Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
Whomping Willow Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:00 am
User Image

( MugglebornFirst Year SlytherinSelf-Proclaimed Mature Preteen ) xx

I doɴ'т мιɴd leттιɴɢ yoυ dowɴ eαѕy вυт jυѕт ɢιve ιт тιмe
                                                        Iғ ιт doɴ'т нυrт ɴow тнeɴ jυѕт wαιт, jυѕт wαιт α wнιle
                                                        Yoυ're ɴoт тнe вιɢ ғιѕн ιɴ тнe poɴd ɴo мore
                                                        Yoυ αre wнαт тнey're ғeedιɴɢ oɴ
                                                        So wнαт αre yoυ ɢoɴɴα do wнeɴ тнe world doɴ'т orвιт αroυɴd yoυ?
                                                        Aιɴ'т ιт ғυɴ lιvιɴɢ ιɴ тнe reαl world? Aιɴ'т ιт ɢood вeιɴɢ αll αloɴe?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

It was the end of winter, though Mina felt a little bit disappointed that it didn't mean that it's going to get warmer sooner or later. Also, she's honestly a bit unhappy that she was back to school because that meant dealing with Sam and some delicate kids. The fact that Lucien went so far to scold her wasn't helping any matters! What's wrong with that? She was sure she wasn't wrong when her classmates were being wimpy as hell and wanted to be coddled by others. But, unlike them, she wasn't one to complain and she could deal with it just fine.

She was viewing the scene of the whomping willow, after she wandered on the castle grounds in the weekend. Mina was always curious about what this school has to offer, and she did fancy going to new places. Even if it meant getting her shoes dirty, that's okay; she did do horseback riding, after all. Of course, Mina won't do anything stupid because she obviously wasn't an idiot. She was honestly tempted to get a closer look, which was what she was doing right now. Don't worry, she would just keep the distance, anyway. And take pictures with this camera she was holding, obviously.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Wнere yoυ're ғroм? Yoυ мιɢнт вe тнe oɴe wнo'ѕ rυɴɴιɴɢ тнιɴɢѕ
                                                        Well, yoυ cαɴ rιɴɢ αɴyвody'ѕ вell тo ɢeт wнαт yoυ wαɴт
                                                        Yoυ ѕee, ιт'ѕ eαѕy тo ιɢɴore тroυвle wнeɴ yoυ're lιvιɴɢ ιɴ α вυввle
                                                        So wнαт αre yoυ ɢoɴɴα do wнeɴ ɴoвody wαɴтѕ тo ғool wιтн yoυ?
                                                        Doɴ'т ɢo cryιɴɢ тo yoυr мαмα
                                                        'Cαυѕe yoυ're oɴ yoυr owɴ ιɴ тнe reαl world

User Image

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - Early Spring 2041xx
                                                        wнere - Nearing (but not too near) the Whomping Willowxxxx
                                                        wιтн - Herself, and her camera
                                                        xxxxxx

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:59 pm
Heart's on fire, leaving all behind
Dark as night, let the lightning guide you
Step outside, gonna step outside, I'm gonna step outside
Heart's on fire in the warming rain
Living life feeding appetites
Stake through every heart stop in the mood.

User Image
ᗩᙖIᘜᗩIᒪ
ᖇOSЄ
ᑕOᗪY

muggleborn │ first year │ hufflepuff

Abby generally preferred to spend her time either exploring the castle, or outside. She liked the Hufflepuff common room, but it was very warm and all the plants and sunshine generally made her pretty drowsy. Naps were great and all, but she had things to do and people to see. She'd been wandering through the slush-mud combination when she spotted someone perilously close to the Whomping Willow, or as she liked to call it, the Murder Tree. "I don't think that's the greatest idea," she called over to the other girl, Mina, a Slytherin who she didn't really know for much of anything besides coming across as fairly uptight and unamused by pretty much everything. "Best case scenario, the Murder Tree breaks your camera. Worst case, it like... eats you."

OOC:
Julian Galaksylph

Being glad, breathing appetite
Broke tooth one day, something's not the same
Blank head, that guy sweep the floor

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:21 am
User Image

Mina was about to take a picture but then looked over her shoulder to see who was calling out for her, only to see some brunette girl from Hufflepuff. Abigail or something. Abigail, unlike Sam and Monet, didn't do anything to annoy Mina so far. So she was pretty much in a blank slate, unless she was like one of those wimpy kids. "I'm an opportunist, not an idiot," the Slytherin called out back, raising an eyebrow at the Hufflepuff's remark of the Whomping Willow "feasting on human flesh". "Abby, right? FYI, the Willow doesn't eat people. Like, where'd you get that info? Sheltered childhood or something?" She asked with amused (yet incredulous) smile as she put down the camera to take this conversation. Abby was either a newbie-type of muggleborn, or just so damn sheltered.

User Image

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        xxxxxx

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:44 am

User Image
ᗩᙖIᘜᗩIᒪ
ᖇOSЄ
ᑕOᗪY

Abby wrinkled her nose. What was 'opportunist' supposed to mean? What was the opportunity here? Get brutally decapitated by a crazy plant? "Okayyyyyyy. Don't blame me when you end up with a hook-hand or something," she said, slipping down the slope. Abby was pretty used to being condescended to. She did have a big sister, after all, and people tended to be pretty patronizing to orphans. 'Oh, you poor thing', and all that. But she'd never really had someone her own age talk to her like that. No one wonder Mina didn't have any friends. She had no idea how to talk to people without coming across as a snob. "FYI," Abby snorted. "I don't think it likes pictures, either. And I'm not from a magical family, if that matters. Didn't know we were supposed to memorize the flora and fauna beforehand." Sure, the tree didn't have a mouth, but it could. Besides, it wasn't her fault the joke had soared over Mina's head.

OOC:
Julian Galaksylph

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:36 am
User Image

Mina wasn't even mad, visibly snorting when Abby simply told her to "not blame her when she mutilate her arm or whatever". She even put down the camera and stuff it from her bag, since it's just hard to not ignore the Hufflepuff. "I'm what the kids call 'too proud to beg'. Let alone die, my life is too valuable for that," she grinned, and by 'kids' she meant her old classmates. "Not that I make troubles or whatever, I'm not like my old classmates back in my old school." Besides, you can't be blamed from whatever trouble if you're never involved in the first place! And the way Abby said about how she wasn't from a magical family as if she was one of those pureblood brats who look down at newbies, which made her snort on the inside. "I don't really give a hair about that, I'm not from a magical family either," she shrugged as she walked towards Abby, thinking that the photography can wait. "But anyway, I thought you'd already know about the Willow by now- we're already past the first semester." But the again, she has Lucien. Let alone having magical adoptive parents.

User Image

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        xxxxxx

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:51 am

User Image
ᗩᙖIᘜᗩIᒪ
ᖇOSЄ
ᑕOᗪY

Abby raised her eyebrows. "Wow." That 'wow' said a lot. She wondered idly if Mina was one of those people who never actually listened to themselves talk, and decided that was probably the case. She had to be an only child. There was no way anyone with siblings to drag them back down to earth would act like this. It wasn't so much that the Slytherin was being nasty on purpose, she just seemed oblivious as to how to hold a conversation without coming across as, well.... a stuck up little priss who thought she was better than everyone else. And she had a funny idea of 'trouble-making' if she thought lurking around the Whomping Willow didn't count. If she was this bad and a muggleborn, imagine what she'd have been like as a snotty pureblood! "I had other things to do first semester than go on a nature tour," Abby snorted. "Like... find all my classes and not get lost in the library stacks."

OOC:
Julian Galaksylph

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:49 am
User Image

Mina felt appreciated when Abby wow'd her sense of pride, which was something to be proud of. Also, the Hufflepuff wasn't cowering of her so that meant that Mina found her as someone that she can hang out with. Her old classmates were either cowering from her like wimps or being plain rude, which was not the kind of people Mina didn't want to have. Tracer may call it "her desperation of wanting friends" but the Slytherin would insist that she just wasn't the type to have "minions for friends". She just wanted someone with an equal spine as her. "Well," She hummed thoughtfully, "You could always ask the prefects, especially Hufflepuff's: They live for helping people without asking in return, just like my cousin Lucien." Not that she had any ill will towards Lucien, but he comes across as someone who would waste his energy on the hopeless. Like his serious Asian bestfriend. And then there's this girl he's dating who looked like she lived her whole life in a depressing village of Alaska. "I mean, I help sometimes when asked but my help isn't free. Just a heads up." Mina shrugged, not having a problem of telling Abby that she's not the most generous person in town. Actually, she did overhear someone expressing their disbelief that she was actually Lucien "Angelito" Markov's cousin.

User Image

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        xxxxxx

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:44 pm
User Image

User Image

s h e ' s x a x k i l l e r x q u e e n , x g u n p o w d e r , x g e l a t i n- - -
h u f f l e p u f f x t h i r d x y e a r ✶
w h o m p i n g x w i l l o w x
m e x m y s e l f x a n d x t h e x w i l l ow ✶
a f t e r x c l a s s
r e s e r v e x c h a s e r ✶

Saffron made her way down to the Whomping Willow, backpack slung over her shoulder, her wand in one hand and her broom in the other. It wasn't likely she'd actually use her broom today, but just in case she had decided to make a move, she brought it for back-up. This was quickly becoming an almost daily ritual. Saf would finish up her classes, gather a few notebooks, her wand, broom and a few pages of notes from either herbology or notes about the tree she had taken herself and sit in the grass and watch the tree move. The intrepid witch desperately wanted to just touch the trunk. She didn't want to cause it arm, she didn't even have to hug it. Just touching the bark beneath the violent branches would be enough to soothe the building desire within her chest. Sure, she knew it was a dangerous and possibly, a nearly impossible feat, but it was something she just couldn't shake.

"Hey, it's me again," Saf told the tree, she had once heard that plants liked to be spoken to, something to do with the carbon dioxide? She wasn't sure, but she figured if she was going to be touched, she'd like to know who she was going to be touched by. Saffron settled into the grass and pulled her notebook out to begin reviewing her notes. They mostly consisted of any repeated patterns within the tree's movements, though there weren't very many. Her hypothesis had been that if there was a pattern, she could memorize it and use it to stealthily dodge the branches to get to the trunk, put a hand against it, and sneak back to safety, with little to no physical damage. But so far, she was unsuccessful. Maybe there was a spell or something? She guessed if there were a spell to slow the Whomping Willow, the teachers might keep it under wraps, just to protect the tree from curious students such as herself. Then again, Saffron was going to touch the tree, whether or not she could get away with it with no consequences. So, she supposed it didn't really matter all that much.

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶- - - - - - - - - - - - d y n a m i t e x w i t h x a x l a s e r b e a mx , g u a r a n t e e d x t o x b l o w x y o u r x m i n d x a n y t i m e- - - - - - - - - - - -✶ ✶ ✶ ✶

Cara MiaKitty

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:01 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                              тнιѕ ιѕ нow ιт worĸѕ, yoυ're yoυng υnтιl yoυ're noт
                                              yoυ love υnтιl yoυ don'т, yoυ тry υnтιl yoυ can'т
                                              yoυ laυgн υnтιl yoυ cry, yoυ cry υnтιl yoυ laυgн
                                              and everyone мυѕт вreaтнe υnтιl тнeιr dyιng вreaтн

spaceWhile Roland wasn't necessarily as opposed to cold weather as, say, his sister, he still couldn't say he was overly fond of it. Therefore, it seemed like a good idea to take advantage of the outdoors before the air shifted from the autumn chill to a proper winter freeze. It was, thankfully, rather nice out today, which was a rare thing this late in the season. Autumns tended to get rather wet, and he was not a fan of rain. He was, in fact, not looking forward to eventually having to play Quidditch in such conditions. Ivy had told him about her last game when she'd been in school, which had taken place during a torrential downpour. Apparently, Quidditch did not wait for fair weather. She'd won that game, despite being a horrible seeker. Roland wondered if it was because the poor weather couldn't make her any poorer, and had simply brought her opponent down to her level. This was, however, a theory he would not be sharing with anyone, except perhaps Joel, so they could laugh about it.

spaceThat was all consideration for another day, however, because today there was neither a Quidditch game, nor rain, and he was grateful for at least one of those things (he was more neutral than anything on the subject of Quidditch, if only because he was not in fact on first string, and therefore not yet able to be excited about games). He was bundled up, of course, because Autumn was only slightly warmer than Winter, particularly this late in the season. But it wasn't snowing yet, and the crisp fall air was pleasant, if not warm. A tour of the castle grounds seemed in order.

spaceAs he walked, he spotted a somewhat familiar head of red hair. Pausing, he debated for a long moment, several paces behind her, wondering what she was doing. He thought he heard her say something, but didn't quite catch what it was. Drumming up his courage, he finally approached, moving slightly out so that he would be in the range of her peripheral vision and hopefully not startle her. She seemed very intent on something... The Whomping Willow, presumably. He was fairly certain that his sister and Vio had met at the Willow. Or maybe not met, exactly, since they were in the same year. Apparently the willow was quite popular.
                                              "Did you... talk to the tree?" he asked, as inoffensively as possible. If anything, his tone was mildly curious. Although, he supposed if you were going to talk to something, a potentially semi-sentient tree made more sense than, say, a chair. Or a normal, non-semi-sentient tree. He wasn't really sure about the level of sentience of various plantlifes, to be honest. He tried to pay attention in Herbology but it was rather difficult when he was trying not to piss the professor off by breathing wrong on a leaf or something.

no, тнιѕ ιѕ нow ιт worĸѕ, yoυ peer ιnѕιde yoυrѕelғ
                                              yoυ тaĸe тнe тнιngѕ yoυ lιĸe and тry тo love тнe тнιngѕ yoυ тooĸ
                                              and тнen yoυ тaĸe тнaт love yoυ мade and ѕтιcĸ ιт ιnтo ѕoмe
                                              ѕoмeone elѕe'ѕ нearт, pυмpιng ѕoмeone elѕe'ѕ вlood

wнere - The Willow
                                              wнen - Late Fall 2046
                                              wιтн - Saffron
                                              - ooc -
                                              blah blah blah

rawwry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:20 pm
User Image

User Image

s h e ' s x a x k i l l e r x q u e e n , x g u n p o w d e r , x g e l a t i n- - -
r o l a n d x
a f t e r x c l a s s

Saffron chewed her bottom lip intently, eyebrows furrowed as she watched one brave, or maybe stupid, pigeon land on a branch and then almost immediately be flicked in another direction by the tree. She definitely didn't want that to happen to her. She blinked her focus away from the tree at the sound of approaching footsteps. Hopefully it wasn't a professor coming to scold her about being "too close to the Whomping Willow" even though she was almost certain she was out of its reach. She looked up with a smile on her face, trying to play off her clear deviance as just blissful curiosity. Saf was pleased to see it was Roland, a fellow reserve player for the quidditch team, rather than someone who had come to chastise at her, "I did! I read somewhere that talking to plants was beneficial. Or maybe someone told me that? I guess it doesn't really matter. I figured the Willow may be a bit lonely, because everyone's avoiding it like the plague, you know?" Saffron shrugged and then patted the ground next to her, inviting him to sit if he'd like.

And then a thought popped into her mind: maybe she should recruit some help? It might be easier to distract the tree if there was more than one moving target. She had learned that when researching spies, and by researching, she meant watching a ton of James Bond movies and by the tree, she meant gunmen. Saffron glanced around for any possible eavesdroppers, after deciding she could probably trust Roland with her plans. Even if he didn't want to participate, maybe he wouldn't tell anyone about it. And if he did? Would anyone actually believe that a student had actually spent as much time as she did watching the tree just to touch it? Particularly her? It wasn't likely.
"I thought that if I spent enough time with the tree, it might get used to me or not feel threatened by me? You know, like when zoologists just sit with the animals they're studying so they grow accustomed to them? That's what I'm trying to do," Saf glanced around again, ""Cause I really want to touch the trunk. I swear, I wouldn't do anything harmful or something like that, I just want to touch it and run away. Just to say I did it," Saffron confessed, feeling as if she had just been through an interrogation, when in reality, Roland had only asked her one question and it was relatively vague.

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶- - - - - - - - - - - - d y n a m i t e x w i t h x a x l a s e r b e a mx , g u a r a n t e e d x t o x b l o w x y o u r x m i n d x a n y t i m e- - - - - - - - - - - -✶ ✶ ✶ ✶

Cara MiaKitty

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:47 pm
User ImageUser Image

spaceCuriosity piqued, Roland took his teammate's invitation and settled on the ground next to her, thankful he wasn't currently wearing his uniform pants. Although, he had more than one pair, obviously, and it wasn't as though there were stains the House-Elves couldn't get out. That's who he assumed did the laundry, anyway. He'd certainly never noticed a communal laundry room or anything, nor had he been told where or when to do his own washing. He considered Saffron's theory on the tree and its lack of social interaction, bringing his knees up in front of him to have somewhere to rest his chin. "If plants can be lonely," he began thoughtfully, "then I imagine it would be. Lonely, that is. Very much so. Unless..." He glanced at the grass around them, contemplating. "Well, there's a lot of grass. If it can keep company with people, it can keep company with grass, right?"

spaceNot the most logical of leaps, but there was, in a sense, some logic to it, if you squinted. Roland had always been very good at squinting and seeing odd things from odd angles. His older siblings all spent rather a lot of time scratching their heads while he tried to explain something clearly enough for them to follow his line of thought. "Everyone doesn't avoid it, though, if it makes you feel better," he said. "Or, well. I just know my sister met her wife, officially I mean, at the willow. Ivy's a bit of a daredevil, I guess. Wanted to touch it, and Vio saw her and joined in. I think Ivy probably fell in love with her right then. Didn't expect the snooty-seeming Slytherin to do something so daring, or something. Impressed her." He grinned softly. Ivy and Vio seemed very different, on the surface, with Ivy being all harsh edges and loud and brash, and Vio being much more refined, quieter, softer. But Ivy was a total softie under all that prickly exterior, and Vio had a core of steel. They complemented one another very nicely.

spaceSaffron's intention to also touch the tree, which he thought was interesting. He wondered how many people over the years had made such an attempt. He'd guess probably at least one person a year tried it. It seemed like a done thing, after all, if you were brave enough (and perhaps a little stupid, but then, being a little stupid was fun sometimes).
                                              "I always wonder how much more, um, sentient? the magical plants are, than normal ones," he mused. "It'd have to have something like a brain to be able to get used to a certain person, right? But maybe it does." He watched the limbs, moving somewhat lazily in the breeze, except when a particularly strong wind ruffled its leaves and made it lash out. "I wonder if Ivy ever actually managed to touch it," he said quietly. "She never said. Just talked about Vio. They're disgustingly in love." He said disgustingly, but actually he found it very admirable. His mum and dad had certainly never been that affectionate with one another. Or, not in his memory, anyway. "I could probably ask her. Maybe she has some tips," he offered. He didn't like the idea of Saffron getting hurt. So her having as much information as possible would be beneficial.

wнere - The Willow
                                              wнen - Late Fall 2046
                                              wιтн - Saffron
                                              - ooc -
                                              blah blah blah

rawwry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:17 pm
User Image

User Image

r o l a n d x
a f t e r x c l a s s

Saffron squinted hard at the tree, as if it would help her see something new that she could exploit. She frowned slightly, she didn't want anything to be lonely, even if it was just a plant. She understood that some people liked to spend time on their own, but taking a moment to recharge was a lot different than being genuinely lonely, which was what she assumed the Whomping Willow must be. Who would want to lay against a tree to read when its name literally had the word "whomping" in it? "But do you think the grass is the same? Like, the tree has to have some capacity to...think? I guess? So would the grass too? Or is there some kind of secret plant language?" she theorized, "I don't think I'd even dare ask Professor Hill that question, though. He'd give me a week's detention just for pure stupidity," Saf grimaced. Professor Hill was generally the most difficult staff member to get along with, not that Saffron hadn't tried. She'd done almost everything she could think of to make him soften up a bit. Apples, strawberries, chocolates, none of those seemed to make him more open. As discouraging as it was, Saf figured if she couldn't do it, then he was doomed to an eternity of being a grumpy-pants.

"That does make me feel a bit better. I think the tree just deserves an encouraging pat, so that it knows it is appreciated. If it can know that," Saffron said, she really treasured every time she was given praise, even if it was the passing "Well done, Saffron," or the "nice steal!", it made her feel better. "Aw, that's sweet! I think that's a great way to meet your wife," Saffron flushed light shade of pink, that'd be an ideal way to meet her future wife. Or just hang out with Amy. Or anyone. Or a male. Boy. Husband. Whatever.

Saf looked back toward the tree, sizing it up for what must have been the hundredth time,
"I reckon it's gotta have some way of thinking for itself, even if it's a very primal instinct, there's something there, right? She pursed her lips, the one thing that she did know, was that she was going to touch this tree before the end of her Hogwarts career, preferably very soon."Oh! Could you? I've taken loads of notes on it, but I'm still not sure the safest way to go about it," Saffron said, showing her notes to Roland, "I'm not super worried about getting hurt, more worried that if I do get hurt, someone will investigate and track it back to the tree and get me in more trouble. But if I can get away mostly uninjured? No one would even suspect a thing!" It wasn't the most sound plan, but it was the only one she had. Though, if she got into too much trouble she might not be allowed to play quidditch, which she really enjoyed doing. She'd just have to find out.

Cara MiaKitty

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:56 pm
User ImageUser Image

spaceRoland shrugged. He didn't think his theories were any more valid than hers, exactly, but that didn't mean he agreed with her. For all he knew, they were both crazy. He'd actually like to run some of this by an expert, but he had no desire whatsoever if the expert was Professor Hill. "Talking to plants is supposed to help even if they're not magic, though, right? So there's gotta be some... I dunno, some awareness, there. And I figure grass is a lot closer to the willow than we are. Plus, their roots are all... you know, they're all in the ground." He shrugged, as if this explanation made sense. He didn't really know how to make it make more sense, though. It was hard to put words to what he was thinking in his head sometimes. He did grin when she echoed his thought about not wanting to talk to the Herbology professor about it. "Maybe we can ask around, see if anyone else on staff would know," he suggested. "I mean, it's probably a longshot. But there's always a chance he's not the only one who knows stuff about plants, right?"

spaceHe hummed, pleased that his assertion that the willow wasn't left alone all the time made her happy. And there was something really nice about her wanting to make sure the tree knew it was appreciated, if a bit odd. But then again, from what he recalled, that was sort of the whole theme of their house, right? He wrinkled his nose, in a move not entirely unreminiscent of his sister, when Saf called Ivy and Vio sweet. "I always thought it sounded like something on the telly," he mused. "Like it was written in a script. Enter, stage left. VIO, precocious and curious young Slytherin, spots IVY, obnoxious daredevil Gryffindor, attempting to make contact with THE WHOMPING WILLOW." He wondered if the all-caps was audible in his tone. He liked to think he conveyed it. Then again he didn't even know if Saf knew what a telly was.

spaceHe watched the willow curiously, thinking on her words. He couldn't tell if it was thinking, exactly, or just responding to its environment.
                                              "Maybe it's like a Venus Flytrap?" he asked. "I don't really know how they work. I think they have nerves? Or something? Uh... there's something about, about electrical impulses, or something. I think." He felt his cheeks and ears heat, mumbling, "I don't really know much about it." Well, he wasn't an expert. He just liked to read, and he read a lot of interesting things. He'd never been especially interested in plants, but Venus Flytraps were way more interesting than normal plants. Although, compared to the willow, he guessed they were just normal plants. He frowned slightly. "D'ya ever wonder what the difference is, between magic plants and not-magic ones? Or animals, even? I know some of it's kinda obvious, but. How's the willow any different than a venus flytrap? Are they actually different at all?" Damn, now he really needed a plant expert. Or a book written by one, at least.

spaceHe nodded his assent when she took him up on the offer to ask Ivy and Vio about the tree. He'd like to avoid hurting the tree, too, if at all possible. After all, there was only so much you could sacrifice in the name of scientific research. He grimaced slightly.
                                              "Plus, even if you didn't get hurt, Professor Hill might kill you," he said, only half-joking. He didn't actually think the grumpy man was capable of hurting someone, because people who were generally didn't feel the need to broadcast it. But he sure as hell made a convincing argument. "I'll ask them. I write to them once a week, anyway, but sometimes I don't have much to say. This'll just give me an actual conversation topic besides 'classes are okay, quidditch is fun, see you for the holidays.'" Plus, Ivy would be glad he was making more friends. He liked Lucas, obviously, and he wasn't lonely by any means. But Ivy had always had a ton of friends, so her little brother having only one made her anxious. He figured if he had more names to mention in letters, she'd relax a little.

wнere - The Willow
                                              wнen - Late Fall 2046
                                              wιтн - Saffron
                                              - ooc -
                                              blah blah blah

rawwry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:39 pm
User Image

User Image

r o l a n d x
a f t e r x c l a s s

Saffron hummed softly, taking his words into consideration. She supposed she hadn't thought about it that way. She guessed that plants could all have some sort of sentience, because they were living and reacted to their surroundings, but wasn't that just science? But then again, science was what made human beings and animals sentient, so...fair enough. "Well, I guess their roots could be touching or something. Then the tree would get loads of tiny, little appreciation pats on a daily basis." She said, that could be nice, she supposed. But what if the tree didn't like the constant attention from grass? Would it be upset if she tried to touch it as well? No, probably not. Most people liked her anyway. And if they didn't, well, she wouldn't know. No one had ever said anything to her. And unless that knot on the tree suddenly cracked open and formed a mouth to say no, she was going to tap the tree. "Do you think any of them will give us a genuine answer? Getting near the Whomping Willow isn't exactly encouraged. Maybe there's something in "Hogwarts: A History"? It's been a hot second since I've opened that book." Saf had a habit of after completing a course, never looking at the coursework, or textbook, again, but instead shoving it into the highest shelf in her closet and forgetting about it until it was time to put more coursework in there.

Saffron smiled as Roland spoke, setting the scene for his sister and her wife to meet as if it were a script.
"It is a bit of a "meet cute". Real rom-com material," She giggled lightly. Saf wondered briefly what her ideal "meet cute" would be, like, if there was a writer who wrote a script to her life, how would they write her meeting her future partner. Would it be one of those, meet in class, form a friendship with loads of mutual pining until one or the other couldn't help it and confess? Or would it be in the library, where Saffron accidentally bumped into someone and drops all of her books and scrambles to pick them up with her face all red because she was embarrassed. That one, though, seemed a bit less likely, she hardly ever carried enough books at the same time to be too worried about dropping a stack of them on someone's feet. "I wonder if the Whomping Willow is capable of love?" She asked aloud, "Like, if there is sentience enough to feel appreciated - like I hope there is - d'you think it could feel a preference to certain people, at the very least?"

"I think it has to, otherwise my attempt at gaining its trust would be useless,"
She concluded after a moment of thinking about it. A Venus Flytrap? That brought her back to science, with Roland's mention of electrical impulses. "No, but that makes sense. Because most of our like bodily functions or responses or something is all based on nerves snapping? I don't think that's the right word, but, like the electrical impulses part, that's how nerves work or something?" Saffron looked around, looking for a pebble in the grass. She picked it up, "Like, a reflex or something? Like, when the doctor hits your knee to see how quickly your body reacts?" Saf squinted at the tree before throwing the pebble close enough to the tree to get it to react, but not actually hit the tree. "See? It has reflexes, so it has to have at least enough consciousness to defend itself or react." Saf shrugged, "I feel like the Venus Flytrap is the closest non-magical plant to magical plants, solely because it can react and snap shut. But I guess they may not be that different? I feel like normal plants react to their surroundings? So kind of similar to magic plants," Saffron hadn't really anticipated thinking too hard about plants today, but she welcomed the change of pace. Although, she did feel as if she were contradicting herself a lot. She guessed it were good though, because with new information, she could develop a more informed opinion.

Saffron cracked another grin at the mention of Professor Hill killing her, he wouldn't do that. Probably. Hopefully.
"Maybe he'd thank us for keeping his plant company," She said as a joke, "Probably not, though. He didn't even say thank you when I brought him some chocolate covered strawberries for Christmas," Saf frowned slightly. She usually tried to bring gifts to the professors before the break. Not really to bribe them or anything, but to thank them and wish them happy holidays. Last year happened to be chocolate covered strawberries that she had talked a few house elves into letting her make. Well, really, they made them as she handed them cleaned strawberries. It was the thought that counted, though. "I guess I could ask my mum, but she's a magizoologist so I'm not sure how much help she would be. Also, she'd probably tell me not to touch it. But she might know the difference in the mental capacity between magical and non-magical animals?" She offered. She supposed, worse comes to worst, she could actually go and do a long and deep search in the library for as much information as she could gather before making the first attempt of touching the tree. But, if there was a way to avoid loads of research on top of her classes? That would be the way to go.

Cara MiaKitty

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:38 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Beside the Willow
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Flik the Bowtruckle
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Reading
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? His little feet feel weird

Aspen was outside by the whomping willow while she alternated between reading a book on bowtruckles and moving Flik off the pages. The tiny bowtruckle kept climbing on the pages to investigate the pictures, screeching at every other page. Aspen kept laughing, gently scooping up the little critter and moving him whenever she had to turn pages. She moved her hair back, sighing softly in the cool autumn air. "Flik, hon, you've gotta stop yelling at the pictures. They're not.... actual bowtruckles, bub." She giggled a bit, watching as he crawled over and around her fingers.

addaellis

Hᴇʏ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴡɪʟᴅꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ, ɢʀᴏᴡɪɴ' ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴsʜɪɴᴇ, sᴏᴀᴋɪɴ' ᴜᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴏꜰ ʟɪꜰᴇ I ᴡᴀs ʀᴀɪsᴇᴅ ɪɴ
          Rᴜɴɴɪɴ' ʙᴀʀᴇꜰᴏᴏᴛ, ʙʟᴏᴏᴍɪɴ' ɪɴ ᴀ sᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ sʜᴏᴡᴇʀ, ᴘᴏɴʏᴛᴀɪʟ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴ', I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘ ɪᴛ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴡɪʟᴅꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ
          Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴄᴏᴛᴛᴏɴ ᴅʀᴇss ʜᴀɴɢɪɴ' ɪɴ ᴍʏ sɪsᴛᴇʀs ᴄʟᴏsᴇᴛ. I ᴛʜɪɴᴋ I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʙᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇᴀʀ ɪᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴇᴇᴋᴇɴᴅ
          Pᴀɪɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ᴛᴏᴇs, ʙᴏᴜɢʜᴛ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴄʜᴇʀʀʏ ʟɪᴘ ɢʟᴏss. ɴᴏ ʀᴏsᴇ, ɴᴏ ᴅᴀɪsʏ, ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ɢᴏᴛ
          I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ ɴᴇᴇᴅs ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ sᴜɴ, ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ, ᴀɴ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ꜰɪᴇʟᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴘʟᴀʏ

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff