Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
My Best friend left me because...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

o PeachPuff o

Friendly Pal

14,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:38 pm
I believe in God.

It all started with him posting that religion and faith in God is a lie and then TEXTING me saying he hopes my faith is proven wrong...

MY Status on facebook said that my fiance is my best friend because he listens to me about God and talks about Him to me without ignoring me.

My "best friend" Got mad... posted on my wall that religion is... bull****....

So... I decided to end the friendship. Too long has this "friend" of mine dissed God to me after saying "I'll support you Jessy, whatever you choose."...

How can I handle this? What should I do if my "friend" asks forgiveness from ME? I mean... of course I forgive him, one who doesn't know the truth only knows how to lie... (saying God's not real is a lie) ...so I forgive him for lying, I just dont want those lies on my FB wall.

I guess what Im asking is... how can I get my friend to see that God's not a bad guy... that He's real... and that death isn't GOODBYE but "welcome home"?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:27 pm
im usually good with advice but.. im stumped on this.. im sorry. i hope everything works out well  

lil_ sweet kitten_15

7,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:14 pm
Wow...that's harsh. Well, I don't think there's much you can do. You can pray for him. That's one thing. Pray that God will draw your...."friend" closer to him and help him understand that He's a loving, living God. Try to to prove to him that God is real. Use facts. I know there are facts somewhere that prove prophecies being fulfilled, and of course all of creation and its perfect design is proof of God's existence. I don't exactly know where to get all the cool helpful facts from. My best friend might though. You may have to do some research on that one, sorry.

And honestly, I don't want to be mean but you need to detatch yourself from that guy. If someone just going to make fun of God and disrespect you, you really should not let him into your inner circle...or your intermediate circle...he should probably be one of the people who are farthest out. That doesn't mean that I'm saying be rude to him. But like...don't spend as much time with him or around him. He's a bad influence.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:22 pm
Wow, good for you on cutting him loose, sweetheart. I just don't understand humanly why people get so angry and judgmental over people who believe in deities. They call us stupid; we know they are. Yet, we can't do much but pray. If he comes back and talks at all in any tone, whether it is calm or angry, keep your cool. Ask why he feels this way. If he tells you there is no proof of God, tell him, "So what?" You believe what you believe. You are not falling into a financial or emotional trap by believing in a potential false hope, are you? This isn't something that can be found out later in life and crush your spirits; you won't know for absolute certain with proof until you die. Keep believing and ask why it is so wrong.

Now, if he tells you that God has been disproved... I am sure you can just ask for evidence and say that it's impossible to disprove God. This situation is not too big for God to handle, so don't give up. He won't give up on your friend.  

thedenomerator

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:27 pm
James 2:2-4

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:28 pm
It is impossible to believe in God, if God doesn't give you the faith to do it, it really is. So my advice to you is this... INTERCESSORY PRAYER. Remember the Words of Jesus

Matthew 17:20-21
20And He said to them, "Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. 21["But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting."]

So the mountains are huge problems(like unsaved people) and they don't go away but by prayer and fasting. Now the following I got from this sermon from a pastor I like to listen to because of his vast biblical knowkedge and it's a great sermon I suggest you listen to it or read it smile . "More than half a century ago, George Mueller prince of intercessors began to pray for a group of five friends...five friends. After five years, one of them came to Jesus Christ. After ten years two more of them came to Christ. He prayed for twenty-five years and the fourth man was saved. And for the fifth he prayed until the time of his death and that fifth friend came to Christ a few months after George Mueller died. For that fifth friend he prayed fifty-two years, perseverance.

Have you bailed out already? If you do, you miss the power of God."
( http://www.gty.org/Resources/Sermons/2325_The-Power-of-Faith )

I also suggest you read all of 1 John 5 where it talks about asking according to God's will and knowing it will be given to you because it's his will and the salvation of someone I can assure you is in his will.

and now this is just a verse I thought I'd throw in there

2 Timothy 3:12
Indeed, all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.

Take a stand for God and never give up, there will be many hardships on the way but remember

Acts 14:22
strengthening the souls of the disciples, encouraging them to continue in the faith, and saying, "Through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God."

I'll be for both of you mrgreen  

starry night-163

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:29 pm
I'm in a similar situation except my friend is more tolerant of my belief. You can't force your friend to change, but you can read scripture to him/her.

I recited to my two best-friends almost every time we met. It was something I felt I had to do. I wanted to do it. One of them opened his heart to Christ and joined a local church. He invited me and I've been going for three months now. He isn't perfect, but we're all a work in progress.

My other friend seems to be lost and unsure. I pray for him and talk to him. I encourage him and try to explain my faith too. A lot of unfortunate things have happened to him for not heeding my advice, which I take from the Bible. I think he is starting to understand how God works in his life, but he still has a way to go.

I can understand why one might not want to accept Christ. It isn't natural for man to do so. The devil tricks us into believing lies, makes us fearful of trusting the Lord, and other tricks.

All you can do is Pray, Forgive, and Love with a gentle heart.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:50 pm
Also read all of Romans 10 where it talks about how faith comes by hearingTalk to him about the Glory of God and just what Jesus has done for you, tell him all the awesome things about Jesus and how he took Gods wrath on that Cross bore his sin and payed his fine, tell him the Gospel. Check out these videos you can gain some awesome knowledge about the Gospel in them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLwICOU9bCE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbZ1FZIj44A&feature=related (this one just finishes the one up above cuz it got cut short lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjYLUpHQaiE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a11ASw5NRUw&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwpm1G5pVho (this one I just like lol it has things that might convince him such as how it is impossible for the Gospel to have left Isreal without the help of God)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMlv21zGARM  

starry night-163

Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces