Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
Whomping Willow Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:37 pm
User Image _______________________________________

User Image

Both arms reached overhead as he stretched the sleepiness out of his system, shaking his limbs loose and belting out a long sigh. He didn't know why he felt such fatigue creeping into his bones, sitting in that classroom for nearly an hour had left him rather bored, (and apparently tired, too.) Right after class, he had made plans with Sophia to meet her out on the grounds, but she wasn't here yet. It probably took her longer to climb the Ravenclaw Tower than it took him to descend to the Slytherin Dungeons. He felt a bit refreshed now, at least, since he was finally out of that stuffy uniform. He hated the way the robes clung to him, how it drags across the floor, and can trip him backwards if it's stepped on. Now in a pair of fresh blue jeans and a simple cotton tee shirt, Tristan roamed the grounds near the Whomping Willow before plopping down on the top of a rolling hill and watched the clouds drift up over the sun. In the distance, the half moon would creep into the night sky, but that wouldn't be for at least another few hours, anyway. Still, it prodded a few delicate nerves as he eyed the Forbidden Forest in the distance. How far is it from the castle doors, he wondered. And how many different ways can he reach the forest from the dungeons? Maybe one day, he'll find out.

[OOC: Sorry I couldn't reply in Transfig! Want to continue where we left off? (I figure it's safe to say that they agreed to go to their common rooms first to change out of uniform before heading outside to hang out. Is that okay?]

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
LOCATION:: Whomping Willow】 【COMPANY:: Sophie?】 【ATTIRE:: Black tee, blue jeans】 【STATS:: Slytherin, 4'9", 98lbs

Sophia Lin Knols

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:18 am
LOCATION » Whomping Willow.
COMPANY » Tristan.
WEARING » Casual clothes.
OOC » Yaaaay exploring~

User Image

User Image

After Transfiguration class, Sophie and Tristan made plans to drop off their stuff at their respective dorms, change into something more comfortable and meet up somewhere near the killer tree, which she was told resembled a bald willow. She changed easily and equipped her usual jewelry out of habit, feeling odd not wearing them all day.

The brunette wasn't sure about the finer rules of Hogwarts but since it was a private school, she imagined that it had to be rather strict, which would mean no jewelry and always wearing your uniform, but after a week, she saw that this wasn't necessarily the case. At least not if you weren't in class. Still, she thought it best to at least wear her Ravenclaw robe, if not the entire uniform. Plus it was kind of cold outside (to her at least) so it would provide some added warmth.

Slipping her Claddagh ring on her right hand's middle finger with heart pointing to her finger tips, Sophie double knotted her sneakers before finally hurrying down and out of the dorms and tower, making her way through Hogwarts' twists and turns until she finally made her way outside. The weather was mildly overcast, but didn't seem as it was going to rain currently.

It took a bit for Sophie to find the right tree, but when she did, she was rewarded with the sight of Tristan gazing off at the treeline of the Forbidden Forest. Running up behind him, she poked his arm and asked breathlessly, "Thinkin about making a break for it?"

⊰━━━━━━ ✕ ✖ ✕ ✖ ✕ ✖ ✖ ✕ ✖ ✕ ✖ ✕ ━━━━━━━⊱

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Essy ze Ninja

Sophia Lin Knols

Distinct Browser

1,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:47 pm

User Image

Heaving a sigh, Tristan stretched his legs out in front of him, then planted both hands firmly on the ground behind him to keep his torso propped up. Marred fingers combed through the grass digging dirt under his nails, shifting the earth beneath him. A gentle breeze carried with it the spice of orchids, wildflowers, and fresh lake water, rustling the green blades of grass and dragging the fallen red, brown, and yellow leaves across the field. He heard her before he ever saw her, she seemed to be racing, the wind whooshed and the ground crunched beneath her feet. But even then, he couldn't bite back the surprise. It was his natural reaction to jump, and at the bare touch of her poke, Tristan practically broke his neck, but instead, will now be suffering from a mild case of whiplash. Lovely. Blinking rapidly, it was all he could do to compose himself long enough to actually hear what she was saying without focusing too intently on the muscles he was trying to massage at the base of his neck.

”Bloody ********' shite, mate,” a hard breath of fresh air and a bit of choked laughter later, he quickly added, ”Nearly scared me todger off, y'know. That'd be a shame, innit!” Amusement spread across his features in a childish grin as he bounced up to his feet beside her; it didn't last, however, his features fell and he shifted his gaze away from her and out towards the forest, then immediately shook his head. ”What, to the forest? Bugger that. Too dangerous. Hogsmeade, maybe, gots a sweet shoppe, y'know, but we're not allowed to go their until third year. And even then, we'll need permission.” He couldn't help but roll his eyes at the last statement, he seriously doubted his mum and da' would ever sign the slip to let him go. But he really couldn't let himself focus on the injustice's of the world, he needed to stay alert, proactive. And definitely not act like he's interested in the forest.

[OOC: ]

LOCATION:: Whomping Willow】 【COMPANY:: Sophie】 【ATTIRE:: Black tee, blue jeans】 【STATS:: Slytherin, 4'9", 98lbs

Sophia Lin Knols

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:11 pm
COMPANY » Tristan.
OOC » Ooooooh, he said a bad word!

User Image

User Image

Sophie's eyes went wide as Tristan quickly whipped his head around when she poked him and proceeded to curse, causing her to instinctively look around to make sure nobody overheard him. Wouldn't want to get in trouble. She laughed with him, glad that he wasn't mad at her or anything.

"That depends, what's a todger?"

She followed his gaze to the forest as he spoke. "I don't understand why they'd let such 'dangerous' things or creatures or whatever live right next to the school. Seems like if they really wanted to keep us safe, they'd drive them out or something, right?" The brunette shrugged, sure that there was more to it than that, but didn't know the whole story.

An eyebrow quirked as Tristan mentioned a 'Hogsmede'. "Is that a town or something? I didn't think there was anything like that around. Seems very 'middle of nowhere'-y. So why can't we go until our third year? And who do we need permission from? The headmaster?"

Essy ze Ninja

Sophia Lin Knols

Distinct Browser

1,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:18 pm

User Image

The drum of his heart thundered against his rib cage, deafening the sound of his labored breaths and rapid fire thoughts. Clammy hands dried themselves against his jeans, then he straightened, evened his breaths with forced effort; bloody hell, he heard her coming, why did it still surprise him? He shook it off, and just in time, too, because Sophie's next few words had Tristan biting back a giddy laughter, instead, wry lips wriggled along in a thin line as his eyes widened for just that moment. Between choked chuckles, he said, ”Uhhhh, y'know... a todger? Knob? Willie? A stiffy? Pecker? Tallywhacker?? Y'know....” he deliberately paused to enunciate his next words with aerial finger quotations. the family jewels.... Oh, he couldn't even hold it back anymore, doubled over with an arm around his gut, laughing his bloody a** off, practically howling. ”Aaaaaaaah, blimey, shite, sorry, I couldn't resist. You're muggleborn, yeah, even you should know what a 'todger' is by now. Maybe it's just a regional thing,” he shrugged it off easily enough. She did have a funny accent, he wasn't even sure if it could be called it that, it didn't really sound like anything he'd heard. It wasn't thick, but it didn't sound foreign either, maybe mixed? Northern England has a completely different voice than the Southerners, especially depending on how close to another country you were, like Wales, Scotland, or France, which, really, is only a small hop across the English Channel.

”You don't know about Hogsmeade?” Curious and distracted, he tilted his head to one side and furrowed his brows together thoughtfully. ”Guess the school governors don't really have time to tell you much, huh? Shame really, but I can try and answer any questions you have... Remember the station we got off at right before we got on the boats? That was Hogsmeade station; Hogsmeade is an all wizarding village—there aren't too many of those—there's all sorts of shoppes, but only third years and up are allowed to go on any of the trips. Your parents have to sign a permission slip, dunno why. But I've heard there's secret passages from the castle that lead to the village, not sure if that part's true though.”

LOCATION:: Whomping Willow】 【COMPANY:: Sophie】 【ATTIRE:: Black tee, blue jeans】 【STATS:: Slytherin, 4'9", 98lbs

Sophia Lin Knols

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:32 pm
COMPANY » Tristan.
OOC » Ooooooh, he said a bad word!

User Image

User Image

Sophie tilted her head with narrowed eyes as she stared at Tristan as he seemed to be laughing at her, though he was holding it back somewhat. By the third synonym for 'todger', her eyes became very wide and she looked away, face bright pink as she awkwardly tucked some hair behind her ear. "Alright, alright, I get the framed picture." Then he began absolutely howling with laughter, even doubling over and she was so pissed and annoyed, but couldn't help smiling because it was rather funny. She compromised by attempting to kick him over onto his side.

When he mentioned her lack of knowledge on 'todgers' perhaps being a 'regional thing', the brunette nodded. "Yeah, I suppose. I lived in America for a while. Just long enough to miss 'todger' in my language lessons apparently." Her tone was sarcastic at the end, but she still had a crooked smile on, though her ears were still pink.

She was thankfully distracted when Tristan rhetorically asked that the school governor's hadn't explained it all to her. Shaking her head, she eagerly listened to his descriptions. "That sounds amazing. I mean I saw Diagon Alley of course, but nobody lived there or anything. It was kind of like... well Disneyland without the rides I suppose. None of this seemed real until I got to Hogwarts. It'd be cool to see Hogsmeade. Shame we have to wait two whole years though..."

The Ravenclaw girl kicked at the grass before getting a sly grinning expression across her face as she glanced at her classmate. "Wouldn't it be awesome if we could find that secret passage? Gah, we'd get into so much trouble though..." She shook her head, feeling the thrill just thinking about breaking the rules.

Essy ze Ninja

Sophia Lin Knols

Distinct Browser

1,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 1:17 pm

User Image User Image

Giggling subsided for now, Tristan heaved in a deep breath to let out a long sigh—only narrowly avoiding a short kick to the ribs— only to fall flat on his bum, anyway, bit too much of a jump and not enough balancing. ”Right, yah, sorry,” he apologized again with a cheeky grin, and after brief grunt as he rolled his weight to the palm of his hand then pushed his feet against the ground, Tristan rose to his full meager height of five foot..ish. Leaves and dirt was brushed off his jeans in furious swipes before he glanced back up again to the sound of 'America.' ”Oh yah? Wicked.” His views on America were rather skewed; he'd heard they were all obese, or stick thin, ridiculously ugly or beautiful, like there was no in-between, even television seemed to reinforce that idea, Hollywood, too. But he's never actually met one, and really, Sophie didn't seem so different. Talked a bit funny, but, not really. Part of him had to wonder how long she spent overseas, or how long it's been since she's been back to Great Britain. Tristan didn't think to ask, however, he was much too distracted by then.

”Nah, the folks in Diagon Alley usually live above their shops, on the second floor. But, aye, there aren't any real houses there. And w'os a Disneyland? Sounds familiar...hrmm... Think I heard it in a movie or something,” he shrugged. Whatever it was, it was on the tip of his tongue, he just couldn't remember. ”An' I mean, you don't really have to wait two years. You can always visit during the winter holidays, or the summer.” He explained, then paused for a moment, realizing she probably wouldn't even know how, if she wanted to, then spent an extra minute to elaborate on the floo network, apparition, and the knight bus. ”But since it's an all wizarding village, I don't think muggles are allowed. I'm not sure. I just dunno how your parents would be able to take you, since, y'know... Can't exactly do magic...” His voice trailed off, he hadn't meant to make it all sound so 'elitist', he frowned a little just at the thought. He hoped she hadn't noticed, and if she did, wouldn't comment any further on it. He was awkward enough without it.

”But bloody hell, it would. And sides, we'd only get in trouble if we leave... Doesn't mean we can't try and find it.” Justifying shouldn't be this easy. ”Riiiiight?” Inclining his head, he hoped to persuade her with big, baby blues.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:02 pm
COMPANY » Tristan.
OOC » WE'RE GOIN TO DISNEYLANDWORLD!

User Image

User Image

Sophie nodded with a grin as Tristan affirmed her 'American' status with being 'wicked', which definitely sounded cool. True she'd only lived there for a few short years, but she had enjoyed her time there and missed it.

Her eyebrows raised in surprise when he told her that the shopkeepers of Diagon Alley usually lived in little apartments above their shops. "Oh, that's pretty smart. Never have to worry about commutes or anything. So I guess there are real houses in Hogsmeade then?"

If her eyebrows were raised before, they were practically touching her hairline when he asked what Disneyland was. Laughing in surprise she answered, "Disneyland is like...a theme park? But like so much more. And big. But there's also Disneyworld which is in Florida. The original is in California. But there are a handful of Disneylands and resorts. In...Tokyo, Paris, Hong Kong and Shanghai I think. And then there's the cruise line. But Disney is like...How to even explain it..." Sophie was suddenly aware of how much she was talking and got nervous, tucking her hair behind her ears as she looked away. "Sorry, I'm rambling. I went a lot with my mom. Disney makes kids movies. Still do. Then they just got...huge. There's not a perso, er, well, muggle alive that doesn't know Disney."

She was suddenly keenly interested in the Whomping Willow, studying it's bald mace like branches until Tristan spoke again, saying that they didn't absolutely have to wait until their third year to visit Hogsmeade if you went during vacation with your parents and then explained various ways to do so. Which was a problem, as he pointed out, since her parents were muggles. Frowning in mild disappointment and thought, Sophie nodded in understanding, seeing that Tristan felt a bit awkward about it all. "Why is it all so secret anyway?" She asked, a bit pouty and frustrated. She needed to find a book that had more information on the Statue of Secrecy.

Her mood was brightened as he tried justifying their possible quest to find a secret passageway to Hogsmeade. Chewing her lip in consideration while she fought against a sly smile, Sophie glanced at Tristan's blues with a gleam in her brown eyes. "Hmm... I suppose you're right. There's no crime in just exploring the school. It's more like trying to learn more about the Hogwart's history!" She nodded, now becoming more convinced.

Essy ze Ninja

Sophia Lin Knols

Distinct Browser

1,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:10 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ṡïṉģlε
                                                          Looking Unruly at the Willow with - - -
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Wonder how hard it actually hits... ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

ï ḋøṉ'τ ģïṿε α ḋ α ṃ ṉ 'вøυτ ṃÿ ɾ ε ρ υ τ α τ ï ø ṉ ✫ ✫ ✫xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ÿøυ'ɾε lïṿïṉģ ïṉ τ h ε ρ α ṡ τ, ïτ'ṡ α ṉ ε ώ ģ ε ṉ ε ɾ α τ ï ø ṉ ✫ ✫ ✫xxxxxxxxx
                                                          α ģ ï ɾ l сαṉ ḋ ø ώhατ ṡhε ώ α ṉ τ ṡ τø ḋ ø ✫ ✫ ✫xxxxxx
                                                          αṉḋ τ h α τ ' ṡ ώhατ ï'ṃ ģ ø ṉ ṉ α ḋ ø ✫ ✫ ✫xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceIvy approached the Whomping Willow with a small smirk on her face. Curiosity lit her eyes as she stepped closer and closer to it, watching the limbs twitch and shake. In her head, she was assessing the thing's reach, and how close she could get before she'd be in its range. Not that she wasn't totally going to get in its range, she just wanted to be aware of it when she did. The redhead had to admit, she was surprised she hadn't done this already; it was a tree. That could kill her. How awesome was that? She maybe should've waited for Joel and Addie, but they were in Advanced Flying right now, and she'd gotten bored. Snowflake she hadn't been able to track down, but she'd be willing to bet that the girl was holed up in her Common Room. Not that Ivy couldn't totally get into the Ravenclaw Tower if she wanted to, she just hadn't felt like making the trip. The Gryffindor inched closer, her adrenaline spiking ever so slightly when she realized she was within the tree's reach. It could totally reach out and smack her right now. Maybe she was being a bit stupid, but hey, what fun was life without risking severe bodily harm? She was fast enough and small enough, she could probably manage to run away before it hurt her too badly... Probably. Maybe she'd end up with a broken bone or something. The point was, this was totally dangerous, which made it awesome. Also, she just knew she was inviting the wrath of Professor Hill, which only served to further excite her. She wondered pissed he'd be if he found she was A) being stupid and getting near the potentially deadly tree, and B) daring to even breathe on something she was sure he thought was a 'beautiful specimen' or something ridiculous like that. Not that Hill really talked that way, but he always ended up sounding like Doctor Frankenstein in her head for some reason.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✫ ✫ ✫ αṉ' ï ḋøṉ'τ ģïṿε α ḋ α ṃ ṉ 'вøυτ ṃÿ ɾ ε ρ υ τ α τ ï ø ṉ
                                                          xxxxxx✫ ✫ ✫ ṉεṿεɾ ṡαïḋ ï ώ α ṉ τ ε ḋ τø ïṃρɾøṿε ṃÿ ṡ τ α τ ï ø ṉ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✫ ✫ ✫ αṉ' ï'ṃ øṉlÿ ḋøïṉ' ģ ø ø ḋ ώhεṉ ï'ṃ hαṿïṉ' ƒ υ ṉ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✫ ✫ ✫ αṉ' ï ḋ ø ṉ ' τ hαṿε τø ρ l ε α ṡ ε ṉ ø ø ṉ ε

User Image

(( OOC: ))

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:49 pm
All the way from where we came, built a mansion in a day;
Distant lightning, thunder claps, watch our neighbor's house collapse.
Looked the other way, and then the storm was overhead!
In the absence of a breeze, scatter what remains!
Every warning we ignored, drifting in from distant shores...
The wind presents a change of course; a second reckoning of sorts.

User Image
V I O L A N T E
F A Y E
L I L L A N T I N E

SlytherinThird YearPurebloodAdopted

Vio's schedule had rapidly filled up now that she was a third year and taking nine electives in addition to her seven core classes, and she was someone who appreciated her downtime. Besides, it wasn't as if she had a plethora of friends to occupy her free time with, but that could have just been her bitterness talking. Ordinarily, she would try to seek out Anti, who might or might not avoid her depending on her mood, but today she didn't feel like trying to hunt down her mopey Ravenclaw cousin. It was a Friday morning, and her only class on Friday, remarkably, was Cursebreaking, which she'd had this morning. After that, she was free for the entire weekend, and she'd wasted no time in dropping her things off in the dorms and changing out of her uniform. One thing she'd grown to appreciate coming out of her hyper feminine childhood was a comfortable pair of jeans.

Lunch didn't start for another hour, the common room was full of older students at the moment, and she didn't feel like reading in the library. Roaming around seemed like a good enough plan, and roam Vio did, all the way out of the castle and down towards the Whomping Willow, murder mystery novel in hand. She was debating just exploring around a bit and then finding a spot a safe distance from the deadly tree to read. But as she walked up the small slope to the tree, she caught sight of a head of dark red hair, and her attention was diverted. She knew who it was, of course; Ivy Bishop was in her year. She just generally didn't have much contact with the other girl besides seeing her in classes, as they were in separate houses, and Ivy constantly seemed to be with a small group consisting of Joel Powell, Adaline Davenport, and Eirawen Baines. Vio wasn't resentful of the redhead's close knit circle of friends, but she was envious. She wanted that.

The Gryffindor was now within striking distance of the Whomping Willow, and Vio paused, unsure of what to do. She assumed Ivy knew what she was doing; she wasn't stupid, from what she could tell, and she seemed like the risk taking type. Vio wasn't afraid of a gamble herself, and that's why she pressed onward, not wanting to call out and alarm the other girl, who might then get swatted like an errant fly by the gnarled old tree. She slowly stepped closer and closer, pale eyes darting this way and that as she carefully monitored the tree's movements, until she was only a few feet further away from it than Ivy herself. She cleared her throat quietly then, in case the other girl had somehow not spotted her yet. She didn't wan to be accused of stalking, after all. "Is there a concrete plan here, or is this a very Gryffindor-esque 'making it up as we go along' scenario?" she asked with a slight hint of amusement in her cool voice.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

We were wasted waiting for a comedown of revolving doors!
Fate, don't fail me now, and when the days that followed past...
In another mansion built to last; from our window we could see-
Only possibilities down the road and back!
Auctioned off our memories; in the absence of a breeze;
Scatter what remains, fate, don't fail me now!

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:45 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ṡïṉģlε
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx

spaceIvy felt the other girl's approach long before she spoke; martial arts training had taught her to be very aware of her surroundings, after all, though she liked to pretend it was because she was secretly a Jedi. Then again, Jedi were only so aware of their surroundings because they trained for years, so really it wasn't that far off the mark. She was also capable of moving things with her mind, though at present she did require the help of a wand. Honestly she had no clue how she was ever supposed to learn to focus enough to do wandless, though, not with Professor Denier around. Woman had some weird attractiveness about her, which Ivy didn't get, since as far as she knew, she preferred blondes. Plus, the wandless instructor had that weird purr-like quality to her voice, which normally annoyed Ivy to no end and set her teeth on edge... which made it all the more annoying when she left class and realized that, in Denier's case, it didn't. It was really weird.

spaceThe Gryffindor watched carefully as the Willow continued to twitch, not wanting to let it out of her sight, but wanting to know who was talking to her. She recognized the voice, sure, it was definitely one of the girls in her year, but she couldn't quite remember which one. She finally glanced over her shoulder, having to think for a moment to recall the girl's name; Violet? No, that wasn't quite it, close, but... Oh! Violante! She patted herself on the back for remembering, considering that she really didn't pay much attention to anyone at the school other than her close-knit group. The redhead shrugged, turning back to the tree. "Little of column A, little of column B. My plan is: Don't get hit," she declared. "More specifically, if the thing looks like it is going to hit you, duck and roll, considering the attack is almost definitely coming from above." She lowered to a crouch just then, noting the way one of the limbs seemed to move her way. But, the motion was lazy, and it didn't attack. She relaxed somewhat, then looked back at the Slytherin girl.

spaceShe noticed the book in the girl's hand, and her expression turned somewhat amused. "I thought I was the crazy one. There are better trees to read under, you know," she said, wrinkling her nose. Ugh. Reading. Why anyone did it for fun was beyond her, seriously. But she wasn't about to say that to someone who obviously considered it an enjoyable passtime... Not until the girl gave her a reason to dislike her. Ivy always at least made a point to try and be nice to people until they messed up; of course, once that happened, she would probably never be nice to them again. But she didn't think there was anything particularly wrong with Violante; she was a Slytherin, sure, but not all Slytherins were that bad. Just Hamilton and Devonte.

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:59 am

User Image
V I O L A N T E
F A Y E
L I L L A N T I N E

Vio nodded slowly, gaze drifting back up to the branches above her head. She was quicker than she looked, so she wasn't overly concerned about getting out of the way in time, but she didn't want any permanent scarring if the tree ended up being faster. She blinked and glanced down at the book in her hand when Ivy did. She really should have put it down earlier, but it was too late now. She could just toss it out of the range of the Willow, but that might just set it off. She was fairly sure birds flying too close by made the tree react, after all. "You don't like books," she stated with an almost smirk. "And I wasn't going to read under the tree, specifically... just nearby. I like going outside to read. It's important to have a proper setting, depending on the book. This," she raised one of her long fingers gripping the spine of the novel and tapped it, "Is a murder mystery. Can't exactly read it in the boring old library, now can I? But read it by a potentially murderous tree on a grim autumn morning? That sort of livens things up a bit." One of the branches above her head twitched and she rocked slightly on the balls of her feet, ready to dive out of the way if necessary. "I don't really know why I'm doing this," she confessed thoughtfully. "You'd think after last June I'd have had my fill of danger. But I saw you, and I suppose I felt a need to prove I could do it too. Reach the actual trunk, I mean. It's stupid." She laughed. "I'd feel stupider giving up now, though."

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:19 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ṡïṉģlε
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx

spaceIvy blinked a bit when the blonde mentioned her not liking books. Sheesh, was she that obvious? Well, it wasn't like it was some big secret, she guessed. She just didn't like reading. Whatever. "I just don't get it. I 'unno. It's boring. To me, at least. And I never remember anything I read anyway," she said with a frown. A groan from the tree drew her attention, and she looked back at it, listening to Violante speak. The Gryffindor snorted, fingers twitching as she waited to see if the willow was going to come at her. "I can't read anything in the library," she said. "It's stuffy. I have enough trouble reading anything in general. Putting me in that room is basically sucking out my soul." She arched a brow, daring to inch closer to the willow. "But, yeah, out here's probably a better spot for something like that. Or, I dunno. Sitting up in one of the towers during a storm. Guess you don't want to have to wait for a storm to read, though."

spaceShe had to admit, she was a little surprised when the Slytherin said her being here was why she'd felt the need to get closer. She didn't understand what the deal was; what, like her being dumb enough to try this was a form of peer pressure? Weird. "For the record, I take no responsibility for your stupidity, only my own," she declared with a smirk, looking over at the girl. "I heard that you can paralyze it if you hit it just right. But, that seems boring, don't you think?" Ivy wasn't a complete moron, obviously, she'd learned a bit about the tree before attempting this little venture. It'd been a bit difficult, what with her aversion to reading and all. In the end, she'd wound up taking advantage of her newly-approved Hogsmeade trips (which she'd had to forge her mother's signature for, of course) to stop by Professor Hill's shop. Lucky for her, he had an assistant, because no way would that stick in the mud have ever told her anything. She'd made it perfectly clear to the older boy that she was going to attempt this whether he helped her or not, much to his chagrin. In the end, he'd told her what she wanted to know; there was an out, if she found herself in a particularly tight spot.

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:52 am

User Image
V I O L A N T E
F A Y E
L I L L A N T I N E

Vio raised a brow when the redhead mentioned sitting up in one of the towers during a storm. "Now there's an idea. But you're right, I'd rather not have to check the weather before pulling out a book. I like being able to get out of my own head once in a while." She shouldn't have said that, she realized, with a lingering sense of embarrassment. As if Ivy actually cared why she liked to read. They weren't friends. She smirked in return at what the Gryffindor said next. "Let the record show that any injury was through my own stupidity, then, which was parallel to but not intertwined with yours." She rolled her pale eyes a little and took a mincing step forward, almost as if she were walking a tightrope. "Of course. Paralyzing the flailing tree would sort of defeat the purpose. I wonder what it's purpose is, anyways. It's the only really dangerous plant not in the greenhouses. The rest of the trees are... fairly normal. And if it can be frozen... well, there has to be a reason you would want to paralyze it other than for giggles, right?" She stared at the trunk for a moment, then glanced at Ivy. "What is the goal, then? Make it to the trunk and back out of range without getting hit?" Her thin lips twitched in amusement. "Climb it?"

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:23 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ṡïṉģlε
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx

spaceIvy gave Violante an odd look at her statement, but at least had the good sense not to ask what exactly she meant. It wasn't exactly any of her business if the girl was mental or something. Well, unless she like, attacked her or something. But Ivy was pretty sure she could take the blonde. And she probably wasn't mental mental... maybe she just had a lot on her mind. Ivy didn't really know what the hell the girl could possibly have going on that made her want to escape into a murder mystery of all things, but whatever.

spaceShe grinned widely at the Slytherin's declaration, filled with a sense of almost admiration. She had some serious guts, the redhead would give her that. She'd been expecting Violante to admonish her for moronic behavior, not encourage and even join in on it. Ivy eyed her yearmate, lips quirking until her smirk turned into an outright smile. She couldn't quite tell if the girl was being sarcastic in her agreement over paralyzing the tree or not, but she was going to assume not, considering that she was still inching closer to the thing. The question of it's purpose was met with a shrug. "Who knows? Maybe we should ask Professor Hill. He might actually tell us... before he growls and threatens to turn us into mincemeat if we don't leave him alone," she said, snickering. Honestly, the Gryffindor didn't get why the surly professor had even become a professor in the first place. He obviously didn't like kids much, if at all, and acted like he had zero confidence in their ability to actually learn anything from him... What was the deal? Did he have a secret soft spot? Was there a fuzzy bunny hiding under all that crust? ... Nah.

spaceThe third year paused as she watched the tree twitch, glancing at Violante out of the corner of her eye. She was starting to feel like a chameleon, trying to watch both her classmate and the tree at the same time. "My plan was just to get close enough to touch it, but if you wanna try climbing the thing, have fun with that," she said, tone making it obvious that even she wasn't that crazy and stupid. As if to illustrate her point, one of the branches flicked just then, attacking some poor bird who'd dared to try resting on the neighboring limb. She winced at the sight. Poor bird.

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash