Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:19 pm
My friend tithes... Give offering to the church, whatever. I don't know how to spell it....

Why should we do it? I mean if God wanted to do something why does he need our money?
Cant he just make it happen?

I'm not sure on what to do here...

How do you give out of faith?

I know I might sound horrible for asking this but...
D=  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:44 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

Tithes is correct and you're not horrible for asking it. ^^ But giving to the church is not the only way to give tithe, it's not limited to that. You are donating to Japan through the charity items out of a joyful and giving heart. You are using his money to help others, and you are doing it willingly and are happy about it. That's an example of tithe for you. ^^

We are supposed to give because our money is actually the Lord's and we are supposed to give back to him in everything including finances. It's a bit of a show of appreciation, like; "Thank you Lord for giving me the money to be able to support myself ((and my family)), now let me give back to you by helping others who are either less fortunate than I, help your church so they can keep on preaching your word to those in need, help missionaries to spread your word through this earth." I think you would have to have faith to donate because otherwise you probably don't really care or think "my little bit of money surely can't change or help anyone or anything." But it is more out of love, a joyful heart, a giving/generous heart, just that show of appreciation and wanting to help the Lord by using his money to help others.

But what do you mean, couldn't he just make it happen? Make what happen? sweatdrop He can make anything happen, yes, but he wants us to help him in his work (even though, no, he doesn't need it). ^^

-Hope that helps a little bit. ^^ -

Because grey will not do.

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:01 am
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

More to add. O_O

To keep all of that money for yourself and not give back to the Lord and others sounds a bit selfish for us to do, right? But the main thing is that you give what you can, when you can, out of willingness and a joyful heart. In the old Testament it was an commandment to give 10% of your income as tithe, but when Jesus died with the old covenant, a new covenant under grace was given to us. That new covenant being just to give out of a willing cheerful heart. I found this page about this subject with a whole lot of verses in relation to it. I looked over it quickly, but it seems good to me. ^^ Click!!

Because grey will not do.

Bible and other christian discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff