Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
The War In Heaven

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Katie Wildheart

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:34 pm
Being only a human, I can't say that I know a lot about it. In fact, I hardly know anything at all. But I can't help but think about how horrible it must have been. I mean, it would be like killing your friends and family...all the people you've ever cared about. It ripped paradise in half.

If the war could be written down in a book, I imagine it would be a good read, but it would probably be very emotional. When I get to heaven, I would love to hear what the angels have to say about it. That is...if they're willing to talk. I don't know about the rest of you, but the war is always something that's sparked my curiosity.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:59 pm
If you're really that interested you should read Revelation. One of the angels, Micheal is mentioned as the leader of the army of heaven and all it's legions. HE leads a battle against the army of Satan at the end of the world
I'm sorry I can't tell you specifically which chapter, but I also suggest the entire book. It's very interesting, even though it is also often a lot of imagery that is hard to understand  

Phantom Jutsu

Shameless Pyromaniac

14,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Katie Wildheart

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:39 pm
But is that only describing what will come at the end? I'm talking about when the Morning Star first fell.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:49 am
You mean when Lucifer was kicked out of Heaven for disobedience and became Satan?  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Phantom Jutsu

Shameless Pyromaniac

14,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:27 am
Katie Wildheart
But is that only describing what will come at the end? I'm talking about when the Morning Star first fell.

yes, i know that's what you meant, I just thought that you would also find the end battle interesting. As I recall There was some sort of dragon in on the battle as well.

As for the fall of Lucifer, I remember recently hearing that a good portion of heaven's angels went with him. I want to say a third, but I don't have a reference to back that up, so take it with some salt. Any the angels that followed Lucifer would have become demons. I've never thought of demonic activity as the work of fallen angels before. That's rather eerie.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:42 am
best story ever. i would think. hey its one of those things you can ask god about when you get to heaven! i mean if you can. which would be really cool. like if heaven had a large library and it held all the books of individual people's lives, or history that had happened in heaven, that would be cool, tho i would think that would be off limits lol just a though...  

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:45 pm
Phantom Jutsu
Katie Wildheart

yes, i know that's what you meant, I just thought that you would also find the end battle interesting. As I recall There was some sort of dragon in on the battle as well.

As for the fall of Lucifer, I remember recently hearing that a good portion of heaven's angels went with him. I want to say a third, but I don't have a reference to back that up, so take it with some salt. Any the angels that followed Lucifer would have become demons. I've never thought of demonic activity as the work of fallen angels before. That's rather eerie.

It was a third of the host of heaven who left with him, and yes they are demons. It is kind of eerie that fallen angels are the demons, but it's also kind of comforting to have that knowledge that way you kind of know how to deal with it and how to not fall to their traps.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:09 pm
lifelessdoll_13
best story ever. i would think. hey its one of those things you can ask god about when you get to heaven! i mean if you can. which would be really cool. like if heaven had a large library and it held all the books of individual people's lives, or history that had happened in heaven, that would be cool, tho i would think that would be off limits lol just a though...

I agree. Hopefully it's not off limits!

And if Lucifer fell because of jealousy from humans, I could actually understand him. I mean, if that actually was the case and I was put in his position, I imagine I would probably be jealous too. After all, here I am at God's right hand, a great and powerful angel. I'm practically the apple of his eye. We have a bond like no other. Then these humans come along. These weak...lowly creatures that to me seem worthless. If anything, they should be like slaves to the angels. They're pretty helpless, and kind of a waste of time. But I see the way God looks at them. I see the love in his eyes...the way he treats them like his children. Why do you think I'm angry? That sort of love....that sort of bond with God should belong only to me and the other angels; not to these pathetic creatures called humans.

And it gets worse still. Now he wants us to look after them! We're supposed to act like some sort of servant to them and protect them from all the danger they get themselves into. Suddenly God doesn't look at me the way he used to. I can tell he cares more for those...things than he does about me. There's no way I would ever stand for something like this.  

Katie Wildheart

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:12 pm
Lucifer fell because he wanted to change God's plan of salvation. He wanted take all the glory for himself, rather than glorify God, who deserves ALL the glory. Satan didn't want that. So therefore he was kicked out.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:18 pm
Katie Wildheart
lifelessdoll_13

I agree. Hopefully it's not off limits!

And if Lucifer fell because of jealousy from humans, I could actually understand him. I mean, if that actually was the case and I was put in his position, I imagine I would probably be jealous too. After all, here I am at God's right hand, a great and powerful angel. I'm practically the apple of his eye. We have a bond like no other. Then these humans come along. These weak...lowly creatures that to me seem worthless. If anything, they should be like slaves to the angels. They're pretty helpless, and kind of a waste of time. But I see the way God looks at them. I see the love in his eyes...the way he treats them like his children. Why do you think I'm angry? That sort of love....that sort of bond with God should belong only to me and the other angels; not to these pathetic creatures called humans.

And it gets worse still. Now he wants us to look after them! We're supposed to act like some sort of servant to them and protect them from all the danger they get themselves into. Suddenly God doesn't look at me the way he used to. I can tell he cares more for those...things than he does about me. There's no way I would ever stand for something like this.

hmm, if i was an angel, i would think of the humans as like a little brother or sister, since just like tenshi's humans were created by God. your thinking reminds me of inuyasha....just saying. cause every youkai thinks that humans are nothing and are servants or food, but there are some youkai that are really kind and want to protect humans no matter what...sorry if this is wrong to say but thats what your idea reminded me of. ya....  

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:38 pm
I know I read some where in scripture that said man is above an angel or some thing like that. We have a higher status than they do. I would have to double check my sources to back this up, but I do remember reading that and back when I was protestant, my pastor once gave a sermon on the status of humans and angels.  
Bible and other christian discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games