Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply MoM Level 5 - Department of International Magical Cooperation
DIMC: International Magical Office of Law Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:20 am
International Magical Office of Law
Department of International Magical Cooperation

The International Magical Office of Law keeps track of laws and policies set down by the International Confederation of Wizards, and advises Britain's Minister for Magic and the Wizengamot on matters of international law in order to prevent contradictions between British magical law and its international counterpart. The Department of Magical Law Enforcement actually enforces the international policies and laws of the International Confederation of Wizards on British soil, albiet often relying on the advice of the International Magical Office of Law.

Head of the International Magical Office of Law
Alexander Evan Rich

Current employees of the International Magical Office of Law
Amanda Davis
Callista Hargrave

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:24 am
Training and Requirements

Click here for a list of requirements.

If you are interested in this job, please fill out the application found in the 'Job Applications' subforum.

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:32 am
Looking back at me,
I see that I never really got it right
I never stopped to think of you
I was wrapped up in things I cannot win

Alexander Evan Rich
.........Head of International Magical Office of LawUser Image

.....Desires: A Vacation
..........Troubles: Phelps

The continuous lull of the ticking clock had dulled down into an incandescent burn in the background, serving its purpose as nothing more than a reminder to how long he’s been huffing over the paperwork set before him. It was only now that he deeply regretted not partaking in breakfast with his daughter, but on this day for some reason, he felt he was in no mood to partake in her wild presence. He didn’t what it was that drove her to act as she does, but now wasn’t the time for such thoughts.

Now was the time for action- or rather- planning? Owls had come and gone as frequently as the ticks of that clock. The Prime Minister of Spain requesting the regards on one of England’s famed academy’s, the Ambassador of somewhere describing illicit details of the whereabouts of a private quidditch game, and many more which had to have been redirected to their proper departments, just because you slap international doesn’t make all foreign affairs his department!

With a piercing blue glance past the blinds of his office, Alexander Rich studied the members of his department before returning to a letter that he was sure had reached every department within the ministry: Justin Phelps.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:25 am
Looking back at me,

Alexander Evan Rich

.....Desires: Peace of Mind
..........Troubles: Wizengamot Resume

The day had rolled on as any other, except this time, he had returned from an elusive man with the swiftest carrion owls to deliver a set of goods that he could only assume were to be used for less than noble means. Not that it truly bothered him, but the threat of this taint upon his record would surely demean his chance for a promotion. As of late, he had been hoping to guile his superiors into offering him a seat on the Wizengamot courtrooms, but one could only be so lucky. He had done his time here, wallowing in the ministry for over three years. And in that time, he had come to know that his daughter’s newest friend’s father also happened to work in his department. It was a curious endeavor.

Shuffling between scrolls of parchment dictating the newest bills to be passed by law, he set each appropriate document within their files to be discussed with the other heads at a later date. All the while, looming over the resume for his hopeful second job.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:50 am
Looking back at me,

Alexander Evan Rich

.....Desires: Stability
..........Troubles: So many choices…

[Begin Scene, Fall of 2023]

For whatever reason, his employer, that damned woman with painted lips, had disappeared. He hadn’t heard whisper or rumor of her wellbeing, or even of her disappearance in these passing months that had, he was sure, turned to years (but for the life of him he was not in the state of mind to count the numbers.) He couldn’t focus, and why should he? Since she’d gone, his debts began to rise all over again and it was all he could do to keep the enforcers away, to sway them from his home like flies and pray they don’t follow him to the ministry. He knew they would, if they could. But after the whole run around with Mr. Potter in his younger years and the whatnot with the Death Eaters, well, security had gotten tight, that was to be sure.

He’d been approached by a man, a man he knew well. The younger brother of the Nott family had made quite a name for himself, Alexander was almost surprised. He scoffed at that, though. The man was only infamous for his misdeeds, for his cases gone cold against him and all the dropped charges. It didn’t beg one to wonder though, with a well-placed father and a brother more akin to family loyalty than duty, well, you didn’t have to wonder.

But still, he had no choice, unlike Remington, and he would be forced to follow. His hands were already tied with that woman, he didn’t even know her name, barely knew her face, she was always so well to keep herself hidden, unlike the painted lady. What was it with him and loony women, anyway? His wife was insane, the painted lady mad, and this new woman just as deranged. It was her fault she’d gotten caught, it was her fault she insisted on him checking the runes and their enchantments, and then…

”Those sisters,” he sighed, physically drained, even the color fled from his features. He had to take them, they gave him no choice, they’d seen too much! He should have taken their care, assumed responsibility, watched them. But he couldn’t, and she knew he couldn’t. The ministry would wonder where he was; and if those girls hadn’t already, they might recognize him still. He knew Mister Machlachlan, there weren’t many in the ministry that he didn’t know, working for as long as he’d been.

With no options, he’d have to do as he’s told. Wait for instruction from her, and, read this envelope he’d been staring at that Remington had delivered by owl; it was clenched between his fingertips and sealed with wax and not the trace of a stamp. Slowly, he turned it over in his fingers and ripped it open between shaky fingers. And he didn't have a clue as to what it meant.

Quote:

A man will come to see you with an unusual request. Be inviting, knowing, aware of him and his arrival. He’ll seek your counsel, and you’ll give it to him…

I can have the polyjuice potion ready for the body at any moment.

Here’s a little something for your trouble:

Vault 432
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:58 pm
User Image
Wesley is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Dashing at Locationspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // married to my wife, Dahlia Vivianspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Mr. Richspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Uneasyspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'This is so far beneath me... the scandal could ruin me...' spacespac
'You trick your lovers, that you're wicked and divine
You may be a sinner, but your innocence is mine.

═════════════════════════════════

Wesley's demeanor was stiff, cold and calculating. However, under the surface, his skin was crawling. His lips were pulled tight, and an uneasy light could be seen behind the typical pride in his eyes. He didn't like being here; didn't like that he'd been forced to this extreme. But, Dahlia had forced his hand. He couldn't allow her to carry his name, couldn't give her any right to his money, his property, or, most importantly, his son. Something had to be done. And, briefly, his mind wandered to a beautiful woman with hair the color of wheat... Both noble and low in her bearing, she intrigued him... a widow, he'd heard. But nothing could be done until he was free of his wife. He hated to admit that Siobhan Lowery was one of the reasons he so desperately wanted that freedom. It seemed... selfish, and he'd been selfish for so long... but this was a different sort of selfishness, wasn't it? A noble sort? He tried to tell himself it was so. If today's meeting went well, he'd been considering getting a dog... both for the companionship, and as an excuse to see her, for she was the newest owned of The Magical Menagerie.

He entered the man's office, standing proud, trying to look as though this meeting wasn't something utterly foreign to him. That he wasn't the rarest of rare, a former Slytherin of a pureblood line without a single skeleton in his closet until today. But he was sure he failed. His discomfort could not be missed; as well hidden as it was, he felt it was plain as day. He met the man's eyes, unsure of what to say.
                                                          "I... have a problem. I was told you could help me with it." Well, that was certainly vague. Was Rich expecting him? Had the man from the bar set this up? It seemed rather odd, really, and there was the strange sense of suspicion that perhaps this was more than chance... but he shoved it aside, for what else could it be? How could it serve that man, a stranger, to help Wesley with this matter? And how could he have known where to find him that night? No, it was merely happenstance, a beautiful instance of fate lighting his way. That had to be it.

'Please me; show me how it's done.'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Essy ze Ninja

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:15 pm
Looking back at me,

Alexander Evan Rich

..........Thoughts:’Merlin, what body would need a polyjuice, and why?’

Shuffling paperwork in a manila folder, his fingers heard the distinct click of a file cabinet unlocking and slid it open with a creak. Just then, the distinct roll of the doorknob pricked his attentive ears and he slid the folder in its proper filing before closing the drawer soundly. His chair swiveled around to face the man, stern, solemn features creased lines in the man’s flesh across from him. A thick hide, an armor to hide the insecurities and the doubt and frustration that lingered behind. Alexander knew that feeling all too well. It was no secret the state of his titles and affairs—how recklessly in debt his family had been drugged down into by overzealous parents and a haughty mother with a love for the priceless and prestige, oh, and gambling. Or worse, the black widow trait that nearly every woman of the House of Rich would suddenly be so akin to, at one time or another. Even his daughter, whose fiancé had been murdered and was dabbled all throughout the tabloids, held a similar fate.

The House of Rich was a crypt keeper of skeletons.

Wesley spoke, and in silence, a hand motioned for the Edgeworth to take a seat in the leather plush armchair across from him. His elbows leaned into the desk that separated the men from one another, and a thoughtful expression crossed his glazed and clouded eyes. ”Domestic, familial, matters, yes? A divorce, was it?” He pondered aloud, as if seemingly attempting to remember a conversation he’d never even had. ”Yes, a friend of the family mentioned a gentleman such as yourself would stop by. He didn’t mention much…”

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:17 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'This is so far beneath me... the scandal could ruin me...' spacespac

Wesley took the seat as indicated, eyeing Rich, his expression cautious, unsure. He didn't know the first thing about how to go about this, or even what this was. He had no clue what the plan was, if there even was one. He sighed. "It's... a fair bit more complicated than that. My wife is... missing, I suppose. On the run. She... she was apparently planning something nefarious, and I caught her in the act of torturing my House-Elf. She ran before I could alert the authorities. Now... I need... If she wanted, she would still have access to my property, my wealth... I can't allow that. I can't allow her to be able to sneak around behind my back and abuse that. And... she has access to my son, merely because she is his mother. I need... I need her gone from our lives, stripped of her rights. But she is missing, and if I were to find her, I doubt she would agree to a divorce. And so, I am at a loss. A man told me you would know what to do." His hand went to his temples, rubbing for a moment before he drug it down his face, stroking his chin. His expression was dark, worried. He had no idea what plan the man before him could possibly have to get Dahlia out of the picture, but whatever it was, he would do it. He would do anything for his son.

User Image

Essy ze Ninja

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:19 pm
Looking back at me,

Alexander Evan Rich

..........Thoughts:’Oh. That’s why.’

Alexander eased into the leather cushions of his seat, deeper and deeper into the plush confines as Wesley’s tale began with a downward spiral and only rocketed from there. Bony fingers crossed under his chin as his elbows rested in his arm chair, a contemplative look embarked upon weary features. At first, he didn’t know what to make of it; an elaborate over-exaggeration? Or worse, the peppered lights of truth that needed to be known, and nothing more. A hollow sigh flared his nostrils, his pressed lips wouldn’t crack just yet. Alexander allowed the bidding auction of silence to wear him down, to further his moment of unadulterated unknown (even if it was a lie.)

”I see.” He finally spoke after the hands on the clock on the wall behind Wesley prominently toiled one exact minute. It was a mechanical gesture with stony eyes behind a poker face meant for debts like these. ”You do have options,” he explained slowly, mulling over his words. ”You can alert the authorities, await her arrest, and, hope an unfortunate ending comes about her lack of acquiescence. Or…

“You can jump the gun, so to speak. Stage a death, arrange a funeral, await the death certificate and begin your life anew. If she’s disappeared this long, it’s unlikely she’ll arouse again, and, if she does, given your statement I can’t imagine them to be upon friendly circumstances that would otherwise not lead to Azkaban… Or her real death.”
He concluded. Alexander leaned forward and rested his hands out in front of him, calm, serene, considering the subject at hand.

But Alexander understood—all in the name of family—he always said.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:15 pm
User Image

Wesley's eyes widened at the man's suggestion. Fake the death of his wife? Such a thing was unheard of the the noble man. He had always worked so very hard to keep his name clean. There were certainly stories of the Edgeworth line involving themselves in less than admirable exploits. It was no secret that he had more than a few Dark Wizards sharing his name. But, he had always been clean, been good. He had never done anything to besmirch his name; he wanted to leave a good legacy for his son. But, if he didn't do this... taint the family name with her misdeeds, or with his own... at least his own were being done for the good of their family, unlike hers, which were a vicious act of revenge.

He sighed, rubbing his temples again.
                                                          "How would we go about doing that? Assuming those are my only options... my coming to you was because I can't wait for her to show her face. By the time she does... she may have already had time to do irreparable damage." He wouldn't lie, he had no earthly idea how one would pull off such a feat. Everyone knew his wife had been cheating on him; everyone knew she'd fled his home for unknown reasons. Were she suddenly found dead... wouldn't he be the primary suspect? And how exactly were they supposed to fake her death in the first place?

User Image

Essy ze Ninja

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:29 am
Looking back at me,

Alexander Evan Rich

..........Thoughts:’This best work.... ’

He nodded slowly, intricately, as though the very fabrics of time were pressed against his flesh and wringing around his neck. Sand cascaded, it seemed, the grains were rough against his sanity as the hourglass filled up to the brim and his eyes refocused, sharp, when they were once dull. ”Suicide.” He spoke so simply, so easily, as if it, the solution, had been there all along as an oasis in this desert. So many wizards, weak and great alike, traversed these wretched sands, and few of them would ever find their way to the end. ”For the right price, I’ll have my men stage a suicide locally, the body will be discovered several weeks after you’ve put out a missing persons to the ministry, and then,

“…You’ll wait for them to come to you. Soon after, you’ll the grace of arranging a funeral and then the freedom to live your life anyway you see fit.”
He nodded assuredly, fingers interlaced in soft hands as he leaned forward upon his desk, always feeling the chains that bound him there. There was an air of finality that gyrated him, that implied the dire lack of options available to him, that, in some way, this was the only way out and they both knew it. Remington was right, Wesley was desperate; the Hogwarts Governor would have never subjected himself to such otherwise. But what in the world could have been the cause of this, he wondered.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:37 pm
User Image

Wesley swallowed. He swallowed his pride, he swallowed his words, he swallowed the unfathomable disgust he felt at being involved in something so very heinous. Because there was no room for his distaste, no matter how justified it may be. This was something that needed to be done; Dahlia was dangerous. Possibly insane. She'd certainly seemed so when he'd found her torturing the House-Elf. He couldn't risk her using his name to work around the protections he'd set up to keep her out of his business, out of his home and away from his son. Damien had been damaged enough by her. He felt no need to give her any avenue to be able to inflict further psychological or emotional wounds on him.

So, he swallowed.

"This... sounds acceptable. A good solution. Or, a viable one, at the very least." 'Good' was most certainly not the proper word for this. Nothing about it was good. But it was necessary. And it could work. Provided the right people were paid off and the correct papers were forged. All of which sickened him to his very core. But, this was for his son. His legacy. All he had in this world. And he would do this for him.

He sighed, his eyes closing. This was it; this would take care of it. And once this was done, once the body was found and the funeral was over, it would be behind him. Dahlia would still be there, of course. Lurking in the shadows, following him, waiting for the right moment. He was sure of it. But, for now... for now he wanted to simply be glad that, legally, she would no longer be his wife. She would no longer be anyone. That name, that identity, he would take it from her. The thought pleased him, he was ashamed to admit. She had tried to take over his life, to bend him to her will, and had intended to do the same to their son. For this crime, he would take her life. Not literally, but figuratively. It was better that way, anyway. If she were truly dead, she wouldn't suffer for her crimes. He was just enough of a Slytherin to find such an outcome pleasing.
                                                          "Whatever fees may be incurred, I can pay them. I'm sure they will be immeasurable, but... It will be worth it. To be free of her... I would pay almost any price." Perhaps he was being too honest. Perhaps he should have been shrewd. People given to dealing in such dark corners as these didn't tend to come cheap; even less so when they knew their mark was both wealthy and desperate. But Wesley was sure that Mr. Rich could already see as much. It would be foolish to try and pretend otherwise. He could only hope that, when this matter was done, his wealth would still be enough to leave his son a proper inheritance.

User Image

Essy ze Ninja

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:50 pm
User Image

A BOGGART
is currently...
In the Ministry
Targeting No one and Nothing
Form of Your Nightmares

Here we are
The monsters in your closet
Sure as hell
You should be afraid

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
User ImageUser Image

The Boggart slunk into the office, lurking in the shadows, staring, searching. It was there for a reason, of course, but that reason didn't really matter right now. What mattered was that it should serve its purpose; the others were already spreading throughout the Ministry, feeding on happiness and inspiring fear. It was no different; the fear was already thick in the air, satisfying. But it wasn't enough; it needed to inspire that fear, to cause it. To take the form of these peoples nightmares and harvest them. Those fears were so sweet... it needed only face a man and take its form. The screams would be delicious, the spike of adrenaline invigorating. The creature lurked, waiting for the first person to cross its path, waiting for an invitation that the person would never know they sent. Were it human, it would have been smirking, its eyes bright and malicious. It wandered through the shadows and the darkness, lurking. Waiting.

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Beware the bumps in the night
The shadows on your wall
The nightmares of your youth
Believe in the bogeyman
Hiding beneath your bed
Just waiting to break loose

When you approach the boggart, please include a note in your OOC to let me know what form it should take so I don't have to hunt down your profile and guess. Thank you!

Essy ze Ninja

The Forgotten Weasley

kiska166

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:30 pm
Looking back at me,

Alexander Evan Rich

.....Desires: Peace and tranquility
..........Thoughts:’I need a cup of tea...’

Without money, all is in vain, he recited the familial words like prayers from the bible. Believing its truths more than the air he breathed, more than the blood boiling in his veins. He was nearly buried behind a stack of paperwork; half of which needed his signature and the other half needed his comments or refusals for the proposals drafted this past year. Not to mention, the international copies and quandaries, too. He sighed as he lounged backwards in his leather arm chair, feeling confined, locked under chain and key. The air curled and the hairs on the back of his neck stiffened and crawled, but he barely paid it any mind. The shadow haunted from behind him. He may have never even noticed it if he hadn’t had to turn his back to chuck a paper ball into the rubbish bin, and miss. ”Bloody… hell?” His tone rose with the hint of curiosity. He saw the bare flittering motions, but couldn’t really see.

He almost thought his eyes were playing tricks on him. Alexander blinked, snapped his neck back and forth for a double take and scoured his office for any sign of trickery. He could feel the paranoia creeping under his skin. A pair of eyes bore into him, he felt it, but he couldn’t see it. He saw the shadows play. His fear crept closer and closer to the forefront of his mind, but he didn’t know why. The only love of his life, his little girl, sat like a dewdrop in his brain. But she wasn’t his anymore. No, he had ruined that a long, long time ago.

[OOC: His fears revolve around the aspect of losing his daughter; losing her in life, in spirit, losing her to blood traitors, muggles, duels, or dreams, etc etc.]

Cara MiaKitty

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:39 pm
User Image

Amanda had been behind with paperwork even though she didn't slack off while at work. Day after day for the past couple of weeks, she had to work overtime just to make sure she wouldn't be behind for another month. There was just so much to do whenever rules didn't work out. From the cubicle next to hers, she had heard Alexander speak "bloody hell" though she hadn't any idea why. Perhaps, it had something to do with all of the work he also had to do. Assuming that was the reason, the blonde continued to sit at her desk and focus on her own paperwork.

Essy ze Ninja
Cara MiaKitty

((OOC: Her fear revolves around her father. Seeing him, him finding her, etc. While her second fear involves others finding out what her fears are.))

MoM Level 5 - Department of International Magical Cooperation

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff