Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Alchemy I ~ (1/5) Open! (Introduction) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:46 am
Professor of Alchemy
..........Juan Angel Amorocho
..................Ravenclaw Head of House
"The cycle of life only goes one direction, ......................
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy I
Lesson One: Introduction
Tuesday, Block One, 8:00am to 8:45am

╚══════════════╝

"Yes, that is an excellent observation, Miss Grey," Angel paused to check his wristwatch, noted the time and clasped his hands together to gather the students' attention.

"Oh, it seems we've run out of time for today. Be sure to always check the board to see your assignment for next week and to know what you will need to be prepared for next class. Be sure to read chapter three, I want a one foot essay on the Philosopher's Stone by the start of next class. You're dismissed."

[Note: The assignment is OOC. You only have to state that your character "turns it in" during the next lesson. However, you can earn +10 house points if you choose to do the assignment. Only 1-3 sentences are required for the assignment. It should be written in a separate part of your post either in (quote) or (spoiler) during the next lesson to receive house points.]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:47 am
Last Class: Points Earned
      Gryffindor: +10 participation
      Hufflepuff:
      Ravenclaw:
      Slytherin:

Today's Class

Chapter Three, The Philosopher's Stone

Assignment for Next Class:

Read Chapter Nine, Corrumpo Spell and write one foot essay on the possible positive and negative uses for this spell.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:48 am
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy I
Lesson Two: Philosopher's Stone

╚══════════════╝

Angel stood, adjusted his crisp tailored suit then grasped his wand hidden in his inner breast pocket, a few silent swipes of his wand and his name began to write itself out on the board. When the clock had finally struck eight, his wand had been brandished once again to swish the door ajar to allow the students to file in.

"Alchemy is as much a spiritual journey as any religion, however, in this class, we will be exclusively reviewing the practical means of alchemy. Now, that said, we will be learning charms, transfigurations, and potions in this class. Why? Because alchemy is a diverse branch of magic, there is no real definition for what constitutes as an alchemical spell or potion. It's... It's almost like a music genre. It's time of discovery and original creators are the reasons why certain spells are referred to as alchemical--it's just because of the time period it happened to be establish in.

“Moving on to the day's lesson, we are going to begin the year with a discussion about the Philosopher’s Stone and its properties. So class, tell me what you think about the stone? It can be a theory, a question or an opinion... This is a class discussion, so don't worry about raising hands or waiting your turn, just remember to be civil and don't talk over one another.”  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:16 pm
Raymond Ara Yuko
Fourth Year Slytherin
Pureblood Parselmouth
Team Chaser

User Image User Image

Raymond had no idea why he decided to take alchemy. Not only was he playing caught up but it was double the work. Though, he managed to get his homework done while he waited an hour between History and Divination. Handing in his homework, he took a seat in his only third class. Taking notes about the stone. Raymond thought about it some. What did he think of the stone…? It was a stone that was long since gone. Chances were they’d never make another one. “The stone itself was pretty impressive. However with the complexity to create it, I don’t think there will ever be another stone like it.” He commented. It was sad to think but perhaps it was for the best.

Homework
                                    The philosopher’s stone was created by Nicolas Flamel a well-known alchemist. It was used to current the Elixir of Life which can make the drinker immortal and turn metal into pure gold. After Voldemort tried to steal the stone, it was destroyed. Nicolas Flamel and his wife passed soon after.

With: Class...

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: ---

Hrm, rather intelligent, I see...
                                    Not to mention you seem to have a tendency to think of yourself first...
                                    I do believe this house is the perfect fit for you...
                                    Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:59 am
Today's Class

Chapter Two, Introduction to Alchemy

Read Chapter Three, The Philosopher's Stone and write one foot essay on a brief summary of what you read in preparation for next class.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:00 pm
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy I

╚══════════════╝

Closing the book to rest on his desk, the Ravenclaw Head of House counted heads trying to decide if most of the students had arrived. But, the clock tower chimed the start of the class and greeted his students with a deep, soothing voice. ”Ah, hola y bienvenidos,” Angel began in Spanish, the same greeting as every year before. Then he continued in English. ”Welcome, I am the Ravenclaw Head of House and the Professor of Alchemy, Ángel Amorocho. I understand it may be a bit difficult to pronounce, as it is, professor is just fine." Nodding conclusively, he clasped his hands together and moved to lounge against the front of his desk. "Alchemy has been practiced in Greco-Roman Egypt, the Islamic world during the Middle Ages, and then in Europe from the 13th to the 18th centuries. During that time, it has evolved in various ways. The Emerald Tablet was considered the building block of alchemy, it's been transcribed dozens of times over different languages. The hard to interpret layers of different meanings in the text was what lead to laboratory experimentation, phase transition, the alchemical magnum opus, the ancient, classical, and element system for alchemy. Not only that, but it's believed to hold the secret key to creating the philosopher's stone: the transmutation of the prima materia, That is, the "fifth" element, or quintessence. For an easier understanding, it's what some might consider, "soul" or "life", that unique substance, whatever you may call it." He paused, not only to catch his breath but to let this new information absorb.

"Of course, that's quite advanced for you lot. In this class, we will be studying the four basic elements, earth, fire, wind, and water, as well as the study of transmutations and potionmaking. But now, I would like each of you to read the second chapter in your books, then stand, tell me your name and house and your opinion on how you interpret the Emerald Tablet. It doesn't have to be mind-blowing. Just tell me what you think it means? Or why do you think it's been so revered by alchemists, even after all these years? Or even why you think it shouldn't be. There's no wrong answers here."  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:24 pm
User ImageUser Image
Richard Indigo Devereux
Third Year Gryffindor
Black Sheep of the Family

Location : Alchemy - Tuesday @ 8:00am

Richard sat in class tired for the day to come. He had a bunch of classes he wasn’t a fan of. Half of them he didn’t want to take. However, he didn’t have much say. This class although interesting seemed like too much work for the Gryffindor to handle, or rather wanted to handle. Professor Angel was Spanish, which was probably the most interesting part of the morning class. No offense to the history lesson he got on the subject. Despite the history Richard disliked, he took tiny notes on the matter. You never know when you might need the information.

There was something about an Emerald Tablet which Richard wondered if it was actually made of Emerald was it just the color. However, he was too tired to care much about it. This was not helping him wake up. That was until the Philosopher’s Stone was mentioned. That stone could turn things to gold. Of course it was a stone long since destroyed if he bothered to read his textbook. Which, he'd have to for next class.

Speaking of his textbook… To Richard’s dismay he was requested to read the second chapter of his book. Groaning the Gryffindor flipped his book open. He wasn’t the biggest fan of reading. Even just skimming was a rather boring concept to him. By the time he was done he didn’t feel any more awake then when he started. Luckily when finished he’d at least be able to say his thoughts. Or at least he hoped so.

Standing, Richard took a moment. “Richard Devereux, Gryffindor. As far as this Emerald Tablet thing… it sounds to me that without its contents alchemy wouldn’t be what it is today and possibly wouldn’t have existed at all.” He commented. That’s what he got from it anyways. “So I guess I know why alchemists feel the way they do.” He added before sitting back down. That was the best he could do for such an early class.

With : Class...

Attire : Gryffindor Uniform

OOC : - - -

Not afraid to be different!
                                                  Well isn't that refreshing!
                                                  Your family may be Slytherin, but I think you'll find your way in...
                                                  Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:57 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 𝚅𝚒𝚝𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚛 𝙽𝚒𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚒xxx
Third Year Slytherin Half-Blood Heir Reserved Keeper xxxxx

User Image

xxxxᵂᵉˡᶜᵒᵐᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᵉᶰᵈ ᵒᶠ ᵉʳᵃˢ˒ ᶤᶜᵉ ʰᵃˢ ᵐᵉˡᵗᵉᵈ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ ᵗᵒ ˡᶤᶠᵉ
                                              xxxxᴰᵒᶰᵉ ᵐʸ ᵗᶤᵐᵉ ᵃᶰᵈ ˢᵉʳᵛᵉᵈ ᵐʸ ˢᵉᶰᵗᵉᶰᶜᵉ˒ ᵈʳᵉˢˢ ᵐᵉ ᵘᵖ ᵃᶰᵈ ʷᵃᵗᶜʰ ᵐᵉ ᵈᶤᵉ
                                              xxxxᴵᶠ ᶤᵗ ᶠᵉᵉˡˢ ᵍᵒᵒᵈ˒ ᵗᵃˢᵗᵉˢ ᵍᵒᵒᵈ˒ ᶤᵗ ᵐᵘˢᵗ ᵇᵉ ᵐᶤᶰᵉ
                                              xxxxᴰʸᶰᵃˢᵗʸ ᵈᵉᶜᵃᵖᶤᵗᵃᵗᵉᵈ˒ ʸᵒᵘ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵐᶤᵍʰᵗ ˢᵉᵉ ᵃ ᵍʰᵒˢᵗ ᵗᵒᶰᶤᵍʰᵗ

█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║██║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█

Vito was excited for this class how could he not be, alchemy the search for the famed philosopher's stone immortality, the power to turn base metals into gold. You'd have to be the most zealous of priests to not be tempted by that. Even if he could not achieve such a feat it would be well worth the attempt. Standing up Vito smiled. "Vitomir Nicloi, slytherin. I see the emerald as an important puzzle piece like the Rosetta Stone helped with understanding hieroglyphics, the tablet is the first real step to understanding the secrets to everything."

█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║██║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█

ˢʸᶜᵒᵖʰᵃᶰᵗˢ ᵒᶰ ᵛᵉˡᵛᵉᵗ ˢᵒᶠᵃˢ⁻ ᴸᵃᵛᶤˢʰ ᵐᵃᶰˢᶤᵒᶰˢ˒ ᵛᶤᶰᵗᵃᵍᵉ ʷᶤᶰᵉxxxx
                                              ᴵ ᵃᵐ ˢᵒ ᵐᵘᶜʰ ᵐᵒʳᵉ ᵗʰᵃᶰ ʳᵒʸᵃˡ˒ ˢᶰᵃᵗᶜʰ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶜʰᵃᶤᶰ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵐᵃᶜᵉ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵉʸᵉˢxxxx
                                              ᴵᶠ ᶤᵗ ᶠᵉᵉˡˢ ᵍᵒᵒᵈ˒ ᵗᵃˢᵗᵉˢ ᵍᵒᵒᵈ˒ ᶤᵗ ᵐᵘˢᵗ ᵇᵉ ᵐᶤᶰᵉxxxx
                                              ᴴᵉʳᵒᵉˢ ᵃˡʷᵃʸˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ʳᵉᵐᵉᵐᵇᵉʳᵉᵈ˒ ᵇᵘᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵏᶰᵒʷ ˡᵉᵍᵉᶰᵈˢ ᶰᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵈᶤᵉxxxx

< Out.Of.Character >
                                              ------

Xistund

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:08 am
      Gryffindor: +10
      Hufflepuff:
      Ravenclaw:
      Slytherin: +10

Today's Class

Chapter Three, The Philosopher's Stone

Read Chapter Nine, Corrumpo Spell and write one foot essay on the possible positive and negative uses for this spell.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:11 am
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy I
Lesson Two: Philosopher's Stone

╚══════════════╝

Angel stood, adjusted his crisp tailored suit then grasped his wand hidden in his inner breast pocket, a few silent swipes of his wand and his name began to write itself out on the board. When the clock had finally struck eight, his wand had been brandished once again to swish the door ajar to allow the students to file in.

"Alchemy is as much a spiritual journey as any religion, however, in this class, we will be exclusively reviewing the practical means of alchemy. Now, that said, we will be learning charms, transfigurations, and potions in this class. Why? Because alchemy is a diverse branch of magic, there is no real definition for what constitutes as an alchemical spell or potion. It's... It's almost like a music genre. It's time of discovery and original creators are the reasons why certain spells are referred to as alchemical--it's just because of the time period it happened to be establish in.

“Moving on to the day's lesson, we are going to begin the year with a discussion about the Philosopher’s Stone and its properties. So class, tell me what you think about the stone? It can be a theory, a question or an opinion... This is a class discussion, so don't worry about raising hands or waiting your turn, just remember to be civil and don't talk over one another.”

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:16 pm
      Gryffindor:
      Hufflepuff:
      Ravenclaw:
      Slytherin:

Today's Class

Chapter Nine, Corrumpo Spell

Practice the Corrumpo Spell.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:22 pm
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy I
Lesson Three: Corrumpo

╚══════════════╝

Manually guiding the chalk to his uniquely sprawling script, Angel copied down the spell for the day and the page it appeared in their alchemical textbooks. Wiping his hands of any fine white residue, he turned his attention to the head of the class, waving a hand through the air with simple ease which had caused the classroom door to swing open, and then, the curtains upon every high arched window pulled to the side to let the light spill through and douse its rays upon the foliage nestled along the back walls of the circular room. ”Good afternoon, class, today we will be spell casting.

“This spell is a fairly simple charm, and, has been practiced now for hundreds of years and have changed in their uses over those years. For instance, before metalwork had ever been invented there were nomadic alchemists that often dealt with the melting of iron ore or, for the process of separating ore from other minerals, gems, or fossils, and then revitalize it with a spell you’ll learn in next class to use the pure iron ore in experimentation… Though, recently, it's uses are much more versatile.

“The Corrumpo spell can cast any metal to tarnish to rust, thus, creating an ease of access to burst though iron bars, mar an opponent’s shield, barricades, or weaponry, or, simply, destroy your friends bicycle, which, I don’t at all condone.”

“The wandwork is a bit difficult, so watch and repeat, with a swift wrist guide your wand in an even zigzag, absolutely make sure it is as even as possible going left, and then right, and left once again, failure to do so could cause the spell to to tarnish too much. Then thrust the point of the wand at the target and recite the incantation. Understand? The incantation is fairly simple, if you’ll repeat after me: cor-um-PEE-oh.

“Excellent, now, give it a go on the metal chain link I’ve summoned to your desks, if you need any help, please, don’t hesitate to ask.”

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:26 am
Today's Class

Chapter Two, Introduction to Alchemy

Read Chapter Three, The Philosopher's Stone and write one foot essay on a brief summary of what you read in preparation for next class.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:28 am
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy I

╚══════════════╝

Closing the book to rest on his desk, the Ravenclaw Head of House counted heads trying to decide if most of the students had arrived. But, the clock tower chimed the start of the class and greeted his students with a deep, soothing voice. ”Ah, hola y bienvenidos,” Angel began in Spanish, the same greeting as every year before. Then he continued in English. ”Welcome, I am the Ravenclaw Head of House and the Professor of Alchemy, Ángel Amorocho. I understand it may be a bit difficult to pronounce, as it is, professor is just fine." Nodding conclusively, he clasped his hands together and moved to lounge against the front of his desk. "Alchemy has been practiced in Greco-Roman Egypt, the Islamic world during the Middle Ages, and then in Europe from the 13th to the 18th centuries. During that time, it has evolved in various ways. The Emerald Tablet was considered the building block of alchemy, it's been transcribed dozens of times over different languages. The hard to interpret layers of different meanings in the text was what lead to laboratory experimentation, phase transition, the alchemical magnum opus, the ancient, classical, and element system for alchemy. Not only that, but it's believed to hold the secret key to creating the philosopher's stone: the transmutation of the prima materia, That is, the "fifth" element, or quintessence. For an easier understanding, it's what some might consider, "soul" or "life", that unique substance, whatever you may call it." He paused, not only to catch his breath but to let this new information absorb.

"Of course, that's quite advanced for you lot. In this class, we will be studying the four basic elements, earth, fire, wind, and water, as well as the study of transmutations and potionmaking. But now, I would like each of you to read the second chapter in your books, then stand, tell me your name and house and your opinion on how you interpret the Emerald Tablet. It doesn't have to be mind-blowing. Just tell me what you think it means? Or why you think it's been so revered by alchemists, even after all these years? Or even why you think it shouldn't be. There's no wrong answers here."  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:30 am
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy I

╚══════════════╝

Angel paused to check his wristwatch, noted the time and clasped his hands together to gather the students' attention. "It seems we've run out of time for today. Be sure to always check the board to see your assignment for next week and to know what you will need to be prepared for next class. Be sure to read chapter three, I want a one foot essay on the Philosopher's Stone by the start of next class."

[Note: The assignment is OOC. You only have to state that your character "turns it in" during the next lesson. However, you can earn +10 house points if you choose to do the assignment. Only 1-3 sentences are required for the assignment. It should be written in a separate part of your post either in (quote) or (spoiler) during the next lesson to receive house points.]

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff