Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply MoM Level 2 - Department of Magical Law Enforcement
Ministry of Magic Witch Watchers

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:34 am
Ministry of Magic Witch Watchers

The Ministry of Magic Witch Watchers are a special Ministry of Magic force that presumably is stationed at strategical places in search of fugitive criminals.

Head of the Ministry of Magic Witch Watchers

Preston Cherri
Black. 43. Dark-haired.
Laid-back. Brave. Perceptive. Focused. Determined. Confident.

Leader of the Witch Watcher Special Forces
Folami Soyinka

Current employees of the Ministry of Magic Witch Watchers
Morven Vass
Eugene Windsor - NPC
Darian Yaxley
Myron Hargrave

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:37 am
Training and Requirements

Click here for a list of requirements.

If you are interested in this job, please fill out the application found in the 'Job Applications' subforum.

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200

AirRoa

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:15 pm
Thorn peered cautiously around the room. Taking in itself stillness, the board covered in varies wanted posters, chalk covered boards, and simple work tables were scattered around the room. He surreptitiously closed his office door.

"You know it is bad form to come under false pretense, Elizabeth. One would think you were up to something," James Thorn murmured. There was no response from figure behind him.

He hadn't expected one. Walking slowly towards his desk he took in his guest. Elizabeth Bonecraft, didn't slouch away, shift about or even look at him. He settled into his desk chair. Smoothing out his robes over his dress pants. Then glanced up to stare directly into the woman's eyes.

"Let me guess, your checking in with me again. I can assure you that there hasn't been a single bit of movement. You should stop listen to the old hag, Elizabeth. Cassiopeia is with us no more...but you already know that," He finished that statement in a hushed tone. For a moment there was silence and then he asked the question, "What is it...what are you truly here for?"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:37 pm
"Oh, I'm glad you finally realized that I wasn't here just to humor an old berk," Elizabeth muttered as she finally shifted in her chair. It didn't make her anymore comfortable. She pinched her lips together and briefly glanced out the window. False day light spilled through fake grey clouds, the Head of Maintenance must be in a gloomy mood. Sighing, she turned her attention back to James.

For a moment she left like she had the first time she had entered this room. Worn and beaten, like she wanted to crawl away and just hide. James had allowed her to, he had dragged her in her forcing her to confront grim possibilities. They had turned out to be pointless later and the following visits had been mere jokes. Like the sky beyond the window, she wished she could her under false pretenses.

"I'm partly surprised the Ministry haven't jumped on this on already. My only hope is that they don't anytime soon," she said dully feeling almost numb. She looked away from James, his mild look of shocked interest had suddenly made the whole situation real. In an even deader tone she continued, "Matthew came to me earlier. My nephew depart some grim news...to me. Don't worry, it is nothing that involves your daughter. At least not yet, I'm sure the Daily Prophet will find out more of the incident sooner than she will...given enough time.

It appears Gabriel is dead. He must have let his guard down or something, doesn't change the results. My sister is now missing. I presume on the run...I hope she is on the run"
. She muttered the last part as feel the same burning sensation clenched her throat, the same shame all over again. Her frown deepened as she stared intently at the grain of the wooden desk. She couldn't meet his eyes. Not again, not another sad repeat. She couldn't stand knowing that he knew what she was going to ask him for. For she knew, just like he knew, there was only one reason why Matthew and now Elizabeth had just contacted the Ministry of Magic.

AirRoa

Blessed Prophet

AirRoa

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:01 pm
James let the silence stretch. It wasn't for a lack of words. He could have filled with air with plenty of words. Sadly this wasn't the appropriate time. Nor did he want it to be. Silence said everything he didn't.

"You understand of course that I can only withhold this information so long. It will get out, one way or another," he said with a detached air, almost coldly. He leaned back and eyes the figure before him. So much had changed in such a small amount of time. A few seconds ago, he had been mildly amused and she had seemed stronger. Time was such an annoying thing at these moments. If he had known how quickly his mood was going to last, he would have tried to enjoy it more.

"You should have got to da Vinci, you know. I take care of fugitives, the lost, and the known criminals. I don't handle possible criminals...," he trailed off a bit and then he leaned back in his seat. He examined Elizabeth for over the top of his desk. He then pulled into his desk. Taking out a piece of parchment, he stated icily, "Give me the details. I'll what I can accomplish."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:01 pm
User Image

Garret Drage
Ministry of Magic Witch Watcher
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Garret sighed as he completed yet another round of paperwork. It had been quiet in the office as of late, and so far, nothing unusual had happened. What he didn't expect was an auror coming into the office, however. He frowned, putting aside the next round of paperwork. He folded his hands. "May I help you?"

When the auror started to describe what happened that evening in the Steele household, Garret's face suddenly closed off. No. There was no way. He closed his eyes for a moment, realizing what this could mean. Megan, the woman who had turned his life upside down, was missing, and presumed a murderer. His eyes briefly slid over to a picture of his family on his desk. His glance at his oldest son was barely perceptible as he thought about what this could mean. Obviously, he'd have to go out to see about locating her, but he realized the true danger was with his son, if she ever found out where he went. The auror finished his report, and Garret pulled a new form out to start writing up the report. He had to do something, if only to protect his son.

----------------------------------
State: Shocked
OOC: ...

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:55 am
User Image

Garret Drage
Head of Ministry of Magic Witch Watchers
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Garret's office was in disarray. For several weeks, he'd been trying to hunt down the location of his missing son. Ever since he had gotten a call from his wife stating that Rick was missing, Garret had gone out of his way to try and find where he had gone. Every possible lead, any rumor, he had followed up on. Unfortunately, he had come up with zilch. He wanted to scream. He had wanted his son to stay home to protect him, and with Megan and now Rick missing, it just made him worry all the more. He'd seen what was starting in Megan, and he'd wanted no part in it. Now, he was afraid he'd doomed his oldest. Turning away from the pinup of a map of England, he shoved his hands through his hair. This was bloody impossible!

It wasn't until one of the others in the office came over that he shoved his hands into his pockets. The man looked quite concerned, and Garret sighed. "Jameson, are you here to make a report?"

"I'm sorry sir, but I just came off of a shift in Ottery St. Catchpole. Apparently there's a family that just up and disappeared. We have no indication as to what happened, and there's rumors that a woman with red hair has taken up residence in the home." The man looked nervous, while Garret just blinked.

Garret wasn't sure about the information yet, however, that seemed to be the clearest lead to where Frowning, he pulled out a piece of parchment and a Quick-Quotes Quill, positioning it to take notes. "All right. Start at the beginning, and leave nothing out." It might just be a crazy notion, but he believed he might just have found a solid lead. Hopefully it wouldn't be just like all the other leads he'd run across over the last few weeks.

State: Concerned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:38 pm
User Image

♦♦ Vᴀɴᴇssᴀ Nɪᴄʜᴏʟsᴏɴ ♦♦

♣♣ Mɪɴɪsᴛʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ Wɪᴛᴄʜ Wᴀᴛᴄʜᴇʀ ♣♣

Vanessa peeked curiously into the room. She took a deep breath as she fixed up her clothes. Making her first impression would greatly affect her standings. It was her third time in jobs like these and she was confident. She arranged her papers once again and knocked on the door three times. " Excuse me? It's Vanessa Nicholson, the new employee? " she said as she slowly opened the door. Continuing to enter she said, " Sorry for the trouble. " She looked around the room, posters of wanted criminals posted almost everywhere, various writings on the board, and papers, papers everywhere. She squinted her eyes and furrowed her eyebrows as she continued to look around the place. ' Ugh, so disorganized. Why does it always have to be like this? ' she thought as she started picking up some papers. " Hmmm ,Wanted....Killings....Kidnappers...Burglars....Azkaban.. " she muttered as she checked on every content on every paper.

She took in some air...the air that was so familiar to her. The kind of air that would always make your hair go up. The air of searching and capturing criminals all around the wizard world. She smirked as she sat down the chair, looking around since nobody's in the room. " Maybe they're working on a case already? Or maybe it's just their break time, " she questioned herself, crossing her legs and browsing on some of her paperwork. The flipping of the pages lightly echoed around the empty room. A couple of papers falling from every corner, the sound of things creaking, it was...irritating. " I can't take it anymore, " she said as she stood up, drawing out her wand. She waved her wand at the papers, then the board, then the other set of papers. A while later, everything was moving. The papers and folders, flew off to the desks and on the shelves, all arranged alphabetically. The writings on the board was rewritten, all arranged by the number of victims, up to the suspected criminals. As random objects flying in front of her face started to lessen, a cleaner and more organized room appeared. She smirked as she sat down once again on the chair, waiting for the Head, or should I say her Boss.

█▆▅▃▂ Out Of Criminals : ▂▃▅▆█

Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ Fᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ : Confident, Clean
Wʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ : MoM Witch Watchers...Office?
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ : Cleaning the room
Wʜᴏ I'ᴍ Wɪᴛʜ : None at the moment
Wearing

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:42 pm
User Image

Garret Drage
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Garret strode confidently into the main area from his personal one, perusing a document that was in his hands. He didn't seem to notice much about what was going on, and he only paused long enough to call out. "Peter, have you gotten the report from Givens about the disturbance in York? I need it on my desk here shortly."

When Garret didn't get a reply, he looked up. And then blinked. Apparently, some woman was doing a great job of messing up everyone's offices. Papers and Photos were flying every which way, and Garret had to dodge a confiscated wand as it whipped through the air to another location. He looked over to Jameson, who was staring and trying in vain to catch his paperwork before it left his desk. The woman seemed not to notice the two Watchers, and Garret furrowed his brows. Oh, bloody hell. There went the productivity for the office for the month. He knew he'd tried to talk to some of the other Watchers about cleaning up their respective desks, but as long as it didn't hinder their work, he was content to let them have their mess as long as it didn't spread. Now, he was watching as his department's main office was being dismantled by some tart that believed she could do as she wished here.

Not even missing a beat, as soon as she finished her spellcasting, he stormed over, fire blazing in his eyes as he stood, his feet planted shoulder-length apart and his hands clasped behind his back. "Excuse me. Just what do you believe you're doing?" His eyebrow arched, waiting for an answer. If this woman could not supply a suitable one, he was going to expel her from the office. After all, the office was going to have to fix whatever she had just messed up on their cases, and pray that she didn't mix up evidence. That could cause a whole lot of issues they weren't prepared to deal with.

State: Annoyed
OOC: IceGrayWolf, the last post I made was over a month ago. Technically that event is over, and you just messed up the entire department.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:23 am
User Image

♦♦ Vᴀɴᴇssᴀ Nɪᴄʜᴏʟsᴏɴ ♦♦

♣♣ Mɪɴɪsᴛʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ Wɪᴛᴄʜ Wᴀᴛᴄʜᴇʀ ♣♣

Vanessa was startled when a man spoke. ' Errrr, ...what should I say to him? ' she thought as she turned around, facing the man. She felt silent for a moment when she saw how angry he was. ' Darn. Reason...reason..... ' Thinking about what to say, she glanced upon some evidences and said with a sweet tone, " I'm cleaning up. Well that's what you should hear but actually, I was arranging the cases. I found out that some of the evidences were put in the wrong cases. Like...this one, for example," She walked upon the neatly stacked of stapled papers on the side and took one. " This one case has an evidence of.....fingerprints and items used by the suspect. Yet, when I looked around, the evidence was stapled in this case where a family was mercilessly killed by a rogue wizard, who currently has no evidences. " she explained, then showing him the records. " Then, the confiscated items are placed everywhere. Also, they have no means of telling who the owner of the confiscated item is, when it was confiscated, and why. So I took the liberty of placing thing by means of identification, " she added, then moving on to the side. " And this section, " she continued, " is the cases that were finished, currently being done, and those who are already solved. They are all organized here in this box, divided accordingly. And then this one are those that are already done in the past. A section for the cases last year, and the one before, and then the cases for this year, then the cases for this month. " She approached the two and said, " If there was something wrong with what I have done, then forgive me. " She bit her lip as she waited for the answer. She wouldn't know what it would be. It might be positive and forgive her but it also might be negative, which might make her first day at work be her last. She placed her hands behind her, as well as her papers and played with her fingers. She was acting as she was nervous since she didn't know what the head of the department she tried to be in was.

█▆▅▃▂ Out Of Criminals : Erm. Uhhhhh, then I shall improvise! ▂▃▅▆█

Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ Fᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ : Nervous
Wʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ : MoM Witch Watchers Office
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ : Reasoning out
Wʜᴏ I'ᴍ Wɪᴛʜ : The head of the department and another Witch Watcher?
Wearing

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:59 pm
User Image

Garret Drage
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Garret watched her quietly, his gaze narrowing as he regarded the woman. Arranging case files? Disturbing evidence? He knew for sure that several of the items that she had pointed out were being considered for other cases due to similarities in the situations. There were also cases that had been reopened due to new evidence that she had just flippantly sorted through. Just who was this woman, and why the bloody hell was she in his department messing up everything? He wanted to give in to the urge to just hex her out of the office, but restrained himself. "Look, madam, perhaps you do not understand. In an office dealing with law enforcement, you do not just come in and start disturbing files and evidence as you see fit. That is obstruction of justice, and carries jail time for it. Also, how would you know what is and what is not part of a case? Just because you saw stuff just lying around does not mean you have the right to touch any of it. A lot of these cases are still open, and your interference has probably caused a great deal of trouble and time to be lost. I suggest that you leave, now, before I do decide to press charges myself."

State: Annoyed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:44 pm
User Image

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there...

The creature floated into the office, it's sightless eyes peering into everything around. It could taste it, the happiness from the people in the office. A couple were chuckling over by a desk, their mirth over something one of their girlfriends did. Another group were discussing a case concerning the recent events in the muggle world. No one seemed to notice a thing, which the dementor didn't mind. In fact, it relished it. It watched as the temperature dropped, and then the people noticed. Shouts and curses went up around the office as people scrambled back, and it took a deep, rattling breath. It could taste the happiness disappearing as it sucked it in. Some tried to cast patronuses as well, but they were ineffective from its sudden appearance. It could stay here all day if it really wanted to, but it had a job to do.

Wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:13 pm
User Image

User Image

Garret was seated in his office, looking over old case files, when he felt a chill in the air. Accompanied with the chill was desperation, memories flitting through his mind of Rick's kidnapping and Jacob's coma. Interspersed with them were the memories of Megan and Sarah, his arguments with the former and the death of the latter. And then it hit him, the memory of his parents' arguments with him, his pleas with them that he wasn't cursed, or that there was nothing wrong with him. It left a hollow feeling in his chest, and he bit his lip, trying to shake the memories away. Then his eyes snapped up and he looked over to the glass of his door. Frost was starting to creep along the edges, and Garret's blood turned to ice. Dementors? Here? How?

He didn't spend any time pondering it, only thinking he had to get them out of the office. He could dimly hear the curses and calls of the others in the office, and he wrenched open his door to look at the chaos. His jaw dropped. There were a great deal of Watchers that were scrambling back, most of them casting and failing to produce a patronus. His wand shaking, he concentrated on the happiest memory he had, finding his oldest after his kidnapping, and grit his teeth. "Expecto Patronum!" Instantly a silvery raven erupted from his wand, and Garret directed it to try and drive the apparition out of his office. It was a buffer against the memories, at least, and the cold seemed to recede slightly. Just how had a dementor gotten in here, anyway?

Location: Witch Watcher's office
                                                  State: Terrified

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:27 pm
User Image
Alec sat back with a slight yawned. Things seem to be going fairly slow which really wasn't all that rare. When things got busy it seemed the would never stop and he absolutely loved it. Though when things slowed down, they tended to really slow down. He stretched looking forward to when he could go home, maybe take a nap. He was about to be lost in his thoughts when he suddenly stopped dead, feeling an all too familiar chill down his spine. Before he even knew what was happening he blood seemed to freeze within him and he was filled with some sort of heavy desperation. Images filled his mind, thoughts and feelings. Things he never wanted to remember. He could see parents in their last moments. He hadn't even been there and yet it all seemed so real. He wanted to save them, wanting to do something. It was already far too late. They had been gone for a long time. He mind slowly moved away from the thoughts of his parents and focused on here and now. What was really happening. Dementors. He knew that without even seeing them. He had felt this before and it had been something he never wanted to again. Sadly he was not so lucky. The only question that lingered in his mind was how on earth they had gotten in. The ministry was suppose to be safe but apparently not at this moment. He pulled out his wand, which was much harder than it should have been. It felt like he was been crushed. He got his wand into his hand and pointed it. "Expecto Patronum!" He yelled in his thick Scottish accent, thinking of the most happy thought he could.

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
MoM Level 2 - Department of Magical Law Enforcement

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items