Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Alchemy I ~ (1/5) Open! (Introduction) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:31 am
Last Class: Points Earned
      Gryffindor: --
      Hufflepuff: --
      Ravenclaw: --
      Slytherin: --

Today's Class

Chapter Three, The Philosopher's Stone

Assignment for Next Class:

Read Chapter Nine, Corrumpo Spell and write one foot essay on the possible positive and negative uses for this spell.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:34 am
Professor of Alchemy
..........Juan Angel Amorocho
..................Ravenclaw Head of House
"The cycle of life only goes one direction, ......................
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy I
Lesson Two: Philosopher's Stone
Tuesday, Block One, 8:00am to 8:45am

╚══════════════╝

Angel stood, adjusted his crisp tailored suit then grasped his wand hidden in his inner breast pocket, a few silent swipes of his wand and his name began to write itself out on the board. When the clock had finally struck eight, his wand had been brandished once again to swish the door ajar to allow the students to file in.

"Alchemy is as much a spiritual journey as any religion, however, in this class, we will be exclusively reviewing the practical means of alchemy. Now, that said, we will be learning charms, transfigurations, and potions in this class. Why? Because alchemy is a diverse branch of magic, there is no real definition for what constitutes as an alchemical spell or potion. It's... It's almost like a music genre. It's time of discovery and original creators are the reasons why certain spells are referred to as alchemical--it's just because of the time period it happened to be established in.

“Moving on to the day's lesson, we are going to begin the year with a discussion about the Philosopher’s Stone and its properties. So class, tell me, what do you think about the stone? It can be a theory, a question or an opinion... This is a class discussion, so don't worry about raising hands or waiting your turn, just remember to be civil and don't talk over one another.”

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:12 pm
User Image
Third Year

Location : Alchemy Class - Tuesday @ 8:00am

Minako had a deep interest in alchemy. It wasn’t like some of her other classes. It was complex in its own way, much like the art of science. The Ravenclaw was content sitting in class as they spoke about alchemy being like a music genre. That was something she could easily relate to. Having already read about the Philosopher’s Stone she was intrigued about the red stone being able to convert metal into pure gold. Course it was long since gone which was a real shame. “The stone could turn metal into pure gold. I’m not entirely sure how it could do that. It would be great if it was still around to study though.” She shared, as her book was opened to the chapter.

With : Class...

Attire : Ravenclaw Uniform

OOC : - - -

A creative thinker with plenty of opinions,
                                                  One who seeks perfection in all you do.
                                                  I know just what to do with you...
                                                  Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:38 am
Today's Class

Chapter Two, Introduction to Alchemy

Read Chapter Three, The Philosopher's Stone and write one foot essay on a brief summary of what you read in preparation for next class.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:39 am
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy I
Lesson One: Introduction

╚══════════════╝

Closing the book to rest on his desk, the Ravenclaw Head of House counted heads trying to decide if most of the students had arrived. But, the clock tower chimed the start of the class and greeted his students with a deep, soothing voice. ”Ah, hola y bienvenidos,” Angel began in Spanish, the same greeting as every year before. Then he continued in English. ”Welcome, I am the Ravenclaw Head of House and the Professor of Alchemy, Ángel Amorocho. I understand it may be a bit difficult to pronounce, as it is, professor is just fine." Nodding conclusively, he clasped his hands together and moved to lounge against the front of his desk. "Alchemy has been practiced in Greco-Roman Egypt, the Islamic world during the Middle Ages, and then in Europe from the 13th to the 18th centuries. During that time, it has evolved in various ways. The Emerald Tablet was considered the building block of alchemy, it's been transcribed dozens of times over different languages. The hard to interpret layers of different meanings in the text was what lead to laboratory experimentation, phase transition, the alchemical magnum opus, the ancient, classical, and element system for alchemy. Not only that, but it's believed to hold the secret key to creating the philosopher's stone: the transmutation of the prima materia, That is, the "fifth" element, or quintessence. For an easier understanding, it's what some might consider, "soul" or "life", that unique substance, whatever you may call it." He paused, not only to catch his breath but to let this new information absorb.

"Of course, that's quite advanced for you lot. In this class, we will be studying the four basic elements, earth, fire, wind, and water, as well as the study of transmutations and potionmaking. But now, I would like each of you to read the second chapter in your books, then stand, tell me your name and house and your opinion on how you interpret the Emerald Tablet. It doesn't have to be mind-blowing. Just tell me what you think it means? Or why do you think it's been so revered by alchemists, even after all these years? Or even why you think it shouldn't be. There's no wrong answers here."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:50 am
Professor of Alchemy

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy I

╚══════════════╝

Closing the book to rest on his desk, the Ravenclaw Head of House counted heads trying to decide if most of the students had arrived. But, the clock tower chimed the start of the class and greeted his students with a deep, soothing voice. ”Ah, hola y bienvenidos,” Angel began in Spanish, the same greeting as every year before. Then he continued in English. ”Welcome, I am the Ravenclaw Head of House and the Professor of Alchemy, Ángel Amorocho. I understand it may be a bit difficult to pronounce, as it is, professor is just fine." Nodding conclusively, he clasped his hands together and moved to lounge against the front of his desk. "Alchemy has been practiced in Greco-Roman Egypt, the Islamic world during the Middle Ages, and then in Europe from the 13th to the 18th centuries. During that time, it has evolved in various ways. The Emerald Tablet was considered the building block of alchemy, it's been transcribed dozens of times over different languages. The hard to interpret layers of different meanings in the text was what lead to laboratory experimentation, phase transition, the alchemical magnum opus, the ancient, classical, and element system for alchemy. Not only that, but it's believed to hold the secret key to creating the philosopher's stone: the transmutation of the prima materia, That is, the "fifth" element, or quintessence. For an easier understanding, it's what some might consider, "soul" or "life", that unique substance, whatever you may call it." He paused, not only to catch his breath but to let this new information absorb.

"Of course, that's quite advanced for you lot. In this class, we will be studying the four basic elements, earth, fire, wind, and water, as well as the study of transmutations and potionmaking. But now, I would like each of you to read the second chapter in your books, then stand, tell me your name and house and your opinion on how you interpret the Emerald Tablet. It doesn't have to be mind-blowing. Just tell me what you think it means. Or why do you think it's been so revered by alchemists, even after all these years? Or even why you think it shouldn't be. There's no wrong answers here."

Quote:

Today's Class

Read Chapter Three, The Philosopher's Stone and write one foot essay on a brief summary of what you read in preparation for next class.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:01 pm
Professor of Alchemy

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy I

╚══════════════╝

"Of course, that's quite advanced for you lot. In this class, we will be studying the four basic elements, earth, fire, wind, and water, as well as the study of transmutations and potionmaking. But now, I would like each of you to read the second chapter in your books, then stand, tell me your name and house and your opinion on how you interpret the Emerald Tablet. It doesn't have to be mind-blowing. Just tell me what you think it means. Or why do you think it's been so revered by alchemists, even after all these years? Or even why you think it shouldn't be. There's no wrong answers here."

Quote:

Today's Class

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:40 am
User Image

♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

third year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club
irregular attendee of Astronomy club

Inspired in part by her enjoyment of Potions and Transfiguration, Sonora arrived bright and early at Alchemy. She was excited to take a class with her Head of House, and took out her already note-marked textbook as she waited for friendly faces to arrive.

When instructed, she reviewed her notes, gathered her thoughts and finally spoke up. ”Hello! I’m Sonora Li, Ravenclaw House. I think it’s pretty incredible that such a small tablet gave rise to so many different principles in alchemy! It’s exciting to think that there might be even more mysterious buried within it.”

---

homework

The Philosopher’s Stone represents the pinnacle of an alchemist’s achievement, as a material that can create Elixir of LIfe and make any metal to gold.

”--”

User Image User Image User Image
The birds, the sun, the stars, night sky,
It's such a sight to withhold.
Three-six-zero turn to see that we're not alone.
You have a house. Hello home.
♫♪
"Paper Plane's Adventure" by V.K. Lyrics by Tanoshibe on YouTube

addaellis

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items