Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
Gaia Charity Items

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you try to donate to charity regularly?
  Yes
  No
  Not regularly/less than often
View Results

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:37 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

Don't want to read? : Do you buy or at least want to buy Gaia charity items? Do you just donate straight to Red Cross? Do you not donate at all? Do you like Gaia's charity items so far? 

I realize that spending real money on virtual items is probably top of the "Stupidest things to do" list, but at least with the charity items the money is going to a good cause. Ever since they came out with the first charity item (a CI maybe?) I've been buying (1 each normally, depends how much Gaia cash I have) to support. I know you can donate straight to the Red Cross, but I want to help Gaia be able to donate as much as possible, also you get a nice 'thank you' gift for donating. I just recently bought the Japan charity items (emblem is under the coat) and was going to just put them in my inventory, but BEST items for charity yet!! I just couldn't push myself to put anything else on her. Not even holding a rose, or a Kiki at her feet. Just, most beautiful items ever. I am definitely glad that I went for these not just because they're beautiful but also because my money for these items will be going to people in need. ^^ But what are your ideas on all of this?   

Because grey will not do.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:17 pm
I like them too, I plan on getting a cash card next week to get them.
I think I might also buy extras just because they look cool and my money is going to a good cause.

Plus getting the items is the only way I can donate.  

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:54 pm
Testicular Diabeetus
I like them too, I plan on getting a cash card next week to get them.
I think I might also buy extras just because they look cool and my money is going to a good cause.

Plus getting the items is the only way I can donate.

I actually ended up buying two of the coats because after buying 1 of each I had 529 left. So I figured, more money to a good cause. ^^     

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:56 pm
I really like the halo.
I want three of them, and i plan on getting the rest of the items.

I wonder how long they will stay int he cash shop.  

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:18 am
Testicular Diabeetus
I really like the halo.
I want three of them, and i plan on getting the rest of the items.

I wonder how long they will stay int he cash shop.

I'm trying to find the thread that I read about it earlier but I can't seem to find it. crying But as I understand it, it's going to be an permanent charity item. After they meet the 10k goal, every 10% of every item purchased will go to the charity. But don't quote me on that though. It was kind of an confusing read for me. o_O  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:47 am
I donate to charity, but not via buying Gaia Cash items. I refuse to use real money for pixels no matter what. So I find other ways of donating to charity in real life. I do, however, like some of the charity items Gaia puts out and if I manage to want to spend enough time questing the gold for them I will purchase them.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:22 am
Shadows-shine
I donate to charity, but not via buying Gaia Cash items. I refuse to use real money for pixels no matter what. So I find other ways of donating to charity in real life. I do, however, like some of the charity items Gaia puts out and if I manage to want to spend enough time questing the gold for them I will purchase them.

Good, you're smarter than TD and I. Also you have a husband who works hard for his money to support his family and probably wouldn't be too happy if you used that on pixels. While I don't have someone like that to keep me in check with my money.... That I end up spending on pixels. >< Although I don't think I buy cash too much.

When I'm buying the charity items, I have a different view point. It's more I'm donating and I'm Just getting a "thanks for donating, here's a gift to show our appreciation!" Rather then I'm buying pixels with the money to charity. Makes me feel better about it. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:26 am
Br1ttana
Shadows-shine

Good, you're smarter than TD and I. Also you have a husband who works hard for his money to support his family and probably wouldn't be too happy if you used that on pixels. While I don't have someone like that to keep me in check with my money.... That I end up spending on pixels. ><

Although I don't buy cash a lot also, when I'm buying the charity items, I have a different view point. It's more I'm donating and I'm Just getting a "thanks for donating, here's a gift to show our appreciation!" Rather then I'm buying pixels with the money to charity. Makes me feel about it. XD

I don't see a problem with buying the pixels with real money when they go for a good cause, but I just don't like the thought of doing it, personally. I'd rather just use pixels for pixels and real money for real things.

My husband probably wouldn't care if I bought Gaia cash, but I'd rather use the money for some thing else.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces