Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
Whomping Willow Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:09 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

second year || Slytherin || pureblood

Usually Wren thought just looking at the Whomping Willow was tiring. If he was a plant, he certainly wouldn’t pick one that had to move. But his annoying older cousins were practicing with plants at Wren’s usual reading spot by the greenhouses, so Wren was relocating. By the screeching that was going on not far away though, this was going to be no better a place. Dunce, Wren's orange tabby cat, decided that the screeching warranted exploration. Soon, she found a girl and bowtruckle and put a paw on the book, mewing pitifully.

”Ignore her bullshit, she’s been fed,” Wren said, appearing not far behind. Dunce was now staring up at the bowtruckle with wide eyes, watching the little creature. Wren gave his housemate a lazy wave before pulling a puzzle box back out of his pocket and apparently turning his attention to that.

Aspen Hill was...well, Wren seemed to get along with her anyways. Brilliantat herbology and all things plant-- and this bowtruckle was just another indication of that. He’d considered getting her opinions on useful garden plants, but had been too lazy to actually ask. She always got potions ingredients for him when he told her to though. And she always passed the pepper or dishes at feasts. He had wondered last year if she might make a good fetch minion. Like a house elf, but much prettier. Then over the summer he’d been found out that house elves weren’t the only magical creatures that followed directions. ”Hey Aspen, since you’re here, I wanted to test a theory. Hand me that book.”

setting On the grounds outside the Whomping Willow || with Aspen, her bowtruckle, his cat
wearing sweater + jeans || status On the subject of magical creatures...

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow
✧✦
"The Hollow Men" by T.S. Elliot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:08 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Beside the Willow
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Flik the Bowtruckle
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Reading
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? His little feet feel weird

Aspen continued with her very interrupted reading, looking up only when a small orange cat wandered over. Aspen was pretty sure she'd met this cat, but Flik sure hadn't. The bowtruckle stepped forward to investigate the animal, starting by raking his long fingers along the cat's nose.... then screaming at him. Aspen grinned at this interaction, quickly dropping to a frown when a voice spoke up. She looked up to see Wren Winchester standing there, looking for all the world like he didn't know what a smile was.

She reached out a hand to softly pet the cat, humming once. "She's very sweet, and it seems like Flik likes her." She watched as the bowtruckle in mention scooted forward, stepping on the cat's nose as he climbed aboard. "What's her name?" Aspen looked over at the dark haired boy, gently petting the cat.

When Wren mentioned testing a theory, Aspen looked up, her interest piqued. He told her to hand him her book and the girl looked down at it. Did he know? Maybe he found out through Laurel or perhaps Nim.... She held out the book, narrowing her eyes while she studied the other Slytherin. "Here. It's on bowtruckles. But if you lose my page I'm gonna kick your arse here to the greenhouse."

addaellis

Hᴇʏ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴡɪʟᴅꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ, ɢʀᴏᴡɪɴ' ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴsʜɪɴᴇ, sᴏᴀᴋɪɴ' ᴜᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴏꜰ ʟɪꜰᴇ I ᴡᴀs ʀᴀɪsᴇᴅ ɪɴ
          Rᴜɴɴɪɴ' ʙᴀʀᴇꜰᴏᴏᴛ, ʙʟᴏᴏᴍɪɴ' ɪɴ ᴀ sᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ sʜᴏᴡᴇʀ, ᴘᴏɴʏᴛᴀɪʟ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴ', I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘ ɪᴛ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴡɪʟᴅꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ
          Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴄᴏᴛᴛᴏɴ ᴅʀᴇss ʜᴀɴɢɪɴ' ɪɴ ᴍʏ sɪsᴛᴇʀs ᴄʟᴏsᴇᴛ. I ᴛʜɪɴᴋ I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʙᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇᴀʀ ɪᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴇᴇᴋᴇɴᴅ
          Pᴀɪɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ᴛᴏᴇs, ʙᴏᴜɢʜᴛ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴄʜᴇʀʀʏ ʟɪᴘ ɢʟᴏss. ɴᴏ ʀᴏsᴇ, ɴᴏ ᴅᴀɪsʏ, ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ɢᴏᴛ
          I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ ɴᴇᴇᴅs ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ sᴜɴ, ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ, ᴀɴ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ꜰɪᴇʟᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴘʟᴀʏ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:58 am

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

”Dunce,” Wren replied, watching his cat and Aspen’s bowtruckle get along. ”What she is anyways.” Dunce mewed in response the bowtruckle’s screeching and blinked when he wandered up her nose. After a moment of confusion, Dunce seemed quite alright with the creature sitting on her head and went back to walking around, searching for food.

Wren made silent note of the smile he’d caught--the dropped smile could mean any number of things, but if she wasn’t telling him to leave, then he wasn’t going to worry about it. He raised an eyebrow when she insisted he not lose her page. ”Oh just that? Sure, stay right there. Don’t move. Tell me about yourself. What’s your mum like? You know, because I know your dad already.”

He took a few steps away as he spoke, until he was well out of kicking reach but not too far to talk. With a glance at the page number, he listened carefully to whatever Aspen had for him and made sure she hadn't moved to follow before moving on.

”About this book. You don’t mind if I fold the pages right?” He folded the page as though marking it, then paused before ripping it out. ”Or even rip it?” He chucked the book back over. ”Tear a page out yourself.”

setting On the grounds outside the Whomping Willow || with Aspen, her bowtruckle, his cat
wearing sweater + jeans || status How far can I take this?

Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow
✧✦

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:06 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Flik the Bowtruckle
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Reading
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? His little feet feel weird

Aspen clicked her tongue when Wren mentioned the name of his kitty. "Poor kitty, having such a mean name." She pet the cat's chin once more, watching as she wandered away with Flik sitting on her head. After handing over her book, Wren pulled a mischievous smile. Aspen narrowed her eyes, watching the boy. He quickly told her to stay put, then asked about herself, followed by her mum. "I mean... I'm the eldest of four girls, I've got a twin.... um... my mum's very.... natural. Like you thought dad loves plants..." There... that kinda worked.

She wondered why he was stepping back, thinking the sun might be shining in his eyes. He didn't exactly strike her as someone who liked to sit around in the sunshine. He spoke again, this time referencing the book he was now holding. He mentioned folding the pages and her eyes went wide. "You better not!" The brunette was halfway to pushing into a stand before she watched in horror as Wren ripped a page out of the book. Time froze as he threw the book at her, the cover landing softly in the grass. He told her to tear out a page, but the very thought sent fire through her veins. A low, gutteral growl emanated from the girl. She grabbed the book and jumped to her feet, hurrying to whack the boy with the hardcover. "My dad bought me that, you arse! Why would you do that?! Someont should teach you some manners! Ugh!" She set a hand on her temple, a headache starting to form. Stupid Wren.

addaellis

Hᴇʏ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴡɪʟᴅꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ, ɢʀᴏᴡɪɴ' ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴsʜɪɴᴇ, sᴏᴀᴋɪɴ' ᴜᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴏꜰ ʟɪꜰᴇ I ᴡᴀs ʀᴀɪsᴇᴅ ɪɴ
          Rᴜɴɴɪɴ' ʙᴀʀᴇꜰᴏᴏᴛ, ʙʟᴏᴏᴍɪɴ' ɪɴ ᴀ sᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ sʜᴏᴡᴇʀ, ᴘᴏɴʏᴛᴀɪʟ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴ', I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘ ɪᴛ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴡɪʟᴅꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ
          Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴄᴏᴛᴛᴏɴ ᴅʀᴇss ʜᴀɴɢɪɴ' ɪɴ ᴍʏ sɪsᴛᴇʀs ᴄʟᴏsᴇᴛ. I ᴛʜɪɴᴋ I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʙᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇᴀʀ ɪᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴇᴇᴋᴇɴᴅ
          Pᴀɪɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ᴛᴏᴇs, ʙᴏᴜɢʜᴛ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴄʜᴇʀʀʏ ʟɪᴘ ɢʟᴏss. ɴᴏ ʀᴏsᴇ, ɴᴏ ᴅᴀɪsʏ, ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ɢᴏᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:53 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

Very natural. That could mean she’s a nymph…. Or just an herbologist. Still nothing concrete; for all he knew, she could just be cooperative. And from the careful eye he was keeping on how she moved after being told not to--probably that. In an instant she was rushing over, smacking him with the book.

”Oww” he whined, more pathetically than he meant. ”Alright, jeez you don’t have to get all violent about it.”he muttered, snatching the book away before she could hit him again. He lined the torn page carefully back up to its proper spot before pulling his wand out and muttering a familiar ”Reparo.”.

He glanced up and to find Aspen’s hand on her temple and rolled his eyes. ”Calm down,” he told her, not really registering that it was a command too. ”It’s nothing magic can’t fix.” And after checking the cover for scratches and pulling a bit of dirt off the edge, he handed it back to her. ”I thought you might be half nymph or half elf or something. How boring.”

He moved away again, lest she hit him again.

wearing sweater + jeans || status Blah, that was anticlimactic.

Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow
✧✦

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:24 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Wren, Flik, Dunce
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Arguing
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? He's gonna figure me out

After hitting him with the book, Wren grabbed it away again, this time putting the page back in place before drawing his wand. She briefly debated on doing the same, but she relaxed a bit when he simply repaired the book. She looked away, rubbing her thumb into her temple. Her head always started swimming when she ignored direct commands. "I'm not being violent, you're being a prat. You deserved it." The girl sighed softly, letting her tense shoulders drop a bit.

Wren calmly handed back the book, then mentioned her being a half nymph or elf. How would he know? She didn't think Nim would tell him, and she knew Laurel wouldn't.... Maybe he was just that good at picking up clues? "Why... why would you think that? It's not like you really know me, do you?" Her voice was more defensive than she had intended, but it was too late to stop now. Luckily she didn't have any glaring features of a nymph. If her skin started turning into bark her cover would be pretty much blown. She crossed her arms, curling in a bit. Hopefully he wouldn't press further, but knowing Wren.... well....

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:58 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

When it didn’t look like Aspen was going to hit him again, Wren shrugged and went back to apparently fiddling with his puzzle box. He was glad she wasn’t angry at least, but he didn’t think she’s react so...meekly. ”Crazy good with plants, always do what I tell you to even if you’re snarky about it, and pretty. Elves aren’t pretty though.“ He glanced up with an ambivalent sort of stare. ”I assumed you had a nice singing voice, but asking you to sing to a plant wouldn’t have been as entertaining as watching you squirm over your book.”

He glanced up again, and saw her arms crossed. He’d have understood anger, or curiousity at being accused of being half magical creature, but this wasn’t like any of that. Sure he and Aspen hadn’t talked much last year, but Wren paid more attention than the average person seemed to. He just thought he’d stumbled upon something interesting. But Aspen didn’t need to know that, and with a few moments to ponder what her reaction meant, he decided to reply with a small lie instead. ”Maybe not. But maybe I thought you were particularly interesting and wanted to know.”

wearing sweater + jeans || status What's the big deal?

Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow
✧✦

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:42 am
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? He's gonna figure me out

Aspen pulled her book close, cradling it against her chest. After asking for his logic, Wren provided several good reasons...... then mentioned she was pretty. Stupid dumb Wren. Aspen tilted her head downward, not wanting to show the flush of color that curled up on her cheeks. "C-can you blame me for being good with plants? You've met my dad. And... and I don't always do what you tell me!" He added that he assumed she was a good singer, and the girl remembered how Nim had discovered her secret last year. "I can sing, yea... but it's not something you'll ever hear!"

Several moments seemed to pass, time either going way too slow or way too fast, Aspen couldn't tell. Finally, the dark haired boy spoke, mentioning he thought her particularly interesting. What did that mean?! Aspen looked over at him, a steely glare set as her expression. "Just because you think I'm interesting doesn't mean you can offer wild accusations, Wren. But... thank you. For saying that, I mean." She glanced away from him, feeling the warmth curl back into her cheeks. Hopefully she'd deflected his thoughts of her being a nymph for now. If not.... well, what harm would come from one more person knowing? It wasn't like she was screaming about her dad's lycanthropy, after all....

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:58 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

Wren gave his companion a raised eyebrow as she stuttered over her excuses. Honestly? Good. He had enough singing at home. Granted Sparrow didn’t make plants grow with her singing like a nymph might, but it seemed that his theory had been off anyways. Well...maybe. He scratched Dunce’s ear and nodded at the bowtruckle perched on her. He quite liked bowtruckles after one had bitten August over the summer. Not enough to get one himself, but as a species as a whole was a positive in his book. ….Bowtruckles weren't nymph-exclusive either.

”Yes, but I also don’t see Professor Hill dancing around with flowers in his hair and shy little bowtruckles hanging off him.” Now that image was as amusing as it was unsettling. He yawned a little and dropped the topic in his head. Welp. Guess that was wrong.

Aspen seemed perfectly steel when she rebuked him for throwing wild accusations. But then she looked away. He made a sound a little too much like a snicker--Was she...blushing? Hah! This was too much fun.

”Speaking of flowers in Professor Hill’s hair though, you had these really cool flowers that bloomed green when you were sorted into Slytherin.” He assumed that the regular flower or twig in her hair was just plant aesthetic, but that particular incident stuck out. There were robes and clothes and he’d even found hair clips that turned the sorted color, of course, but he hadn’t found living things that changed like that. If that wasn’t nymph magic, then it had to be a kind of magic he could do. It’d be cool to build something like that. Like a living, growing puzzle box. ”That just growth potion and a green flower then I guess? You were just that sure you were going to be in Slytherin, huh.”

wearing sweater + jeans || status That flower still bothers me.

Edit: Small edit to speech and just a clarifying line for his internal narrative. Definitely supposed to be a deescalate move gone wrong XD

Miss GryffindorK

Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow
✧✦

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:11 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Dad's gonna kill me

Aspen clucked her tongue softly, hoping Wren would just drop this whole mess and leave her alone for now. Unfortunately, after bringing her dad into the thought brought Wren proving more points. It was true her dad wouldn't ever wear flowers in his hair, except when the girls had been very young and found it hilarious. But never in class! "Well, no, but he's also a grown man, not a twelve-year-old girl. So it's... different."

When she'd turned away to blush, her ears twitched at Wren's little snicker. Arse. After a second, he mentioned Jason again, this time mentioning the flowers she'd pinned in her hair the day she sorted. "I did, yes. I always have flowers in my hair, though, so what's the argument here?" Unfortunately, he continued, ribbing her with the fact that it would've almost had to be nymphic magic. The brunette sighed heavily, pinching the bridge of her nose in much the way her dad did. "Alright, alright. Shut up, Winchester. Just. Agh!" Her foot tapped impatiently, the girl worried what would happen if she admitted this to Wren. "Look, you can't tell anyone, got it? And if you do, and I'll know if you do, I will see to it that you're walking around with a broken nose."

The girl pointed her finger over at Wren, a stern frown on her lips. "Alright, it's not advanced magic, nor did I secretly dump potions in my hair. That would be messy." She sighed, wondering if he was trying to throw her off track or possibly trying to fold.... but given he was a Slytherin (and a very bossy one at that), she wasn't sure what to make of the sudden change. Glancing around for any possible sign of her dad or any of her sisters, she ran a hand through her hair. She picked up a small flower nearby, offering it out to Wren. With a bit of focus, the wilted looking plant perked up and flufffed out, looking like a perfect example of the plant. "It's nymphic. My mom's a wood nymph. Just.... keep it to yourself and don't be a bossy little prat or I will kick your teeth in, got it?"

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:57 am

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

Wren had moved past his failed theory and assumed by her flustered response that Aspen had dismissed it all together as well. He figured she was now going to explain advanced growth potions or special color-changing flowers, and then he'd tease her about testing growth potions on giant spiders. So, he was rather surprised when she got upset at him again. "Shutting up, jeez" he muttered. Aspen had such strange reactions. First she didn’t get angry at him for messing with her book, but now she did get angry when he asked about growth potions and being in Slytherin? Or was it the flowers in her dad’s hair comment? Because that was still hilarious.

Aspen mentioned a secret and he stopped wondering and just listened. Secrets were fun. Why she was telling him a secret now was confusing, but it’d be dumb to interrupt. She picked a droopy flower, and without a word or spell, revitalized the flower. The petals seemed to regain color and furl out, as perfect as though it had never been dying. He took the offered flower with an expression of part wonder and part confusion and barely heard her threat before blurting, ”So I was right?”

wearing sweater + jeans || status Figuring it out.

Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow
✧✦

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:24 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Explaining
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This could be so much worse

Aspen was only fleetingly glad when Wren agreed to shut up, but she felt the burning feeling that came with humiliation. She wanted Wren to drop the topics, and honestly the only option she could think of was to confess. After healing the flower and giving it over, Wren cut off her words to ask if he was right. Gaia, she didn't want to confess that! "Yes, alright? You were right. I'm half-nymph. My mam's a wood nymph in a nice hawthorn grove. So's my auntie too." She looked over at Wren, wondering his thoughts on the topic. Part of her only vaguely wondered if he'd connect the dots to register all four Hill girls as half-nymph, but then again, her dad was a wonderful guy, so....

After what felt like a forever long pause, Aspen continued. "Though, as for the potion and spell in mention, I kinda know how to do the potion. But my dad's friend is the potions teacher for the upper classes, and also my dad's wicked good with potions too. So I know a lot about 'em." She grinned, glad she had some knowledge about several of her classes. She even knew all about the the moon and stars thanks to her forest jaunts (and also her dad's little.... issues). "It's also why me and Laurel have top grades in Herbology. Not just 'cause our dad's the teacher." She grinned, wiping a bit of dirt off her jeans with a frown. Glancing down, she looked over at Dunce, with Flik clinging to the orange fur. The girl reached down, carefully scooping up the bowtruckle and setting him on top of her shoulder. Poor thing looked dizzy from all the wild movement. "But... if it is any note, you can't go ordering me around. Or... well anyone for that matter. Me 'cause it's a nymph thing, but like... also it just kinda makes you an arsehole, y'know?"

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:10 am

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

Wren was trying to figure out why he had rejected the theory when Aspen seemed convinced that he’d confirmed it. The sudden frown when he first started the experiment stuck out. Then the sudden meekness after hitting him with the book. And then the agitated confession. The direct commands thing hadn’t worked? But she was still worried about him being a bossy prat? Hand it over. Yes. Stay there. No. Tear a page. No. Calm down, it was just a book. No. Wait. Maybe.

"So you don't have to listen. But...calm down still counted, didn't it? For a while at least?” he muttered. That was...a lot more powerful than he’d thought if commands could downright affect their emotions. This was supposed to be a controlled experiment with a book that he could fix and commands that either happened or not, not messy feelings and maybe commands. It made him feel like he had discovered some weird form of Imperious Curse that was just always there, which was...awesome, but also terrifying. He'd have to think of edge cases all over again to further test. What a pain this had all become.

Abruptly, he glanced around, making sure they were indeed alone. Aspen was rambling about getting good grades in Herbology now, and he would have laughed at how quickly she’d turned to ranting if he wasn’t still bitter about giving up the theory when he apparently had it right. Or reeling about what kind of power this nymph thing actually meant.

Wren brushed off the comment on his character as he had the comments about him being a prat or arse or whatever. He had heard plenty of that kind of thing back in his few years in elementary school, and occasionally their house elf Hobby mentioned sourly that ”Young Master Wren is being a jerk.” Wren didn’t much care about what people thought of him, it didn't escape him that Aspen hadn’t seemed very upset when she said it this last time; in fact, she seemed quite gentle as she picked up her bowtruckle.

”I won’t tell anyone,” Wren told her quietly, remembering another unpleasant secret. Last time he had confided a secret, it had turned out very poorly and not at all the way he'd thought. "About your bloodline. Or..the other thing. So don't kick my face in or whatever."

Wren scowled and looked down again, at the renewed flower in one hand and the unsolved puzzle box in the other. He’d solved the box earlier, but he couldn’t put it back together, which frustrated him as much as not being able to solve it. Just like this theory. He sighed in exasperation. He didn't like this game anymore. It wasn't fun when he didn't know what he doing. "Or do, whatever. Secrets are no use to me if everyone knows. Besides, who would I tell?”

wearing sweater + jeans || status Secrets and theories.

Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow
✧✦

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:38 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Explaining
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This could be so much worse

Aspen watched Wren as he paused, looking deep in thought. After a few seconds ticked by, he mentioned her not having to listen, then asked about his order of 'calm down'. The girl sighed, shuffling a bit uncomfortably. "Well, technically I don't have to listen. It just makes my head hurt and I get nauseous and also sometimes pretty dizzy.... but I technically can ignore them. And calm down... kinda worked? But emotion commands are different... I think. Never tested the theory, honestly." She pondered this thought for a brief second, then looked at Wren, eyes wide, "and no, I do not want to try it out." Her guard was definitely still up, but she was enjoying the conversation with Wren... at least now he'd stopped bossing her around, anyway.

After threatening him yet again about keeping her secret, the boy agreed, though his tone was quiet, almost meek. He continued, this time asking her not to kick his face in, which resulted in a wild laugh from Aspen. "Don't worry, I won't. Totally could, but won't." She flashed a toothy grin, which only dropped when he said she could, whichever. Well... she'd keep it in her back pocket for now, then. He asked who he would tell and she shrugged lightly. "Iunno. Maybe that Moira chick? She's.... out to get me, I think. Odd duck." She pondered who else she'd seen Wren with, perhaps that one older kid, but she didn't know his name...

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:50 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

Wren listened carefully as Aspen explained, expression annoyed and upset, but mind whirling as he tried to put everything she was saying together. She mentioned resisting commands, then emotion commands -- the maybe command-- she’d never tried it. ”We cou--” he barely got the thought formed when Aspen definitely cut off further experimenting. ”Boo,” he commented, but he left the issue very well alone. Besides, Aspen had been more than entertaining for the afternoon, and more than cooperative with her answers. Another time he could convince her it was for the betterment of her understanding of her own magical circumstances. But for now he had done quite enough.

Aspen seemed at least somewhat relieved when he assured her he wasn’t about to blab. No less violent or threatening or feisty, but he thought he still noticed a bit of a relief in her tone. Maybe. Aspen never seemed to react how he thought she would. It was...interesting. Frustrating, but also interesting.

Aspen brought up Moira and Wren gave it a second’s consideration: Yeah, that made sense. He did confer with Moira a lot. And there were schemes they could do that might be quite entertaining with this knowledge..but he'd said he wouldn't tell, so he didn't plan to. Wren shrugged.

Speaking of Moira though, that reminded Wren of another thing he knew about Aspen: she didn’t like spiders. He agreed. If he wasn’t so fond of Moira, he would have found Rosie disgusting. ”Speaking of, did you sleep on the couch last night?”

wearing sweater + jeans || status Moving on

Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow
✧✦

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items