Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
dealing with trauma

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:51 pm
Over the past three months or so, I've been dealing with some really bad trauma. Long and the short of it is, it's pretty bad.

I am afraid to deal with this. I don't think I can. My boyfriend has been helping me and has been very patient with me through this so far. I'm also seeing a therapist.

However, while they help me, they are not God. I have been praying about this though I know I should be praying more.

I've walked pretty far away from God. Now I find myself freaking out and feeling like I'm dealing with this alone when I know I'm not.

I guess what I really need advice on, is that I would like to try to get into the Word more. I've never really been good at having motivation to read the Bible.

In dealing with trauma, is there a book that would be best for me to start with?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:37 am
I vote Psalms.
I have some pretty bad emotional trauma, I find that reading in the book of Psalms calms me down a lot.  

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:16 pm
Thank you, that helped. I think I'll be continuing with Psalms for a bit.

Yeah, there's a lot of bad emotional trauma and some sexual trauma that I'm working through. I'm still in a bit of denial over some things.  
Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games