NYAN NYAN NY-NYAN N-NY-NY-NY-NYAN
  Tame wolves!
  Dig holes!
  ....build things?
View Results

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:03 pm
Ah, Minecraft. I am rather late in jumping on the band-wagon for the game, but I am happy that I did.

I particularly like this quote, from Geekosystem : "Minecraft....provides a very comprehensive crafting and building mechanic that routinely causes players to realize it’s now six hours later."

I thought that since so many guildies are into the game, we could probably use a thread for discussing the game and sharing creations.

Granted, at the moment I have very little to share, but I know that some of the rest of you have some epic structures and ideas. biggrin

So, yeah. Start sharing. Here, I'll even post my tree:
http://i56.tinypic.com/34dh285.png  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:28 pm
User Image
Silly is you in a natural state,
and serious is something you have to do
until you can get silly again

Yay Minecraft! I'm terribly addicted though I've been slowing down on playing it lately.

Still, I'm addicted enough to make the ever famous Nyancat in-game neutral

Many have seen this already but YAY more sharing. XD

( ゚ヮ゚)

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:29 pm
Rica, that's awesome. xD I only saw it when it was an outline. The colours are great!  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:32 pm
I rarely get to play. My laptop sucks to the point where it's jumpy and I MUST leave the render down on the lowest setting. I have decided it's not worth it and only play when I get on GTR's computer, however even then I would get 3 hours at most and everyone knows that just not enough!

I remember my first place I built, it was SO awesome! I had a waterfall in my house, a beach in my backyard and a glass tower. I was starting to build a path when the computer decided to delete it all on me. So many hours were lost on that and I didn't play again for a month!  

God-Raped-Me

PixiecuTT

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:55 pm
I heart Minecraft, even though I don't make anything that's terribly interesting. My boyfriend and friends nagged me for weeks to play, and when I finally did, they complained that I was addicted. >.>

I used to play on our server, but it's been down for awhile, so when I've had time, I've been working on some smaller single-player projects.

I may have abused the "give" command to make my diamond castle, but I made this architectural monstrosity without giving myself stuff. In the center is a spiral staircase wrapped around a column of glass, but it doesn't show well in images. The overall effect is actually pretty ugly. xD

The whole thing is part of a larger "community" I've been working on, mostly made of glass, iron, stone, and sandstone.

[/rambling]

@GRM: I usually have the fog turned on high and render set low, otherwise the game is so choppy that it's unbearable. Fog only gets turned off when I want to see the overall look. sad I feel your pain.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:01 pm
Those look really kick a**! I don't have the imagination to build anything like that! I would love to do a castle with a banner down the front, but I really have troubles getting my head around the math of it all!  

God-Raped-Me

Phaeton

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:22 pm
I only recently started construction of a small village. I guess it's kinda pointless since I only play single player, but there you have it. I've been mostly mining and exploring caves I stumble across. It's pretty easy to get lost down there.  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:48 am
You've dragged Loom out of my memory banks, and how I giggled when you could work a dyeing spell on wool to turn it green... while the sheep were still "wearing" it. XD  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:02 pm
Bass loves Minecraft smile Play it most days, find it more enjoyable to play on my SMP server instead of playing single player. In fact, I don't really play SSP at all any more. If I play on Minecraft, I'll probably be on the server. I get bored with my SSP maps, nothing's as cool as the server is.

I haven't got any pictures of anything I've built yet, but I might do a video walkthrough of my house on my server soon if I can work out how to do it.

Speaking of my server, if anyone wants to join that doesn't already have the address, it's at bassios.servegame.com:25565
Just put it in the IP address box and you'll be set to go. It'll usually be online from 6pm GMT on weekdays, possibly earlier on weekends. I usually turn it off at midnight GMT as well, but again it might be later on weekends. smile  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:40 pm
Pixie, you and I should make an even bigger castle, or a cathedral or something. Maybe out of something less extravagant than diamond, though. razz  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Reiku Alche

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:03 pm
I play Minecraft pretty much everyday. Lately I've been spending my time on a SMP server that was given to my friend who does Minecraft commentary on YouTube. It's not a vanilla server, but there's been a lot of creativity pumped into the server. The surface level is mostly pixel art with buildings of various shapes and sizes scattered amongst them. However, we're also working on an underground city and my friend and I have began work on an underwater server. Once he posts a video with all this stuff on YouTube, I'll link to it.

I also play vanilla Minecraft, but on SSP. Right now I'm braving the nether to get lava to farm obsidian. I'm planning on building a floating obsidian castle with lots of lava pouring down from it. I'm also planning on building an obsidian sphinx with gold trim once I'm done with my castle. I've already build a small compound at my spawn and various other outposts on the overworld. I think I'm gonna go spelunking again soon. Obsidian farming is getting... dull. :'D

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:05 am
Ah, Minecraft. I've been saying for nearly two years now that I will try it out when I get some "free time" whenever that may be. Actually... I kind of have some free time right now...  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:31 pm
User ImageUser Image
User Image

I haven't played much Minecraft lately. Been distracted with other things. Work, Pokemon, Flyff, the fact that my girlfriend is here until August. xd

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:47 am
0-0Roland Deschain0-0
User ImageUser Image
User Image

I haven't played much Minecraft lately. Been distracted with other things. Work, Pokemon, Flyff, the fact that my girlfriend is here until August. xd

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

...Interesting that she's FOURTH on that list... wink  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:11 am
When I get home and a program that can deal with Screencaps, I will take a SLEW of pictures of the Spa and Inn I made on SMP. I put so much work and thought into it it would be a shame not to share it with you all ^_^

I have been making a cathedral in my Single player's map, it has a LONG way to go and I am short about a dozen brick blocks before I would even consider the dome "Done" But I can take some WIP pics of it to give an idea.

I agree with Bass, that it's hardly worth playing in single player anymore since there can be SO much more going on in a server at a time. I am glad that they "fixed" the SMP to allow Nether travel. I plan on finding out if Glowstone hanging lanterns melt snow.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff