Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply MoM Level 10 - Wizengamot Courtrooms
Wizengamot

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:53 pm
Wizengamot

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Wizengamot is wizarding Britain's high court of law and parliament. It may be a continuation of the old Wizards' Council. Its administrative headquarters is located in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement of the Ministry of Magic. At least some of its trials take place in the dungeons of the lower levels.

The Wizengamot appears to act as a form of parliament: the various Educational Decrees introduced by Minister for Magic Cornelius Fudge in 1995 were passed and sanctioned by the Wizengamot. Similarly, Muggle laws in Great Britain must be agreed to by Parliament. It is unstated how much control the Wizengamot has over passing these decrees, and how much control the Minister exercises in such circumstances.

These courtrooms are where wizards and witches are put on trial by the Wizengamot. These courtrooms were used during the First Wizarding War, for judging Death Eaters. There is a hallway leading from the Department of Mysteries, which leads to a stairwell leading to the courtrooms.

Each courtroom is assigned a number. Depending on the crime committed, each crime will be designated to the appropriate courtroom (e.g. Courtroom 1 will have petty things, like a child stealing a small object such as candy while Courtroom 10 would be dealing with Death Eater trials).

Minister for Magic
Frederick Burton

Senior Undersecretary to the Minister

Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot
Olan Borson

Court Scribe

Current Wizengamot Members
Amelia Mortemer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:17 pm
Training and Requirements

Click here for a list of requirements.

If you are interested in this job, please fill out the application found in the 'Job Applications' subforum.

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:45 pm
This is the Office for the Wizengamot

This is the office for the Wizengamot.
This is a roleplay area for the members of the Wizengamot.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:56 am
𝕿heodore 𝕹ott the 𝕾econd
ℭ𝔥𝔦𝔢𝔣 𝔚𝔞𝔯𝔩𝔬𝔠𝔨 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔚𝔦𝔷𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔞𝔪𝔬𝔱

User Image

”—William? This is a fine surprise,” Theodore’s voice quipped up quite impassively as he sat huddled at his ostentatious desk within his office of the Wizengamot. A small stack of scrolled parchment was piled neatly on side of his desk, and his fingers were firm around the handle of a sigil stamp as he pressed it into the hot wax to seal a set of documents.

His son, William, however, somehow seemed less than pleased with himself as he cautiously navigated through the department and had to consistently remind himself of the possibility of the Minister for Magic being in the office several doors over. He couldn’t be brash. ”This was delivered to the estate this morning….” Will had to grit his teeth together, hard, to keep his tongue from lashing out.

”Highly unusual, I’ve made it quite clear to have all owls sent to my office—“

”It’s not another business proposition, father, it’s of your son.” Will’s steely tone glinted like steel in the summer sun.

”…Remington,” he paused, dark, graying gold eyes drilled into his eldest son, finding more questions than answers. Hesitation and paranoia had bid him to pause, he almost felt frozen, coated in bronze, he could barely slide the letter open, though he did take careful note that its contents had already been breached. As he read, Will decidedly spoke.

”How could you have never known? That poor lad has been out there in the world for ten years without ever knowing if he ever even had any family! He is a Nott, father! All we are we owe thanks to our ancestors—we are nothing without family, duty, and honor. Will seethed, practically spat in his father’s face at the incredulous silence of his father. ”—and with Elain Bernard?! Ten years ago you were still with mum!

”…..you can see why she saw fit to keep this hidden, don’t you?”

”….uh-….”

”She was engaged to another, and I was married—it would have been improper.” Theodore spoke, ominous and hollow, like he wasn’t even there. His fingers were clenched tight around the letter, and his heart thundered in his ears as his memories dragged back to that day where he’d seen her in the courtrooms. He should have been more suspicious, but he wasn’t. And now..?

”…….You have to make this right. That boy is your blood, your son—my brother—and pure of blood, so you can’t give me that, father. Not like you did with Cassandra… She was the one who found this ******** letter.

“So fix it.”
William turned and stormed out of the room. Theodore, all the while, couldn’t rip his eyes from the slanted cursive writing of his…. son.

╔══════════════╗
Height: 5’11” ♚ Weight: 149lbs ♚ Age: 64
His Office
╚══════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:55 pm
User Image

WelshwomanHufflepuff Alumna

xxxxxThe door to the Minister for Magic's office was shut tightly. Not a sound could be heard coming from it. It was almost as if she wasn't there, however, if you were to open the door, you would find Gwyn, sitting at her desk, reading the latest edition of the Daily Prophet. The Minister hated to be disturbed while she was reading the news. If there was bad news, she would be the one to tell everyone to stay calm. If there was good news, she would be proud. That was what she did. In a way, Gwynfair Wyn was the mother of the wizarding United Kingdom. She loved them dearly, and hated to see any harm come to any of them. Reading the news was a perfect way for her to stay updated on everything.

xxxxxEver since the events at Circus Maisc, Gwyn had been a bit more cautious. Just a little trip to the circus nearly ended in her death. It was a terrible massacre there, however, the Minister doubted there was much she could do, but she was determined to make sure things like that didn't happen again. As if that night, as well as the sleeping curse at Hogwarts and the kidnapping of the Machlachlan girls didn't alarm her enough. There were two new articles that had the Minister's attention.

xxxxxThe first was on the recent fall festival. She knew what happened there long before the article came out. Gwyn had thought about going, but decided against it. After hearing from some of the people who worked at the ministry, she was glad she didn't. Even the title made her glad she didn't go. Vampires Attack at the Fall Festival. What was this world coming to? The second article was one that worried the Minister more. The vampires, they had gone. They were likely rouges. The Vampire Council would likely take care of them. The second was on a case that the aurors had been working on for a while. That was certainly interesting.

xxxxxA witch and wizard had been killed in a similar manner as a Ministry official. All of this had the makings of another Dark Lord. Perhaps not one as terrifying as Voldemort, but yet Gwyn was still afraid. She couldn't show everyone that she was afraid though. If this did turn out to be a Dark Lord, she had to be strong. She had to face him head on. Not like the ministers during the Second Wizarding War. No. Gwynfair would not turn a blind eye.

xxxxxGwyn gently put the paper down on her desk, the murdered couple's portraits smiling at her. She had to do something. She had to be prepared, but how? The minister looked around her office for a bit before she came up with an idea. Pleased with her idea, she quickly took out parchment and a quill and set to work. If a Dark Lord was rising, Gwyn was going to make sure the Ministry was ready to handle him.

IT'S MY OWN DESIGN
IT'S MY OWN REMORSE

help me to decide
help me to make the most
of
freedom

&
of pleasure
NOTHING lasts forever
EVERYONE wants to rule the world

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:47 pm
User Image

WelshwomanHufflepuff Alumna

xxxxxHaving finished writing the invitations on the pale violet paper used for interoffice memos, Gwyn put her quill away. Perhaps some other day she would use that quill to change the color of the paper. Pale violet was such an odd color. It was hard to say who had come up with that. The paper had been in use when she first started working at the Ministry all those years ago. She had been in the Portkey Office. A rather boring position, but it did lead to where she was now.

xxxxxGwyn walked to the door and set the paper airplanes free. She had gotten quite good at folding them since she started working at the Ministry. Glancing outside the door, she decided to see if any of the Wizengamot members were around. She wanted to invite at least a few of them over to the dinner. The Minister did not want to waste paper, and so she had not written a paper airplane for any of them. They all worked in the same office. It was easy to see them. She just hoped they were around.

IT'S MY OWN DESIGN
IT'S MY OWN REMORSE

help me to decide
help me to make the most
of
freedom

&
of pleasure
NOTHING lasts forever
EVERYONE wants to rule the world

Essy ze Ninja

a porg