Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Vampires and other creatures and God Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LuxFos

9,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:02 pm
Most of the time we see people arguing about twilight, saying "real vampires don't sparkle" and "real vampires aren't vegetarians." We all know that vampires are myth, right? As for the other creatures, I don't really have a discussion for that, but they do believe in ghosts too. But when you ask them, "do you believe in God?" They will automatically answer you with "NO" and "no way" or even "God doesn't exist." Why is that?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:41 pm
My guess would be because some people dont like idea of a Surpreme Being that "controls" things. They want hard proof that God exists.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

LuxFos

9,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:08 pm
Shadows-shine
My guess would be because some people dont like idea of a Surpreme Being that "controls" things. They want hard proof that God exists.

Well yes, maybe.. smh for me, existing here and being alive is my proof that there is God. I mean, there's no other explanation how we are made. Evolution was stupid.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:15 pm
Because if vampires and ghosts or whatever, who really cares? It wouldn't change life all that much. Just one more thing in life to deal with.

But God demands to be noticed. He'll hold you accountable for your actions, show you right from wrong, and most people can't take that. God is a threat against their ability to do whatever they please.  

rosadria

Rednal

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:54 am
rofl

Vampires may be mythical creatures, but people expect myths of any type to have some kind of internal consistency to them. If you break too far from the established idea, it becomes something else. For example, Edward Cullen has messy hair, lives in the forest, and sparkles. He is clearly not a vampire. He's a fairy.

Many people do indeed have the fear of loss of control in their lives. The moment they acknowledge God exists, they have admitted that there is a being greater than themselves who is capable of judging them for their actions, and a lot of people would really prefer to avoid thinking about the actions and instead just do what they want. Myself? I only kind of believe in ghosts, and by that, I mean that I believe some things people have experienced are legitimate, supernatural experiences. However, I also believe that those events were probably caused by demons looking to make trouble and distract people from considering God, not the souls of dead people or whatever.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:55 am
Feidetic
Shadows-shine

Well yes, maybe.. smh for me, existing here and being alive is my proof that there is God. I mean, there's no other explanation how we are made. Evolution was stupid.
For some people though thats not enough proof. They want.tangible evidence. Nevermind the mythical creatures, they seem to easier to believe in instead of Someone who is so real and so alive, who is God. I dont know how to explain the mindset of those that dont believe in Him, I am merely speculating.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

LuxFos

9,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:16 pm
Rednal
rofl

Vampires may be mythical creatures, but people expect myths of any type to have some kind of internal consistency to them. If you break too far from the established idea, it becomes something else. For example, Edward Cullen has messy hair, lives in the forest, and sparkles. He is clearly not a vampire. He's a fairy.

Many people do indeed have the fear of loss of control in their lives. The moment they acknowledge God exists, they have admitted that there is a being greater than themselves who is capable of judging them for their actions, and a lot of people would really prefer to avoid thinking about the actions and instead just do what they want. Myself? I only kind of believe in ghosts, and by that, I mean that I believe some things people have experienced are legitimate, supernatural experiences. However, I also believe that those events were probably caused by demons looking to make trouble and distract people from considering God, not the souls of dead people or whatever.

Well, they should know about that already. When are they gonna change their minds? When it's too late? I have friends, atheist friends. Actually, they have this religion something I forgot what it's called, but I'm sure that it's a cult. He's trying to find some demon signs back then, I'm worried. I feel ashamed that I couldn't do anything for him except to pray that he'll change his mind. And shame on me again, because there are times that it'll slip my mind and I'll forget.
I don't really wanna discuss twilight here. I'm so tired of that.. But you know, I'm thinking of changing them too. Instead of killing people, I want them to hunt mosquitos. It would be a lot helpful.. LOL  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:22 pm
VK Fox
Because if vampires and ghosts or whatever, who really cares? It wouldn't change life all that much. Just one more thing in life to deal with.

But God demands to be noticed. He'll hold you accountable for your actions, show you right from wrong, and most people can't take that. God is a threat against their ability to do whatever they please.

God is a threat? Even people who believe in God make mistakes and sometimes even if they know it was wrong they still do it, but they feel guilty all the same, which is not happening to people who do not believe in God. They don't feel guilty at all.. Or maybe they do, but whatever it is that they are doing is overpowering them. That last part sounds wrong. xD Anyway, what can we do about it?  

LuxFos

9,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

LuxFos

9,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:25 pm
Shadows-shine
Feidetic
Shadows-shine

For some people though thats not enough proof. They want.tangible evidence. Nevermind the mythical creatures, they seem to easier to believe in instead of Someone who is so real and so alive, who is God. I dont know how to explain the mindset of those that dont believe in Him, I am merely speculating.
Yeah, me too. How can we help them?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:43 pm
Until they stop trying to apply scientific rationality to a being that is inherently beyond comprehension, they might not get very far. ^^;  

Rednal

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:47 am
User Image

The only way to help them is to pray and be good influences to them.
Some people just don't want to believe even though it takes more faith to be an atheist than a Christian.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:48 am
Remember what the Bible says about how the world is. Especially Bible verses on foolishness and how people will mistake good for evil. Those who don't believe in God normally tend to have harder hearts because they miss out on that special relationship (not always true, but a lot of the time it is).

I mean, those who believe in God can go into a forest and say, "Wow, what beautiful creation God has made." while there will be evolutionists or those who simply don't believe that wonder, "No one could of created this. It would've had to taken millions and millions of years to make that tree." So those of God recognize the world he has created.

I'm not sure about Vampires and Ghosts being God's creation, but it's possible since Vampires are partly human being or have been human beings before, same thing with Ghosts. I believe that both exist. I am a strong believer in the supernatural and don't believe the mythological creatures are "mythological" like dragons and stuff.

I say they simply don't believe because they don't want to, or they've been hurt by religion before. They could also be people that refuse to believe in "creation" and stick to the more evolutionary/"scientific" side of the coin. Not everyone in this world will ever believe in God. Although, as Christians, we can at least pray for them.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:53 am
Rednal
rofl

Lol! I must say that your first short paragraph there was an epic win xd "He is clearly not a vampire. He's a fairy." I'm a Twilight hater myself. That's so true about the reaching that breaking point and turning it into something completely different and bizarre.

However, the rest of what you wrote is also good and I have to agree =)  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:55 am
Shadows-shine

Yeah, that's how it's mostly seen these days. Although, the sad part is they want this "hard proof" but the more you try to give it to them, the dumber they will try to make you sound. Any bit of "proof" a lot of them will deny even though you are simply trying to help, it pushes them to the extent where they just don't want to hear it.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:53 pm
Aquatic_blue
Shadows-shine

Yeah, that's how it's mostly seen these days. Although, the sad part is they want this "hard proof" but the more you try to give it to them, the dumber they will try to make you sound. Any bit of "proof" a lot of them will deny even though you are simply trying to help, it pushes them to the extent where they just don't want to hear it.
That and they simply start acting stupider.  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff