Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
Harassment for...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

o PeachPuff o

Friendly Pal

14,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:32 pm
saying that I love God...

What do I do when people harass me for being Christian?

I know I suffer because He suffered for doing right... but...

Sometimes it just hurts so bad and I get angry and...

I'm never sure what to do... what do I do?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:46 pm
Don't Be A Sad Panda!

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Xd

Anyway, the best I can say is don't let it get to you and take strength in the Lord. I know it would be nice if there was some end-all answer that could solve the problem, but unfortunately there isn't. We simply have to stand strong and do our best to respond in an appropriate manner to our tormentors, even if that means doing nothing at all. sad

Just remember that God loves you, and nothing anyone says can really effect you in the grand scheme of things.

Not that 'sticks and stones may brake my bones but words will never hurt me' isn't complete garbage, but we just have to do our best to stand up and keep fighting when people throw words that really are as heavy as stones.  

Nalyd Rin Dei la Rune

Azkeel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:48 pm
Turn the other cheek. You are not alone! Remember that. Never turn away from your faith even when faced with death.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:14 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thanks. That really helped.
I guess the best I can do is just...
1) ignore them and... 2) Never give up... even
though it doesn't SOUND productive,
I know that in the end... it'll have payed off
for me and others around me.

Thanks guys!! biggrin God bless.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

o PeachPuff o

Friendly Pal

14,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Super Tipsy 200

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:04 pm
James 1:2-4

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything.

Galations 6:9

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Don't give up my sister in Christ! Persecution does indeed hurt. We stand up for what's right but get knocked down. We all go through it and I definitely know how that feels. All I can say is stay strong in the Lord. You certainly will be rewarded in the end. I'm praying for ya. smile

As for response...just leave them be. They're ignorant and don't know what they do.

Romans 12:17-21

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for god's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. On the contrary:

"If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doin gthis, you will heap burning coals on his head."

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Leave room for God's wrath. But be sure to pray for those who mistreat you, as Jesus commanded us in Luke 6:28. Trust me. Oddly enough, praying for people can REALLY help calm you down and get over your anger, along with helping you convey more love towards them. I especially know since I can be quite short tempered at times. I've gotten much better though. smile  
Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games