Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
~CAN ANYBODY HEAR ME!!??~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kitty of the dark

Distinct Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:29 pm
I need HELP! I’m 4’11” and I’m 97 lbs., I should be 85. That is 12 lbs. that should not be in my body! Anytime I try to talk about my weight and how bad it is, I end up getting smacked for it, ignored, or yelled at. I’m tired of not being able to fit into dresses, shirts, or pants without having my stomach stick out when it should be hidden. I exercise and I try my best to eat healthy, but NO MATTER WHAT, my weight always goes up. NEVER DOWN. I want to be able to wear a two piece swim suit without feeling ashamed of my figure. I want to be able to show my stomach without feeling disgusted by it.
I walked into Walgreens with my mom and when she went to buy the milk I went to the dietary supplement section. I stood there staring at what to buy. When it was too late to buy something… I almost cried. Then we went to the store across the street. She went to find a recorder (a musical instrument) and once again, I went to the diet section to see if there was something to buy. I had found something and just as I was about to reach for it and take it from the shelf, my mom walked to the aisle. I stepped back from the shelf and walked past her. She asked me what was wrong and I told her nothing and to forget about it. She knew something was wrong and decided to investigate. So she went to the spot where I was standing and look at what I was looking at and told me I wasn’t fat. She frowned at me and I began to walk away. My mom caught up with me and asked me why I was in that section. I kept shaking my head telling basically telling her I wasn’t going to tell her…that was…until she wouldn’t let me in the car.
That’s when I broke down. I told her EVERYTHING (Pretty much everything that was in the first paragraph). She told me that God made me fearfully and wonderfully and in his image of what he wanted me to look like. I said nothing and we drove home.
I have a question for you: Even though my boyfriend, mom and everyone else I know say I’m not fat and my weight is fine…should I go back and get the pills or the medication? What should I do….I need HELP!!~
(lol sorry for making this post so long)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:30 pm
I've never really touched base with a subject like this but I'll try my best....

By the looks of things you seem fine. You excercise, try to eat right, and everyone you know says that you aren't fat. If you're comparing your weight to what would be considered "average weight" then I'm not sure you can reach that weight. Some are born underweight, others overweight, and the others average weight. I remember I used to be chubby a few years ago. Then I did football (by force). When I did football I lost some weight. And my metabolism was so high that I did absolutely nothing for the next 9 months and other people thought I was working out. LOL!!! Anyway yeah. I lost weight, but the following year I gained weight again because of muscle. So if you're naturally overweight, you probably won't be able to reach "the average weight."

If you're comparing your weight to some other scale that you know you should be able to reach then I guess you need to work harder. Find more time for exercise and eat healthier until you get to your goal. Sports will probably help a lot. Coaches tend to push you a lot harder, and that results in more weight loss (or muscle gain). It may seem hard, but getting something you want usually requires sacrifice. Again, if you're comparing to the "average weight," then you may not be able to reach it because different people are born into different weight groups; that cannot be changed. But if you're comparing your weight to some scale by which you absolute know you should be able to reach then ok. Remember that - like your mother said - you were made in the image of God. smile  

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

Gregar828

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:46 pm
Alright, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're in the 13-15 area, right? (No, you do not have to say your exact age). Here's the thing: During this time in your life, you're GONNA gain weight. Thats how our bodies work during that stage in life. But 97 lbs, and you're trying to get to 85? Forgive me, but 85 at 4' 11" is borderline unhealthy. It would be dangerous to take diet pills at that weight.

Besides, your boyfriend, mom, and EVERYBODY ELSE YOU KNOW hasn't been saying you're weight is fine just to make you quiet, they've been saying it because THEY MEAN IT.

Its sad what modern society has done to the perception of what a girl "Should" look like, because they are wrong. A girl should look however they were meant to look. And if you were meant to look like you were 97 lb., then embrace that, because that is who you are. And despite what you think, its NOT a bad weight for your height.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:50 pm
~~

What everyone else said.
You're actually considered skinny, really.
I'm 13. And last I checked, I'm 130lbs. Yeah.
>_<

~~

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:54 pm
Gregar828
Alright, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're in the 13-15 area, right? (No, you do not have to say your exact age). Here's the thing: During this time in your life, you're GONNA gain weight. Thats how our bodies work during that stage in life. But 97 lbs, and you're trying to get to 85? Forgive me, but 85 at 4' 11" is borderline unhealthy. It would be dangerous to take diet pills at that weight.

Besides, your boyfriend, mom, and EVERYBODY ELSE YOU KNOW hasn't been saying you're weight is fine just to make you quiet, they've been saying it because THEY MEAN IT.

Its sad what modern society has done to the perception of what a girl "Should" look like, because they are wrong. A girl should look however they were meant to look. And if you were meant to look like you were 97 lb., then embrace that, because that is who you are. And despite what you think, its NOT a bad weight for your height.

^This^

Also, if you're really all that concerned about a little tummy fat, try running a lot, and mix in a few core muscle exercises. That area is one of the hardest to burn fat, and usually takes a long time to show any changes. But, if you stick with exercising and eating right, eventually you should start noticing a change.

That being said, there is something called a Weight Set point that you might want to look into. Just because some chart says you are under/overweight doesn't necessarily make it true. Just remember that God made you special, and he loves you very much. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:56 pm
Kyramud
Just remember that God made you special, and he loves you very much. mrgreen

Veggie Tales quote? ><  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:31 pm
kitty of the dark

Listen, as a girl myself I can say that you're always going to feel a little self conscious about your body. We all feel it, even some guys though they don't talk about it because it isn't the male stereotype. For me it's my thighs rather than my stomach, although I get a little 'eh' about that too. I also used to be 100 pounds a while ago but I'm now like 110-120 which bugs me a bit...and it's not muscle. >< I look at my one friend who is a twig and think "lucky", but then I think of other things and it doesn't bother me so much.

But you should NEVER be doing the diet pills and medication. It's all krud, and if you really need something to deal with your weight, then your doctor will talk to you about the options and prescribe you something.

If you are super concerned about this then just work out a lot; if you have a Wii or Kinect, make it fun by using those. They do work! Walk your dog, a friend's dog, or neighbors dog....or rather let the dog run you. O_O The dog will appreciate it, and you'll be in pain but it will be for good. Also lower your food intake if you haven't already. If you are able, try eating a little bit of (healthy) food once every two hours. No full breakfast meal, full lunch meal, full dinner meal, just a little bit of (healthy) food every two hours. That has been found to be the most efficient 'diet'. It's kind of a pain in the butt, but it helps with your metabolism. Also, you should only be losing 2 pounds a week. Anymore than that is unhealthy and you'll be worse off than when you first started if you decide to go off any of your routines. Also remember to always eat breakfast. People who eat breakfast actually weigh less than those who don't. Again if your stomach really bothers you, maybe try practicing sucking it in, then after a while it will kind of be natural/by habit to your body. Mine sticks out too, but I naturally/by habit suck it in most of the time and I look fine. I also sound this guild supporting others in their weight loss goal. Check it out if you want. Also, as I noted in the first paragraph, just try focusing your thoughts on other things. Like maybe your boyfriend, your family, Jesus, or even reciting some Bible verses. Also listen to the band Superchick. They are a Christian band that do a lot of 'girl power' songs. They are one of my favs and saw them in concert this past August. The singers are two girls, sometimes a guy, and the rest of the band are guys, but they are all about encouraging people and sending a message through their music. Again, a lot of them being 'girl power' songs. Specifically check this one out...because it's the first one I can think of top of my head: So Beautiful ^^

Also don't try fitting into a size one. I don't fit in a size one. I tried fitting into a shirt that size today, and it was nearly impossible to get into. Get your size, you'll probably have more shape in it rather than the girl who can fit the size 0 or is trying to squish herself in it. But you just need to be happy with your body and remember that you don't want to be an anorexic size 1 model with no personality...or one with a personality that is nasty. You should want curves! O_O ^^ You are you, special, and beautiful. So what your not the world's 'average girl' and meet the standards of this world by whatever weight chart you used. I'm not either and I'm proud of it. Again, you are always going to feel a little self conscious about your body at times. But don't let it control you. Also, just follow and praise the Lord, obey his commandants, love others, be a good Christian, and you'll be more beautiful than any size 1 model with bigger rewards than a worldly/earthly proclaimed 'beautiful' body. I don't know you personally, I've never seen you in real life but I'm sure you're gorgeous, more gorgeous than any model because you are the real deal.

Excerpt from Proverbs 31
" "Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
Give her the reward she has earned,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate. "

Excerpt from 'So Beautiful by Superchick'
"We are light
We were born beautiful
We were meant to be more then these shadows of girls
They cut us down to size
Afraid we'll change the world?
But we'll fight for your right to be beautiful girls
If every girl could see her beauty,
We would be an army

We have dreams we were born to fufill
We were meant to be more than just fairy tale girls
We are the colors so bright
Each beautiful girl
We are the stars in the night
And we are changing the world
When every girl can see her beauty we will be an army"  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:24 am
Br1ttana
Kyramud

Veggie Tales quote? ><

OF COURSE! Veggie Tales is Amazing! scream

That, and, I find that some of the lines they use for little kids can be applied to a more adult age group too. I mean, 'God is bigger than the boogie-man'? Who doesn't need to hear that from time to time?  

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:16 pm
Kyramud
Br1ttana
Kyramud

Veggie Tales quote? ><

OF COURSE! Veggie Tales is Amazing! scream

That, and, I find that some of the lines they use for little kids can be applied to a more adult age group too. I mean, 'God is bigger than the boogie-man'? Who doesn't need to hear that from time to time?

Never said it wasn't. 4laugh And it is more than amazing, actually that is an understatement. O_O

True that. whee "God is bigger than the- Boogie man! He's bigger than Godzilla or the monsters on tv! Oh, God is bigger than the- Boogie man! And he's taking care of you and me!" All from heart. whee  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:52 am
hmm...
Basically, I don't think you are fat.
I mean... look, Im 13, Im taller than my mom, and.. I don't know my weight really but mom always tells me to go diet. My height and weight is not for a 13 year old, mom will always tell me. SO she encouraged me on going to a diet or my passion for dancing or whatsoever.

I don't really mind my body. seriously.
I don't want to change myself just for other people who will praise you that you are goodlooking or stuff. If I ever want to change, I will change for the better , for God.

Im tired of the world always judging you on how you look -.-

But anyhow, its really up to you if you want to go on a diet. But I agree with your mom though. God made us fearfully and full of love so we shouldn't be ashamed of how we look. Only that we have to take care of it because its God's gift. smile

xinixane

4,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

kitty of the dark

Distinct Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:55 pm
thank you all of your for ur support and thank you to the ones who have sent me the websites. -hugs you all-  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:25 pm
Of course. We're happy to help, and even happier if it had a positive effect.  

Gregar828

starry night-163

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:54 pm
No don't take those pills! lol my aunt was talking about something like this on thursday(cuz she sells health products like vitamins and house hold materials), some lady who got her into the bussiness was telling her about this since the company is advertising it I guess. She was saying that some can't lose weight even though they excersise and all that stuff but that's just because of their genes. I don't know if you'll like this or take it cuz I guess it's expensive but hey if you have money you can take it lol there's this new study about genes, and this lab apart from the company my aunt works for does it, it's sorta like a blood test but better I guess, they also have this thing for people who want to lose weight as well, it tells what you have to take and what you have to do as well I believe to lose weight, all based on your genes, in my opinion it's better than going to the doctor(because they also test you for other things like what sorts of diseases you have and what you will have in the future lol), but it costs like $160 I think(I feel like I'm selling something sweatdrop but I'm not! Honest! I'm just trying to help by telling that it could just be something in your genes...) here's link so you can get informed about it if you want lol http://www.amway.com/en/nutrition-wellness/inherent-health I don't know if you'd like to take the diet plans though, if you do talk to your doctor about it first lol but also do more research about this though, heck call the company and ask questions about the test lol I however don't recomend you buy those diets, I however do trust the company because they sell good products which have helped my family because we all have some sort of health problem and they do help, the nutrilite products anyways lol but I've never trusted diet plans or pills from any company not just them lol I've only taken the vitamins they sell for my health smile . but don't worry I know how you feel I used to be fat lol I mean I was skinny but then I got fat in middle school lol but then I took PE in the summer after my freshmen year in high school becuase I didn't get PE my freshmen year and I didn't want to take it my junior year lol so I took it for the summer and I went from 130-120 I think and kept going down from there after I think or I lost it all during PE lol I don't remember but I ended up at 110 lol but only cuz it was like PE for 5 hours streight and then I went out for walks with my grandma cuz she was visiting and I didn't want to leave her lol and then when I lost my friends I gained weight eek and I still keep gaining weight unfortuntly right now I weigh like 124 I think or more Idk the last time I went to the doctor they said I was 124 lol and that was like last month I think and I'm like 5'3 but I'm not that fat, I may not be where I should be but I'm not too big blaugh and don't fret too much about it, just cut back on junk food a bit, I mean it's bad for you anyway lol but I know it's hard to cut back on it gonk  
Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games