Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
Whomping Willow Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:19 pm
All the way from where we came, built a mansion in a day;
Distant lightning, thunder claps, watch our neighbor's house collapse.
Looked the other way, and then the storm was overhead!
In the absence of a breeze, scatter what remains!
Every warning we ignored, drifting in from distant shores...
The wind presents a change of course; a second reckoning of sorts.

User Image
V I O L A N T E
F A Y E
L I L L A N T I N E

SlytherinThird YearPurebloodAdopted

Vio fought the urge to cringe in mortification at the look the other girl gave her. Way to sound like a bloody loon. Then again, she was fairly sure madness ran in the family, and she could hardly be blamed for the results of years of inbreeding. This was why she needed friends. Spend too much time by yourself and you forget to censor yourself. Luckily, the other girl didn't make a big deal out of, and Vio was relieved by the appearance of a wide grin on the redhead's face. She seemed pleased that Vio was for the most part going along with this... whatever it was. maybe 'escapade' was the proper term. "We'd be better off with the older years's professor, Thorne," she replied dryly. "As far as I know she's yet to display any homicidal characteristics in front of her students." Vio really didn't mind Hill, not exactly, she just couldn't stand his class. She laughed at what Ivy said next, casting a look down at her outfit. "I don't think I'm wearing the right clothes for climbing, so I'll have to pass on that. Still, the closer we are to the trunk, the harder it'll be for it to hit us, I think. Less room for the branches to swing about, right?" She bent her knees slightly and inched forward another step, holding her breath.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

We were wasted waiting for a comedown of revolving doors!
Fate, don't fail me now, and when the days that followed past...
In another mansion built to last; from our window we could see-
Only possibilities down the road and back!
Auctioned off our memories; in the absence of a breeze;
Scatter what remains, fate, don't fail me now!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:18 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ṡïṉģlε
                                                          Looking Unruly at the Willow with - - -
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Wonder how hard it actually hits... ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

ï ḋøṉ'τ ģïṿε α ḋ α ṃ ṉ 'вøυτ ṃÿ ɾ ε ρ υ τ α τ ï ø ṉ ✫ ✫ ✫xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ÿøυ'ɾε lïṿïṉģ ïṉ τ h ε ρ α ṡ τ, ïτ'ṡ α ṉ ε ώ ģ ε ṉ ε ɾ α τ ï ø ṉ ✫ ✫ ✫xxxxxxxxx
                                                          α ģ ï ɾ l сαṉ ḋ ø ώhατ ṡhε ώ α ṉ τ ṡ τø ḋ ø ✫ ✫ ✫xxxxxx
                                                          αṉḋ τ h α τ ' ṡ ώhατ ï'ṃ ģ ø ṉ ṉ α ḋ ø ✫ ✫ ✫xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceIvy giggled at Vio, agreeing whole-heartedly that they'd be better off asking Professor Thorne. She was the Hufflepuff Head of House, wasn't she? How bad could she be? "We'd be better off asking the Giant Squid than Professor Hill," she pointed out. "Or a troll. Or a werewolf." She actually bet that was only a slight exaggeration. Being torn to shreds by a werewolf in total full-moon crazy mood was probably only marginally more painful than having to talk to the Herbology professor. And it'd be over quicker. And didn't werewolves have that potion they could take, anyway? She'd bet they were totally chill when they took that. Definitely moreso than Professor Hill, even on a good day.

spaceThe Gryffindor managed a faint snicker at the Slytherin girl's comment on her attire, nodding. "I wasn't gonna say anything. But you'll totally be lucky if you don't fall to your death or something, those are not climbing shoes," she attested, only half-joking, half actually worrying about the other girl's well-being, now that she did realize how poorly dressed she was for this endeavor. Ivy was just in her uniform, but her uniform included sneakers. She might've rebelled ever so slightly when doing her school shopping that year and refused to dress 'like a girl.' Not that the phrase meant much of anything these days, really. Girls looked like all sorts of things. But she would have walked right back into that crowd of insane murderers before she would've put on a skirt and Mary Janes this year.

spaceThere was some logic to Vio's comment about them being safer the closer they got, she would admit. "You're probably right; the limbs are pretty flexible, but they'll lose a lot of torque the closer we get... won't hit as hard. Even if they do manage to hit us, it'll lack power." Oddly enough, the realization made her feel slightly more confidence about the whole endeavor. Not that it meant she was going to suddenly go full-on reckless and charge in, but it did put things in perspective. She was patient, though, at least when it came to things like this. She watched her classmate inch closer, somewhat surprised. She didn't know the other girl all that well... or really at all... but she certainly wouldn't have expected this from her. She thought that she might actually like Violante, which surprised her. She hadn't thought she liked anyone except her friends.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✫ ✫ ✫ αṉ' ï ḋøṉ'τ ģïṿε α ḋ α ṃ ṉ 'вøυτ ṃÿ ɾ ε ρ υ τ α τ ï ø ṉ
                                                          xxxxxx✫ ✫ ✫ ṉεṿεɾ ṡαïḋ ï ώ α ṉ τ ε ḋ τø ïṃρɾøṿε ṃÿ ṡ τ α τ ï ø ṉ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✫ ✫ ✫ αṉ' ï'ṃ øṉlÿ ḋøïṉ' ģ ø ø ḋ ώhεṉ ï'ṃ hαṿïṉ' ƒ υ ṉ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✫ ✫ ✫ αṉ' ï ḋ ø ṉ ' τ hαṿε τø ρ l ε α ṡ ε ṉ ø ø ṉ ε

User Image

(( OOC: ))

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:22 pm
All the way from where we came, built a mansion in a day;
Distant lightning, thunder claps, watch our neighbor's house collapse.
Looked the other way, and then the storm was overhead!
In the absence of a breeze, scatter what remains!
Every warning we ignored, drifting in from distant shores...
The wind presents a change of course; a second reckoning of sorts.

User Image
V I O L A N T E
F A Y E
L I L L A N T I N E

SlytherinThird YearPurebloodAdopted

Vio smiled at Ivy's comment. "The squid's said to be quite friendly. Trolls, I'm not so sure about, but at least they won't berate you about the proper treatment of plants before they kill you. Werewolves... I suppose it'd depend on the werewolf." She was hardly being dramatic here, anyways. One would think, as a professor, Hill would at least pretend to like them to their faces and then just complain about them behind their back. She assumed all professors did that, just like students did about them. It was at least more productive than having half the class terrified and the other half annoyed and defensive. Wasn't exactly 'conducive to learning', but maybe he didn't care, though she wondered why he'd taken the position in the first place. Teaching couldn't pay THAT well, after all.

She smirked as she looked down at her feet in response to Ivy's snicker. "I didn't dress for tree baiting, unfortunately. Next time I'll bring a helmet and elbow and shin guards." Actually, she wasn't sure she even knew how to climb a tree. She couldn't remember ever having done it. She'd watched Thea climb plenty of trees when they were little, but that... that had been a very long time ago. She would have been twelve, now. She ignored the whisper in her head, which never led to anything good, and instead looked Ivy's outfit up and down. "Trousers are probably the more practical choice for the uniform," she admitted. "But I think I'm too used to skirts at this point." Never mind that she was wearing jeans at the moment; she'd grown up dressing very stereotypically 'girly', and she couldn't even imagine not wearing a skirt in class.

She was happy to hear the other girl agree with her; she liked being proven right, after all, and the confirmation made some of her caution slip away and she darted half a step forward, then realized to her horror that she wasn't steady on her feet and was stumbling. There was nothing she could do to half her fall, so she tucked in her arms and legs to the best of her ability and rolled forward the second she hit the ground, a branch thrashing down to glance across her back before she was out of its reach. Well. That was one way to get much closer to the trunk. Breathing harshly, she let go of some of her panicked tension and sat, frozen on the ground, on her knees, not daring to move a muscle until a few moments had passed. Her back stung and ached like someone had hit her with a board once or twice, but other than that, she was unharmed. She stared at Ivy. "Wow."

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

We were wasted waiting for a comedown of revolving doors!
Fate, don't fail me now, and when the days that followed past...
In another mansion built to last; from our window we could see-
Only possibilities down the road and back!
Auctioned off our memories; in the absence of a breeze;
Scatter what remains, fate, don't fail me now!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:25 pm
User Image
                                                I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream
                                                I know you, that look in your eyes is so familiar a gleam
                                                And I know it's true that visions are seldom all they see

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Hσρєℓєѕѕ Rσмαηтιc || Ɯσσ∂ Ɲумρн || Ƒσявι∂∂єη Ƒσяєѕт

════════════════════════

Sylvana walked carefully up to the whomping willow, her gaze curious as she looked it over. She rarely went anywhere outside the forest, and this was the first time she had travelled to this particular part of the castle grounds. She quickly found a branch lying on the ground nearby and prodded the knot at the base. She didn't think the tree would mind her presence, but it was never a bad thing to be careful. Sighing, she settled herself onto the ground at the base and stroked the trunk lovingly. If she closed her eyes, she could sense the tree's confusion at her, and she hummed a bit. It probably saw young witches and wizards climbing it all the time, and she couldn't be sure, but she thought that the tree would retaliate at such actions. Well, unless the students knew the tree's secret.

She smiled and continued to stroke the rough bark, thinking to herself that this was a wonderfully patient tree to put up with people possibly accidentally breaking its smaller branches. Which, she noted with a small frown, one of them was bent at an odd angle. Glancing around, she made sure no one was around and she climbed up into the branches herself, her small frame barely noticeable to the older tree. She then got to the branch in question and frowned. Not broken, she decided, just bent at an awkward angle. The tree shivered a bit as she ran her hands delicately over the bent branch, and she made hushing sounds and hummed more as she carefully straightened it back out.
                                                "There you go, I bet that feels so much better now. Thank you for letting me straighten that out. Do you have any other hurts?" As the tree shivered a bit more, she made her way around the branches, stroking the bark in places and straightening out other places. She then settled back in one of the boughs, her back pressed against the trunk as she observed the area.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I bet the willow feels so much better now...
                                                OOC:

But if I know you, I know what you'll do
                                                You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:52 pm
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason made his way down to the Whomping Willow, ready to care for the tree. He just knew some careless students had decided to sneak down to climb the poor tree and had gotten the plant into all sorts of irritated. He just knew it. Bloody irresponsible brats. Why they couldn't leave it well enough alone was beyond him. What was even more curious, how in the blazes did they figure out the secret to calm it down? Unless there were some older students directing them, he doubted very much that they had figured it out on their own without some sort of injury or intense studying in the library. Good for them for reading up on the tree, pity they did little more than try and sneak into Hogsmeade through the Shrieking Shack and a nest of blood suckers.

His eyes narrowed, as he noted that the tree seemed to be much too still. Up until it tried to take his head off with a swing of a branch. Ducking, Jason sighed and grabbed up a long branch to prod at the base of it, and as the tree stilled, he noticed what seemed to be a child up in the tree. He groaned mentally and glared at the perpetrator.
                                                      "Get out of that tree this instant!" Jason crossed his arms and waited, his gaze never leaving the child as she, and yes it had to be a she, climbed down out of it lithely. That is, until he realized that that wasn't exactly a child he was looking at, if the curves he was seeing was any indication. What made the scene even more confusing was that the girl was humming as she climbed down! He blinked as she finally got to the ground, stroked the tree patiently, and then turned around, flashing him what had to be one of the most beautiful smiles he had ever seen. "You're... you're not a student..."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: ....What is going on here???
                                                      OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real mexxx
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:31 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxDeadly Tree
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxNo one
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCurious
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ωнєи ѕнє ωαѕ נ υ ѕ т α g ι я ℓ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ѕнє є χ ρ є ¢ т є ∂ тнє ω σ я ℓ ∂ xxxxxxxxx
                                                          вυт ιт fℓєω α ω α у fяσм нєя я є α ¢ н xxxxxx
                                                          ѕσ ѕнє яαи α ω α у ιи нєя ѕ ℓ є є ρ xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceChrys approached the tree with a dubious expression; her natural instincts were warring with her more adventurous side, which wasn't entirely uncommon. A voice in the back of her head was screaming about how dangerous this was (and how much trouble she'd get into for it). But, it was in competition with another voice that was screaming 'do it' and right now 'do it' voice was louder. She wasn't going to do anything exceedingly stupid, she thought. She just wanted to get a good look at it. A very, very close look. But she was small, and fast, so she'd probably be safe, right? The Gryffindor drew nearer, thinking that if anything, she had to do this simply to earn her mane, so to speak. It seemed like the sort of thing that should be required of Gryffindor first years. 'Prove your mettle against the Danger Tree' or something like that. She would've asked Dris to accompany her, but she had no idea if things would get hairy and she'd start screaming or something like that. She didn't want to give him a headache or something. Considering she still wasn't sure exactly how his... what would you call it? It wasn't like a power, was it? Like being a metamorphmagus? There was probably a muggle word for it, she reasoned. Anyway, until she knew more about it, she wasn't going to ask him to do anything that might result in his discomfort. He would probably be put out he couldn't come along, or stubbornly insist on doing so anyway, and she didn't want either of those things to happen.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ѕтιℓℓ ℓуιиg υ и ∂ є я и є α т н тнє ѕтσяму ѕ к ι є ѕ
                                                          xxxxxx ѕнє ѕαι∂, σ н ι киσω тнє ѕ υ и ιѕ ѕєт тσ я ι ѕ є
                                                          xxxxxxxxx тнιѕ ¢ σ υ ℓ ∂ вє ραяα-ραяα-ρ α я α ∂ ι ѕ є
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx тнιѕ ¢ σ υ ℓ ∂ вє ραяα-ραяα-ρ α я α ∂ ι ѕ є

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

murruelecreuset

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:32 pm
User ImageUser Image
Julius Devereux
First YearSlytherin
Family Heir

Julius was out for a simple walk, nothing out of the ordinary. However he couldn’t say the same for a pink haired girl in his year. From a distance there was no way he could mistake her for anyone else. A Gryffindor who was usually sitting with the artsy kid that reminded him of his younger brother. While he didn’t have a problem with either of them, he also hadn’t talked to them. It wasn’t like he was following his classmate. No, he just happened upon her by complete happenstance. And as much as he liked his alone time (which was hard when your friend was in the same house) he didn’t want to ignore the fact that she was approaching a dangerous looking tree. Said dangerous tree being, a Whomping Willow.

Heading over before anything bad essentially happened, Julius said the first thing that came to mind. “You probably shouldn’t get to close to that.” He spoke up from behind her. “Whomping Willows are known to be violent when you get close.” He added that random piece of information. Whether she knew anything about Whomping Willows was another story.

Status : Curious... but not for the same reasons...
                                                  With : Chrys

Attire : Slytherin Uniform

OCC : - - -

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:13 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxDeadly Tree
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxNo one
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCurious

spaceChrys nearly jumped out of her skin when the near-silence was broken by a voice. She whirled around to face whoever it was, meeting the eyes of one of her classmates. His name was Julius, if she wasn't mistaken? The Gryffindor girl crossed her arms, glaring at him. "I'm not stupid," she told him. "I know it's dangerous, that's why I was being careful. If it was a normal tree I'd have just been climbing it, don't you think? Not sneaking up towards it quietly and carefully? Because that's not how you climb a tree." She tapped her foot in agitation, nose wrinkling. "So much for quiet, though, thanks for that." She had no clue if 'quiet' mattered when it came to the tree, but it seemed safer to assume it did. Maybe it could sense sound, rather than hear it? It had to have some sort of sense for that, since it could hit things that hadn't yet touched it, and do it on purpose, not just flailing about dramatically and causing an accidental casualty.

spaceShe turned back to face the tree, eyeing it carefully. The commotion didn't seem to've sparked its attention. Good. "Anyway, I'm not getting too close to it. Just close enough to get a good look. I've never seen one before for real, I'd be mad to pass up the chance to actually check it out." She lowered into a crouch, sidling closer to the tree. She wasn't within reach of its branches just yet, but she was getting close. Not that she wanted to actually get within reach, but within an inch would be nice. By her estimations, she had another foot and a half before she was that close. Of course, she could be wrong, but she was generally pretty good at that sort of thing. Being low helped; it would be harder to hit her from up high if she were down low, obviously. She shot an unamused look over her shoulder. "So, like, are you going to come look at it, or are you going to leave me alone? Because my common sense already made your warning moot, so if that's all you've got for me you can go." Gah, being away from home was so freeing! Chrys had manners, but sometimes they were annoying. Stuffy. She kind of hated them, to be honest. When she was being nice to someone she wanted to be nice to, it was one thing. But having to pretend to be nice when she was silently screaming at someone was a pain.

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

murruelecreuset

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:41 pm
User ImageUser Image
Julius Devereux
First Year Slytherin
Family Heir

Julius hadn’t meant to startle her as he spoke. He was just giving out warning. Apparently it was unwarranted… If her body language wasn’t enough then the glare was and her words were definite. He crossed his arms then out of annoyance. “I never said you were.” He replied back. When did he call her stupid? He had better vocabulary then that. Either way it wasn’t like he had come over there to be told off.

It secretly took a lot not to scoff at her being careful. Gryffindor… careful… those two words were not meant to be in the same sentence. “I don’t know too many females who climb trees. I do suppose however that one wouldn’t sneak up to a tree, normally.” He said before adding. “As for whether you are a careful Gryffindor remains to be seen. Can’t say I know too many careful Gryffindors either or Gryffindors in general.” It was true. He however hoped he hadn’t offended her. He didn’t need that either.

Glancing between Chrys and the Whomping Willow, Julius noted that sound certainly didn’t change anything. Like all trees it probably couldn’t hear sounds. Perhaps vibration but he was not an expert. He wasn’t about to go saying he was, that’s for sure. He’d already made up his mind the moment Chrys asked whether he was coming or not. In fact he’d decided it the moment it was mentioned she hadn’t see a real one before. “If you think I’m leaving you’d be mistaken. Not that it concerns me however, I think ‘checking it out’ as you put it, requires reassurance. I’d hate to find out you didn’t make it back to the castle.” He commented the last bit was in part sarcastic and part not. Julius doubted that his parents would find out about him slipping even slightly on his mannerisms. Besides, his brother got away with much worse than a tiny sarcastic remark.

Following after her the Slytherin knew he’d regret it. However, he couldn’t just leave. What if something really did happen? He might as well be partially responsible now that he knew what she was doing. “So, I have a theory if you’re interested.” Julius said casual to her from his spot on the ground. Oh man, the grass stains… Joy.

OCC : - - -

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:15 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxDeadly Tree
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxNo one
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCurious

spaceChrys snorted at the Slytherin, rolling her eyes dramatically. "'I never said you were stupid,'" she mimicked, in her snottiest tone, "'I just told you that the visibly flailing tree was dangerous, as if you didn't have eyes to see it visibly flailing, or a brain to process that information.'" She shot him an unimpressed look. "You don't have to use a word to say something. People say things that mean other things all the time." Seriously, who was he kidding? He'd felt the need to 'warn' her about something that she could see plainly for herself, implying he thought she was too dumb to figure out that it was dangerous on her own.

spaceHer eyes glinted dangerously when he said he didn't know many girls who climbed trees. "That's because it's not 'ladylike'," she said with a snort. "I'm not supposed to, my parents would have a fit. But they're not here to see it, and being ladylike is boring." She huffed. Boys always got to have all the fun. Sher, precious thing that he was, hated dirt and getting dirty, meanwhile she'd roll around in a mud puddle if she could. Guess which one of them got scolded for the grass stains on their knees? Not that Sher didn't get any, he got plenty, because as much as he disliked dirt, he always forgot about it once he started having fun. But he was 'allowed' to get grass stains because 'boys will be boys.' Rubbish. "And are you really resorting to stereotyping the houses? Maybe you're the picture perfect ambitious cunning snothead Slytherin, but if you are, you're the only person I know who actually matches their house the way people act like we should." She looked over her shoulder at him again, clearly unimpressed. "I might be a Gryffindor, but I'm from a family of Ravenclaws. I've been in private tutoring since I was old enough to comprehend a lesson. I'm not stupid, or reckless. I take calculated risks. Just because you're not in my head seeing the math doesn't mean it's not there."

spaceShe bit back the urge to ask if he actually knew any people, period, because that was a level of rude she didn't feel like stooping to. But if this was how he interacted with people, she had to wonder about how many friends he could possibly have. She could be acerbic, sure, but she only responded that way when something was dished at her. She didn't start off with an attitude, she got one when someone was rude to her. Like calling her stupid. Meanwhile he clearly thought he was being the picture of polite, when in fact he was being incredibly insulting. A fact that was only reinforced by his apparent intention to stay, to what? Protect her from herself? Perish the thought. "I'm not a damsel in distress," she told him. "I'll make it back to the castle just fine, thanks, and since you clearly have better things to do, you can go along your way."

spaceShe nearly groaned when he said he had a 'theory', rolling her eyes. She retreated a couple of steps; all the while, she'd been inching closer, but if she was going to have her attention on him instead of the tree, she didn't want to be so close. "Since you're apparently bound and determined to ruin my investigation, let's have it," she told him, crossing her arms. She was honestly hoping to wig him out with how close she was still standing to the tree, with her back to it. She knew for a fact that she wasn't close enough to get hit, but from his vantage it probably didn't look like it. If he was going to annoy her and keep her from accomplishing her goal, she could at least troll him a bit. It wasn't like the tree was going anywhere, she could always come back later... With a friend, so that if Sir White Knight reappeared, she could say she already had a lookout, thanks, and send him on his merry way.

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

murruelecreuset

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:50 pm
User ImageUser Image
Julius Devereux
First Year Slytherin
Family Heir

Julius rolled his eyes as she mimicked his words. So she was going to be like that was she? Chrys was certainly different from his usual acquaintances. The more she talked the more he realized she clearly liked to assume things. Though, perhaps he was equally as guilty in that department. “You’re right. You don’t have to say a word to say something. But, based on that I could easily say you’re reading between the lines. You shouldn’t assume that’s what I was implying. It’s a bad habit to get into.” He replied earnestly.

When Chrys started going on about how it wasn’t ladylike and being ladylike sucked, he smirked. He didn’t know why he did but something about it was amusing. Julius was used to girls being proper or as Chrys called it ladylike. Everyone in his family was that way. That didn’t mean he cared one way or another if a girl acted that way. “Again you’re assuming I’m stereotyping. Like I said I don’t know too many Gryffindors. Therefore I can’t say whether or not all Gryffindors are reckless. I hardly can say one is careful if I don’t know them well enough either.” Julius commented.

“As for whether or not I’m an ambitious cunning snot-head Slytherin, I can assure you I’m only one of those things.” Though, he was sure that Chrys would go with him being a snot-head rather than ambitious. He didn’t care what she thought of him. The moment she mentioned private tutoring, it was Julius’ turn to give an unimpressed look. “You aren’t the only one who was privately tutored.” He said before taking a breath. “I believe you’ve done the math. However, like you said I’m not in your head. For all I know you’ve miscalculated, not saying you did.” He told her adding the last part just to add emphases on the fact that he wasn’t calling her on anything without actually saying it.

“I know you aren’t a damsel in distress. I’m not a knight in shining armor either. Nor do I want to be.” Julius commented. “For the record I was out for a walk, so if you wish to consider that better things to do be my guest.” He added somewhat flatly. Chrys was certainly a handful. Who thought getting someone’s attention by mentioning the dangerous plant she was encroaching on would cause a problem…? He certainly didn’t.

As Julius paid close attention to the Whomping Willow he looked over at Chrys. She might not want him there but he didn’t plan on leaving. So she was interested in the tree. That was fair he supposed. Couldn’t he be interested in why she was interested in a tree? She’d said she’d never seen one before. So… why couldn’t he assume that maybe she didn’t know everything about them? Julius saw no reason why not. “My theory is this tree might sense the vibration around it. So when someone or something gets to close it can sense it and react to it. Thus why it moves around wildly why it get violent.” He told her. “And how am I ruining your investigation? I’m just accompanying you.”

OOC : Sorry this took so long

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:25 am
Well I've never pray
But tonight I'm on my knees, yeah
I need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah
I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now
But the airwaves are clean and there's nobody singing to me now
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕙 𝕐𝕖𝕒𝕣 ℝ𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕝𝕒𝕨 ✦ ℂ𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕒 𝔼𝕟𝕥𝕙𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕒𝕤𝕥 ✦ 𝕋𝕖𝕟𝕠𝕣

Alby walked to the whomping willow with a spring in his step and a surprising absence of anxiety. He was finally proposing to Tiernan today after wrestling with himself on whether it would be the opportune time. And no, despite what he was sure others would say, it was not because her sister had come back from the winter holidays with a ring of her own. Despite what society may think, getting engaged wasn't a race with a finish line to cross. If he were completely honest, the main reason he had been postponing proposing (and wasn't that a tongue twister) had been due to his own perfectionist nature. He hadn't wanted to do it at the beginning of the year since that could come off as trying to rush her, he didn't like the idea of proposing during the Winter because then it sort of overshadowed everything else and he had worked very hard on the cloak he gifted her this year with shimmery star pattern. It had matched her eyes perfectly just like he thought it would. So that left Spring and Summer and since after graduation he had planned on having a total and complete renovation of their home along with her input and of course her name added to the deed. After being officially kicked out (though still not disowned but hilariously they took his access from the family vault as if he didn't have his own by now) he had been given the homestead he'd been staying in since he was fourteen. The elves had had a small party about that. Alby was brought out of his thoughts by the sudden movement of one of the willow's branches causing him to jump back until he was a safe distance. He didn't see the beauty of the plant but he knew Tiernan did so he planned on having a surprise picnic right in view. Having been in torpor most of the colder months the willow was more lively with the warmer weather which he assumed his girlfriend would enjoy. He spread out the thick blanket on the driest section of ground as well as propped open a large umbrella to keep the sun's ray's from directly blinding them. As he was taking out the dishes from the thoroughly packed basket he once again lamented that magic didn't work well around electricity because a small portable radio would've been perfect.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

No change, I can change
I can change, I can change
But I'm here in my mold
I am here in my mold
And I'm a million different people from one day to the next

User Image

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:11 pm
She who walks alone in life, is she of sound mind?
I am only as old as I've been told
Now I'm playing for time
Darling, take me to the lakeside
Wash my body well

𝓉𝒾𝑒𝓇𝓃𝒶𝓃
𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓉
𝓎𝒶𝓍𝓁𝑒𝓎

RAVENCLAW PREFECT │ SEVENTH YEAR │ PUREBLOOD

Tiernan had suspicion(s), plural. She didn't go around hinting, since she considered herself a lady, and ladies didn't hint desperately for a proposal they knew was inevitable. Because it wasn't as if she was worried that Alby wasn't going to propose. Both of them had been raised to expect to marry early and swiftly, so it wasn't as if she had some fear of him making her wait well into her twenties. And it wasn't even that she was determined to be married as soon as possible, although it did grind her gears a bit that Rowan was the first to be engaged. But it would be nice to make it official, since she'd never put much stock in the whole boyfriend-girlfriend thing. That said,
she'd half expected it at Christmas or Valentine's, so she had no real proof he was plotting anything nefarious. However. She had taken special care to dress up, in case this was what she suspected it might be. When she reached the base of the Whomping Willow, her suspicions only heightened, but she didn't let on to it. "Good afternoon," she sang cheerily, although it was unclear if she was addressing the tree or the boy or both.

OOC:
Yukina 101

I am holy now the water's hit me
Broken from your spell
I was on my hands and knees
Bending at the heart of me
We don't know the weight of all the words we say now

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:03 pm
Well I've never pray
But tonight I'm on my knees, yeah
I need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah
I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now
But the airwaves are clean and there's nobody singing to me now

𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕙 𝕐𝕖𝕒𝕣 ℝ𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕝𝕒𝕨 ✦ ℂ𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕒 𝔼𝕟𝕥𝕙𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕒𝕤𝕥 ✦ 𝕋𝕖𝕟𝕠𝕣

Alby turned to the sound of Tiernan's voice with an easy ready grin and very much appreciating her outfit for the occasion. "Good afternoon, lovely. I hope you didn't mind the suddenness of my request but I felt after being stuck indoors for the past few months studying that we deserved a bit of a break. And of course I knew you wouldn't be able to refuse a picnic and a show." he added teasingly offering a hand to her to settle them both down upon the blanket. Once they were settled he placed the platter of finger foods by her and poured them each a cup of hot chocolate from a thermos and placed a weak sticking charm on the bottom of them so they wouldn't accidentally spill with them jostling. "Before I forget, I received a missive from one of the elves, he said your sapling had successfully rooted. Or something to that effect. Should I be wary or just jump straight to fear?" Alby asked with a wry grin though semi serious. Tiernan had the odd, and loveable, ability to see beauty in plants that could otherwise maim or destroy humanity. Case in point, the Whomping Willow.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

No change, I can change
I can change, I can change
But I'm here in my mold
I am here in my mold
And I'm a million different people from one day to the next

User Image

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:40 pm
She who walks alone in life, is she of sound mind?
I am only as old as I've been told
Now I'm playing for time
Darling, take me to the lakeside
Wash my body well

𝓉𝒾𝑒𝓇𝓃𝒶𝓃
𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓉
𝓎𝒶𝓍𝓁𝑒𝓎

RAVENCLAW PREFECT │ SEVENTH YEAR │ PUREBLOOD

Tiernan smiled and took his hand as she settled down onto the blanket. "The tree isn't here for our personal entertainment," she mock-chided him, before glancing up lovingly at the willow. "But she is beautiful this time of year, and so energetic." Spring was her favorite season for a reason. After a long and dour Scottish winter, she was always more than ready to see green again. Besides, being able to go outside without a hat, gloves, scarf, and heavy coat was always a plus. At the news about her sapling, she smiled smugly, clapping her hands together in delight. "I knew he'd do well there. And there's no reason to be afraid... well, so long as he's well maintained... oh, I'll just have to see when we get home." It wasn't really that odd anymore to think of Alby's 'inheritance' as their home, shared. She'd certainly preferred to her own poor excuse for a home, even before she'd left. The Yaxley estate had been beautiful, but cold, with very little room to grow. Any place with Alby in it... was much different.

OOC:
Yukina 101

I am holy now the water's hit me
Broken from your spell
I was on my hands and knees
Bending at the heart of me
We don't know the weight of all the words we say now

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash