Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:31 am
E3 2011, and holy crap is it a good one this year.

Microsoft: Finally seems to be trying to bring out the potential of the Kinect. Lots of multi-platform games, so they couldn't really brag about much, but some of the new Kinect things do seem impressive....though not that Disney World thing *shudder*

Sony: Awesome lineup of games and the official announcement of their next handheld...the "Vita" confused PS...V? Vita sounds to me like something you'd buy at a Starbucks. It seems like a good handheld really, with some great potential...but I just got a 3DS I'm set for now.
Way more interesting to me was the announcement that there will be a PS3 3D display screen (which I think had regular High Def too), with a pair of glasses, and a copy of Resistance 3...for $500. That is WAY more affordable!

Nintendo: The Wii U. Holy %@#)(% %@%)* They actually listened to all the people who went, "There's not enough hardcore stuuuuuuuff! We want more options than just motion control!" Basically, Nintendo said, "Oh! Ok, no problem biggrin " The new console features a controller with a ********! It's not a handheld stand alone system, but rather an amazing controller. It's got a touch screen, and if you're playing a game on your TV, and someone else needs the TV, you can swap the game onto the controller screen. HD graphics and a touch pad and a slew of other fancy pants gadgets are making a huge range of developers sit up and take notice. The next Darkstalkers game, an Assassins' Creed Game, And various multi-platformers will be possible on this system. The thing that's great is that these are developers who tended to lean more towards Xbox and Playstation, but they're clearly interested in what the Wii U has to offer.

Also...NEW SMASH BROTHERS GAME!!! It will somehow work with both the Wii U and 3DS...I don't get it either, but it's gonna happen.

Also also, Mario Kart 3D will be comming soon and apparently has hang gliding and under water elements.

Also also also, Legend of Zelda Four Swords will be a FREE download for 3DS owners.
Anyway, discuss your own thoughts about E3.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:14 pm
Episode 3. Episode 3. EPISODE 3!

And not the TERRIBLE Star Wars one. Oh "NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo..."

I'm talkin' about the one that'll take over half your life.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:20 am
From what I understand, there's going to be a Smash Bros for 3DS, that will interact with the Smash Bros on the Wii U. I may have read wrong but that's what I think I seen. Either way, that's awesome.

Also, props to Sony with those glasses, they just solved the oldest problem in multiplayer on the same console, ******** split screen... This was an AWESOME E3, but there were a few disappointments ( I.E. The Brothers in Arms game... )

Also, BRB SAVING UP FOR WII U.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:45 pm
I've been watching all the announcements with a great deal of interest... biggrin  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:25 am
AlcoholicPancake
From what I understand, there's going to be a Smash Bros for 3DS, that will interact with the Smash Bros on the Wii U. I may have read wrong but that's what I think I seen. Either way, that's awesome.

Also, props to Sony with those glasses, they just solved the oldest problem in multiplayer on the same console, ******** split screen... This was an AWESOME E3, but there were a few disappointments ( I.E. The Brothers in Arms game... )

Also, BRB SAVING UP FOR WII U.

*High fives*
I'm with ya on Smash Brothers. whee I can't wait to see how they'll do it for both 3DS and Wii U.

Also, I've gotta say I'm really annoyed with some of the people I work with. The day after the Nintendo conference, this one guy I work with was like, "I can't believe Nintendo bombed this year! They're basically making an Ipad console that also works on the TV. They'll never compete in the video game industry until they make a system that uses High definition."

burning_eyes I almost puked on his shoes. 1) The Wii U is a full console, the seperate screen is the controller. 2) IT FREAKING IS HIGH DEF!

It always annoys me when people slam video game companies just because they prefer a different system. I don't give two shits about the Kinect, but I can still appreciate the fact that they're trying to do more with it. Sheesh!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:49 pm
E3 was lack luster and here is why!

Starting with the big boy of the show the Wiiu. Given that it's specs are not out yet this is an assumption, but I am going to assume that it isn't obscenely more powerful than the Ps3. That means that the Wii U will be 5 years behind it's competitors with launch titles being ports of games that are coming out this year on the other consoles (Battlefield 3, Darksiders..ext). The games that use the tablet (which I do not approve of, but everyone else seems to love) can't be multilayer local as news I've read said that only one tablet works per console at a time. Even if it is part of a new console generation 3rd party support is still on the last generation so there would be another console with terrible third party support. Pii U.
Not to mention that I don't see how it could be priced cheaply in any sense of the world. However, it's made by Nintendo so you don't really need anything other than that to make people by their systems and support them. We've seen that they have an apple strong fan base that supports them no matter how hard they have been dissed in the past.

PS; THEY REALLY SUCK AT NAMING THEIR CONSOLES

Microsoft showed us nothing but another Halo game, but this time it is not made by Bungie, and then a rehash of an old halo game remade without Bungie. The rest of the show was gimmicky motion controls that really didn't kinect with me.

Fable looked like s**t.

Sony: I'm torn between my love of my PSP and how I wish the PSV (Which is an awesome acronym) was a more traditional system. The PSV's motion controls bore the ever loving Christ out of me, but a PSP with two analog sticks makes me excited. With good backwards compatibly too! Still there was little in the way of games of any kind that was a reveal so it's eh. At least their living la vita loca.

There was no big reveal that was up my ally so I guess I'm just disappointing. I knew about all of these things and it felt more like a conference for the non-gaming community.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:36 am
Oooh! Also, Mario Party 9 was FINALLY ANNOUNCED!!! I hope it has Wi-Fi  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:26 am
I was hoping they'd stop making that series.

.... biggrin  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:17 pm
Granted there are like 3 Mario Party games that are excellent out of all of them, but the good ones make up for the lame ones. Freaking awesome to play with buddies.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:41 am
I'm really skeptical about the Wii U. Like, extra skeptical. It could come out and be amazing. It could come out and be a gigantic, awful, horrible, really bad, no good waste of time. I really do enjoy Nintendo, and I enjoy the Wii, but they're trying some crazy stuff this time. I like the idea of a separate map in your hands, I like the seemingly more engaging motion controls, I like the idea of more third-party games. I just can't see how they're going to price it in a range anyone at all can afford. I did read that the tablet controller likely will not be the primary controller, and it will be used in conjunction with the wii remote, so that could be an interesting element where the tablet becomes like a communal, shared controller in multi-player games, and represents a special item or something in game.

So far as the stuff from Microsoft... meh. I really wasn't all that interested. I don't like Halo, so that didn't offer me any type of excitement. I've never played Fable, even though I would really like to. Thusly I couldn't be disappointed. As far as Kinect features, I actually really enjoy the Mass Effect 3 tie-ins. They aren't big, amazing things, but they're a nice addition.
Games I'm really waiting for:
Skyward Sword
Mass Effect 3
Bioshock Infinite
Skyrim  

Celestial Burden

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:17 pm
Just play the first two Fables. Or the third if you get a good deal.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:33 pm
Play the first fable and then You've played an improved version of the other two.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items