe he would survive another day.

Off to the side, William spared a moment to glance at the board with the pictures of dark wizards that had been running amuck on city streets as of late. Ever since the death eaters had stepped down all those years ago, an emptiness was being torn apart by the darkest and dirtiest of wizards around. All were trying to fight for the power left behind, but at least they were all at each other, instead of against the world.

The familiar blonde hair of commanding respect sat vigil behind the glass walls of his office, and William had to admit that he didn't desire the position one bit. A warm nod of greeting had been sent towards Chance da Vinci, the man with all of the pressure and stress. William was quite content with what he had as he sat at as his own metal desk secluded in a cubicle with sprawls of parchment laying about. Still, if only they had a lead, then maybe he could be out in the field right now instead of here in the office.

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Located: Hit Wizard Headquarters
Injuries:
╚══════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:04 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Arthur adcliffe
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

☆═━┈━┈━┈━┈━═☆
Head Auror Ministry Of Magic
Order Of Merlinˌ Third Class
☆═━┈━┈━┈━┈━═☆

Despite it all, I do this job for my children Tamara and William

Arthur Radcliffe, Head Auror and Order of Merlin, Third Class, apparated into the Office of HitWizards, flashing his badge and briskly walked through the building. He was dressed in street clothes and had a relaxed stride as he walked. Coming to a stop outside a door, he knocked lightly on the door. Glancing at the name plate, he smirked. Chance da Vinci. He sighed lightly and waited for his co-worker to answer the door. He saw another man with dark hair walk by and gave him a polite nod, noting the man's gesture and demeanor. It was one he recognized; one of a want for something to do. Arthur glanced at the portraits of wanted dark wizards and smiled when he caught Aldanis Varren's portrait and saw it X'ed out.

▂▃▅{Out Of Character}▅▃▂

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:43 pm
User Image
User Image

Chance had been standing in front of his cork board when there was a knock on his door. The cork was covered with every lead on their latest case accept for one odd tiny picture in the corner. It was of Marcos Raven, the man who had taken his Xerxes from him for seven years. He left it there as a reminder that sometimes things were never as they appeared. He thought Xerxes was dead the truth was not so. Never again would he make that mistake. Rubbing the bridge of his nose lightly he turned. "Come on in." He called waving the door open wandlessly. A smile twitched to his face when he recalled a younger Xenos getting so flustered when he couldn't perform magic wandlessly. Now they had contests as to who could do things better.

Glancing out the glass he saw the familiar visage of Arthur Radcliffe. Chance found the Head Auror to be an interesting man. His daughter, Tamara, seemed to like to find trouble as much as his son did. Talent he guessed, or influenced from their fathers. "I've been thinking of things that begin with the letter 'M'. Murders, madness, maniacs. The whole mess keeps me up at night." He said a smile on his face as he turned to face the man. Chance saw he wasn't in his normal uniform and he wondered if he was off today. Lucky.

"How are you Arthur? Did Tammy and Will get home safe?" He asked smiling a little. It wasn't every day that Arthur paid him a visit so he couldn't help but be curious as to what was going on. Had a case crossed with theirs? Or had the lucky b*****d got to someone before they did. That would bring the tally up to even. He liked to keep track as to how often their cases crossed. Not really in contest still it was nice to know and reminded him to do is job better.

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:56 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Arthur adcliffe
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

☆═━┈━┈━┈━┈━═☆
☆═━┈━┈━┈━┈━═☆

Arthur smiled when the door opened and he stepped through, spotting his friend and co-worker at his cork board. The Head Auror's mind quickly flashed to his board where a similar scene was played out daily."Massages and margaritas also begin with 'm'," he reflected with a smile on his face. Arthur rubbed his temples gently and smirked, nodding at the board. "Hard at work or hardly working?" Chance asked about his children. "Yeah, they got back safe and sound. Will's out with my brother galavanting the world studying mystical creatures. Tammy is..." He trailed off. Her usual self? Annoying the crap out of me, making me worry and making me proud at the same time... He chuckled at the thought. "Well, you know how she is. How about yours?" he asked idly.

▂▃▅{Out Of Character}▅▃▂

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:11 pm
User Image
User Image

A chuckle left the blond at Arthur's response to his first comment. Both of those sounded nice right now despite his love for whiskey instead of margaritas. "It's been a bit of both actually. Xenos should be home by now, as well as the Prince's since they are staying with us for now. Hopefully Xerxes didn't break anything in his joy." Chance said smiling when he said Xerxes' name. It still had an effect on him to be able to say that name in present tense again. Something told him he wouldn't easily get over it but that was a thought for another day. Right now he needed to focus his mind.

"I am glad to hear they are doing well. If Tamara's anything like you then I bet you'll have an interesting story to hear when you get home." Chance said smiling still. "They are doing well. Xenos is working on deciding what he will go into since graduation is so close. Xerxes has gone a bit stir crazy but I know it's hard for him to have to sit at home and learn magic instead of being with his brother. Twins, what do you do with them?" With a shrug the blond answered Arthur's question. Honestly it was more of a 'children, what do you do with them' instead of just twins. Chance had forgotten how much trouble those two got in when they were together. Add Dante on top of it and it's a mess that much is for certain. At least Dante's friends didn't come over. Really he couldn't handle the pyro there too. It would be too much.

"Anyway, and pardon me if this comes off as rude, but is this a casual visit or is something up?" His wife hit him often for his abruptness in changing topic. Call Chance weird but at work as soon as the idle conversation was out of the way, no matter how much he liked hearing about people's days and family, it was straight back to business. After all what kind of example did he set if he just jabbered on all day? Not a good one that was for certain. Chance took his job seriously and knew he was looked up at by several of his men just as Arthur did.

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:48 am
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Arthur adcliffe
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

☆═━┈━┈━┈━┈━═☆
☆═━┈━┈━┈━┈━═☆

Arthur nodded and listened intently as Chance spoke about his children, still happy to hear that Xerxes had been returned safe and sound. Idly, Arthur glanced at Chance's board where Marcos Raven's picture stood. He wondered how he would react if either of his children were taken for that long. Tamara was gone just a week and Arthur was ready to forsake body and soul to save her. Tamara... that night... He could never forget the way his girl had saved his life. He returned his attention from his reverie to his friend and co-worker. When Chance asked if this was a casual visit or business, Arthur threw his arms out to the sides. "What? Old friends can't randomly drop in and say hi?" he asked, chuckling. Then with a sigh, he said, "Actually, it was a curiosity that made me drop by. You remember the Phelps murder? Father went crazy and murdered the mother, then disappeared with the boy... Justin Phelps. Well, I got an owl from Wilhelm Herr, a German Auror. He has a BOLO out on Justin Phelps. Said he was wanted by the German Ministry. I was wondering if you got a similar owl." Arthur crossed his arms behind his back, like he did with anyone he was questioning. It was a habit of his and his kids already recognized the pose. When he was intent on finding information out, he usually did. You didn't get to be Head Auror without some measure of success.

▂▃▅{Out Of Character}▅▃▂

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:54 am
Gideon Balford
Hit Wizard
|Feeling:Tired| Wearing: Faded jeans, black collared shirt, black leather jacket | Thoughts: I need a spell to do all of this paperwork for me… |

User ImageWalking through the Ministry Halls, Gideon yawned and stretched. He garnered a few odd looks from witches and wizards that he wasn’t familiar with, others smiled and nodded in greeting, not taking an notice of his Muggle clothing any longer. As usual, Gideon had just finished a shift with London’s Homicide Division and was coming to fill out paperwork detailing his work for the day. There had been a disturbance in the Market District and Gideon recognized the signs from the call to know that it was magically related. No one was covering the Metro or Patrol divisions so it was up to him to whip out his wand, work a few memory and illusion charms and pass himself off as a patrol officer responding to the call to intercept the other officers and send them on their way before he got to the party of young witches and wizards that was getting wilder by the second.

Apparanently it was one of the young witch’s twenty second birthday and they had all gotten a little too caught up in the celebration. They had started quietly enough but after the first two bottles of Firewhiskey had disappeared, the wands came out and they started casting simple charms to amuse each other. Then it was fireworks, explosions and huge illusions. They had cackled as a Dragon illusion chased an old Muggle woman down the street. Gideon would have liked to take each of them over his knee. Dumb kids. Sometimes this job made him feel like a very old man. Of course, when he was twenty two he was given a baby to raise, things like that made you grow up fast. These kids were all single and free spirited.

So after a few dozen stops at houses around the cul-de-sac, working memory charms and cleaning up their mess, he had to go back and respond to a ordinary homicide call in to the department with his Muggle partner. The night had been pretty brutal. So now, opening the door to the Hit Wizard Headquarters, heavy circles were under his eyes and his shoulders seemed to carry much more weight than the black leather jacket that he wore. Seeing that the boss was busy in his office, he made his way back to his desk, nodding to Nott as he passed him.

There were a few messages on his desk waiting for him. Some just interdepartmental memos, copies of reports of current cases and a message written with a familiar scrawl. Pushing the other things aside, Gideon opened the bit of parchment.

Quote:
Hey Gid,

I need a couple things for school. I know you’re busy with work so I’m going to run down to Diagon Alley to pick them up. Don’t worry, I can handle myself and already stopped down at Ms. Percival’s to let her know. I’ll be back by ten…maybe eleven. Night Gid!

~Chase

Gideon clenched his fists, wrinkling the parchment. He knew that he couldn’t keep Chase a kid forever and he was a teenager now and would want more freedom. But did a thirteen year old really need to be leaving the house by himself and going to Diagon Alley alone? No, he didn’t think so. He was going to ground that boy so hard that his wand wouldn’t work. Rereading the note though, a small smile crept onto his face when he got to the line, ‘I know that you’re busy with work’. Granted it was just in there to justify Chase going alone while Gideon was gone. But his nephew did care about him, how much he worked and while he got into a lot of trouble, he never meant to cause his uncle trouble.

Alright, maybe I won’t ground him.

Setting the note aside, he turned back to his work and yawned widely as he picked up a quill and got to it. Shifting uncomfortably, he reached under his black jacket and groaned. He had forgotten to leave his department issue gun at the office. Pulling it out, he slid it into his top drawer and went back to the fun of paperwork. Forms in triplicate and notices of fines and censures for the offending parties. Hopefully, it would be a quiet night at the office so he could get this all finished.

Pathological Kisser

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:20 am

User Image

Paperwork. It seemed to be cursed with an ever-lasting charm as he fiddled through parchment, one at a time. Signing signatures for acclaimed search warrants, detaining another typical band of drunkards racing on broomstick, and investiagtive research papers over the discovery of bodies long since laid to waste by an unknown factor. A heaved sigh had escaped as one more document piled into the "In" basket, making the "Out" basket seem that much more blatantly empty. William spared a moment to glance over his shoulder, Chance and Arthur were too engaged in conversation to notice him, and he was quick to use this opportunity. Heaving open a weighed down drawer from his desk, the tip of his blackthorne wand gently grazed the bottom of the drawer revealing a slip of parchment that had not been there before.

When William and his brother, Remington, had been but boys, the two had decidedly invested their efforts into a language that only the two could ever hope to understand. The names of their favorite Quidditch teams, players, and their numbers had been substituted to create words, letters, and phrases. To the ordinary eye, the parchment would have jibberish over what appeared to be the statisitics of each team. But William knew better.

This note had been about Remington's cursed obsession with that damnable Flint woman, William hadn't seen either of the two Fllints since the day that their grandmother and Remington's child had been murdered. William only appeared to show his respects and hadn't breathed a word to his brother, but he had seen Alfons there that day. Whether it was to finally have an epic jest at his humility, or to witness that too human aspect his brother once had, William couldn't be sure. William had hardly even seen Gideon Balford acknowledge him with a nod when he descended down to his desk.

Skimming over the words Kenmare Kestrals, he knew it meant Krina had become more of a problem then Remington could handle. It's true, the two brothers hadn't been very close since the death of their grandmother, but William had never been able to muster up the jagged courage to ignore the pleaful woes of his brother. The wailed regrets and heated arguements had been nothing more than a means to an end, William knew, those tricks had been succesfully used since their youth.

One last longing stare had been spared for this note that Remington had owled him just the other day, William couldn't keep this charade any longer. He knew he needed to rid himself of his brother, but how? How without being so, so, so blatant?

No more, William would not spend another moment on his little brother as he decidedly rose from his gray arm chair and stalked towards the only other available Hit Wizard, Gideon. "Ah, Balford, how's the muggle side of London been treating you?" William exclaimed with a cheeky grin, he had always found it amusing to note that Gideon was actually in correspondence with London's Homocide Division, and had once been in America as a Hit Wizard.

"Nothing like the streets of America, aye?"

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Located: Hit Wizard Headquarters with Gideon
Injuries:
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:22 am
Gideon Balford
Agent of MoM Hit Wizards
| Wearing: Faded jeans, black collared shirt, black leather jacket | Thoughts: Such a long night… |

User Image Gideon smiled and leaned backin his chair at William’s greeting. They had worked together since Gideon joined the department a little over three years ago on moving back to London. The two go on well enough, working amicably together and occasionally going out to a pub after work. Gideon was kept so busy with work and raising Chase that he only had a handful of mates, he counted William among them. And at the moment he was quite thankful for the distraction.

Shrugging he grinning, “From the gutters that they keep me in its all about the same; death, destruction and debauchery. Though I do appreciate the smaller amount that I have to deal with here. Must be because we have the better pubs, we spend more time there and less time killing each other.” New York had been somewhat brutal. Though he did miss it sometime. Not the death and debauchery part but the people and the neighborhoods. It had taken a few years to get used to, but it had a certain homey quality. In some ways it was hard to adjust to London again after that.

He knew that it had been hard on Chase, who had a small New York accent from living there his whole life and who was more accustomed to everything American from the food to the wizarding folk. Then to move across the world away from his friends and everything familiar, and for the second time in his life, though he simply didn’t remember the first time. That had been Gideon’s struggle. But both men were comfortable here. Chase liked Hogwarts well enough and even went out of his way to have Muggle friends at home in their neighborhood.

“How ‘bout you, Nott? Am I missing anything terribly exciting around the office?” Gideon usually got memos about wanted wizards that he was to look out for on the Muggle side of London, and a few copies of reports of cases that might pertain to him. Occasionally he was asked to work with the other Hit Wizards on big cases, but for the most part he felt somewhat cut off from the office. Not that he minded, there were benefits to working alone.

Pathological Kisser

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:01 pm

User Image

William glided dutifully to hang over the constructed barrier of Gideon's cubicle; half leisurely sprawled against the wall, and half in vigil alert with his own surroundings and those inhabited within the office space. If anything could be said about William, it was that he was paranoid. He surpassed this milestone easily enough, but its lasting effects had done little to vanish as the estranged heightened sense of anxiety had done from his youth. In truth, it was one of the downfalls of the pureblood race, he noticed over the years of his work. The pureblood wizards were like most pureblooded creatures, overbred. Everyone in his family had some sort of detrimental tendencies, everyone save for his sister, oddly enough. Hands of massive proportion rose to dutifully swipe away the stray strands of auburn hair that had shielded his eyes of penetrative gold.

”Death, destruction, and debauchery, the very foundations that establish our careers. What would we do without them; if not never have a new story to get drunk off of.” William jested with feigned dramatic and serious tendency, and an easy-going attitude emphasized the theatrical aspect before it all fell apart with a laugh. William shook his head as he now donned the more realistic British tongue rather than an overtly philosophical retrospective tone.

”Everything as exciting as the last, mate, but nothin’ quite of interest.” William flashed a grin; his character always seeking to please.

”It’s been getting so slow I’ve found myself just helping out the locals with classical nonsense, but even with all of this time, I still can’t get my boy to fly.” Although the subject itself cast a dreary shadow on his soul, he still maintained a pleasant enough of a laugh. ”Chase isn’t giving you any more trouble, I hope? It’s like he finds himself in the damnedest places and at the worst of times- can’t say I didn’t have that myself when I was his age though.” Ah, there he goes again- rambling! William was quick to tighten his lips to refrain from saying another thoughtless comment attributed to recent boredom.

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Located: Hit Wizard Headquarters with Gideon
Injuries:
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:08 pm
Gideon Balford
Agent of MoM Hit Wizards
| Wearing: Faded jeans, black collared shirt, black leather jacket | Thoughts: Such a long night… |

User ImageGid laughed good naturedly at William’s frustration, he knew how anxious he was for his son to fly. It was fun to see someone going through the opposite problem that he had. Chase had once taken his broom out into the courtyard of their apartment complex when he was five and jumped on it. The broom hadn’t done much, luckily. But it had hopped and bucked and even zoomed in a little circle a few feet off of the ground while little Chase hung underneath it giggling wildly. He could have beat that boy senseless. How many times had he had to memory charm the old woman on the second floor that always seemed to see Chase acting up?

Too many.

“Ah, well no large trouble. I’m just hoping if I give him freedom and let him act wild within reason that he will respect the boundaries and the freedom that I give him. He knows that it can all disappear if he goes too far. He’s a good kid. Though now he is easing up on the pranks and becoming more and more interested in girls. I was hoping I had a few more years before that started.”

Gid’s smile was a little bittersweet. He loved Chase like a son. But at times, he felt so clueless as a parent and wondered that if it was because he wasn’t actually a parent. Was he doing things wrong? Should he have placed Chase with someone else, a nice family? No. He nearly shuddered. He could never think of parting with Chase. Partly because he loved the boy but partly because of Cora. He had promised his sister on her deathbed, which had been Chase’s birthing bed, that he would take care of her child. And he held the secret of Chase’s birth that his whole family had wanted to know. But he’d be damned if he was going to tell.

“Maybe since things are slow around here, sometime before school we can get the boys together and maybe Chase can convince Tay to get on a broom. He wants to go out for the Quidditch team this year so he is pretty mad about flying lately. Even more than usual.”

Just as the two were chatting, a silence swoop sliced the sky as dawn cut through the velvet night. Gid had been working for hours and was anxious to go home, see if Chase had found his way home and was in one piece, and collapse in bed for a few hours. But a large old barn owl ducked in the chute that post owls used to contact their office and swooped across the room to land on his desk and snap at him impatiently. Gid pushed his chair back away from the hostile animal and raised an eyebrow.

“That looks like my sister’s post owl.” He commented, noting the cream feathers with gilded edges and gold eyes. Yuke had been a beautiful bird in his youth but he needed more care than Marta could afford. So his feathers were tattered and he was slightly underweight. Standing and moving closer, hoping that he was wrong, that there was no emergency, he took the letter from the owl’s ankle.

The script was wobbly and immature, clearly that of one of the kids, probably Hildy. Gid involuntarily let out a small cry of shock. The letter was not addressed to the Hit Wizards office, but specifically to him. He swallowed back a tremor of sadness as he raised his icy blue eyes to William, handing him the note as he reached for his gun in his desk drawer. Not as effective as his wand, but over the years he had become used to it and he just needed to try to focus like this was any other emergency.

“I need some backup. The kids might still be in danger. Their cottage is south of Ottery St. Catchpole, in a meadow near Fell Loch.”

With that Gideon disapparated in a hurry, if William could come, he would appreciate it. But if he had to send someone else as back up, that was fine. But Gideon had to get there now. Hildy’s note still echoed in his mind as he shuddered to keep it together as the world torn apart around him.

Quote:
Uncle Gid,

We need you, we are all alone and scared. Someone hurt Mum.
She is dead.

Please come fast.

Pathological Kisser

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:49 pm

User Image

When William initially nodded his head, it was more of understanding than any else, but it wasn’t because his own son had a rebellious spirit (it was quite the opposite) because countless hours had been spent to even encourage the young boy with a dynamic temper to step out of his box and interact with others of his age. Sometimes, William wondered if it would have been better to erase his son’s memory that faithful day seven years ago…

”It certainly is difficult trying to play both roles, mate.” William sighed, being a single parent himself he found the dreary task of discipline and affection to be a tiring (and confusing) effort. ”At least now,” William entertained with a smile. ”You can teach him how to be a man.”

The thought was whimsical, boys had a tendency to want to stay as young as possible and at the worst of times, but his son wasn’t. Tray, or, Tay, as he seemed to prefer, had always been too mature for his age in the grand scheme, childish, yes, but his mind geared for subjects far out of his reach. He hadn’t much time to dwell as Gideon spoke up once again. ”Ha, that’d be a miracle, but it never hurts to try. Perhaps another boy his age would be just the encouragement he’ll need to finally fly, can you believe he dropped out of his flying class-?!

“That little- I had even bought him a broom for Christmas thinking he took the class, didn’t even find out till his grades came in at the end of the year…”
But William didn’t continue as he spotted an owl of elderly grace swoop into office and then blatantly perched on Gideon’s desk. Silence had overtaken him, he didn’t know why but a dreaded tension seemed to fill the room and even his heart had paused in its rhythm to try and decipher what was going on. ”What?” He croaked, snatching the letter with enough time to read before his attention caught the fleeting sight of Gideon with that muggle weapon in hand.

Blurred vision, William darted towards the office of Chance da Vinci as the world seemed on standstill while he raced in high gear. A short spurt of a knock had been issued to warn da Vinci and Radcliffe of his entry, but a split second later he entered with the letter in hand. ”Sir, I apologize for the intrusion, but there’s been a murder in the Nettlepot home and there’s a slim chance the suspect or whatever the suspect was after might still be on the grounds…

“Gideon already left… it’s his sister.”
William explained in a rushed voice, he himself would have followed if it wasn’t for the fact that he had always been advised to seek out his immediate advisor, after all, this wasn’t exactly their department.

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Located: Hit Wizard Headquarters with Chance and Arthur
Injuries:
╚══════════════╝

MoM Level 2 - Department of Magical Law Enforcement

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items