Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Japan - Ganbatte!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheChief-5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:47 pm
I'd fly out there and help if i could!

Food for thought: Japan has suffered a massive earthquake, a huge tsunami, a volcano eruption, and multiple nuclear plant crisis' at the same time, yet there has not been ANY looting or rioting. Japan, you deserve major credit for remaining so level headed in the face of such disaster. I wish you the best.

[Enter your thoughts on Japan!]  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:33 pm
I'm sure Japan will get back on their feet in no time! I just hate those people who suggest that the U.S. shouldn't do anything...heartless people, they are.  

Deadl0ck3d

Dapper Gekko

6,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

TheChief-5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:43 pm
Deadl0ck3d
I'm sure Japan will get back on their feet in no time! I just hate those people who suggest that the U.S. shouldn't do anything...heartless people, they are.

I just destroyed one of those people in the forums just a bit ago ~X~  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:20 pm
I guess that's one down and thanks for that. Unfortunately there's hundreds more trolls thinking selfish.  

Deadl0ck3d

Dapper Gekko

6,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Yavanna of the Green

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:31 pm
My cousin made a comic book auction to support the Red Cross and the UN. I am envious, and wish I could do something similar, but I don't have anything worth selling that I would be willing to part with, even for charity. My only comic books are a complete set of Sandman and some Dykes to Watch Out For, those are not only priceless and treasured, but also read so frequently that they wouldn't sell for much.

Anyways, my cousin is advertising her auction in her signature, so I'm helping it and copypasting the link, Here. As you can see, she got bids for some of her items, but not all of them. They're ElfQuest comics, and most of them are long out of print, likely to become very rare soon.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:32 pm
Deadl0ck3d

And each one i find will wish they hadn't spoken. Opinions are opinions, but when my logic and moral compass clash with their opinion... things get heated.  

TheChief-5

Ethereal Cereal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:41 pm
I love that one line Kanashii Sakura Uta singled out in the post she made on the first page.

"And no, the world does not evolve around money."

How very ******** naive of her if she honestly thinks like that.

Also, as far as my own input, I'm far more worried about the nuclear plants at this point than I am anything else, because a country/state/etc. can rebuild from an earthquake or a tsunami. Look at Pripyat, it's been 25 years since Chernobyl's ONE reactor went critical and still, the radiation renders it uninhabitable. I shudder to think what could possibly happen if multiple reactors went critical.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:47 pm
Ethereal Cereal

You can rest a bit easier. Chernobyl was live when it blew/melted/whateveritwas. The reactors in japan are down, but not cooling. If the reactors in japan go, the damage won't be as large as chernobyl was. They do have some interesting systems going tho'.

they are trying to get the older workers in more than the younger ones since radiation poisoning would most likely only be long-term effects rather than death and older people won't be around long enough for those effects to happen (like being sterile and developing cancer and other problems)

Also, Japan plans on a last-ditch plan to bury the plants. the ground around the plants would be unusable, but it's better than the whole city.  

TheChief-5

TheChief-5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:49 pm
Yavanna of the Green

I donated some money, but i don't have all that much to give myself. I would go to japan and help as best i could if it was an option.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:53 pm
Good to know that at least they have a plan for dealing with the plants, even if it involves burying them. Definitely better than losing entire cities and regions to heavy radiation.  

Ethereal Cereal

Yavanna of the Green

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:57 pm
TheChief-5
Yavanna of the Green

I donated some money, but i don't have all that much to give myself. I would go to japan and help as best i could if it was an option.

I donated too, and I called the local Red Cross and asked if they needed volunteers to walk around with collection boxes, but they said they have enough people already, they actually ran out of collection boxes!

I think going to Japan is not a good option. They have a shortage of food, water and electricity in many areas. Sending more people would only use up more food, water, and electricity. Sending food or clothes is also not a good option - the postal service of Japan is already swamped with parcels from all over the world. The best thing to do is to donate to the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund. Or to buy the Gaia donation items with Gaia Cash from the Cash Shop. (buying them from the marketplace will not benefit the Red Cross)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:10 pm
Yavanna of the Green

yeah... i know all that... i still want to help though.
I bought my items with gcash. i'm no poser!
I also donated an extra $25 to the red cross before i found out about the items.  

TheChief-5

Yavanna of the Green

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:29 pm
TheChief-5
Yavanna of the Green

yeah... i know all that... i still want to help though.
I bought my items with gcash. i'm no poser!
I also donated an extra $25 to the red cross before i found out about the items.

I don't have access to Gaia Cash (even the sponsored offers don't work on this computer because my mom has already done them all in Facebook games), but I donated to the Red Cross. I don't need items to show I donated, anyways, I don't really like how any of the white donation items look.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:46 am
I love the coat of Kannon, but it doesn't show up on tektek. I am pm'ing to find out if that will change.  

jellykans

Playful Guildswoman

☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces